Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,271 members, 7,818,930 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:25 AM

What's The Origin Of Rag Day In Nigerian Tertiary Institutions? - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What's The Origin Of Rag Day In Nigerian Tertiary Institutions? (36881 Views)

Photo Of The Craziest Rag Day Student... / Photo: 'rag Day' As Celebrated In FUT Minna / Niger Delta University Students On Rag Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Origin Of Rag Day In Nigerian Tertiary Institutions? by Divineluv14(f): 9:13am On Dec 05, 2014
it's fun
Re: What's The Origin Of Rag Day In Nigerian Tertiary Institutions? by Nobody: 9:13am On Dec 05, 2014
FG is really trying
Re: What's The Origin Of Rag Day In Nigerian Tertiary Institutions? by naijaboiy: 9:14am On Dec 05, 2014
devigblegble:
These shit is just too gay mtcheeew , rag day my foot
undecided
Re: What's The Origin Of Rag Day In Nigerian Tertiary Institutions? by simplemach(m): 9:14am On Dec 05, 2014
Ok
Re: What's The Origin Of Rag Day In Nigerian Tertiary Institutions? by kwencypresh(f): 9:15am On Dec 05, 2014
dos guys b like gay
Re: What's The Origin Of Rag Day In Nigerian Tertiary Institutions? by Nobody: 9:16am On Dec 05, 2014
Some people see it as fun, I detest the idea.
Re: What's The Origin Of Rag Day In Nigerian Tertiary Institutions? by whinnie(f): 9:16am On Dec 05, 2014
Just for fun

1 Like

Re: What's The Origin Of Rag Day In Nigerian Tertiary Institutions? by adamsjj: 9:17am On Dec 05, 2014
Re: What's The Origin Of Rag Day In Nigerian Tertiary Institutions? by Lilimax(f): 9:17am On Dec 05, 2014
That 1st and 2nd picture from the top though smiley
Re: What's The Origin Of Rag Day In Nigerian Tertiary Institutions? by emmddy: 9:17am On Dec 05, 2014
they are just senior Almajirin.................................

anyway i never did it
Re: What's The Origin Of Rag Day In Nigerian Tertiary Institutions? by ennon92(m): 9:18am On Dec 05, 2014
jejemanito:

FP with that type of english the OP typed in?
Mr sabinus
Re: What's The Origin Of Rag Day In Nigerian Tertiary Institutions? by chibwike(m): 9:19am On Dec 05, 2014
Re: What's The Origin Of Rag Day In Nigerian Tertiary Institutions? by MizMyColi(f): 9:20am On Dec 05, 2014
cheesy
cheesy
cheesy

Lolz
Liver never allow me wear some better female wears, how much more these.
Hian! angry
chibwike:
Miz...are you among them?
Re: What's The Origin Of Rag Day In Nigerian Tertiary Institutions? by chibwike(m): 9:20am On Dec 05, 2014
valdetino:
(Check my head and walk away)..........
Lol
Re: What's The Origin Of Rag Day In Nigerian Tertiary Institutions? by kazmanbanjoko(m): 9:21am On Dec 05, 2014
This guys aint loyal

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What's The Origin Of Rag Day In Nigerian Tertiary Institutions? by Nobody: 9:21am On Dec 05, 2014
Well, i don't know the origin. But i think, its a way of asking the public to support you with your education. Its fun, and it can be entertaining. At least you see some of them and their hilarious costume and you start laughing; It brings joy to some.

1 Like

Re: What's The Origin Of Rag Day In Nigerian Tertiary Institutions? by chibwike(m): 9:22am On Dec 05, 2014
MizMyColi:
cheesy
cheesy
cheesy

Lolz
Liver never allow me wear some better female wears, how much more these.
Hian! angry
Lol...its a lie jor..you re the one at the right side of the first pic...you think i dont knw.

1 Like

Re: What's The Origin Of Rag Day In Nigerian Tertiary Institutions? by iconize(m): 9:23am On Dec 05, 2014
What sort of nonsense is this? undecided

Op, why did you include a picture of Ghanaian faggs? - the first picture. undecided
Re: What's The Origin Of Rag Day In Nigerian Tertiary Institutions? by Truckpusher(m): 9:29am On Dec 05, 2014
All the potential crossgenders are having a field day showcasing their talents. grin
Re: What's The Origin Of Rag Day In Nigerian Tertiary Institutions? by CLOUDGOSSIPS(m): 9:30am On Dec 05, 2014
Re: What's The Origin Of Rag Day In Nigerian Tertiary Institutions? by buccal(m): 9:33am On Dec 05, 2014
Faculty of social madness.department of public insanity
Re: What's The Origin Of Rag Day In Nigerian Tertiary Institutions? by Truckpusher(m): 9:34am On Dec 05, 2014
My rag day was turned to hell by a woman and her Christian overzealous daughter.
I never forgave them.

1 Like

Re: What's The Origin Of Rag Day In Nigerian Tertiary Institutions? by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:34am On Dec 05, 2014
Tinubu:
undecided

Silly Stuff like these are best left abandoned in the garbage heap of history.

That is why I always rep OAU... their students can never be seen doing stuff like this...
Re: What's The Origin Of Rag Day In Nigerian Tertiary Institutions? by Sleekyshuga(f): 9:37am On Dec 05, 2014
I've never ragged lipsrsealed, or experienced it, n I don dey graduate ooo cry... I hear peeps from other tertiary institutions telling me it's fun undecided undecided..

Year 1: Aluu 4 struck, and it was cancelled..

Year 2: ASUU strike, and it was cancelled..

Year 3: Rush 4rm d strike, and presently on IT..

Year 4: Who knows grin grin??

2 Likes

Re: What's The Origin Of Rag Day In Nigerian Tertiary Institutions? by idee91: 9:38am On Dec 05, 2014
A.B.U would not allow dis shit o.... why are they gaying up the rag day grin
Re: What's The Origin Of Rag Day In Nigerian Tertiary Institutions? by Nobody: 9:40am On Dec 05, 2014
imoleay0:

Welcome to the CLUB brother.

wink
Re: What's The Origin Of Rag Day In Nigerian Tertiary Institutions? by Blayze007(m): 9:43am On Dec 05, 2014
Its basically some sorta personal fund raising stuff...tho i never did it sha..
Re: What's The Origin Of Rag Day In Nigerian Tertiary Institutions? by akoaki(m): 9:47am On Dec 05, 2014
I think ragging has lost its purpose, direction and splendour. The students have taken the show to some shameful and irresponsible level especially when boys and men dress like female by faking boobs and butts. Sometimes the rags make some of them appear like those 'lunatics' that were suspected or arrested as ritual kidnappers recently.
Re: What's The Origin Of Rag Day In Nigerian Tertiary Institutions? by AUSVINS(m): 9:55am On Dec 05, 2014
holyboss:
@Op here is the orijin tongue
guy u funny die.perfect answer
Re: What's The Origin Of Rag Day In Nigerian Tertiary Institutions? by busybrain88: 9:57am On Dec 05, 2014
PrinceIkye:
Rag day is a day in some tertiary institutions that students dress like mad people and beg[hostle] for money.

The question is how did this start in Nigeria and what are its advantages?

pix source: http://omoyeni-disu..in/2011/04/that-is-all.html

http://www.otowngist.com/index.php/others/campus-gists/alvan/417-alvan-marks-rag-day-ahead-of-matriculation-day.html
its hustle,not hostle.pls dnt kill d little english I knw.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Oluwamayo Ojumah Makes First-Class From UNILAG After 16 Years In 4 Universities / Free Exam Portal Answer For WAEC,NECO, NABTEB &JAMB / Dr. Bukola Bello: Mum Who Went Back To School After 4 Kids, Graduates With A PhD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.