Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,377 members, 7,812,097 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:08 AM

Why Do Bible Have Different Versions With Different Meanings - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Bible Have Different Versions With Different Meanings (1125 Views)

Dreams And Their Meanings/ Interpretation / Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? / Why Does The Catholic Bible Have More Books Than King James? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Bible Have Different Versions With Different Meanings by profjossy2: 11:42pm On Dec 04, 2014
I do get confused when i read bible, it happens that I read like 4 versions of the Bible and I discovered that each of this have different meanings..... What a Religion!
Re: Why Do Bible Have Different Versions With Different Meanings by profjossy2: 11:51pm On Dec 04, 2014
I want to know why
Re: Why Do Bible Have Different Versions With Different Meanings by Elslim: 11:59pm On Dec 04, 2014
Pastors to da rescue
Re: Why Do Bible Have Different Versions With Different Meanings by teemanbastos(m): 12:13am On Dec 05, 2014
The Aim of satan is to cause divisions in the Body of Christ.
Xo diffrent adulterated versions have come up,but .. As Many as led by the spirit of God are sons of God
Re: Why Do Bible Have Different Versions With Different Meanings by podosci(m): 12:32am On Dec 05, 2014
teemanbastos:
Xo diffrent adulterated versions have come up,but .. As Many as led by the spirit of God are sons of God
lol...typical answer,,,
Re: Why Do Bible Have Different Versions With Different Meanings by Nobody: 12:41am On Dec 05, 2014
Do you know that the devil knows the bible more than you do and can use it to confuse you if you start reading without asking the leading of our great teacher the Holy Spirit?
Re: Why Do Bible Have Different Versions With Different Meanings by johnydon22(m): 12:54am On Dec 05, 2014
Yedo:
Do you know that the devil knows the bible more than you do and can use it to confuse you if you start reading without asking the leading of our great teacher the Holy Spirit?

which version of the bible will the holy spirit use to teach u KJV, NWT, RSV etc.
Re: Why Do Bible Have Different Versions With Different Meanings by johnydon22(m): 12:54am On Dec 05, 2014
teemanbastos:
so which of them is the right one and not satan inspired?
Re: Why Do Bible Have Different Versions With Different Meanings by AlfaSeltzer(m): 1:16am On Dec 05, 2014
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Bible Have Different Versions With Different Meanings by Nobody: 1:29am On Dec 05, 2014
johnydon22:

which version of the bible will the holy spirit use to teach u KJV, NWT, RSV etc.
Whichever version the holy spirit directs me to use He will surely teach me as I read.
Re: Why Do Bible Have Different Versions With Different Meanings by Weah96: 1:48am On Dec 05, 2014
Yedo:
Whichever version the holy spirit directs me to use He will surely teach me as I read.

Which one have you been reading to date?
Re: Why Do Bible Have Different Versions With Different Meanings by Nobody: 1:58am On Dec 05, 2014
Weah96:

Which one have you been reading to date?
NIV, NLT, ERV and The Message, Plus 2 other hausa versions.
Re: Why Do Bible Have Different Versions With Different Meanings by johnydon22(m): 7:27am On Dec 05, 2014
Yedo:
hahahahahahahahahahahaha cheesy.... this is too funny lmao...lwkmd.. habaaaa nawa ooo grin
Re: Why Do Bible Have Different Versions With Different Meanings by adexsimply(m): 7:28am On Dec 05, 2014
ROTFL
Jeez!! People are very funny ehn.
grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Bible Have Different Versions With Different Meanings by teemanbastos(m): 7:32am On Dec 05, 2014
johnydon22:

so which of them is the right one and not satan inspired?
when reading,you'l knw.
Re: Why Do Bible Have Different Versions With Different Meanings by johnydon22(m): 8:28am On Dec 05, 2014
teemanbastos:

when reading,you'l knw.

lol....
Re: Why Do Bible Have Different Versions With Different Meanings by BossTtdiamonds(m): 9:09am On Dec 05, 2014
@OP you're forgettin' one thin', though there are different versions in the bible; they all account the same theory.
For example, the Old Testament was originally written in Hebrew and the New Testament in Greek. If every man could read Hebrew and Greek, then we would have no need for an "English version".
Each translation has its own strengths and weaknesses. The King James Version (KJV) is excellent, but you must use a dictionary as you read because it uses a language typical of the time it was translated (1611).
It is recommend that you purchase a more recent translation. The New American Standard Version (NASV) is believed by many to be one of the most accurate translations and is an excellent study Bible. The American Standard Version (ASV) is also excellent and highy accurate. The New King James Version (NKJV) is high on the recommended list. The New International Version (NIV) tries to make the text as easy to understand as possible and is an excellent reading Bible, but not a good study Bible. The New World Translation (1950, the Jehovah's Witnesses Bible) should be avoided because its is actually corrupt, being a sectarian paraphrase rather than a true translation of the Holy Scriptures.
Although the exact choice of words or sentence structure is different in each translation, the meaning is identical. Take the words of Jesus in Mark 16:16 from three "versions" as an example; NIV: "Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved". KJV: "He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved". NAS: "He who has believed and has been baptized shall be saved" Different words and sentences but the meaning is identical. The view that each translation of the Bible conveys a different message is also incorrect. There is only one Bible message that has been translated into hundreds of different languages.
Re: Why Do Bible Have Different Versions With Different Meanings by AlfaSeltzer(m): 9:12am On Dec 05, 2014
BossTtdiamonds:
@OP you're forgettin' one thin', though there are different versions in the bible; they all account the same theory.
For example, the Old Testament was originally written in Hebrew and the New Testament in Greek. If every man could read Hebrew and Greek, then we would have no need for an "English version".
Each translation has its own strengths and weaknesses. The King James Version (KJV) is excellent, but you must use a dictionary as you read because it uses a language typical of the time it was translated (1611).
It is recommend that you purchase a more recent translation. The New American Standard Version (NASV) is believed by many to be one of the most accurate translations and is an excellent study Bible. The American Standard Version (ASV) is also excellent and highy accurate. The New King James Version (NKJV) is high on the recommended list. The New International Version (NIV) tries to make the text as easy to understand as possible and is an excellent reading Bible, but not a good study Bible. The New World Translation (1950, the Jehovah's Witnesses Bible) should be avoided because its is actually corrupt, being a sectarian paraphrase rather than a true translation of the Holy Scriptures.
Although the exact choice of words or sentence structure is different in each translation, the meaning is identical. Take the words of Jesus in Mark 16:16 from three "versions" as an example; NIV: "Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved". KJV: "He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved". NAS: "He who has believed and has been baptized shall be saved" Different words and sentences but the meaning is identical. The view that each translation of the Bible conveys a different message is also incorrect. There is only one Bible message that has been translated into hundreds of different languages.

The bolded shows you didn't pay attention in grammar school especially about past, present and future tenses.
Re: Why Do Bible Have Different Versions With Different Meanings by BossTtdiamonds(m): 5:02pm On Dec 05, 2014
AlfaSeltzer:

The bolded shows you didn't pay attention in grammar school especially about past, present and future tenses.

You've been talkin' Silly since 1960...
F.uck public School...

(1) (Reply)

OPINION: Mary Is The Mother Of God / Mental freedom in Nisan/Abib. / See What I Saw On A Friend's Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.