Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,337 members, 7,811,978 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:06 AM

Obiano Gives Police 100 Horses To "Enhance Security" In Anambra - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obiano Gives Police 100 Horses To "Enhance Security" In Anambra (33904 Views)

MTN Foundation Donates Vehicles To Ambode To Help Boost Security In Lagos(Pics) / Willie Obiano Gives Out Exotic Police Cars To The Nigerian Police Force / New Taxi Scheme To Enhance Security In Abuja-sambo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obiano Gives Police 100 Horses To "Enhance Security" In Anambra by misshoree(f): 4:28pm On Dec 04, 2014
Se they wan use am for sacrifice ni
Re: Obiano Gives Police 100 Horses To "Enhance Security" In Anambra by ignis: 6:20pm On Dec 04, 2014
londoner:

horses are used in many cities I have visited, including New York, many across Australia and my hometown London.

Many times mounted police are a deterent. Its not really about transportation.

That's interesting. ..
Here in France, where am schooling, police don't use horse.
Re: Obiano Gives Police 100 Horses To "Enhance Security" In Anambra by ignis: 6:25pm On Dec 04, 2014
izzo22:
you a mumu a big one for that matter...go and ask the UK police what dy do wift horses they have
My mum said I should not reply insults from bastards
Re: Obiano Gives Police 100 Horses To "Enhance Security" In Anambra by Chiemeka1: 6:28pm On Dec 04, 2014
Abi dey wan turn to cowboys?
Re: Obiano Gives Police 100 Horses To "Enhance Security" In Anambra by subnormal: 7:07pm On Dec 04, 2014
I hope this is a joke. Are we still in the 18th century? Why not powerbikes or faster cars
Re: Obiano Gives Police 100 Horses To "Enhance Security" In Anambra by londoner: 9:29pm On Dec 04, 2014
ignis:

That's interesting. ..
Here in France, where am schooling, police don't use horse.

No, the French eat horse.

1 Like

Re: Obiano Gives Police 100 Horses To "Enhance Security" In Anambra by malali: 10:29pm On Dec 04, 2014
nedu2000:
the horse riders r d policemen,and they r already employed

And creates work for commenters on nairaland......abi!!!

Dem send you
Re: Obiano Gives Police 100 Horses To "Enhance Security" In Anambra by ISpiksDaTroof: 10:36pm On Dec 04, 2014
bushdoc9919:
Horses are important in police work

From WikiPedia.....Mounted Police

[i]Mounted police are police who patrol on horseback (equestrians) or camelback. They continue to serve in remote areas and in metropolitan areas where their day-to-day function may be picturesque or ceremonial,

Don't mock the Governor.....he knows what he is doing (at least in this instance)

You actually got 119 likes for that rubbish post?

The bolded is what you should've been paying attention to and not the other gibberish which you obviously understood little of yourself.
Re: Obiano Gives Police 100 Horses To "Enhance Security" In Anambra by ISpiksDaTroof: 10:41pm On Dec 04, 2014
londoner:
Mounted police patrol are the norm in many/if not most main western cities. They must be still using them for a reason.

Take a look at the list of mountedcpolice worldwide

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_mounted_police_units

I think Nigerians are far too obsessed with all things shiney.

Why do you clowns come online and just spill nonsense to your readers? As big as New York City is, Mounted police can only be found within a two block radius in Time Square and they are only there for ceremonial and picturesque reasons (like my last post stated). Act crazy and you'll see Power Bikes and Crown Victorias come at your from every angle you can imagine.

The Governor pulled a silly move, and I think this goes to show the level of thinking of the person in charge of the state.
Re: Obiano Gives Police 100 Horses To "Enhance Security" In Anambra by dapotemi: 11:08pm On Dec 04, 2014
Horse-rider..wit AK47
Re: Obiano Gives Police 100 Horses To "Enhance Security" In Anambra by londoner: 11:15pm On Dec 04, 2014
ISpiksDaTroof:

Why do you clowns come online and just spill nonsense to your readers? As big as New York City is, Mounted police can only be found within a two block radius in Time Square and they are only there for ceremonial and picturesque reasons (like my last post stated). Act crazy and you'll see Power Bikes and Crown Victorias come at your from every angle you can imagine.

The Governor pulled a silly move, and I think this goes to show the level of thinking of the person in charge of the state.

Well NY is not the only place that uses mounted police In London, they are used, and it is beyond just ceremony, they arealso used across Australia. No one is saying there should be no vehicles for the police, obviously there are in addition.

The governor is also not proposing that they should replace vehicles. He has already distributed the police vehicles back in April. Mounted police are to enhance security. I must say, I have been in places that were in fact calmed down by the presence of police on horseback. That is both in the UK and Australia.

My issue is not that he is introducing mounted police, my concern is whether there is actual training, facilities and policies in place for mounted police and police horses.

At the end of the day, if he introduces dogs now, people will shout as if the use of dogs in policing, security have not proved useful elsewhere.

There are many things a car can do, but it cant give you the vantage point that a horse can. Both working together is better than just one alone, in my opinion.

1 Like

Re: Obiano Gives Police 100 Horses To "Enhance Security" In Anambra by nedu2000(m): 11:17pm On Dec 04, 2014
malali:

And creates work for commenters on nairaland......abi!!!

Dem send you
ah!no vex o,lolss
Re: Obiano Gives Police 100 Horses To "Enhance Security" In Anambra by Nobody: 12:09am On Dec 05, 2014
ISpiksDaTroof:

The bolded is what you should've been paying attention to and not the other gibberish which you obviously understood little of yourself.

And you cleverly omitted this bit...(sauce)

[b]but they are also employed in crowd control because of their mobile mass and height advantage and increasingly in the UK for crime prevention and high visibility policing roles. The added height and visibility that the horses give their riders allow officers to observe a wider area, but it also allows people in the wider area to see the officers, which helps deter crime and helps people find officers when they need them.[1] Mounted police may be employed for specialized duties ranging from patrol of parks and wilderne, football matches and demonstrations.ss areas, where police cars would be impractical or noisy, to riot duty, where the horse serves to intimidate those whom it is desired to disperse through its larger size, or may be sent in to detain trouble makers or offenders from the crowd. For example, in the UK, mounted police are most often seen at football matches, although they are also a common sight on the streets of many towns and cities as a visible police presence and crime deterrent during the day and night. Some mounted police units are trained in search and rescue due to the horse's ability to travel where vehicles cannot.[/b]

And from this article in the Nigerian Guardian....

LEVELS of public trust and confidence in police are higher when officers are deployed on horseback, a report suggests.

The number of mounted units in Britain has fallen from 17 in 2012 to 12 in 2014, amid pressures on budgets.

And the study commissioned by the Association of Chief Police Officers set out to assess the value of the patrols.

Researchers say they could have a greater role in neighbourhood policing.

Interviews with police and the public were conducted by the University of Oxford and research group RAND Europe between February 2013 and August 2014.

They examined the reaction of members of the public when neighbourhood patrols by pairs of mounted police officers were trialled in three areas in Gloucestershire and London in March 2014.

They also looked at the use of mounted units at the Glastonbury Festival, football matches and demonstrations.(more here)

Hope this helps.
Re: Obiano Gives Police 100 Horses To "Enhance Security" In Anambra by malali: 12:10am On Dec 05, 2014
nedu2000:
ah!no vex o,lolss

you self....lol
Re: Obiano Gives Police 100 Horses To "Enhance Security" In Anambra by ISpiksDaTroof: 11:27am On Dec 05, 2014
londoner:

Well NY is not the only place that uses mounted police In London, they are used, and it is beyond just ceremony, they arealso used across Australia. No one is saying there should be no vehicles for the police, obviously there are in addition.

The governor is also not proposing that they should replace vehicles. He has already distributed the police vehicles back in April. Mounted police are to enhance security. I must say, I have been in places that were in fact calmed down by the presence of police on horseback. That is both in the UK and Australia.

My issue is not that he is introducing mounted police, my concern is whether there is actual training, facilities and policies in place for mounted police and police horses.

At the end of the day, if he introduces dogs now, people will shout as if the use of dogs in policing, security have not proved useful elsewhere.

There are many things a car can do, but it cant give you the vantage point that a horse can. Both working together is better than just one alone, in my opinion.

Absolutely not true! Again you're speaking on something you know nothing about. How many times have you seen policemen on horses patrolling the cities of London outside of Trafalgar Sqr and other tourist filled areas? What about the inner cities of Melbourne? What about Sydney or Adelaide?

The Governor fumbled, period.
Re: Obiano Gives Police 100 Horses To "Enhance Security" In Anambra by ISpiksDaTroof: 11:30am On Dec 05, 2014
bushdoc9919:

And you cleverly omitted this bit...(sauce)

[b]but they are also employed in crowd control because of their mobile mass and height advantage and increasingly in the UK for crime prevention and high visibility policing roles. The added height and visibility that the horses give their riders allow officers to observe a wider area, but it also allows people in the wider area to see the officers, which helps deter crime and helps people find officers when they need them.[1] Mounted police may be employed for specialized duties ranging from patrol of parks and wilderne, football matches and demonstrations.ss areas, where police cars would be impractical or noisy, to riot duty, where the horse serves to intimidate those whom it is desired to disperse through its larger size, or may be sent in to detain trouble makers or offenders from the crowd. For example, in the UK, mounted police are most often seen at football matches, although they are also a common sight on the streets of many towns and cities as a visible police presence and crime deterrent during the day and night. Some mounted police units are trained in search and rescue due to the horse's ability to travel where vehicles cannot.[/b]

And from this article in the Nigerian Guardian....

Hope this helps.

Are you ok? What the hell did I cleverly omit? I do not disagree that they are used for ceremonial duties, festivals or sporting events. What I said is that they are not used for everyday policing... unless maybe you live in Amish County.

Nigerian Guardian?! Really?! Horses in which London or New York are used where vehicles cannot? You think those cities' roads are like Anambras that is a mixture of clay, tar and mud?

You lot should learn to speak on what you know about.
Re: Obiano Gives Police 100 Horses To "Enhance Security" In Anambra by Nobody: 11:55am On Dec 05, 2014
Haba, your sounding too encyclopeadic as much as your sounding insultive and abusive, check out the comments of those arguing with you and see how civil they are but you keep abusing and insulting people to drive home your assertions.

Do you think if these people stopped replying you that you have won, they just back off because they discovered you dont do solid arguement but throw tantrums and insults with reckless abandone.

Tone its down and argue, stop insulting, well Ibadan people na their way shaa, starting off the day by throwing abuses, if they want to greet each other they will start with insults.

ISpiksDaTroof:
Are you ok? What the hell did I cleverly omit? I do not disagree that they are used for ceremonial duties, festivals or sporting events. What I said is that they are not used for everyday policing... unless maybe you live in Amish County.

Nigerian Guardian?! Really?! Horses in which London or New York are used where vehicles cannot? You think those cities' roads are like Anambras that is a mixture of clay, tar and mud?

You lot should learn to speak on what you know about.

2 Likes

Re: Obiano Gives Police 100 Horses To "Enhance Security" In Anambra by Collynzo9: 12:03pm On Dec 05, 2014
ISpiksDaTroof:

No, this is the bolded in full
in metropolitan areas where their day-to-day function may be picturesque or ceremonial
The description you want to highlight is for metropolitan areas and they even wrote (may be) which indicates that it isn't the same for all metropolitan areas. One thing that is indisputable though, is their use in remote areas.

2 Likes

Re: Obiano Gives Police 100 Horses To "Enhance Security" In Anambra by ISpiksDaTroof: 12:39am On Dec 06, 2014
Collynzo9:

No, this is the bolded in full
in metropolitan areas where their day-to-day function may be picturesque or ceremonial
The description you want to highlight is for metropolitan areas and they even wrote (may be) which indicates that it isn't the same for all metropolitan areas. One thing that is indisputable though, is their use in remote areas.
I still do not understand whatever it is you're trying to say. I quoted what was relevant to my point, how is that so hard to understand or don't you know how "quotations" work?

Anyway, my point--- and bottom line is--- horses are not used as everyday policing vehicles or transport in major western cities. If you insist on that, then I insist you've got no idea what you're talking about.
Re: Obiano Gives Police 100 Horses To "Enhance Security" In Anambra by ISpiksDaTroof: 2:56pm On Dec 06, 2014
Collynzo9:

One thing that is indisputable though, is their use in remote areas.

Remote Areas like where?

Please, give instances in the U.S and U.K since you seem to know these places so well.
Re: Obiano Gives Police 100 Horses To "Enhance Security" In Anambra by FreeGlobe(f): 4:30pm On Dec 06, 2014
ISpiksDaTroof:

Remote Areas like where?

Please, give instances in the U.S and U.K since you seem to know these places so well.
stop arguing nonsense here. The governor bought those horses for crowd control and to enhance security which he stated before now. Besides, the police in the state have not told you they are lacking cars for patrol. The governors action is commendable and its a popular practice elsewhere. He needs to add dogs to the mix. Everyone agrees the governor has done well so he needs to consolidate. If you have less information on something, do not be quick to come and talk trash.

3 Likes

Re: Obiano Gives Police 100 Horses To "Enhance Security" In Anambra by 9inches(m): 5:35pm On Dec 06, 2014
ISpiksDaTroof is here to troll. People, stop giving him attention and he'll be weakened.

2 Likes

Re: Obiano Gives Police 100 Horses To "Enhance Security" In Anambra by ISpiksDaTroof: 3:14am On Dec 07, 2014
FreeGlobe:

stop arguing nonsense here. The governor bought those horses for crowd control and to enhance security which he stated before now. Besides, the police in the state have not told you they are lacking cars for patrol. The governors action is commendable and its a popular practice elsewhere. He needs to add dogs to the mix. Everyone agrees the governor has done well so he needs to consolidate. If you have less information on something, do not be quick to come and talk trash.
Ok, you're right, I agree. But, In 6months I'd really appreciate you telling us how many of those horses are still alive and haven't been eaten or sold. Also, please remember to give us figures of how many crimes were averted or solved due to your fine Arabian Stallions.
Re: Obiano Gives Police 100 Horses To "Enhance Security" In Anambra by ISpiksDaTroof: 3:20am On Dec 07, 2014
If the Governor was smart, instead of buying hungry mares that'll become malnourished and abused in less than 60days, why didn't he provide the police with a command center equipped with fingerprint capture capabilities--- linking up all the police stations and precincts in the state--- so that anyone arrested could be captured in its database so if they are skip court or commit another crime in the state(while under a previous court order) their identities/criminal records within the state could immediately be ascertained once in custody.

That way, criminals know there's no hiding place for them in the State and they would be forced to relocate thereby making his jurisdiction crime free or at least substantially less so.

That's how you stop crime instead of buying worthless horses that are really of no use.

I don't understand why it's so hard for people to use their heads when it comes to the simplest things.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Gbenga Daniel Replies Soyinka: Your Comments Betray Your Repute / Dancing Ladies Thrill Ateke Tom In Rivers State (Photos) / Oshiomhole: Appeal Court Grants Stay Of Execution On Abuja High Court Ruling

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.