Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,892 members, 7,821,118 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:27 AM

General Buhari Promises To Stabilize Oil Price If He Comes Into Power. - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / General Buhari Promises To Stabilize Oil Price If He Comes Into Power. (40652 Views)

Crude Oil Price Rise After Russia Agrees To OPEC Talk / Oil Price Falls Below Nigeria's new benchmark / The Bricklayer’s Explanation To Oil Price Fall, Naira Devaluation & Everything (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Buhari Promises To Stabilize Oil Price If He Comes Into Power. by dharamanil(m): 6:55pm On Jan 10, 2015
He might be able to guyz... since he was capable of arranging an international kidnap, maybe he would mastermind terror attack on American shale oil angry grin
Re: General Buhari Promises To Stabilize Oil Price If He Comes Into Power. by eunisam: 6:56pm On Jan 10, 2015
bedtime promises.
Re: General Buhari Promises To Stabilize Oil Price If He Comes Into Power. by Librate(m): 6:56pm On Jan 10, 2015
Lol

3 Likes

Re: General Buhari Promises To Stabilize Oil Price If He Comes Into Power. by Benita4bliss(f): 6:57pm On Jan 10, 2015
Empty promises, all of u guys are d same, u are now promising us heaven on earth, wen u win now, na other song u go sing. u don dey promise us d kind of promise wey man dey promise he new babe on top of bed, after he don do finish he go turn to kingcon.
Re: General Buhari Promises To Stabilize Oil Price If He Comes Into Power. by Mistermamus(m): 6:57pm On Jan 10, 2015
Omfg! So dis is d 1 dat wants to becum presido. apc supporters are really foolish sha kai stabilize oil price i wan faint lol
Re: General Buhari Promises To Stabilize Oil Price If He Comes Into Power. by Orokita(m): 6:58pm On Jan 10, 2015
Comic relief indeed

3 Likes

Re: General Buhari Promises To Stabilize Oil Price If He Comes Into Power. by Ofklaw: 6:58pm On Jan 10, 2015
Hehe

Re: General Buhari Promises To Stabilize Oil Price If He Comes Into Power. by Nobody: 6:59pm On Jan 10, 2015
A vote for Buhari, is a vote to impose illiteracy on Nigeria. Buhari is most popular among illiterates and die-hard APC nematodes.
Re: General Buhari Promises To Stabilize Oil Price If He Comes Into Power. by onayemi1: 6:59pm On Jan 10, 2015
Collynzo9:
I have exclusive pictures of Dr. Goodluck Jonathan while watching that interview.
How I wish he has the gut to tackle Nigeria's many challenges. The pictures is nice but its not what we need now. Nigerians are clamouring for change, purposeful leadership, transparency, accountability and good governance.

2 Likes

Re: General Buhari Promises To Stabilize Oil Price If He Comes Into Power. by starlingbawa(m): 6:59pm On Jan 10, 2015
Now how is he going to go about achieving just that? That's what I'm most interested in.

Politicians and their cheap talks...
Re: General Buhari Promises To Stabilize Oil Price If He Comes Into Power. by Reptyle(m): 7:00pm On Jan 10, 2015
A thread from December is resurrected and put on front page?

Hmmmm!!!

Derisgodooooo!!!

1 Like

Re: General Buhari Promises To Stabilize Oil Price If He Comes Into Power. by Chibabi(m): 7:01pm On Jan 10, 2015
Now trending......#i will stabilize the oil price..........Sai FailBuhari 2015
Re: General Buhari Promises To Stabilize Oil Price If He Comes Into Power. by nduchucks: 7:02pm On Jan 10, 2015
Justcash:
Funny how people expect miracles from former leaders that had absolute power but could not muster even a microcosmic development for Nigeria. The same clueless goons that decapitated Nigeria are being expected to save the same nation.

If Buhari couldn't do anything better than witch hunt with absolute power, how can he perform better with shared authority? It is simple maths.

Lets assume that your statement above is correct. Wouldn't you agree with me that what GEJ has given us in the past 6 years are completely inadequate?

1 Like

Re: General Buhari Promises To Stabilize Oil Price If He Comes Into Power. by Nobody: 7:02pm On Jan 10, 2015
Adminisher:

Buhari is coming on board with Defence and security credentials and Anti corruption credentials.
Also Tested leadership skills which you don't buy in the market.
Good luck Jonathan also does not know anything about modern economics and is even more blank to the complexities of the modern society than Buhari. The problem is that a lot of people dont read wide and are victims of western propaganda.
Buhari was petroleum minister and a key member of OPEC sub committees.
We have been here before after the demise of Abacha, they brought in a near dead farmer from the darkest Gulag to be Head of State and people said he was not relevant to the modern way of doing things. In months the guy was all over the world, attract g investments and linking Nigeria to the international economic system, we had GSM soon after, we privatised gov't enterprises and increased oil reserves.
I have looked very well at Jonathan and quite frankly all I see is a lucky guy out of his depth with leadership, especially the hard decision making that you need to do for progress. I also see some latent inferiority complex, cowardice and out of proportion capacity for avarice and corruption. A child man who wants everything for nothing.

1. Buhari’s credentials are worthless in this democratic dispensation. This is not 1983, the world has changed so much since Buhari left. Ford Motors will not hire henry ford today because he’s ideas would be deemed too backward for the company. Same can be said about Buhari, his ideas are too backward.
2. Goodluck knows better than Buhari going by what I just watched Buhari say on the videos posted.
3. I can swear that Buhari cannot name the oil products that make up the OPEC basket. Being a petroleum minister once doesn’t mean squat. He’s still ignorant as hell

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Buhari Promises To Stabilize Oil Price If He Comes Into Power. by Brahms(m): 7:02pm On Jan 10, 2015
Why is this on FP?? An Old Thread!!

Contunu!! grin grin

No Going Back!!

1 Like

Re: General Buhari Promises To Stabilize Oil Price If He Comes Into Power. by chinedujazzy(m): 7:05pm On Jan 10, 2015
Now all the reasonable young men and women will knw who the cap really fits,not jst yelling and screaming for an old brain...I prefer to b ruled by an educated Gentleman,than an undeducated old man...GEJ till buhari returns to school
Re: General Buhari Promises To Stabilize Oil Price If He Comes Into Power. by doctokwus: 7:05pm On Jan 10, 2015
Am even surprised some people now want to use it to ridicule buhari.
What was d essence of establishing OPEC. It was to stabilize and guarantee a stable market for members.
Yes on d surface it doesn't seem possible partly also due to d fact that some members overshoot their quota and thus saturate d mkt. So what if GMB can ensure OPEC's members strictly stick to their quotas(for eg in times like these OPEC has been known to reduce quotas across board,thus creating artificial scarcity).I think its these angle GMB is looking at it.It may not b entirely possible,but with better representation and leadership,things may not b this bad.
Re: General Buhari Promises To Stabilize Oil Price If He Comes Into Power. by brehmann(m): 7:06pm On Jan 10, 2015
The type of change some daft Nigerians are yearning for! Clueless bunch. This Aboki will never be my President!

Re: General Buhari Promises To Stabilize Oil Price If He Comes Into Power. by Okaka27(m): 7:07pm On Jan 10, 2015
okay lets put it dis way....

"i will stabilize d price of oil"

and

"stealing is nt corruption"

whc statement is more foolish?? grin grin

1 Like

Re: General Buhari Promises To Stabilize Oil Price If He Comes Into Power. by Humphreydis(m): 7:07pm On Jan 10, 2015
Aboki shut up there!...r u d Opec chairman?.....go school u no gree.....mtcheew....story for d gods!!!
Re: General Buhari Promises To Stabilize Oil Price If He Comes Into Power. by Nobody: 7:08pm On Jan 10, 2015
Brahms:
Why is this on FP?? An Old Thread!!

Contunu!! grin grin

No Going Back!!
Obinoscopy moved it to FP. A similar thread with different headline was on FP last month.

No going back Obinoscopy! If you like push all anti-Buhari threads to front page. Una plan don fail. grin

Incase I don't post any longer,know that I have been banned by Obinoscopy.
Re: General Buhari Promises To Stabilize Oil Price If He Comes Into Power. by daclint(m): 7:09pm On Jan 10, 2015
Nawao

Re: General Buhari Promises To Stabilize Oil Price If He Comes Into Power. by Orikinla(m): 7:09pm On Jan 10, 2015
[size=28pt]EVERY MEMBER OF OPEC CAN INFLUENCE THE PRICE OF OIL AND WHAT GMB MEANT IS NOT OUT OF SYNC WITH WHAT OPEC CAN DO.

IDI-OTS ARE JUST MISINTERPRETING IT OUT OF CONTEXT SINCE YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND ENGLISH. [/size]
Re: General Buhari Promises To Stabilize Oil Price If He Comes Into Power. by todayguest(m): 7:09pm On Jan 10, 2015
brownlord2:

It seems the man is only coming for revenge, zero economic planning nothing, absolutely nothing.

Efcc should swing into action for defrauding poor Nigerians with one sham buhari campaign fund raising, how can someone like this want to rule a nation like Nigeria? The world will simply be laughing at us
Our friends, Ghana and South Africa will take us to the cleaners.
Re: General Buhari Promises To Stabilize Oil Price If He Comes Into Power. by Nobody: 7:10pm On Jan 10, 2015
im dissapointed in dis man.
Re: General Buhari Promises To Stabilize Oil Price If He Comes Into Power. by M4gunners: 7:11pm On Jan 10, 2015
He is the true definition of clueless . Imagine as if oil is only fixed in Nigeria.
Re: General Buhari Promises To Stabilize Oil Price If He Comes Into Power. by Larow(m): 7:11pm On Jan 10, 2015
Buhari is our man! He might be a weak Abo.ki but he has supported himself with one of naija's best brains as his vice! Isn't dat preferred to d combination of two I.di.ots who knows nothing. Gej + sambochukwu=brainless

1 Like

Re: General Buhari Promises To Stabilize Oil Price If He Comes Into Power. by Obinoscopy(m): 7:12pm On Jan 10, 2015
berem:

What's the difference between the two? angry

https://www.nairaland.com/2033635/buhari-live-channels-tv
One was a live thread while the other was a thread concerning a single issue those arose from Buhari's comments on that interview.
Re: General Buhari Promises To Stabilize Oil Price If He Comes Into Power. by Ahmeduana(m): 7:12pm On Jan 10, 2015
Obiagelli:

What is the essence of being an opec member? What is the job of opec itself? What does members of opec use their influence for?

Too many illiterates in Nigeria. No wonder we are in this bad state.
eyan oni de enu onibaje ko ma ri wi>A DISTRUSTIVE PERSON WILL NEVER OPEN HER WITHOUT SPITTING RUBBISH,MADAM I BEG PACK MAKE YOU GO SIT DOWN FOR ONE CORNER, YOU NO KNOW SAY o.p.e.c NO BE ISSUE OF ONE MAN ARMY.
Re: General Buhari Promises To Stabilize Oil Price If He Comes Into Power. by vislabraye(m): 7:12pm On Jan 10, 2015
Smh.. And you guys call GEJ clueless. I wonder what Amaechi, Tinubu and Atiku will be saying in their closet grin.
Its a pity that the best people Nigeria can produce are GEJ and Buhari. APC wont go for someone like Fashola or Pat Utomi.

1 Like

Re: General Buhari Promises To Stabilize Oil Price If He Comes Into Power. by Nobody: 7:13pm On Jan 10, 2015
Adminisher:

They are lying to you and it is working g because you all are the Abacha generation kids. What do you mean Jonathan is fixing? Has Nigeria ever stopped fixing?'
People are comparing a well resourced civillian regime with the worst of the military and giving it fake good marks. As a young primary school pupil in the seventies I never for once stopped seeing new construction, New roads, plants, railways, airports and so on... till Babangida and Abacha came in. It was part of school quiz to know which projects were going on and when they would be completed. My major problem with Jonathan is corruption and hoodwinking people triple financed projects with a lot of corruption and almost getting away with it because after all there is something o show.

It is becoming ridiculous what people are doing. Babangida and Abacha destroyed Nigeria and we are just getting out of it but don't compare a civilian regime with those regimes start giving marks that are not deserved.

Has Amaechi not developed PH, has Akpabio not developed Akwa Ibom what about the most difficult of the lot, Lagos?. When you give undeserved praise to a government that made $500bn in oil and gas over 5 years and is delivering basic, shoddy infrastructure then you are encouraging mediocrity.

I had the same anger at Buhari' s PTF during Abacha regime and all the praises heaped on the body that after all.we're giving us what we deserved citizens. Infrastructure is not the business of political administrations, they should run as long term projects independent of whoever is in power. No political party should e allowed to stop a project t that is in the long term plan and frankly no party deserves credit for infrastructure. If Buhari wins in February he is going to be commissioning a lot of projects started in Jonathan's admin most note worthy might be the New Niger Bridge but only a big IDIOT would give him credit.

Correction. Buhari, Babangida and Abacha destroyed Nigeria. Buhari terminated a democracy and took us ten years back with his utopian policies.

Another correction. Nigeria did not up to five hundred billion dollars over the past five years.

Another Correction> But Buhari stopped a project that was being developed by civilian administration he terminated. Hypocrisy much?
Re: General Buhari Promises To Stabilize Oil Price If He Comes Into Power. by ABJ4Real(m): 7:13pm On Jan 10, 2015
In the present situation PDP has brought us, ANYBODY except the visionless GEJ can bring the desirable change we yearn for. Are you better now than you were six years ago? In PDP, the wolves rule. When voters demand change, they are willing to overlook many foibles of the change candidate. Now we need change!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Locking Your Gtb Account / Elijah Oyefeso Now A Stock Trader, Earns £30,000 On A Bad Month (pics) / List Of All Opay Offices In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.