Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,242 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:51 AM

Nnamdi Kanu: Why I Jumped Bail, Escaped From Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nnamdi Kanu: Why I Jumped Bail, Escaped From Nigeria (95008 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu: Why Abaribe Should Be In Prison - Femi Adesina / Nnamdi KANU: Why Tuesday Sit-At-Home Order Was Declared - IPOB / Nnamdi Kanu:Anyone Who Says I Jumped Bail And Ran Away Lacks Reasoning Capacity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nnamdi Kanu: Why I Jumped Bail, Escaped From Nigeria by fergie001: 3:54pm On Jun 29, 2021
The self-acclaimed leader of the proscribed Indigenous People Of Biafra, IPOB, Nnamdi Kanu on Tuesday, opened up on why he escaped from the country inspite of the criminal charges of terrorism and treasonable felony brought against him by the federal government

Looking heavily weighed down, Kanu, who was brought to court for the continuation of trial shortly after he was intercepted by security operations, sought the permission of Justice Binta Nyako to address the court and present his side of the story.

Upon the permission, Kanu told the court in the presence of heavily armed security operatives that his house was unlawfully invaded by security men with his life seriously threatened.

The self-acclaimed Biafran leader further alleged that he would have been killed along with others on the day of the invasion if not for the wisdom he applied to jump out of the country.

Kanu’s reaction was provoked by the federal government’s information through its counsel, Shuaib Labaran that Kanu jumped the bail granted by the court to escape trial by running out of the country.

Labaran had applied to the court for an order to remand Kanu in the custody of the Department of State Service (DSS).

The counsel said the request became imperative because lawyers to Kanu were yet to be abreast of his re-arrest.

Justice Binta Nyako granted the request and ordered that Kanu be remanded in the custody of DSS till July 26 for the continuation of his trial.

Although the continuation of trial was originally slated for October 20, 2021, it was brought downward to July 26, 2021, for his lawyers to appear for his defense.

Kanu appeared to have been given the VIP treatment while being moved out of court.

He was taken away in handcuffs through a special gate reserved for Judges and highly placed persons from where he was moved to the DSS detention centre.

Hordes of photographers and cameramen who had positioned themselves to take his photographs were disappointed upon discovery that Kanu had been taken away.

DAILYPOST

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu: Why I Jumped Bail, Escaped From Nigeria by TheSupleemLeada(m): 3:57pm On Jun 29, 2021
The coward who was sending young men to die was scared for his life,
Only prove that the Igbos are the true cowards of Nigeria.

410 Likes 47 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu: Why I Jumped Bail, Escaped From Nigeria by PrinceOfLagos: 3:58pm On Jun 29, 2021
Coward

I knew you will be disgraced but didn't know it would be so soon

272 Likes 24 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu: Why I Jumped Bail, Escaped From Nigeria by EmmaLege: 3:58pm On Jun 29, 2021
baba dey fear grin grin grin

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu: Why I Jumped Bail, Escaped From Nigeria by Gaddafi1: 3:58pm On Jun 29, 2021
Okay, now we understand why you jumped bail but there is need to remain in police custody for your safety while the case is concluded.

The case should be justly tried and if found guilty, he will serve his sentence. If not guilty, he will be released and advised to agitate peacefully.

Also fulani herdsmen and any other group suspected to cause trouble in the country should be arrested and tried.

My 2 kobo

164 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu: Why I Jumped Bail, Escaped From Nigeria by Ebimor96: 3:59pm On Jun 29, 2021
grin
Re: Nnamdi Kanu: Why I Jumped Bail, Escaped From Nigeria by Bennita911: 3:59pm On Jun 29, 2021
Ehn,so he didn't say anything about jubril from Sudan. He can only give orders on social media. Bush meat Don catch the hunter

123 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu: Why I Jumped Bail, Escaped From Nigeria by Ebimor96: 3:59pm On Jun 29, 2021
grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu: Why I Jumped Bail, Escaped From Nigeria by KingKingKing: 3:59pm On Jun 29, 2021
You ran for your dear life when your house was stormed while you send your footmen on a suicide mission just for your own selfish gains. What a pity!

Heroes don't run , they aren't cowards they stay to fight for their people. Kanu's action has led to the death of hundreds of Igbo youths.

Kanu should have learnt a thing or two from Ojukwu. Self determination isn't Won by violence anymore but by diplomacy.

Kanu's end might be closer than we thought.
because I'm so sure that some of his kinsmen betrayed him by working in favour of the Nigerian Govt to ensure his arrest.

My Igbo brothers and sisters, IGBO KWENU! IGBO KWENU!! KWENU!!! KWEZONU OOOO!!!!!!
The time is now to speak up not by fighting but by educating your fellow tribesmen in the east to mellow down a bit, get their PVCs and come out en masse to vote In their preferred candidates. Victory shall be ours in Jesus Name.

God bless the land of the rising sun
God bless Igbos
God bless the East
God bless The Yorubas (My Tribe)
God bless the Hausas
God bless the greatest country on earth, Nigeria

195 Likes 18 Shares

grin grin grin

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu: Why I Jumped Bail, Escaped From Nigeria by foruma702: 3:59pm On Jun 29, 2021

2 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu: Why I Jumped Bail, Escaped From Nigeria by Obalatule: 3:59pm On Jun 29, 2021
Just one question for Kanu, How did we go from Stopping Fulani invasion of igbo forests to killing police and military officers?

181 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu: Why I Jumped Bail, Escaped From Nigeria by Aufbauh(m): 3:59pm On Jun 29, 2021
This Nnamdi kanu aka 'London Shekau' is not brave at all. I'm highly disappointed in him the way he was caught.

To stumbled twice against the same stone is a proverbial disgrace!

114 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu: Why I Jumped Bail, Escaped From Nigeria by PrimeWatermark: 3:59pm On Jun 29, 2021
Food don done for Bloggers.

NK just came to steal Chidinma's shine.

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu: Why I Jumped Bail, Escaped From Nigeria by yeyeboi(m): 3:59pm On Jun 29, 2021
See as dem catch Kanu but if na all those terrorist and bandits wey Dey north dem no go do anything about am...

Rubbish country cry

64 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu: Why I Jumped Bail, Escaped From Nigeria by katlynf73: 3:59pm On Jun 29, 2021
Wait is Kanu back from to 9ja?

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu: Why I Jumped Bail, Escaped From Nigeria by Tranquillity360: 3:59pm On Jun 29, 2021
Lolz,propaganda by zoo to make zombies happy,they will now forget the problems Nigeria have inflicted on them.

God bless Mazi Nnamdi Kanu.

We move.

If you like..........

54 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu: Why I Jumped Bail, Escaped From Nigeria by Welovekids1: 3:59pm On Jun 29, 2021
Na wa o

Na NK story we go see throughout this week.

Make una buy wetin we dey sell

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu: Why I Jumped Bail, Escaped From Nigeria by kuntash: 3:59pm On Jun 29, 2021
TheSupleemLeada:
The coward who was sending young men to die was scared for his life.

you say ?
Re: Nnamdi Kanu: Why I Jumped Bail, Escaped From Nigeria by Nobody: 3:59pm On Jun 29, 2021
I am Igbo but Nnamdi Kanu never for once passed as a genuine freedom fighter to me. Exploited the igbos to enrich himself and his family. I have got no sympathy to waste. He should face the full wrath of the law for the unrest he has brought to the south eastern region. Also the FG should go after bandits and some other separatist groups for this clamp down to be considered a fare one in the face of ethnic tensions

91 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu: Why I Jumped Bail, Escaped From Nigeria by NwaNimo1(m): 3:59pm On Jun 29, 2021

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu: Why I Jumped Bail, Escaped From Nigeria by CrazyCrane: 3:59pm On Jun 29, 2021
Hmmmm
All I can say is "federal government should thread carefully"

15 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu: Why I Jumped Bail, Escaped From Nigeria by Nobody: 3:59pm On Jun 29, 2021
These group of aboki and their media team,always having sleepless night because of their greatest nightmare in the name of Nnamdi Kanu. Well, we the real owners of Nigeria are watching keenly and closely.

Nnamdi Kanu or no Nnamdi Kanu, that's your cup of tea. NIGERIA MUST BE DISSOLVED. ITS A FAILED CONTRAPTION.

cant y. All see how different we are as a people?

Religious wise
Customs and traditions
The way we dress, speak and live, cant you all see how so different we are as a people? Why do you expect me to live in peace with cow worshippers, a group of head slamming delusional imbeciles. Pale grass eating smelly modafuckers!

Why the hell are you slow slowpoke in support of the disintegration of this current cess pit called Nigeria. Are you all madd?

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu: Why I Jumped Bail, Escaped From Nigeria by DDDEnterprises: 3:59pm On Jun 29, 2021
Hmm!

so y'all are telling me the UK betrayed this guy?

3 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu: Why I Jumped Bail, Escaped From Nigeria by NotKnown: 3:59pm On Jun 29, 2021
Actually anyone who was in his position then won't sit and watch them shoot him down like it was done to Osama bin laden.

However, after he left his words on radio and all that soliciting for arms won't help his case.

7 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu: Why I Jumped Bail, Escaped From Nigeria by SKYHIGHfx: 4:00pm On Jun 29, 2021
Good for him
Re: Nnamdi Kanu: Why I Jumped Bail, Escaped From Nigeria by Naijaguy12345(m): 4:00pm On Jun 29, 2021
British are known to be double face. A country that provide health care for Nigeria elite while deporting the poor back to Nigeria. Kanu made mistake the day he choose to live in the UK over USA. America would never ever have sent him to Nigeria and besides there are millions of human rights and anti muslim lawyers ready to block his extradition to Nigeria.

GOD BLESS AMERICA

[img]https://i./4B7Z.gif[/img]

64 Likes 6 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Is This Well Located In Nigeria? (Photo) / Glory Okolie Detained By IRT Officers (Pictures) / Folashade Tinubu-Ojo And MC Oluomo Get FG Appointments

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.