Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,892 members, 7,821,112 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:23 AM

Do I Need To Pay Tithe Form My Gamble Wins? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do I Need To Pay Tithe Form My Gamble Wins? (17518 Views)

Ghana Millionaire Says He Does Not Pay Tithe / Pay Tithe From The Money You Got From Gambleing, Right Or Wrong? / Is It Wrong To Worship In One Church And Pay Tithe In Another Church? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do I Need To Pay Tithe Form My Gamble Wins? by Baddestguyp(m): 2:26pm On Dec 07, 2014
we gamble in almost everything we do in life
Re: Do I Need To Pay Tithe Form My Gamble Wins? by mistayeancah(m): 2:32pm On Dec 07, 2014
Baddestguyp:
we gamble in almost everything we do in life
hmmmmn
Re: Do I Need To Pay Tithe Form My Gamble Wins? by cold(m): 2:41pm On Dec 07, 2014
Chiefpriest1:
No. Though the bible does not explicitly talk about gambling, nevertheless gamblers are driven by the love of money,especially sudden riches which the bible condemns.

Really? Which bible please?

Re: Do I Need To Pay Tithe Form My Gamble Wins? by mistayeancah(m): 2:50pm On Dec 07, 2014
Re: Do I Need To Pay Tithe Form My Gamble Wins? by Idrisenagi: 2:54pm On Dec 07, 2014
its a dirty money, God dont need it. and i will advice you to stop gambling it a heavy sin in Islam and i'm pretty sure christianity preach against it also.
Re: Do I Need To Pay Tithe Form My Gamble Wins? by UniqueGem(m): 3:16pm On Dec 07, 2014
shinaar:

this is gotten from the old testament of the bible which jesus christ has come to change......buh for selfish interests they still observe that.....those commandments are for the israelites in the mosaic law buh no longer needed now....any contribution should be a voluntary one...and not for the purpose of taking care of the pastors....coz the bible said" u recieve free give free".
Point of correction sir. Jesus christ did not come to change the laws of moses(old testament), he only came to modify it. And he did not modify that of tithes. Like in the old testament, Moses said if someone gives u one slap, you should retaliate with 10 slaps but Jesus christ modifif it and said, do not retaliate instead turn the other cheek. BTW: I'm still looking for the sin in gambling becos i also see it as a form of business.
Re: Do I Need To Pay Tithe Form My Gamble Wins? by MeoClark(m): 5:07pm On Dec 07, 2014
[quote author=born2fuckpussy post=28661603]God only wait for thanksgiving and praise, while offering and Tithe goes to the pastors committee and these fund are use for helping less privilege, rendering assistance to war zones area, building and church maintenance and sponsoring evangelism worldwide but some cases aren't like that in Nigeria because unknown % of pastors divert half of this into their pocket for personal use.

Think twice before you leap, evil is evil. Don't pay tithe as a sinner if hell is guarantee, me I will never pay tithe as sinner as everything I'm doing is against the bible,drinking, dancing to club musics,playing gambling and fucking prostitutes, I cannot lose my money and lose the kingdom of God at the same time.

You don't wanna lose either way.but be careful of the things you say.

you have already judged and selected ur fate.
Re: Do I Need To Pay Tithe Form My Gamble Wins? by Nobody: 5:26pm On Dec 07, 2014
born2fuckpussy:
God only wait for thanksgiving and praise, while offering and Tithe goes to the pastors committee and these fund are use for helping less privilege, rendering assistance to war zones area, building and church maintenance and sponsoring evangelism worldwide but some cases aren't like that in Nigeria because unknown % of pastors divert half of this into their pocket for personal use.

Think twice before you leap, evil is evil. Don't pay tithe as a sinner if hell is guarantee, me I will never pay tithe as sinner as everything I'm doing is against the bible,drinking, dancing to club musics,playing gambling and fucking prostitutes, I cannot lose my money and lose the kingdom of God at the same time.
Haha, pascal's wager the naija way grin grin Baba tuale!!!
Re: Do I Need To Pay Tithe Form My Gamble Wins? by ayobase(m): 6:53pm On Dec 07, 2014
born2fuckpussy:
God only wait for thanksgiving and praise, while offering and Tithe goes to the pastors committee and these fund are use for helping less privilege, rendering assistance to war zones area, building and church maintenance and sponsoring evangelism worldwide but some cases aren't like that in Nigeria because unknown % of pastors divert half of this into their pocket for personal use.

God, please help touch this soul. Amen.

2 Likes

Re: Do I Need To Pay Tithe Form My Gamble Wins? by Esperooke(m): 9:09pm On Dec 07, 2014
The questions i have always asked begging for answers about this tithe issue are: 1 If tithe is that important for we the new testament Christian why was it not categorically stated by Jesus Christ in all his teachings? 2 More so, all the apostles in their voluminous teachings never emphasised it except the allusion of Paul the Apostle to Abraham's faithfulness in the Epistle to the Hebrews. If my submission is correct, where does all these hype about tithe for today xtians emanates from? I know many will be quick to point me to the book of Malachi and Leviticus, then what about circumcision and other rites required by those books if we must stick to it as been part of the Bible and what happen to the work of redemption that Jesus Christ came for? My take is, tithe is for the jews of those days. God requires us to give generously and not to do it grudgingly, according to our power, PERIOD! As touching gambling, God forbid His children from gambling, thus he will not accept any proceed therefrom
Re: Do I Need To Pay Tithe Form My Gamble Wins? by claycares: 9:26pm On Dec 07, 2014
Esperooke:
The questions i have always asked begging for answers about this tithe issue are: 1 If tithe is that important for we the new testament Christian why was it not categorically stated by Jesus Christ in all his teachings? 2 More so, all the apostles in their voluminous teachings never emphasised it except the allusion of Paul the Apostle to Abraham's faithfulness in the Epistle to the Hebrews. If my submission is correct, where does all these hype about tithe for today xtians emanates from? I know many will be quick to point me to the book of Malachi and Leviticus, then what about circumcision and other rites required by those books if we must stick to it as been part of the Bible and what happen to the work of redemption that Jesus Christ came for? My take is, tithe is for the jews of those days. God requires us to give generously and not to do it grudgingly, according to our power, PERIOD! As touching gambling, God forbid His children from gambling, thus he will not accept any proceed therefrom
This has always been my thoughts, but my people are so impoverished that they can't even read and comprehended. Even the Jews who brought (note, not pay, brought) their tithes gave them to the Levites, a tribe of the sons of Israel. So in our time today, who are the Levite's? Anybody who woke up and decided to call himself a man of God? Or those who have traced their lineage to one of the sons of Levi?

In Revelations, we were called kings and priests and in Philippians a royal priesthood. If we are all priests, why do we have to pay tights to our fellow priests. That contradicts the bible itself. I'm willing to be tutored on this midst crucial topic only if my tutor will rely on biblical provisions and not the usual claim that the spirit of God revealed to me.

1 Like

Re: Do I Need To Pay Tithe Form My Gamble Wins? by Nobody: 9:29pm On Dec 07, 2014
Gambling = Trickery

if you no believe am na u sabi
Re: Do I Need To Pay Tithe Form My Gamble Wins? by SenatorJames(m): 10:53pm On Dec 07, 2014
MillionDollars:
Most times, I have been made to believe gambling is a sin.

Since it's a sin, do i still need to pay tithe from my winnings, since the bible says we should pay our 10% from our incomes? (State stating the wrongs from the right).

Help 'us' out with your thoughts!
NO! NO!!NO!!!
-Gambling
-Prostitution
-Stealing. etc
Are not to be tithe. Why?

The gift of a sinner is an abomination before God.

Take it or not, i don't ague.
Re: Do I Need To Pay Tithe Form My Gamble Wins? by redsun(m): 11:45am On Dec 08, 2014
I wonder what god makes from the 10 percent an average nigerian politician, civil servant or police pays from the proceeds of inflated contract, kick back or loot?

Yeye people that are perpetually caught up in a vicious circle of ignorance and self destructive greed.
Re: Do I Need To Pay Tithe Form My Gamble Wins? by Nobody: 3:48pm On Dec 09, 2014
Vivly:
Op, Should Armed robbers and prostitutes pay tithes too?
Your reply, Your answer.

Not the same , can an armed robber come out publicly to declare he's an armed robber

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Part 3: Pastor To Atheist: Ask Me Any Question I Will Answer If Safe For Me / Lagos Prostitutes: We Pay Tithes And Offerings To Enhance Our Business / Reason Why Many Will Not Make Heaven

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.