Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,112 members, 7,811,129 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:15 AM

Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? (51289 Views)

Jobless Husband Beats Pregnant Wife Over Failure To Remit Monthly Salary / His Wife Earns Four Times His Salary And Someone Must Resign / Marriage With A Member Of Your Family? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by PrettyClare7(f): 8:38pm On Apr 09, 2015
Sophyrocks:

So just because a child brightens a home, you should just bring one into the world not minding if you can cater for that child? Do you know how much you spend to ensure your child is healthy? I want a breakdown on how a man earning 80k with a wife who earns less will manage with a child plus all other expenses in the home without one aspect or other suffering.
dnt forget the world is nt a bed of roses. Trust me if they are prudent and able to set right their priorities they wont suffer
Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by Sanguine77(m): 8:38pm On Apr 09, 2015
Nawa for some people o. Many pple come here and claim to be millionaires. In Nigeria today, lots of families have a combined income of sometimes less than 100k per month with 2-3 children and yet they are good looking, healthy and happy.
Everything comes down to prudent management of resources and adequate planning.

3 Likes

Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by Nobody: 8:39pm On Apr 09, 2015
There's the poor, middle class, and the rich.

With 80k, in the current economy, it's safe to say you'll be starting a poor family.

But hey, at least you'll have a family of your own.

1 Like

Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by Engrpj(m): 8:39pm On Apr 09, 2015
let me use Pidgin ansa u.....Shey u say na HOSTEL una dey abi.. He can make mouth because him dey HOSTEL. I will comment afta una Don graduate live HOSTEL.

4 Likes

Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by joelreg(m): 8:40pm On Apr 09, 2015

I only have a few answers using Ibadan as an example

2 bedroom flat in average area rent per year - Approx N150K per annum
1 pot of soup with chicken/turkey - Approx N1600 and that should last a small family for a few days.
I dont know how much schools or transport cost.

Y u no use lagos as ur case study
If u are working in lag with that salary and making kids, u are gona live below poverty line or same level
Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by InvertedHammer: 8:40pm On Apr 09, 2015
/
A lot of families can survive on N80k/yr in Nigeria or even less.

The biggest problem is that the salaries are not paid consistently.
\

2 Likes

Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by nosike3(m): 8:42pm On Apr 09, 2015
naijaboiy:
So they want to wait till they receive 1million as salary first? undecided
for the first time in history, nigga has got brains!! grin it's a compliment motherlover so you've better chill!! angry grin cool
Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by nangiboemmanue(m): 8:44pm On Apr 09, 2015
if u cnt manage 80000k wit ur family so there 4 u cnt manage 1m grin

1 Like

Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by Kennedykak(f): 8:44pm On Apr 09, 2015
ITbomb:

Exactly, if the wife to be is working, they should marry. I love couples that build their life together from their youthful days than some old man that waited until he built a house and buy car before going for marriage.
Don't blame the old men because the ladies say dey want already made men.
Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by kuuljay(m): 8:44pm On Apr 09, 2015
you can start a family with 80k and that's if you don't have other extended family obligations as Africans and there is hope that your wife is a potential good earner. and if it's a govt job that's a plus cos there is security,increment and time to do other things other than those things mentioned pls don't do it.remember there are others who earn less but still marry but has other forms of getting money,some have rich family members
Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by Nobody: 8:44pm On Apr 09, 2015
thorpido:
Some children are said to open doors.
No freaking way!
Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by Acidosis(m): 8:45pm On Apr 09, 2015
You can marry with N10000 a month.

Marriage is not for the rich ONLY.
Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by Nobody: 8:46pm On Apr 09, 2015
Sophyrocks:

Rent increases almost every year. How much the wife earns is negligible. Transport can be negligible and is according to distance from home to and fro. Food also is negligible and depends on the state/location, if food there is relatively cheap. Other expenses are there o. Clothing, toiletries, Healthcare and emergency expenses. then bring in a child. Ah. sorry i can't be convinced otherwise. Except one person brings up an additional source of income or gets a better paying job.

To enlighten you, I have a staff that collects 27,000 a month with a wife and a kid in ss3.....and the kid is doing okay...

We have to cut our cloths according to the size of our bodies, not everyone is soo opportuned...there are plenty pple in states including Lagos, abj and ph...and still live lives wit tat sort of income

It all depends on ur needs, not ur wants...

4 Likes

Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by uchennn: 8:47pm On Apr 09, 2015
edozie04:
80k? seriously? that money can finish in my hands under 1hour
Nobody wants to know how your budget looks like. Just simply type the two letter word 'NO'

2 Likes

Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by duos: 8:48pm On Apr 09, 2015
Abeg all these Okada riders, barrow pushers.. etc, are they not married? they never pray to remain in that condition forever. once you are not contented and make do with the little you have, u wont do any better, just pray for God to give your better half...Remember how our parents did it their own way and survived..... One With GOD....!

1 Like

Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by moststylish(m): 8:51pm On Apr 09, 2015
are you guys really serious,even with our dead economy 80k is still a big money a month for many families.crowd lives on less.let God bless our hustle thats all

1 Like

Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by DesChyko: 8:53pm On Apr 09, 2015
Cut your coat according to your size.
Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by Nobody: 8:55pm On Apr 09, 2015
To me, what a guy earns doesn't matter. What matters is how he spends it!

The woman should be able to assist her husband to reduce expenses!

And bringing a child to the world doesn't have to do with how much you earn as salary.!

1 Like

Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by austertee01(m): 8:56pm On Apr 09, 2015
edozie04:

Yes Nau... Saw u at Escape, VI last weekend with 2 bottles of vodka... 38k each
Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by Holmes07(m): 8:57pm On Apr 09, 2015
edozie04:
angry
edozie04:
Why do i find it so hard to believe diz lie??

Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by loomer: 9:01pm On Apr 09, 2015
na from clap them take de enter dance
Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by emzosm(m): 9:02pm On Apr 09, 2015
80k is a whole lot of money 2 be expected per month,how much do u think govt job offer as u start?@ least wen u hav such job u need 2 work as save 4 may be 2yrs den plan ur marriage and u r dere.pls guys count 1 befor u count 2,remember d journey a thousand mile begins wit a step.now listen 2 dis...I earn 40k+ and hav been able 2 sponsor myself 2ru d university(unizik) in geography and meteorology,2day call me a geographer/meteorologist I will ans u,got myself a land in Delta state (Asaba)hoping 2 start building on it in 2yrs time after my marriage next year God's willing,let me not trill u wit my succes stories here.lounching my businesses dis summer in Asaba cos I want exxtra income now wenever u come around stop by and patronize me @ any of d CLOUD 9.no good manager goes empty handed.

2 Likes

Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by humilitypays(m): 9:04pm On Apr 09, 2015
One annoying but interesting thing about nairaland is; kids, teens and grown boys/girls just come here to type whatever they feel will increase their reputation and make people rate them high, whereas in reality, it isn't like that.

80% if not 90% of Nigerians are living and raising decent family with less than 80k per month, so what are we talking about here

When will our youths stop these their greed and quest for instant material wealth Every success in life comes with time not instant!!

Most civil servants in Nigeria today earn less than 80k per month after deductions...same with bankers and even those working in big firms you hear about and even wish to be like.

At least the guy earning 80k per month today won't get married as soon as he gets the job...he will have to give himself some time; say 1yr or 2 b4 getting married...and within that period, he should be able to save some money to buy a car, have a backup savings (at least 500k) which can help ease off the financial stress when he gets married.

80k per month isn't a bad income to start up a family...its just that we Nigerians of the 21st century want to start running from the very day our mama gives birth to us, and life doesn't work that way!

To the single ladies, don't be discouraged by the nonsense some people are typing here just to appear posh or big, 80k per month is enough to start a decent family, so don't wait till a guy earning 100k and above comes around to marry u because that guy earning 80k now will sure grow in his career and earn more with time.

The worst is not having something doing...but once a man has something legal and decent doing, and finds an understanding/wise lady who agrees with him, he should get married and pray to God for growth.

To the students reading, pray that you find a job when u graduate because we have more capable hands waiting to work than jobs available...and only very few jobs pay up to 80k per month in Nigeria of today.

Remember, in career growth...you grow as you get more work experience, and u stand higher chance of securing a bigger job when u have a relevant work experience...so to the unemployed graduates, pls don't wait for 100k per month job before u start your career...if you see 40k that will give u the opportunity of getting relevant work xprence, pls take it and start.

I started with something less than 40k a few years back and today, I have advanced beyond that...some of my friends and colleagues started with 30k, 35k, 45k and some are earning 100k, 150k, 200k. 200+ today, just after 2 - 4years of working.

Success comes with patience, positive attitude, faith, consistency and smart work....don't wait to start big, start small and aim high, God, nature and time will take u to where you belong.

Pls don't allow peoples' boastful and bragging comments on nairaland and on any social media platform discourage you from getting started in life; all fingers aren't equal and will never be equal...only time will tell who will be who in life.

Wish you all the best, use your wisdomsmiley

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by Nobody: 9:05pm On Apr 09, 2015
edozie04:
unless you have done potential to make over a million a month. ...you are a fool.

1 Like

Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by emmykk(m): 9:07pm On Apr 09, 2015
Sophyrocks:

Why give birth if you cannt cater for a child? Simple logic!
people marry because they want children,so why would you marry without given birth because you earn 80k.

So how much do you think people earn that you know.?
Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by lasheez(m): 9:10pm On Apr 09, 2015
I read comments saying with an annual rent of 150k.My guy except you are not living in Abuja if not have a rethink becos here in Abuja,the yearly rent is something else and always goes higher each new year.But if you are staying elsewhere apart from may be port Harcourt or some part of Lagos,then it is ok.You should be able to manage your life and family.
Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by emzosm(m): 9:10pm On Apr 09, 2015
Lizabeth25:
To me, what a guy earns doesn't matter. What matters is how he spends it!

The woman should be able to assist her husband to reduce expenses!

And bringing a child to the world doesn't have to do with how much you earn as salary.!
. Liz u don marry?sensible woman here, let dose water mouth boys dat hasn't enter d labour market be talking nonsence[/font][font=Lucida Sans Unicode]
Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by Nobody: 9:12pm On Apr 09, 2015
emmykk:
people marry because they want children,so why would you marry without given birth because you earn 80k.

So how much do you think people earn that you know.?

I still stick to my opinion. No need for back and forth fruitless arguments! Dnt give birth to kids you cnt cater for. simple!
thorpido:
N80k(man)+N60k(wife) is N1.68m per year.
If rent is N150k per year,transport is N16k per month,for both of them(N192k per year).Food if they manage well will be about N70k per mth(N840k per year).
They will spend about N1.3m on their own expenditure.
I didn't see where the OP mentioned the wife earning an additional N60k. So how did 80k become (80+60)k?
@OP, unless your wife is just coming off the bus from the village, or somehow she has millions and wants to be the one supporting you, that amount will never work. Which working city babe will even stoop to have a boyfriend who has no car, does not live in the happening parts of town, and does not follow the latest style trends? Much less a husband?
80k is plenty na cheesy Come to Lagos and see a jobless man with two wives, 6 children and a shed for both wives to sell chewing gum and biscuits. And they live 'fine'

# I think if the OP knows how to manage and his wife is frugal too, no extended family obligations. Just one kid or none till they can earn more, then he should go ahead and get married.

2 Likes

Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by Larriekay: 9:13pm On Apr 09, 2015
humilitypays:
One annoying but interesting thing about nairaland is; kids, teens and grown boys/girls just come here to type whatever they feel will increase their reputation and make people rate them high, whereas in reality, it isn't like that.

80% if not 90% of Nigerians are living and raising decent family with less than 80k per month.

Most civil servants earn less than this...same with bankers and even those working in big firms you hear about.

80k per month isn't a bad income to start up a family...its just that we Nigerians of the 21st century wants to start running from the very day our mama gives birth to us, and life doesn't work that way!

To the single ladies, don't be discourage by the nonsense some people are typing here just to appear posh or big, 80k per month is enough to start a decent family, so don't wait till a guy earning 100k and above comes around because the guy earning 80k now will sure grow in his career and earns more.

To the students reading, pray that you find a job when u graduate because we have more capable hands waiting to work than jobs available...and only very few jobs pay up to 80k per month in Nigeria of today.

Remember, in career...you grow as you get more experience, and u stand higher chance of securing a bigger job when u have a relevant work experience...so to the unemployed graduates, pls don't wait for 100k per month job before u start your career...if you see 40k that will give u the opportunity of getting relevant work xprence, pls take it and start.

I started with something less than 40k a few years back and today, I have advanced beyond that...some of my friends and colleagues started with 30k, 35k, 45k and some are earning 100k, 150k, 200k. 200+ today, just after 2 - 4years of working.

Success comes with patience, positive attitude, faith, consistency and smart work....don't wait to start big, start small and aim high, God, nature and time will take u to where you belong.

Pls don't allow peoples' boastful and bragging comments on nairaland and on any social media platform discourage you from getting started in life; all fingers aren't equal...only time will tell who will be who in life.

Wish you all the best, use your wisdomsmiley
God bless u bro, I got married earning 80k. Now I have a son my earning is now 100k while my wife earns 60k and we are doing just fine.

2 Likes

Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by Bunkunolami16(f): 9:15pm On Apr 09, 2015
My mum has 3 children,earns less than 80k per month,she now has her own house,and we are livin fine

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Unidentified Girl Spotted In Port Harcourt. Who Can Identify Her Please? (Photos / Help!!! Someone Is Molesting This Girl. / Help!!! My Newly Wedded Wife Urinates On Bed Everyday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.