Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,518 members, 7,816,257 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:22 AM

PDP Leadership In Scam:ICPC Spot Prince Vincent Ogbulafor - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Leadership In Scam:ICPC Spot Prince Vincent Ogbulafor (780 Views)

We Need Good Leadership In The SE Not Biafra. / PDP Leadership Is Selfish, Greedy, Self-centered, Says Dokpesi / N180M Fraud: Court Frees Ogbulafor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP Leadership In Scam:ICPC Spot Prince Vincent Ogbulafor by brownbonno(m): 7:26pm On Dec 02, 2008
INDEPENDENT CORRUPT PRACTICES AND OTHER RELATED OFFENCES COMMISSION (ICPC)

INTERNAL MEMO

TO: TEAM 3 LEADER

DATE: 16TH MAY, 2008

RE: ICPC/P/NC/2005- MASSIVE FRAUD IN THE NATIONAL ECONOMIC INTELLIGENCE COMMITTEE – UPDATE AND REQUEST FOR DIRECTIVES

The above respectfully refers.

The above matter was handed over to me when Mr. Sanusi Kado left the ICPC to take up employment with the National Industrial Court. As at the time Mr. Kado left there was a request for further investigation on some specific aspects of the petition that would enable prosecution to be initiated.

FACTS
Sometimes in the year 2005, a petition by Chika Nwadibia (the petitioner) against one Emeka Ebilah (the suspect) was sent to the Commission. The petitioner alleged that the suspect used his position as a member/secretary of the National Economic Intelligence Committee (NEIC) that was verifying debts owed local contractors by the Federal Government of Nigeria to include the names of his companies and those of his cronies in the verification exercise. That the suspect along with Prince Vincent Ogbulafor who was the Minister for Special Duties (Economic Affairs) that supervised the NEIC and one Boash, the Director of Budget Implementation at the Federal Ministry of Finance conspired to verify fictitious contracts purportedly executed by companies supplied by the suspect and ensured that the Federal Government paid for these contracts. The petitioner also gave the names of the individuals who were used as fronts to collect the monies on behalf of the companies for the suspects and his co-conspirators.

INVESTIGATION
I would now proceed to give an in depth analysis of the findings of the investigators and my humble submissions as regard individual suspects.

(i) EMEKA EBILAH

The principal suspect in this matter denied all the allegations in the petition at first but later retracted his denial and made a full confession. He admitted that he used 3 companies to verify fictitious contracts in collaboration with the Director Budget Implementation, Federal Ministry of Finance, Mr. Boash and Prince Vincent Ogbulafor and collected payments from the Federal Government totaling N104 million. The suspect also admitted using his position to include names of his companies which had executed contracts for the Federal Government in the verification exercise and ensured that they were paid.

The suspect then proceeded to give a breakdown of what each individual received from the proceeds of the fraud and voluntarily refunded his share which come up to N4million. He gave photocopies of the cheques he used to distribute the money to the other individuals and also his bank statement. All payments were made through Africa International Bank (AIB) Plc Enugu branch cheques. A breakdown of the sharing formula is as follows:

(a) Emeka Ebilah – N4.3million

(b) Prince Vicent Ogbulafor – N28 million through a proxy Mr. Chris Nwoke and a N2 million cheque in this (Ogbulafor’s name).

Ahmed Bassi (P. A. Bassi for short) and my younger brother’s name is Daniel Ahmed Bassi (D.A. Bassi for short). I find it impossible to believe that the BC Bosah in whose name a N10 million cheque was issued by Ebilah is not a relation/nominee of Emmanuel Bosah. I asked the investigators to confront him on this and he denied knowing anyone like that but in my humble opinion, the AIB records would also reveal the identity of BC Bosah. Mr. EC Bosah had supplied documents to prove that he is not BC Bosah but it is too much of a coincidence for a BC Bosah to benefit from the scam he is implicated in and for him not to known the person.

Furthermore, I asked the investigators to conduct a search at the CAC which revealed the identity of the Directors of Emotech. Mr. Emmanuel Okocha who along with his daughter are the Directors of Emotech Nig. Ltd admitted knowing Mr. Emmanuel Chukwurah Bosah (EC BOSAII) and said that EC Bosah had been his customer since the days when EC Bosah was resident in Lagos and that the EC Bosah had approached him with a business proposal for the 2 of them to go into and EC Bosah and brought 2 cheques of a total value of N44 million in his company (Emotech) name for him to clear and that the money was to be used in the business venture. Mr. Okocha paid the money into his company account and paid out various sums into different accounts as directed by EC Bosah. Bosah finally decided that he wasn’t going ahead with the business and asked for the balance of the N44 million to be given back to him. While part of the money was given back in cash. Okocha said the last payment was made through a Zenith Bank Draft. Okocha also provided the account numbers which he had paid various sums into on instructions of Bosah. When the investigators brought the report on Okocha, I commended their efforts at tracing him but I explained that investigation should be conducted on the accounts as provided by Okocha and also the draft he mentioned to provide concrete evidence of the link between EC Bosah and Okocha. The account holders would need to explain their link to EC and that would suffice in court for a conviction in my humble opinion. I have not gotten feedback from the investigators but I believe that this evidence can be used whenever it becomes available and have gone ahead to draft appropriate charges against EC Bosah while using Okocha as a witness. Managers of Okocha’s bank and all other banks listed by Okocha would also be used as witnesses.

HENRY IKOH
Henry Ikoh was the person who appeared before the NEIC committee to verify the fictitious contract purportedly executed by Henchiriko Nig. Ltd. He was alleged to have received a total sum of N7.5million as his share of the scam and he admitted his role and accordingly made refunds to the government. Charges have been drafted against him.

JUDE NWOKORO
Jude Nwokoro was the person who was authorized by Ebilah to receive payment on behalf of one of the companies used in the scam (Henchiriko Nig. Ltd) Jude Nwokoro. He was alleged to have received a total sum of N6.2million and admitted tat in his statement. He also made refunds and charges have been prepared against him.

RECOMMENDATION
While I have framed charges against the 5 suspects, it is my humble opinion that we cannot wait till infinity for AIB situation to be resolved. More charges can be brought against the suspects if we have access to the information required. I must however admit that it might be difficult to present certain financial instruments into evidence in the absence of an official of the AIB. Cheques and bank statements would need to be tendered into evidence at trial. I must here make an observation about the attitude of the CBN and NDIC. The CBN chose not to respond to enquiries about cheques issued by Ebilah (at least to the best of my knowledge) while the NDIC blows hot and cold. The NDIC supplied details of the draft issued by Ebilah to Ogbulafor for N2 million but refused to do so when asked about the other cheques. They kept referring the Commission to either CBN or the Diamond Bank Plc with no results.

I would humbly recommend that these charges against the 5 suspects be filed and the Commission to prevail upon the CBN and NDIC to furnish us with the details sought,  Furthermore, the investigation department should be reminded of the need to forward the result of the investigation carried out on the accounts supplied by Emmanuel Okocha.

Respectfully submitted for further directives please.

http://www.saharareporters.com/ogbulafor_fraud.php
Re: PDP Leadership In Scam:ICPC Spot Prince Vincent Ogbulafor by Muza(m): 7:36pm On Dec 02, 2008
Lets see if this one to will be another family affair
Re: PDP Leadership In Scam:ICPC Spot Prince Vincent Ogbulafor by diggler(m): 7:54pm On Dec 02, 2008
This seems to be an internal memo
There are ways to report news that emanate from such and reproducing it verbatim is not one of them.

Also internal & Confidential sources could be endangered by such action.
If the publication of this compromises the source, Sahara reporters might find it difficult to get inside scoops in future.

Granted, Nigerians need to know the truth but throwing responsible journalism to the winds to achieve that is not d way to go.
If Mr Elendu of sahara reporters gets arrested next time he is in the country, he should know why.

Muza:

Lets see if this one to will be another family affair

Putting my digression aside, these are my thots exactly
Re: PDP Leadership In Scam:ICPC Spot Prince Vincent Ogbulafor by brownbonno(m): 9:10pm On Dec 02, 2008
diggler:

This seems to be an internal memo
There are ways to report news that emanate from such and reproducing it verbatim is not one of them.

Also internal & Confidential sources could be endangered by such action.
If the publication of this compromises the source, Sahara reporters might find it difficult to get inside scoops in future.

Granted, Nigerians need to know the truth but throwing responsible journalism to the winds to achieve that is not d way to go.
If Mr Elendu of sahara reporters gets arrested next time he is in the country, he should know why.

Putting my digression aside, these are my Thoughts exactly

Bear in mind, Saharareporters is a whistleblower.Their mission is not the display of journalistic professional tricks but exposing the social ills in the society.
If the ICPC where actually up to scratch,this memo was issued in May 2008,after six months the issue is not yet in court or in the public domain.That should send an intelligent signal that the allegation will never see the light of the day.
Re: PDP Leadership In Scam:ICPC Spot Prince Vincent Ogbulafor by Muza(m): 9:40pm On Dec 02, 2008
I dey feel those saharareporters guyz! grin
Re: PDP Leadership In Scam:ICPC Spot Prince Vincent Ogbulafor by PastorPLC: 10:09pm On Dec 02, 2008
What is (PDP Chairman) Vincent Ogbulafor's problem in what you posted? What did he do?
Re: PDP Leadership In Scam:ICPC Spot Prince Vincent Ogbulafor by Muza(m): 10:27pm On Dec 02, 2008
Pastor PLC:

What is (PDP Chairman) Vincent Ogbulafor's problem in what you posted? What did he do?

I don't know wat ur prob is,
are you a card carrying member of pdp,
or is it that u cant understand english,
or is it that you have eyez but cant see, or
is it that you are outrightly stupid?
Re: PDP Leadership In Scam:ICPC Spot Prince Vincent Ogbulafor by PastorPLC: 11:01pm On Dec 02, 2008
@Muza,

I know you have become a useless nuisance in this forum.  It's high time they separated foolish almajiris like you who parade their imbecility here.  Your imcility can be likened to those sensless almajiris in the cities of Kano, Jos etc who go about demonstrating what they were taught by the so-called evil genius of your forefathers.  As those stupid almajiris go about killing, though they can't stand any strong fight - the same way you have fooling yourself around in this site due to lack of home training.

Your stinking mother's ass-hole. stupid.  If it is possible, they create another site and push you and Quotasystem, which I believe both of you reason like goats
Re: PDP Leadership In Scam:ICPC Spot Prince Vincent Ogbulafor by Muza(m): 10:39am On Dec 03, 2008
Pastor PLC:

@Muza,

I know you have become a useless nuisance in this forum.  It's high time they separated foolish almajiris like you who parade their imbecility here.  Your imcility can be likened to those sensless almajiris in the cities of Kano, Jos etc who go about demonstrating what they were taught by the so-called evil genius of your forefathers.  As those stupid almajiris go about killing, though they can't stand any strong fight - the same way you have fooling yourself around in this site due to lack of home training.

Your stinking mother's ass-hole. stupid.  If it is possible, they create another site and push you and Quotasystem, which I believe both of you reason like goats

Pastor, grin
i dont expect anything better from you having been given birth to by a prostitute.
Its you prostitute of a mother and drunkered womanizer of a father that their asshole stinks grin.
Oh grin,
I forgot you dont even know you father. grin
Big fool,why cant you stand the fact that we rule you sorry ass,
Re: PDP Leadership In Scam:ICPC Spot Prince Vincent Ogbulafor by Muza(m): 10:45am On Dec 03, 2008
Sorry,now back to where i was b4 i was rudely interrupted by one big fool pastor,

This is the same guy that said his fraudulent party will rule 4 60 yrs.

In a country infested with corruption,may God help the common man like me.

(1) (Reply)

Sultan Visits Prince Charles / Babangida Vs Obasanjo (ii) / Iwu Bye, Bye Yar Adua .Removed Inec Chairman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.