Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,334 members, 7,811,975 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:37 AM

Obiano Gives Police 100 Horses To "Enhance Security" In Anambra - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obiano Gives Police 100 Horses To "Enhance Security" In Anambra (33903 Views)

MTN Foundation Donates Vehicles To Ambode To Help Boost Security In Lagos(Pics) / Willie Obiano Gives Out Exotic Police Cars To The Nigerian Police Force / New Taxi Scheme To Enhance Security In Abuja-sambo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obiano Gives Police 100 Horses To "Enhance Security" In Anambra by shizzleStar: 7:14am On Dec 04, 2014
ignis:
Am I the only one getting confused here?
How can horse be used by the police to enhance security in this 21st century? Whatever happened to power bikes? I will like to see the scene of police using a horse to chase a car.... lolz

It's either the police sell those horses or they roast and eat the meat in their various stations.

Misplaced priorities.
Be slow to condemn,

but quick to learn smileywink
bushdoc9919:
Horses are important in police work

From WikiPedia.....Mounted Police

Mounted police are police who patrol on horseback (equestrians) or camelback. They continue to serve in remote areas and in metropolitan areas where their day-to-day function may be picturesque or ceremonial, but they are also employed in crowd control because of their mobile mass and height advantage and increasingly in the UK for crime prevention and high visibility policing roles. The added height and visibility that the horses give their riders allow officers to observe a wider area, but it also allows people in the wider area to see the officers, which helps deter crime and helps people find officers when they need them. Mounted police may be employed for specialized duties ranging from patrol of parks and wilderness areas, where police cars would be impractical or noisy, to riot duty, where the horse serves to intimidate those whom it is desired to disperse through its larger size, or may be sent in to detain trouble makers or offenders from the crowd. For example, in the UK, mounted police are most often seen at football matches, although they are also a common sight on the streets of many towns and cities as a visible police presence and crime deterrent during the day and night. Some mounted police units are trained in search and rescue due to the horse's ability to travel where vehicles cannot.

See also....Mounted Branch...Met Police (London)

Don't mock the Governor.....he knows what he is doing (at least in this instance)

Good move my amiable governor, highly commendable cool

5 Likes

Re: Obiano Gives Police 100 Horses To "Enhance Security" In Anambra by kskpoundz(m): 7:14am On Dec 04, 2014
It is also used herein lagos,av seen it around obalende
Re: Obiano Gives Police 100 Horses To "Enhance Security" In Anambra by simmieyoung(m): 7:15am On Dec 04, 2014
The horse nah bullet proof abi?
Re: Obiano Gives Police 100 Horses To "Enhance Security" In Anambra by mekadinho(f): 7:15am On Dec 04, 2014
ignis:
How can horse be used by the police to enhance security in this 21st century? Whatever happened to power bikes? I will like to see the scene of police using a horse to chase a car.... lolz

It's either the police sell those horses or they roast and eat the meat in their various stations.

Misplaced priorities.
Funny though, but I have seen lots Italy policemen on horses... Esp in Milan.

4 Likes

Re: Obiano Gives Police 100 Horses To "Enhance Security" In Anambra by Emilyhills(m): 7:16am On Dec 04, 2014
okotv:
sometimes you ask if those in power really have any idea of what it takes to lead us....what has horses got to do with security in the 21st century

Don't they know that its more expensive to maintain horses than cars

I had always liked this governor but now I am beginning to see low reasoning or maybe wrong motives cause that's tax payers money been spent. It is well Anambarians.....enjoy him while it lasts cause you voted him
Bros, this your post no make sense.

1 Like

Re: Obiano Gives Police 100 Horses To "Enhance Security" In Anambra by slikcipher(m): 7:17am On Dec 04, 2014
ignis:

Misplaced priorities.

Your thinking is limited sha. Horses are used in the UK to enhance security. the keyword there is enhance.

2 Likes

Re: Obiano Gives Police 100 Horses To "Enhance Security" In Anambra by 3dankey(m): 7:18am On Dec 04, 2014
The man just want to change the look of things in his state. It is not a bad ideal,cos it is obtainable in developed countries. I really do not see anything wrong with what he did and hope to see more of this changes in my dear state.

The problem we have is our mentality and the way we think, so now everything should be Hilux,why not SUV cars for the police. Please think big and stop all this comments.

3 Likes

Re: Obiano Gives Police 100 Horses To "Enhance Security" In Anambra by OkikiOluwa1(m): 7:19am On Dec 04, 2014
Which kind gift be this
Re: Obiano Gives Police 100 Horses To "Enhance Security" In Anambra by okeke00(m): 7:20am On Dec 04, 2014
joke apart, i think this obiano is more clueless than any other governor.
We are are complaning of narrow roads, dirty enviroment, poor town planning, deadly means of transportation, and you are buying horses.
I dont know if you want to build some storey building on your roads, because i can see some hips of sand packed on the roads
Re: Obiano Gives Police 100 Horses To "Enhance Security" In Anambra by Exjoker(m): 7:20am On Dec 04, 2014
Seun:
According to Ladun Liadi,
http://www.ladunliadinews.com/2014/12/photos-gov-obiano-donates-horses-to.html
How exactly are horses going to enhance security, though? Will they be used to chase armed robbers? Aren't horses only used for parades?

[img]http://1.bp..com/-SRblM7FyFW4/VH9tY3o0I_I/AAAAAAABadQ/oJZbWzQzSFY/s1600/H.jpg[/img]
[img]http://1.bp..com/-2TnnKBFnQiI/VH9tg8F2cPI/AAAAAAABadY/WAXYQ__dUL4/s1600/H2.jpg[/img]
[img]http://2.bp..com/-cIY6tPVUd98/VH9tjVw0pjI/AAAAAAABado/_OiuFdYH8eA/s1600/H5.jpg[/img]
They can be use for patrol, scout mission, chase, accessing of places that can't be reach with cars . But they are expensive to maintain. Our police have a bad record of maintain culture.

2 Likes

Re: Obiano Gives Police 100 Horses To "Enhance Security" In Anambra by xdos(m): 7:21am On Dec 04, 2014
Our politicians are comedians... Willie is a comedian... Joke of the century... He wants to turn Anambra police officers to Cowboys... Dat guy shud sack his advisers... Soon he shall give them ropes instead of guns...

1 Like

Re: Obiano Gives Police 100 Horses To "Enhance Security" In Anambra by goldman777: 7:22am On Dec 04, 2014
well horses can access some terrains like hilly areas and shrub vegetation areas where bikes and car,s cant access its just dat d thief should not be armed to shoot d horse first then d purpose is defeated

2 Likes

Re: Obiano Gives Police 100 Horses To "Enhance Security" In Anambra by Sylvarresta(m): 7:22am On Dec 04, 2014
Shit like this doesn't happen here in Spain....
Re: Obiano Gives Police 100 Horses To "Enhance Security" In Anambra by valkingsley(m): 7:22am On Dec 04, 2014
No be naija we dey?
The horse we pursue the criminals but the police will stay put.
And by the way the good Governor should employ archers too for better security undecided undecided undecided
Re: Obiano Gives Police 100 Horses To "Enhance Security" In Anambra by Exjoker(m): 7:23am On Dec 04, 2014
OkikiOluwa1:
Which kind gift be this
Arch bro all gift na gift OK. This one is called mobility gift
Re: Obiano Gives Police 100 Horses To "Enhance Security" In Anambra by Etinosajay(m): 7:23am On Dec 04, 2014
Hmm...bloody show off....see d cloth he's putting on garnished with his face over...Nigerian Politicians sha

Anyway I unlock all my blackberry 10 phones from www.nairaland.com/
Re: Obiano Gives Police 100 Horses To "Enhance Security" In Anambra by okotv(m): 7:23am On Dec 04, 2014
Emilyhills:

Bros, this your post no make sense.
thanks

your opinion though
Re: Obiano Gives Police 100 Horses To "Enhance Security" In Anambra by rakumiii(m): 7:24am On Dec 04, 2014
Seun:
According to Ladun Liadi,
http://www.ladunliadinews.com/2014/12/photos-gov-obiano-donates-horses-to.html
How exactly are horses going to enhance security, though? Will they be used to chase armed robbers? Aren't horses only used for parades?

[size=18pt]CLOWNS[/size]
Re: Obiano Gives Police 100 Horses To "Enhance Security" In Anambra by okeke00(m): 7:24am On Dec 04, 2014
for those of you blaming GEJ. Have you seen how clueless your governors are.
Mr obiano, am really disappointed in you
Re: Obiano Gives Police 100 Horses To "Enhance Security" In Anambra by izzo22: 7:24am On Dec 04, 2014
ignis:

Misplaced priorities.
you a mumu a big one for that matter...go and ask the UK police what dy do wift horses they have

2 Likes

Re: Obiano Gives Police 100 Horses To "Enhance Security" In Anambra by Nobody: 7:25am On Dec 04, 2014
Rexphobia:
Camel would have been better

Apparently Guy man don go UK see police dey use horse. Okay, continue.

Please whe will he visit Dubai?
lol.... U want him to run his state bankrupt?? If he gets there, trust me..... He will look the other way pretending he didnt see a bugatti labeled "POLICE"..
Re: Obiano Gives Police 100 Horses To "Enhance Security" In Anambra by Nobody: 7:25am On Dec 04, 2014
Exjoker:
They can be use for patrol, scout mission, chase, accessing of places that can't be reach with cars . But they are expensive to maintain. Our police have a bad record of maintain culture.

But the Nigeria Police does have a Mounted Division....and over the years I have seen them used in crowd control situations.
Re: Obiano Gives Police 100 Horses To "Enhance Security" In Anambra by nagoma(m): 7:26am On Dec 04, 2014
The SE discovering horses.

I thought they regard them as "Bush meat" - the general name for other living things.

Even in the north where horses were used for 1000 years, they are only used for ceremonies now.
Re: Obiano Gives Police 100 Horses To "Enhance Security" In Anambra by izzo22: 7:26am On Dec 04, 2014
okeke00:
tomorrow you will go to UK and see police men on horse back...u hv only disappointed ur family by exhibiting your foolishness online

3 Likes

Re: Obiano Gives Police 100 Horses To "Enhance Security" In Anambra by Ignatio(m): 7:26am On Dec 04, 2014
I wonder How they'll maintain horses when they can't maintain cars given to them.
Re: Obiano Gives Police 100 Horses To "Enhance Security" In Anambra by izzo22: 7:27am On Dec 04, 2014
okeke00:
tomorrow you will go to UK and see police men on horse back...u hv only disappointed ur family by exhibiting your foolisnes online

2 Likes

Re: Obiano Gives Police 100 Horses To "Enhance Security" In Anambra by okeke00(m): 7:28am On Dec 04, 2014
xdos:
Our politicians are comedians... Willie is a comedian... Joke of the century... He wants to turn Anambra police officers to Cowboys... Dat guy shud sack his advisers... Soon he shall give them ropes instead of guns...
he is more than a comedian. Its just a waste of vote
Re: Obiano Gives Police 100 Horses To "Enhance Security" In Anambra by gambus007(m): 7:32am On Dec 04, 2014
macpetrus:
Welcome development

Local means of Transportation from one village to another village Community

Cost of maintance Low
No Fuel

Anambra mounted police units (AMPU)
Good Morning grin

horses are not cheap to maintain o.Dem go chop,doctor go visit them.not cheap atal

1 Like

Re: Obiano Gives Police 100 Horses To "Enhance Security" In Anambra by redcliff: 7:33am On Dec 04, 2014
macpetrus:
Welcome development

Local means of Transportation from one village to another village Community

Cost of maintance Low
No Fuel

Anambra mounted police units (AMPU)
Good Morning grin

Is the horse mechanical? Wont it eat? Would it not be bought food and taken care of?
Re: Obiano Gives Police 100 Horses To "Enhance Security" In Anambra by Nobody: 7:33am On Dec 04, 2014
Ndi anambra ibem, ntoo tongue. We, sorry you people voted a clown as governor. From special adviser on flute to buying horses for police. Atimes we fool ourselves by trying to be "whiter" than the whites. An average American criminal gets scared on sighting a single policeman on patrol whereas his Nigerian counterpart laughs when he sees a trailer load of Nigerian policemen. Now tell me if donating horses for police isn't a better way of entertaining Naija hoodlums than night of a thousand laugh with 1000 Basketmouths undecided
Re: Obiano Gives Police 100 Horses To "Enhance Security" In Anambra by Nobody: 7:35am On Dec 04, 2014
trailB:
grin he should give them swords & spears too
Hahaha

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Attack On Kwankwaso's Convoy, Hoodlums Smash Vehicles, Injure Many (Photos) / Naira Crunch: I Need N70m In ‘hard Copy’ For Election Expenses - Doguwa / Atewe Gave N35m To Winners’ Chapel – Witness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.