Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,080 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:45 AM

General Buhari Promises To Stabilize Oil Price If He Comes Into Power. - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / General Buhari Promises To Stabilize Oil Price If He Comes Into Power. (40642 Views)

Crude Oil Price Rise After Russia Agrees To OPEC Talk / Oil Price Falls Below Nigeria's new benchmark / The Bricklayer’s Explanation To Oil Price Fall, Naira Devaluation & Everything (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Buhari Promises To Stabilize Oil Price If He Comes Into Power. by Chigold101(m): 3:42pm On Dec 08, 2014
Obiagelli:

What is the essence of being an opec member? What is the job of opec itself? What does members of opec use their influence for?

Too many illiterates in Nigeria. No wonder we are in this bad state.
stop calling Nigerians name and defend ur pay master.
ISIS and even ISIL control many oil field and they sell crude oil very cheap in black market to raise fund to buy weapons.

How will GMB work with Deziani who will for the next one year head OPEC?

Because GMB know little or nothing about democratic governance and the people around him do not even know better, he came on air and was saying things that have no relevance in 21st century.

18 Likes

Re: General Buhari Promises To Stabilize Oil Price If He Comes Into Power. by Chigold101(m): 3:52pm On Dec 08, 2014
Obiagelli:

On his own? That lie wasn't necessary.

True non opec members are producing oil, but if opec cuts supply today, oil prices will rise immediately. Btw buhari said stabilise not increase prices, they are 2 different things.
See how ur brain works... If OPEC cuts supply oil price will increase...
What do u think USA will do? Sit back and watch you? Dont u know that they will increase their production and supply?

How can someone stabiliz what he can monopoliz? There are countris which are none-OPEC and they are producing. Will u stop them from producing?

Again...if opec cut supply what happend to those that uses OPEC oil? They will start rationing oil and probably increase pump price in their different countries?

... U better look for another APC candidate to support and forget GMB...

He has out grown his prime in mainstream politics...

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Buhari Promises To Stabilize Oil Price If He Comes Into Power. by lorddannie: 5:13pm On Dec 08, 2014
Goddex:
[size=13pt]The entire nation can now see the man APC is putting forward as
candidate in this computer age? APC are just greedy for power.

Because the man got 12m northern votes made up of mainly Al-Majiri
they have jettisoned competence because of greed for 12m votes[/size]

Buhari's blind and shipish sycophants are struggling hard to defend the indefensible.

This is the most clueless statement ever made by any presidential aspirant.

The oldie has lost touch with reality. grin grin

3 Likes

Re: General Buhari Promises To Stabilize Oil Price If He Comes Into Power. by Curlieweed: 6:04pm On Dec 08, 2014
Mogidi:
Apart from stabilising oil prices he would make Nigeria the largest economy in the world surpassing America and China grin grin grin
The NMA were probably thinking of Buhari when they suggested all political aspirants undertake psychological evaluation.

There's something not right about the man Buhari, this man is stuck in 1980's view of the world.

The man is stuck in the 7th century, you're talking about 1980's.

10 Likes

Re: General Buhari Promises To Stabilize Oil Price If He Comes Into Power. by Curlieweed: 6:18pm On Dec 08, 2014
Obiagelli:

On his own? That lie wasn't necessary.

True non opec members are producing oil, but if opec cuts supply today, oil prices will rise immediately. Btw buhari said stabilise not increase prices, they are 2 different things.

My Dahomean Sister,

A brotherly advice. You dey try but if you're in a hole, stop digging.

I already stated elsewhere that Bin Buhari is suffering from chronic foot-in-mouth disease. This one na small. If you want to destroy the mumu, just allow him near a microphone. He never even talk about dogs, baboons and blood, people dey holler.

6 Likes

Re: General Buhari Promises To Stabilize Oil Price If He Comes Into Power. by ogb5(m): 6:54pm On Dec 08, 2014
Curlieweed:

My Dahomean Sister,

A brotherly advice. You dey try but if you're in a hole, stop digging.

I already stated elsewhere that Bin Buhari is suffering from chronic foot-in-mouth disease. This one na small. If you want to destroy the mumu, just allow him near a microphone. He never even talk about dogs, baboons and blood, people dey holler.

Lets see how Buhari can win any election without going close to a Mic.

The best way to destroy Buhari is to give him microphone, The man is expert at self destruction. Soon the guy will say Muslims should only vote muslims, and the other quote of blood, baboon and soak...... classic in Boko haram infested country

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Buhari Promises To Stabilize Oil Price If He Comes Into Power. by major466(m): 8:13pm On Dec 08, 2014
I was Startled when I heard this:
Question: How will you manage the Nigerian economy visavis the drop in international oil price?
Buhari: I will stabilise the oil price and run an accountable government.

This is the most clueless answer I have ever heard since I was born.

15 Likes

Re: General Buhari Promises To Stabilize Oil Price If He Comes Into Power. by Doyin2(m): 9:14pm On Dec 26, 2014
major466:
I was Startled when I heard this:
Question: How will you manage the Nigerian economy visavis the drop in international oil price?
Buhari: I will stabilise the oil price and run an accountable government.

This is the most clueless answer I have ever heard since I was born.

You are the clueless one.This is what GMB said:

" I think it is absolutely necessary to make people accountable....we heard about the mismanagement of the oil industry which accounts for 95% of our earnings. Thus we need to stabilise the oil market because other sectors will take time. The immediate plan is to stabilise the oil market and (thus) stop wastages. But without accountability, even if oil sells at over 110 dollar per barrel, it will still mean nothing"

9 Likes

Re: General Buhari Promises To Stabilize Oil Price If He Comes Into Power. by citizenisb: 3:03pm On Dec 31, 2014
When was this interview?
Re: General Buhari Promises To Stabilize Oil Price If He Comes Into Power. by humpito(m): 4:38pm On Dec 31, 2014
Lobatan. So Buhari is really an illiterate. God have mercy.
Re: General Buhari Promises To Stabilize Oil Price If He Comes Into Power. by citizenisb: 4:46pm On Dec 31, 2014
The APC must really be deceitful to bring him up as their joint candidate, wasnt there other options. Even Atiku is more articulate

6 Likes

Re: General Buhari Promises To Stabilize Oil Price If He Comes Into Power. by mrrock: 1:14pm On Jan 10, 2015
I've been researching this forum to know whether the managers are APC supporters or at least leaning towards them. This thread being hidden and not making it to the FP is the proof. If Jonathan made this news it would have graced your front page many times since December.

Take a look Obinoscopy, ishilove, lalasticlala, Mukina2, therealmrstan

Why do you think Nigerians don't have to see this thread and the videos?.

5 Likes

Re: General Buhari Promises To Stabilize Oil Price If He Comes Into Power. by 401kk: 3:19pm On Jan 10, 2015
/lmao
Re: General Buhari Promises To Stabilize Oil Price If He Comes Into Power. by Adminisher: 3:40pm On Jan 10, 2015
There is no need exchanging words trying to explain away an obvious quotation of somebody out of context. If you wont vote for Buhari because of contextual interpretation of a question the don't. He is going to be president and a very good one February, 2015

1 Like

Re: General Buhari Promises To Stabilize Oil Price If He Comes Into Power. by tron23(m): 4:02pm On Jan 10, 2015
As a petroleum engineer, buhari's statement on stabilizing the oil market in 2015 is both ridiculous and naive to say the least.
1) the are many major oil producers in the world eg Canada (oil sands) , arctic region, Norway etc.
Furthermore, at the moment even countries with large reservoirs like Saudi Arabia and Iran can't pull off such a stunt let alone Nigeria that is the 7 th or 8 th largest producer.

Without being biased, this man is out if his depths whenever comes to managing a diverse economy like Nigeria. His ideas are not only outdated and primitive, but out rightly shameful to put it kindly.

I feel disappointed in apc's candidates, an oshiomole and fashola ticket would have blown away pdp to hell and back. Apc is not ready to win this election. Let's put ethnicity aside and use competent people.

I know their supportes will come after me, so I say bring it on.

12 Likes

Re: General Buhari Promises To Stabilize Oil Price If He Comes Into Power. by Adminisher: 4:29pm On Jan 10, 2015
tron23:
As a petroleum engineer, buhari's statement on stabilizing the oil market in 2015 is both ridiculous and naive to say the least.
1) the are many major oil producers in the world eg Canada (oil sands) , arctic region, Norway etc.
Furthermore, at the moment even countries with large reservoirs like Saudi Arabia and Iran can't pull off such a stunt let alone Nigeria that is the 7 th or 8 th largest producer.

Without being biased, this man is out if his depths whenever comes to managing a diverse economy like Nigeria. His ideas are not only outdated and primitive, but out rightly shameful to put it kindly.

I feel disappointed in apc's candidates, an oshiomole and fashola ticket would have blown away pdp to hell and back. Apc is not ready to win this election. Let's put ethnicity aside and use competent people.

I know their supportes will come after me, so I say bring it on.

Buhari is coming on board with Defence and security credentials and Anti corruption credentials.
Also Tested leadership skills which you don't buy in the market.
Good luck Jonathan also does not know anything about modern economics and is even more blank to the complexities of the modern society than Buhari. The problem is that a lot of people dont read wide and are victims of western propaganda.
Buhari was petroleum minister and a key member of OPEC sub committees.

We have been here before after the demise of Abacha, they brought in a near dead farmer from the darkest Gulag to be Head of State and people said he was not relevant to the modern way of doing things. In months the guy was all over the world, attract g investments and linking Nigeria to the international economic system, we had GSM soon after, we privatised gov't enterprises and increased oil reserves.

I have looked very well at Jonathan and quite frankly all I see is a lucky guy out of his depth with leadership, especially the hard decision making that you need to do for progress. I also see some latent inferiority complex, cowardice and out of proportion capacity for avarice and corruption. A child man who wants everything for nothing.

7 Likes

Re: General Buhari Promises To Stabilize Oil Price If He Comes Into Power. by tron23(m): 4:48pm On Jan 10, 2015
To be honest, Jonah is not the best option for us. But when compared to buhari, tah the difference is clear.

How can president Jonathan just be lucky, he gas fixed most roads, our railways, created 9 Fed universities, just to mention a few.
There is freedom of speech, movement and association.

Regarding the insurgency, when buhari came out to support boko haram and say that Jonathan is bombing them via ihejirika I totally write him off. His statements don't show sincerity.
Nigeria has always had security issues since the time of abacha, if most of our past leaders had addressed the insecurity in our nation we won't be here.

Now let me ask you if we had democracy since 1983, can you imagine how our lives would be?
Let's be real, some people supporting buhari can't remember what it meant to live under military dictatorship. Do you think you could express yourself like this during the military era?

For 8yrs obasanjo couldn't fix the railways, couldn't create Fed universities. Yet he had experience, was a former head of state. Now you actually think buhari can represent us.
JFK Kennedy was in his 40's when he sent America to the moon. Cameron and Obama both took office in their 40's, when will our generation lead Nigeria, please tell me.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General Buhari Promises To Stabilize Oil Price If He Comes Into Power. by tron23(m): 5:25pm On Jan 10, 2015
At administer. You say buhari was petroleum minister and member of opec sub committee, please tell me what oil and gas degrees does he have, or was he one of those people that go to opec meeting to make up the numbers.
Please travel outside naija and see the petroleum ministers of other countries and observe their contributions.
The only way people like him can occupy positions is through the back door through coups.
Does he even have o levels or its equivalent, or else why has he not shown us.

1 Like

Re: General Buhari Promises To Stabilize Oil Price If He Comes Into Power. by Adminisher: 5:37pm On Jan 10, 2015
tron23:
At administer. You say buhari was petroleum minister and member of opec sub committee, please tell me what oil and gas degrees does he have, or was he one of those people that go to opec meeting to make up the numbers.
Please travel outside naija and see the petroleum ministers of other countries and observe their contributions.
The only way people like him can occupy positions is through the back door through coups.
Does he even have o levels or its equivalent, or else why has he not shown us.

What degree in oil and gas do you need to be oil minister?. Tam David West was a virologist, Dieziani Maduekwe studied architecture and I worked in the same company with her she was never involved in reserves or economics.
The best oil and gas minister in the world Sheikh Yamani never knew Jack about oil and gas.
There is an OPEC secretariat filled with economists and econometric experts to analyse the market. In any case, oil price does not fluctuate according to complex market forces.
Oil prices are the most manipulated thing in the world.

I have been observing OPEC since the 70s and the man I respect has been Tam David West, Nigeria had a very sophisticated NNPC and Ministry of petroleum resources that could reel out data about reserves and oil sales projections. Now with Jonathan's Presidency that organization is a mess. When Buhari was Petroleum Minster the level of discourse about the oil industry was sophisticated and it is VERY VERY important to actually do your research and check facts before making the assumption that your country is better now than before. Oil price and the politics around it was interesting discussion for 18year olds and 20 year olds not now when it seems mediocrity it the thing. Nigeria does not even know how much it is producing. Let Jonathan tell us if the current oil price crash was known by his government and now that it has happened what new sales strategy does he have, what is HIS government's approach to quotas, how low can Nigeria go...et.c

9 Likes

Re: General Buhari Promises To Stabilize Oil Price If He Comes Into Power. by Adminisher: 5:57pm On Jan 10, 2015
tron23:
To be honest, Jonah is not the best option for us. But when compared to buhari, tah the difference is clear.

How can president Jonathan just be lucky, he gas fixed most roads, our railways, created 9 Fed universities, just to mention a few.
There is freedom of speech, movement and association.

Regarding the insurgency, when buhari came out to support boko haram and say that Jonathan is bombing them via ihejirika I totally write him off. His statements don't show sincerity.
Nigeria has always had security issues since the time of abacha, if most of our past leaders had addressed the insecurity in our nation we won't be here.

Now let me ask you if we had democracy since 1983, can you imagine how our lives would be?
Let's be real, some people supporting buhari can't remember what it meant to live under military dictatorship. Do you think you could express yourself like this during the military era?

For 8yrs obasanjo couldn't fix the railways, couldn't create Fed universities. Yet he had experience, was a former head of state. Now you actually think buhari can represent us.
JFK Kennedy was in his 40's when he sent America to the moon. Cameron and Obama both took office in their 40's, when will our generation lead Nigeria, please tell me.

They are lying to you and it is working g because you all are the Abacha generation kids. What do you mean Jonathan is fixing? Has Nigeria ever stopped fixing?'
People are comparing a well resourced civillian regime with the worst of the military and giving it fake good marks. As a young primary school pupil in the seventies I never for once stopped seeing new construction, New roads, plants, railways, airports and so on... till Babangida and Abacha came in. It was part of school quiz to know which projects were going on and when they would be completed. My major problem with Jonathan is corruption and hoodwinking people triple financed projects with a lot of corruption and almost getting away with it because after all there is something o show.

It is becoming ridiculous what people are doing. Babangida and Abacha destroyed Nigeria and we are just getting out of it but don't compare a civilian regime with those regimes start giving marks that are not deserved.

Has Amaechi not developed PH, has Akpabio not developed Akwa Ibom what about the most difficult of the lot, Lagos?. When you give undeserved praise to a government that made $500bn in oil and gas over 5 years and is delivering basic, shoddy infrastructure then you are encouraging mediocrity.

I had the same anger at Buhari' s PTF during Abacha regime and all the praises heaped on the body that after all.we're giving us what we deserved citizens. Infrastructure is not the business of political administrations, they should run as long term projects independent of whoever is in power. No political party should e allowed to stop a project t that is in the long term plan and frankly no party deserves credit for infrastructure. If Buhari wins in February he is going to be commissioning a lot of projects started in Jonathan's admin most note worthy might be the New Niger Bridge but only a big IDIOT would give him credit.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Buhari Promises To Stabilize Oil Price If He Comes Into Power. by tron23(m): 6:01pm On Jan 10, 2015
With all due respect your points are valid.
Just answer this question, in apc, in pdp, in Nigeria is he the best we can offer. I said earlier on that JFK put America on the moon, Obama provided Obama care, even Jonah fixed our railway.
Why do you people keep insisting on recycling leaders. I repeat it they have gone out of their way to blow up Nigeria just to make Jonathan looked vulnerable and weak. And it makes me feel sad. The reason why I endorse Jonathan is his ability to atleast fix some things despite all these distractions.

Just answer me is buhari the best we can offer?
Why should coup plotters be allowed to govern us?
Am in my 30's when will my generation rule Nigeria. Gowon was in his 30's when he ruled naija. What about you?

8 Likes

Re: General Buhari Promises To Stabilize Oil Price If He Comes Into Power. by tron23(m): 6:07pm On Jan 10, 2015
If you grew up in the 70's that's good. But to me the worse form of democracy is better than the best form of military govt.
And yes there is corruption in Jonah's govt, but just look at apc, Tom ikimi, atiku, audu ogbeh, just to mention a few and you sincerely think they can change Naija? Okay oh!
I grew up in the 80's And it was so sad the way the military destroyed our nation.

You nay ignore all my previous posts, just answer this question
1) would Naija be better off if buhari had not truncated our democracy?
A) yes b) no

I rest my case.

4 Likes

Re: General Buhari Promises To Stabilize Oil Price If He Comes Into Power. by xkris11(m): 6:30pm On Jan 10, 2015
He is incompetent to achieve that....he is too outdated.
Re: General Buhari Promises To Stabilize Oil Price If He Comes Into Power. by mckay06(m): 6:31pm On Jan 10, 2015
Collynzo9:
Among all the clueless diatribe he spewed in his interview with Channels TV, this one caught my attention most.

Part 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsOEmrAV74Y

Part 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gAr77wWNms

Part 3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbi_UtnND2o

Part 4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHfJxtmHyBU

Part 5

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Se5tpOLkUyU

Part 6

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_487PhkxUQ
This man called Buhari must be a magician
Re: General Buhari Promises To Stabilize Oil Price If He Comes Into Power. by Nobody: 6:31pm On Jan 10, 2015
did he say stabilize oil market or internernional oil price
if he meant market, he might just be referring to the downstream sector as no one can stabilize the international crude oil price.

Collynzo9:
Among all the clueless diatribe he spewed in his interview with Channels TV, this one caught my attention most.

Part 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsOEmrAV74Y

Part 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gAr77wWNms

Part 3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbi_UtnND2o

Part 4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHfJxtmHyBU

Part 5

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Se5tpOLkUyU

Part 6

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_487PhkxUQ

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Buhari Promises To Stabilize Oil Price If He Comes Into Power. by datguru: 6:31pm On Jan 10, 2015
I can't help but laugh
Re: General Buhari Promises To Stabilize Oil Price If He Comes Into Power. by ElekeNtioba: 6:34pm On Jan 10, 2015
Desperation is getting d better of him. This man will say anytin to get into Aso Rock. I fear for Nigeria should he MISTAKENLY win. He only, knows his real agenda.

Kai Buhari....cry

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: General Buhari Promises To Stabilize Oil Price If He Comes Into Power. by amsoslim(m): 6:35pm On Jan 10, 2015
If d electorate who is believed to av d veto power to ursher in a new leader to run the affairs of this great country of ours all claim that the two presidential aspirate who are of the strongest and well pronunced political party are clueless in their manifesto on how to lead and remedy us from what the country is going through,am then left to ponder who else got the clue
Re: General Buhari Promises To Stabilize Oil Price If He Comes Into Power. by charleff512(m): 6:35pm On Jan 10, 2015
How Sir?
Policy statement is key.
Because them want deceive us again we can't get a clear manifesto from any of the aspirants instead all they do is campaign of bitterness and calumny.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Buhari Promises To Stabilize Oil Price If He Comes Into Power. by gistmelove(m): 6:36pm On Jan 10, 2015
Ok

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Locking Your Gtb Account / Chibuike Okechukwu Paschal Shows Off The Money He Sprayed On His Boss (photo) / Speculators Get Their Fingers Burnt, Naira Strengthens To N310/$

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.