Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,921 members, 7,952,705 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 09:53 PM

PDP Gubernatorial Primaries Results - Politics (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Gubernatorial Primaries Results (95287 Views)

APC Cancels Bayelsa Governorship Primaries Results / Lagos PDP Gubernatorial Primaries - Live Updates! / APC,PDP National Assembly primaries results (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PDP Gubernatorial Primaries Results by Nobody: 8:43pm On Dec 09, 2014
Ikonz:

Are you from Imo?
Nope
Re: PDP Gubernatorial Primaries Results by Ikonz(m): 10:13pm On Dec 09, 2014
CFCfan:

Nope

Truth be told, Guber candidates from Orlu Senatorial Zone have always in the past bouyed more due to their edge (population wise) over other candidates from Owerri & Okigwe Zones.

Imo has 27 LGA's total, 12 out of it is from Orlu, leaving Okigwe & Owerri with a paltry 6 & 9 LGA's respectively. Although more population are likely to be found within Owerri Municipal, but we all know that it is made up of Indigenes from Orlu, Okigwe, Owerri & from other states.

Ihedioha : PDP : Owerri zone : 9 LGA's
Iheanacho : APGA : Owerri zone : " "
Rochas : APC : Orlu zone : 12 LGA's
Ohakim & Ararume: PDP (failed): Okigwe: 6 LGA's

Lets do some real analysis.

OWERRI
An average Owerri indigene wants & demands that the guber seat be given to them. But unfortunately I must say, the emergence of Iheanacho as APGA Guber flagbearer, & again, the recent winning of Ihedioha in PDP Polls (both of the same Owerri zone), cast lot of contradictory darts in the calculation of political gladiators in Owerri as a zone, & again, PDP & APGA as a party. For those who do not know, Owerri zone has nine Local Government Areas, with a sharing formula between the core Owerri with 6 LGAs and Mbaise that has only three LGAs but with a thick population. It is also based on this mutual understanding, that Imo governor in 2015 which necessity and circumstances zoned to Owerri tilts towards Mbaise since core Owerri through Chief Evan Enwerem governed the state in the Third Republic.

ORLU
Ordinarily, Orlu wld want their son to complete his 2nd tenure, no two words about it. Moreover Rochas has lots of on-going projects in Imo & Orlu in particular, yet-to-be completed. No other guber contestant is from Orlu. Therefore an average Orlu vote wll likely find its way into their son's favour, with a fraction of it going to the opposition party. And again, Orlu has 12 LGA's....yes 12.

OKIGWE
Peherps its a case of an unopened milk gone sour, but I must acknowledge that presently most Okigwe people are aggrieved & angry, largely due to the botched tenure of their son - Ikedi Ohakim & his subsequent inability to retain his seat for 2nd tenure. Now, they are comparatively lesser (population-wise), and their votes are used as a plan b alternative, as a counter mop up, and as supplement to the fierce battle of votes between Orlu & Owerri.

DEDUCTION
The battle line has been drawn, but the boundaries have been prejudiced.
Re: PDP Gubernatorial Primaries Results by PenSniper: 11:28pm On Dec 09, 2014
kokoA:
olodo rabata!

Oju eja lo mo o je
Re: PDP Gubernatorial Primaries Results by McStoic(m): 11:44pm On Dec 09, 2014
Ikonz:

Truth be told, Guber candidates from Orlu Senatorial Zone have always in the past bouyed more due to their edge (population wise) over other candidates from Owerri & Okigwe Zones.

Imo has 27 LGA's total, 12 out of it is from Orlu, leaving Okigwe & Owerri with a paltry 6 & 9 LGA's respectively. Although more population are likely to be found within Owerri Municipal, but we all know that it is made up of Indigenes from Orlu, Okigwe, Owerri & from other states.

Ihedioha : PDP : Owerri zone : 9 LGA's
Iheanacho : APGA : Owerri zone : " "
Rochas : APC : Orlu zone : 12 LGA's
Ohakim & Ararume: PDP (failed): Okigwe: 6 LGA's

Lets do some real analysis.

OWERRI
An average Owerri indigene wants & demands that the guber seat be given to them. But unfortunately I must say, the emergence of Iheanacho as APGA Guber flagbearer, & again, the recent winning of Ihedioha in PDP Polls (both of the same Owerri zone), cast lot of contradictory darts in the calculation of political gladiators in Owerri as a zone, & again, PDP & APGA as a party. For those who do not know, Owerri zone has nine Local Government Areas, with a sharing formula between the core Owerri with 6 LGAs and Mbaise that has only three LGAs but with a thick population. It is also based on this mutual understanding, that Imo governor in 2015 which necessity and circumstances zoned to Owerri tilts towards Mbaise since core Owerri through Chief Evan Enwerem governed the state in the Third Republic.

ORLU
Ordinarily, Orlu wld want their son to complete his 2nd tenure, no two words about it. Moreover Rochas has lots of on-going projects in Imo & Orlu in particular, yet-to-be completed. No other guber contestant is from Orlu. Therefore an average Orlu vote wll likely find its way into their son's favour, with a fraction of it going to the opposition party. And again, Orlu has 12 LGA's....yes 12.

OKIGWE
Peherps its a case of an unopened milk gone sour, but I must acknowledge that presently most Okigwe people are aggrieved & angry, largely due to the botched tenure of their son - Ikedi Ohakim & his subsequent inability to retain his seat for 2nd tenure. Now, they are comparatively lesser (population-wise), and their votes are used as a plan b alternative, as a counter mop up, and as supplement to the fierce battle of votes between Orlu & Owerri.

DEDUCTION
The battle line has been drawn, but the boundaries have been prejudiced.
All these are mere analysis. Paper talk at it's best! I agree with you on the number of L.Gs in each zone. If I may ask, where you in Imo state during the 2011 elections? Have you been following the recent political climate of the state? The way things are in Imo state is not how they have always been if you will agree with me.

The Evan Enwerem you are talking about, have you forgotten how his tenure fared? Would you call honestly equate that to having governed Imo state? Everyone knows that Owerri zone has been most disadvantaged. From 1999 till date, Orlu zone has produced the governor 3 good times! Okigwe zone has produced just once being Ohakim. It may interest you to know that Owerri zone which you claim has only 9 LGs has so much if not the most population: Aboh, Ezinihitte and Ahiazu Mbaise respectively has so much population that they can produce another state entirely. Ngor Okpala are also another force to reckon with. Now, Mbaitoli is another populous LGA. The 9 towns of Mbaitoli is a serious battle ground not to be neglected. It may interest you that one of the reasons Mbaitoli LGA have the leader of Imo state traditional rulers is because of what they did for Rochas during the last election; that's were he produced the highest vote. Mbieri alone sef is more populous than some 2 LGAs put together.

From what happened in 2011, coupled with how sensitized people are now, Imo state is gradually moving away from electing their governors based on sentiment. Granted, the privilege of having one's LGA produce the sitting governor is appreciated but, that's not a given anymore. I know some folks from Mbano who are still reeling from the charade Ohakim oversaw during his tenure. The animosity stems from what he didn't do than what he did. It may interest you that so many of them voted him out of office. His vote even in his domain was well tampered with.

Orlu zone are the people who have produced the most governors since the present democratic dispensation but they have not made it count in their zone all these years. The development of the zone since 1999 is a far cry from where it ought to be development-wise. Believe you me, Rochas will have a hard time getting a landslide victory from Orlu zone. Status quo has changed if it may interest you. The major thing Rochas has going for him is power of incumbency. As for Ihedioha, Chris Anyanwu or even Ararume could pull more weight than him if you ask me.

Of a truth, Owerri zone have not been wise in the scheme of things. Look how short Enwerem's tenure was. Martin Agbaso has been selling the zone's birthright and his decamping to PDP simply killed what was left of his political relevance in the zone and Imo state as a whole. Some people call him a political prostitute and I find it hard to doubt them. Anumudu won the primaries in 2003 but was schemed out to contain Udenwa. Owerri zone for all her size have been regularly short changed. The way things are, Iheanacho may even defeat Ihedioha in his own LG.

The way I see this forth coming election, the next governor will be elected based more on antecedents, popularity etc than the irrelevant matter of zoning. Unless rigging is used, this promises to be one hell of a showdown. PDP should have produced a tougher candidate who can effectively square up to the incumbent governor. If the kind of election we witnessed in 2011 should repeat itself, it will simply go down to who did their home work well, has most popularity among Imolites. These counts more these days than all that zoning talk (not that it doesn't have some trappings anyway). People just want who the cap fits now to wear it! Watch out for the campaigns.
Re: PDP Gubernatorial Primaries Results by sirlop(m): 6:50am On Dec 10, 2014
McStoic:
All these are mere analysis. Paper talk at it's best! I agree with you on the number of L.Gs in each zone. If I may ask, where you in Imo state during the 2011 elections? Have you been following the recent political climate of the state? The way things are in Imo state is not how they have always been if you will agree with me.

The Evan Enwerem you are talking about, have you forgotten how his tenure fared? Would you call honestly equate that to having governed Imo state? Everyone knows that Owerri zone has been most disadvantaged. From 1999 till date, Orlu zone has produced the governor 3 good times! Okigwe zone has produced just once being Ohakim. It may interest you to know that Owerri zone which you claim has only 9 LGs has so much if not the most population: Aboh, Ezinihitte and Ahiazu Mbaise respectively has so much population that they can produce another state entirely. Ngor Okpala are also another force to reckon with. Now, Mbaitoli is another populous LGA. The 9 towns of Mbaitoli is a serious battle ground not to be neglected. It may interest you that one of the reasons Mbaitoli LGA have the leader of Imo state traditional rulers is because of what they did for Rochas during the last election; that's were he produced the highest vote. Mbieri alone sef is more populous than some 2 LGAs put together.

From what happened in 2011, coupled with how sensitized people are now, Imo state is gradually moving away from electing their governors based on sentiment. Granted, the privilege of having one's LGA produce the sitting governor is appreciated but, that's not a given anymore. I know some folks from Mbano who are still reeling from the charade Ohakim oversaw during his tenure. The animosity stems from what he didn't do than what he did. It may interest you that so many of them voted him out of office. His vote even in his domain was well tampered with.

Orlu zone are the people who have produced the most governors since the present democratic dispensation but they have not made it count in their zone all these years. The development of the zone since 1999 is a far cry from where it ought to be development-wise. Believe you me, Rochas will have a hard time getting a landslide victory from Orlu zone. Status quo has changed if it may interest you. The major thing Rochas has going for him is power of incumbency. As for Ihedioha, Chris Anyanwu or even Ararume could pull more weight than him if you ask me.

Of a truth, Owerri zone have not been wise in the scheme of things. Look how short Enwerem's tenure was. Martin Agbaso has been selling the zone's birthright and his decamping to PDP simply killed what was left of his political relevance in the zone and Imo state as a whole. Some people call him a political prostitute and I find it hard to doubt them. Anumudu won the primaries in 2003 but was schemed out to contain Udenwa. Owerri zone for all her size have been regularly short changed. The way things are, Iheanacho may even defeat Ihedioha in his own LG.

The way I see this forth coming election, the next governor will be elected based more on antecedents, popularity etc than the irrelevant matter of zoning. Unless rigging is used, this promises to be one hell of a showdown. PDP should have produced a tougher candidate who can effectively square up to the incumbent governor. If the kind of election we witnessed in 2011 should repeat itself, it will simply go down to who did their home work well, has most popularity among Imolites. These counts more these days than all that zoning talk (not that it doesn't have some trappings anyway). People just want who the cap fits now to wear it! Watch out for the campaigns.
Ihedioha is the toughest candidate. He is a go getter and he doesnt make noise. Am optimistic he will sail through.
Re: PDP Gubernatorial Primaries Results by McStoic(m): 11:21am On Dec 10, 2014
sirlop:

Ihedioha is the toughest candidate. He is a go getter and he doesnt make noise. Am optimistic he will sail through.
Hehehehehe...... Ok na.
Re: PDP Gubernatorial Primaries Results by millionaireman: 9:25pm On Dec 10, 2014
McStoic:

Orlu zone are the people who have produced the most governors since the present democratic dispensation but they have not made it count in their zone all these years. The development of the zone since 1999 is a far cry from where it ought to be development-wise. .

Even the most expensive and land mark development project made by IMSG in Orlu zone since 1999 - a modern sports stadium, it was partially demolished by Gov. Okorocha - no replacement.

The remainder of the stadium has remained in ruins since then. But surprises are that Gov. Okorocha has built two stadium-like facilities in Owerri since 2011, aside the Dan Anyiam Stadium.

Can a new governor from Owerri zone EVER build a sports stadium in Orlu?

If a clannish fellow from Owerri zone clinches the guber position, Imo state is in trouble.

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

12 Great African Inventions That Changed The World / Traditional Marriage Of Peter Obi's Daughter, Gabriella Nwamaka Frances Obi / Glory Okolie Detained By IRT Officers (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.