Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,067 members, 7,810,994 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:17 PM

To The Married Men: Who Is In The Better Position To Be Your Next Of Kin - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / To The Married Men: Who Is In The Better Position To Be Your Next Of Kin (14278 Views)

As A Husband, Or Wife, Who Will You Make Your Next Of Kin / Why You Should Be Careful In Choosing Your Next Of Kin (Photos) / Rude Awakening: I Am Not My Husband's Next Of Kin And Beneficiary!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: To The Married Men: Who Is In The Better Position To Be Your Next Of Kin by kendrick93(m): 7:43pm On Dec 04, 2014
definitely ur son..
Re: To The Married Men: Who Is In The Better Position To Be Your Next Of Kin by 50calibre(m): 7:43pm On Dec 04, 2014
I've always said this, newly married men shouldn't make the mistake of using their wives as next of kin, it's so ill-advised.

Use your mom or sibling till your wife earns that privilege (at least 10 years) time is a true test of character.

2 Likes

Re: To The Married Men: Who Is In The Better Position To Be Your Next Of Kin by prinzadey(m): 7:43pm On Dec 04, 2014
angry
Re: To The Married Men: Who Is In The Better Position To Be Your Next Of Kin by Nobody: 7:44pm On Dec 04, 2014
This is sensitive. To make your marriage work, you must manipulate your wife, Yes, you heard me right, you must manipulate your wife to believing she owns everything including you. That way, she gives total love and affection, but for Billyonaire, I went a step craftily, of all my 5 companies I give my wife 100,000 shares of 1,000,000 shares so she owns 10% of everything I own. But then, I make my youngest brother my next of kin. Hahahahahaha you see the game ? Now she thinks she owns everything 10%, but actually, she owns 10% of my little brother's assets/liabilities in the event of my demise. Hahahahahahahaha. When the kids start coming, I will ammend my will and my kids own 80%, family 10%, wife 10%. E don do, someone needs to pay for tutorials.

1 Like

Re: To The Married Men: Who Is In The Better Position To Be Your Next Of Kin by amtheone(m): 7:46pm On Dec 04, 2014
I used my wife. For properties we jointly acquired, we used our child.

I don't have strength for unecessary headache.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: To The Married Men: Who Is In The Better Position To Be Your Next Of Kin by Rhukie(f): 7:48pm On Dec 04, 2014
my spouse then my kids when I have one.
Re: To The Married Men: Who Is In The Better Position To Be Your Next Of Kin by Elvis506(m): 7:49pm On Dec 04, 2014
AfricanApple:
most of our naija men are fond of putting their siblings as their next of kin thereby leaving the wife to suffer if he dies before her, not even when she has been very submissive like most of you are obsessed with. they also forgets that they have children that the wife would now be left with the burden of taking care of them alone

why!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
my next of kin would definitely be my wife...

1 Like

Re: To The Married Men: Who Is In The Better Position To Be Your Next Of Kin by 50calibre(m): 7:50pm On Dec 04, 2014
aisha2:
Lets correct the next of kin impression.
Next of kin doesn't automatically mean the person gets to inherit the property.

If the deceased died without a will the spouse can get a letter of administration from the court and based on how they got married legally or traditionally the assets can be shared.

If you married legally all the better but if its only traditionally then you know the customs of your spouses people when it comes to asset sharing and it be shared accordingly.

This is why court marriage is encouraged because some traditions may be unfavorable to widows and some may be unfairly bent to suit some interested parties

Yeah that's right but a next of kin can make life & death decision which is a pretty big thing.

A next of kin is the first person they call.
Re: To The Married Men: Who Is In The Better Position To Be Your Next Of Kin by kings49(m): 7:52pm On Dec 04, 2014
Son
Re: To The Married Men: Who Is In The Better Position To Be Your Next Of Kin by merieam16(f): 7:54pm On Dec 04, 2014
Nelsizzy:
As the acting president of Nairaland. I would like to announce to all space bookers to start preparing their christmas levy. This levy will be used to put together a mind blowing end of the year party. The minimum amount z #500, take note
*in 2face' voice ebami kigbe ole ole...
Re: To The Married Men: Who Is In The Better Position To Be Your Next Of Kin by ocelot2006(m): 7:55pm On Dec 04, 2014
AfricanApple:
most of our naija men are fond of putting their siblings as their next of kin thereby leaving the wife to suffer if he dies before her, not even when she has been very submissive like most of you are obsessed with. they also forgets that they have children that the wife would now be left with the burden of taking care of them alone

You say "most men". Care to backup your claim? I know my father named my mother as his next of kin. I did same with my wife, and so did a number of guys I know.
Re: To The Married Men: Who Is In The Better Position To Be Your Next Of Kin by Nelsizzy(m): 7:57pm On Dec 04, 2014
merieam16:
*in 2face' voice ebami kigbe ole ole...
it z 4 d party nah...
Re: To The Married Men: Who Is In The Better Position To Be Your Next Of Kin by otukpo(f): 7:59pm On Dec 04, 2014
Who cares.

Whoever he thinks would handle his issues better in his absence.

Not necessarily the wife.
Re: To The Married Men: Who Is In The Better Position To Be Your Next Of Kin by Misogynist2014(m): 8:00pm On Dec 04, 2014
AfricanApple:

Sibling. Must be male, gold diggers everywhere.

1 Like

Re: To The Married Men: Who Is In The Better Position To Be Your Next Of Kin by Nobody: 8:00pm On Dec 04, 2014
I guess a mans wife is supposed to be his immediate next of kin, but he who wears shoes knows where it pinches most ,U don't tell a man who is married to an "Agu" (Tiger) not to Mis Do in that aspect .
Most Folks Use their Kids...
Re: To The Married Men: Who Is In The Better Position To Be Your Next Of Kin by rhames(m): 8:01pm On Dec 04, 2014
my wife is my next of kin
Re: To The Married Men: Who Is In The Better Position To Be Your Next Of Kin by 2CatWoman: 8:24pm On Dec 04, 2014
When people marry cos "I'm tired of washing plate/eating outside/washing clothes" or "he's not stingy/he is very rich/he said he will buy me a car" why will they not choose someone else instead of their spouse .
Re: To The Married Men: Who Is In The Better Position To Be Your Next Of Kin by misshoree(f): 8:27pm On Dec 04, 2014
It shld be the wife.

If anything should happen?who do they call first?wife ko ni tongue
Re: To The Married Men: Who Is In The Better Position To Be Your Next Of Kin by AfricanApple(f): 8:31pm On Dec 04, 2014
ocelot2006:

You say "most men". Care to backup your claim? I know my father named my mother as his next of kin. I did same with my wife, and so did a number of guys I know.
I know a couple of people who have gone to radio stations because of issues like this, I have seen some around me who have also suffered the same faith

indeed Nl can be so different from reality, most people here are saying their wives meanwhile the naija people in reality that I know are not doing that. most of them have the notion that when they die, the wife marries another man and maybe spend the money for the new family. imagine!!!
Re: To The Married Men: Who Is In The Better Position To Be Your Next Of Kin by AfricanApple(f): 8:33pm On Dec 04, 2014
Misogynist2014:
Sibling. Must be male, gold diggers everywhere.
why would u marry a gold digger, besides, u are only subjecting your kids to poverty

and who told u your sibling can't be a gold digger
Re: To The Married Men: Who Is In The Better Position To Be Your Next Of Kin by vision2050: 8:38pm On Dec 04, 2014
AfricanApple:

what give you impression that the husband must die first? women should be industrious not parasite.
Re: To The Married Men: Who Is In The Better Position To Be Your Next Of Kin by AfricanApple(f): 8:45pm On Dec 04, 2014
vision2050:
what give you impression that the husband must die first? women should be industrious not parasite.
chei dude, were u dozing when u typed this or did iya basira pour pepper in your eyes? u didn't see the 'If he dies before her' there?

u see what bashing of the opposite sex want to lead to? grin
Re: To The Married Men: Who Is In The Better Position To Be Your Next Of Kin by DesChyko: 8:51pm On Dec 04, 2014
Which most 'Nigerian' men did what??
Please, if this is the outcome of a statistical sampling, I'ld like to know your area of specialization and sample size.
The ones I know alter their 'next of kin' once their marriage have kids, especially a son.
Re: To The Married Men: Who Is In The Better Position To Be Your Next Of Kin by MistadeRegal(m): 9:03pm On Dec 04, 2014
I'm not yet married but my mum is dad's next of kin
Re: To The Married Men: Who Is In The Better Position To Be Your Next Of Kin by stanmorry(m): 9:12pm On Dec 04, 2014
AfricanApple:

Majority of your girls dis days have shown beyond doubt dat they are not trust worthy. That they are only around any man for a selfish reason, trust men naah! Dem no de carry last, we just de swim de ocean wit our two eyes wide open. How can you make a self centered idiot ur next of kin, no way e no go work. My siblings any day anytime.
Re: To The Married Men: Who Is In The Better Position To Be Your Next Of Kin by miqos02(m): 9:22pm On Dec 04, 2014
wife
Re: To The Married Men: Who Is In The Better Position To Be Your Next Of Kin by Hablad47(m): 9:22pm On Dec 04, 2014
I'm really sorry to have aired my opinion even when I'm not a married man. Well, to be factual enough, I think the issue of whom to be the next of kin really depends on you choosing the kind of person whom you think knows how to manipulate things. It could be either wife or siblings. Although, I think in most cases, a male will do just that. For instance, in a situation where I'm to request for a driver's license which I know well I'm going to be dealing with roads, I might have an accident which I have my DL on me at the spot and having made a sister/wife next of kin, she will be called upon which I believe no matter how much you try calming such a person, she still will have the stress upon her and you know they have a very fragile mind which might even worsen the case.
Re: To The Married Men: Who Is In The Better Position To Be Your Next Of Kin by Nobody: 9:31pm On Dec 04, 2014
When I read the comments on the thread, I feel so happy that I grew up in a home where mummy and daddy put each other first in EVERYTHING.

What homes do some kids grow up in? undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: To The Married Men: Who Is In The Better Position To Be Your Next Of Kin by vision2050: 9:36pm On Dec 04, 2014
AfricanApple:
chei dude, were u dozing when u typed this or did iya basira pour pepper in your eyes? u didn't see the 'If he dies before her' there?

u see what bashing of the opposite sex want to lead to? grin
must man die first? Abeg go sleep
Re: To The Married Men: Who Is In The Better Position To Be Your Next Of Kin by wizflower(f): 9:58pm On Dec 04, 2014
Son smileySon
Re: To The Married Men: Who Is In The Better Position To Be Your Next Of Kin by ebosse(m): 10:01pm On Dec 04, 2014
merieam16:
He can use anybody he likes,he gat his money...moral lesson wife should also work hard 4 her money so wen d so called husband dies, she doesnt suffer

Thank u joor..

These are the kinds of thread that make guys scared of marriage.. An ambitious lady wouldn't care about next of kin or properties.. U realize how much this things don't matter when you're independent!!...
Re: To The Married Men: Who Is In The Better Position To Be Your Next Of Kin by AfricanApple(f): 10:12pm On Dec 04, 2014
vision2050:
must man die first? Abeg go sleep
yawns

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

When The Wife Earns And Contribute More To The Union? / 6 Month Old Baby And Pregnant Again. / Marriage Things: I Am So Confused, Please Advice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.