Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,464 members, 7,808,645 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:50 PM

Some Powerful And Heartbreaking Photos From The World. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Some Powerful And Heartbreaking Photos From The World. (151676 Views)

Heartbreaking Story Of A Starving Two-year-old Nigerian Boy / HEARTBREAKING: Lion Eats A Man In Front Of His Family / Who Is The Most Powerful And Respectful Blackman In The World? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Some Powerful And Heartbreaking Photos From The World. by Nobody: 9:40am On Dec 04, 2014
Military Men/Women around the world have sacrificed their Normal life to Protect Us.

1. Deployment.
Cant let go of his son.

2. Deployment.
Four-year-old Paige Bennethum really, really didn't want her daddy to go to Iraq for two years deployment. She didn't want to let go of her dad's hand, even when he stood in line saluting... No one had the heart to separate or break them apart, not even the commander..

3. A Blind 13yrs old boy always dream of becoming a cop, this police officer made it come true by recruiting him into the service and served the Homeland for just One day.

4. Two brothers saying goodbyes to each other twice within few months When one went to serve his fatherland in Iraq. When departing and during the funeral of the brother.

7 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Some Powerful And Heartbreaking Photos From The World. by Ploy(m): 9:46am On Dec 04, 2014
That baby cop got me emotional, I wished someone helped me glimpse my childhood dream.

I have deleted that now, I must move onnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Powerful And Heartbreaking Photos From The World. by Nobody: 9:47am On Dec 04, 2014
5. Dreams of two brothers

6. Fire officers paying last respect to fallen comrade.

7. He sacrificed himself to save his family.

8. A dying 11yrs old boy who donated his organs to save others.

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Some Powerful And Heartbreaking Photos From The World. by YungwizzzyPt7: 9:48am On Dec 04, 2014
I'm not touched...

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Some Powerful And Heartbreaking Photos From The World. by Nobody: 10:01am On Dec 04, 2014
9-11. The Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting occurred on December 14, 2012, in Newtown, Connecticut , when 20-year-old Adam Lanza fatally shot 20 children and 6 adult staff members. Prior to driving to the school, Lanza shot and killed his mother at their Newtown home. As first responders arrived at the scene, Lanza committed suicide by shooting himself in the head. The incident was the deadliest mass shooting at a high school or grade school in US.

12. Father's Love.

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Some Powerful And Heartbreaking Photos From The World. by Nobody: 10:17am On Dec 04, 2014
13. Together forever.

14. 60 years being at each others side.

15. Faith in Humanity: He loved the boy than himself.

16. Faith in Humanity: Drogba.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Some Powerful And Heartbreaking Photos From The World. by Nobody: 10:28am On Dec 04, 2014
17. A man begging for his wife's forgiveness in the divorce courtroom, chicago. (1940).

18. People on the queue with hope of getting job, during depression, (1930).

19. A boy (alive) under rubble of a collapsed building during Haiti disaster.

20. Effect of war, undisclosed location in Africa.

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Some Powerful And Heartbreaking Photos From The World. by Nobody: 10:36am On Dec 04, 2014
21. The moment the second plane Crashed into the second tower of WTC, Newyork. 9/11.

On the morning of 11th September, 2001 affiliated hijackers flew two Boeing 767 Planes into the twin towers of the World Trade Center, Downtown, Manhattan, Newyork.
Beginning with the North Tower with antenna(110 floors) at 8:46 AM, then the the second plane hits the South Tower(100 floors) at 9:03 AM, in a coordinated act of terrorism. After burning for 56 minutes, the South Tower collapsed at 9:59 AM. 29 minutes later, the North Tower collapsed. The attacks on the World Trade Center killed 2,753 people(less than 2hrs).
Lets never forget, In memory of all Victms.

22-23. Some trapped people in the building had no choice but to jump over 90 floors to escape the intense heat and the thick suffocating smoke of the burning building.
Some jumped in ones, some jumped in groups, and some jumped holding each other's hand.

24. The towers collapsing to dust WTC, 9/11 Attack.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Some Powerful And Heartbreaking Photos From The World. by Nobody: 10:49am On Dec 04, 2014
25. He lost his love to cancer.

26. He did not only survived the surgery, but outlived his doctor.

27. A Palestinian girl with a rifle amidst Rebels.

28. Heartless, man attacked wife and daughter with acid.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Some Powerful And Heartbreaking Photos From The World. by Blayze007(m): 10:50am On Dec 04, 2014
deep.....

3 Likes

Re: Some Powerful And Heartbreaking Photos From The World. by Nobody: 10:57am On Dec 04, 2014
29. Dying service Dog.

30. Sacrifice he wrote about.

31. People fleeing for their lives as the towers collapse, Newyork. 9/11 attack.

32. After the collapse, milles away covered with dust. Newyork, 9/11 attack.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Powerful And Heartbreaking Photos From The World. by Nobody: 11:40am On Dec 04, 2014
33. Clara Gantt, 94, wept as she stood before the
flag-draped casket which housed the remains of her husband Army Sgt. 1st Class Joseph E. Gantt who went missing in action for 60 years during the Korean War.

34. Ashley Edens weeps over the coffin of her dead husband that died serving in the Marine as the corpse arrives.

35. A mother in Somalia holds the body of her child who died of hunger. (1992)

36. A German soldier returns home only tofind his family no longer there (1946).

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Some Powerful And Heartbreaking Photos From The World. by Nobody: 11:46am On Dec 04, 2014
37. A permanent shadow of a victim of the Hiroshima atomic bombing lies cast on the ground that speaks of the severityof the tragedy that engulfed Japan (1945)

38. Hungry Russian women kneel before American Relief Administration officials (1922).

39. The execution of Polish men on Bloody Sunday, (1939).

40. Archduke Franz Ferdinand with his wife on the day they were assassinated, an event that helped spark World War I (1914)

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Some Powerful And Heartbreaking Photos From The World. by Nobody: 11:57am On Dec 04, 2014
41. A mother and her children wade across a river to escape US bombing.

42. Kezban Özer (37) finds her five children buried alive after a devastating earthquake. At five o'clock in the morning she and her husband were milking the cows as their children slept. A few minutes later, 147 villages in the region were destroyed by an earthquake of magnitude 7.1 on the Richter scale; 1,336 people died.

43. The body of a one-year-old boy who died of dehydration is prepared for burial at Jalozai refugee camp.

44. A boy holds his dead father's trousers as he squats beside the spot where his father is to be buried, surrounded by soldiers and villagers digging graves for victims of an earthquake in Armenia.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Some Powerful And Heartbreaking Photos From The World. by Nobody: 12:18pm On Dec 04, 2014
45. Lt. Colonel Robert L. Stirm is reunited with his family at airforce bace california after being taken as prisoner for years during the Vietnam war.

46. Classical ballet students at rehearsal in Rwanda's only classical ballet school. This school has given the Kigali community incredible hope as the first post-genocide ballet school.

47. Seeing his bride for the first time.

48. Stone Age lovers discovered in Italy.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Some Powerful And Heartbreaking Photos From The World. by Nobody: 12:47pm On Dec 04, 2014
49. Last Boarding of crew members before the crash of the plane somewhere in West Africa.(2012).

50. The crash site.

51. Victims.

52. Victims.

source:

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Some Powerful And Heartbreaking Photos From The World. by Nobody: 3:04pm On Dec 04, 2014
53. Argentine President Fernandez throws flowers into the waters to pay homage to the fallen soldiers during the Falklands War in Ushuaia,(2012).

54. Riot police and protesters share a cry together [Sofia, Bulgaria, 2013]

55. Protesters in Brazil brings cake to a military commander for his birthday.
Earlier that day, the the commander told the protesters not to fight on his Birthday and they suprised the celebrant. [Brazil, 2013]

54. Protesters share crackers with Colombian riot police [Columbia, 2013]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Powerful And Heartbreaking Photos From The World. by Nobody: 7:11pm On Dec 04, 2014
57. People standing at the windows of the World Trade Center on 9-11. Many jumped rather than burn to death while others chose incineration.

58. Petty Officer Jon T. Tumilson was laid to rest in Rockford, Iowa, where an estimated 1,500 mourners came to pay respects for the fallen Navy SEAL, including his dog Hawkeye. In fact, Hawkeye’s loyalty to his owner at the funeral was visible, creating a heart-wrenching image as he laid down by the casket of his friend during the entire service.

59. Man reflects on his life with his loving wife .

60. Faith in Humanity: A little known town did a little known good deed on 9/11.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Powerful And Heartbreaking Photos From The World. by 2cato: 4:42am On Dec 05, 2014
A lot of people still have faith and hope in humanity which is good for our happiness and advancement in life.
God bless humanity.

4 Likes

Re: Some Powerful And Heartbreaking Photos From The World. by Nobody: 4:55am On Dec 05, 2014
Aww! the victoria lady got me cry saving those little kids from that Manic!

The little girl holding her Daddy's hand not leave her go for the redployment cry, All of these are so sad!

3 Likes

Re: Some Powerful And Heartbreaking Photos From The World. by Nobody: 5:22am On Dec 05, 2014
61. “Over a 1000 pipers died during WWI. These extraordinary men were sitting ducks as they went over the top to pipe their men into battle. Piper Harry Lunan was the last surviving piper and he said: “I just played whatever came in to my head, but I was worried about tripping on the uneven ground, which interrupted my playing. The enemy fire was murderous, the men were falling all around me. I was lucky to survive. Hearing the pipes gave the troops courage.”

62. Having your computer delivered in 1940.

63. Warfare in the night, WWI 1917.

64. Depression era shanties in Central Park, NYC. 1930.

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Some Powerful And Heartbreaking Photos From The World. by Nobody: 5:50am On Dec 05, 2014
65. British troops march past the Great Pyramids in Egypt, 1940.

66. WWII pin up girls.

67. The Russian imperial family in 1913. Five years later, all of them were shot at the hands of the Soviets.

68. Two Soviet infantrymen frozen to death in their foxhole, Finland, 1940 The Soviets had to bring troops from far away to the Finnish front. Some of the soldiers were from the south and hadn’t ever experienced winter conditions like this before, combine that with Finnish patrols destroying the support lines and the hardest winter in a lifetime. The lack of food and supplies was huge, they did lack winter warfare training and gear. The saddest thing about this is that just bycovering that fox hole with some branches and putting snowon top the temperature in the foxhole would have risen to about -3 Celsius. With those heavy coats, the soldiers might even have felt necessity to strip some layers. But that’s whathappens when you send untrained troops to the Front. The Soviets didn’t care too much for their soldiers training.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Some Powerful And Heartbreaking Photos From The World. by Nobody: 6:19am On Dec 05, 2014
69. Yakov Dzhugashvili shot dead by the camp guard. New declassified files show that Dzhugashvili was shot by a guard for refusing to obey orders. While Dzhugashvili was walking around the camp he was ordered back to the barracks under the threat of being shot. Dzhugashvili refused and shouted, “Shoot!” The guard shot him in the head. Either way, this was seen by Stalin as a more honorable death, and Stalin’s attitude towards his son softened slightly.

70. A large crowd of mostly African Americans mourning the death of President Abraham Lincoln in front of the Warren County Courthouse in Vicksburg, Mississippi, April 1865.

71. One of the oldest photos of the Great Sphinx, during excavation from 1880.

72. Jackie Kennedy kisses the casket of JFK in the Capitol rotunda. Nov. 24, 1963

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Some Powerful And Heartbreaking Photos From The World. by Nobody: 8:47am On Dec 05, 2014
73. A cop detained a firefighter after an argument on where to park the fire truck.

74. Wish of a kid.

75. Kid feeding his helpless mother.

76. Faith in Humanity: He barbs for the homeless for just a hug.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Powerful And Heartbreaking Photos From The World. by Nobody: 9:21am On Dec 05, 2014
77. Faith in Humanity: Uruguayan President Jose Mujica “the poorest president in the world” has no presidential plane so he asked the president of Mexico for a ride back to Uruguay.

www.nairaland.com/1805597/worlds-poorest-president

78. Faith in Humanity : Jaba Kankava saves his unconscious opponent’s life duringa match today by pulling his tongue from blocking his airways.

79. Hand of someone who committed suicide by electrocution.

80. The Rock at age 5 posing with Andre the Giant.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Powerful And Heartbreaking Photos From The World. by Nobody: 9:43am On Dec 05, 2014
81. Price of a slave in 1800’s

82. Dubai 1990s and Now.

83. Abraham Lincoln’s top hat, worn the night he was shot at Ford’s Theater.

84. The bullet that killed Lincoln.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Some Powerful And Heartbreaking Photos From The World. by Nobody: 10:06am On Dec 05, 2014
85. Asceticism is a lifestyle characterized by abstinence from various worldly pleasures. This guy welded a metal grid around his neck so he could never lie down again.

86. Blind albino boys in their boarding room at a mission schoolfor the blind in West Bengal, India, 2013.

87. 3 weeks-old newborn with albinism happily sleeping with his cousin in Kinshasa, Congo photo Patricia Willocq.

88. Public bus passengers try to rescue a woman who tried to commit suicide by slitting her wrist with a fruit knife.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Powerful And Heartbreaking Photos From The World. by Nobody: 11:31am On Dec 05, 2014
89. Cyndie pushes her son Derek Madsen, 10, up and down hallways in the UC Davis Medical Center in Sacramento on June 21, 2005, successfully distracting him during the dreaded wait before his bone marrow extraction. Doctors want to determine whether he is eligible for a blood stem cell transplant, his best hope for beating neuroblastoma, a rare childhood cancer, which was diagnosed in November 2004.

90. Cyndie fights her emotions May 10, as she prepares toflush out Derek's catheter with saline solution before hospice nurse Sue Kirkpatrick, left, administers a sedative that will give the 11-year-old a peaceful death. "I know in myheart I've done everything I can," Cyndie says.

91. Cyndie rocks her dying son as the song, "Because We Believe," plays on a cd. She sings along with Andrea Bocelli in a whispery voice. "Once in every life/There comes a time/We walk out all alone/And into the light..." From left, family friends Ashley Berger, Amy Morgan and Kelly Whysong offer comfort as Cyndie tells Derek, "It's OK, baby. I love you, little man. I love you, brave boy. I love you. I love you." Derek died soon after in his mother's arm. May 10, 2006.

92. Cyndie leads Derek's casket to burial with assistance from her sons Anthony Moffe, foreground, Micah Moffe, opposite him, and Vincent Morris, who is not visible, as well as several friends. "I will forever carry your memory in my heartand remind others to give of their time, energy and support to other families like ours," Cyndie says at the funeral. Derek was buried in Mount Vernon Memorial Park in Fair Oaks, California, on May 19, 2006.

1 Like

Re: Some Powerful And Heartbreaking Photos From The World. by Nobody: 12:23pm On Dec 05, 2014
93-94. Last meals requested by prisoners facing death in few minutes.

95. The Infamous Assassination of Mahatma Gandhi - This photo was takenjust before he was shot by the man, Nathuram Godse, touching his feet. January 30, 1948, India.

96. Everybody Who's Every Lived and Died On Earth Vs. People Who Are Alive Today.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Powerful And Heartbreaking Photos From The World. by Nobody: 12:43pm On Dec 05, 2014
97. Marine Isiah Beauchamp surprises hisgirlfriend with a proposal during halftime at a game at their old high school.

98. Queen Elizabeth ll and Prince Phillip together forever.

99. California National Guardsman hanging out the window of a train, kissing his wife good-bye, 1950.

100. Paul Walker next to the Porsche that killed him later in the day, 2013.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Some Powerful And Heartbreaking Photos From The World. by Nobody: 1:58pm On Dec 05, 2014
101. Hani Hanjour and Mace Moqed caught on ATM surveillance camera about a week before 9/11 attack, hijackers.

102. Daughter on Dad's grave stone.

103. Faith in Humanity.

104. Message sent from one of the planes that hit the WTC, 9/11.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Some Powerful And Heartbreaking Photos From The World. by Nobody: 3:36pm On Dec 05, 2014
105. Mercy Kennedy, 9, after her mother was taken to an Ebola ward in Monrovia, Liberia.

106. Today around 5000 refugees pass the Turkish border to Kobane Syria Isis documentary.

107. Sarah Naomi Lokovic, a 31 year old photographer shoots her "Shane and Maggie" series. While living with the couple she witnessed alarming scenesof domestic violence andshared the couple's story with the world. Daughter screaming from the background.

108. Mary Ann Manning faught off cancer for 3-years to fulfill her dream of dancing with her son Ryan at his wedding. Mary Ann passed away just 2days later.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Comandclem Patentees Assembly / How To Check The Status Of Your National Identity Card (NIMC) Online / Today Free Select Sure Matches, Bet9ja Booking Code

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.