Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,209 members, 7,829,331 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:43 AM

Polygamy: Do Women Really Find It Acceptable? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Polygamy: Do Women Really Find It Acceptable? (4980 Views)

Why Do Women Always Do This (Picture) / A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! / Is It Acceptable For A Woman To Keep Male Friends After Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Polygamy: Do Women Really Find It Acceptable? by blacklion(m): 12:29pm On Feb 14, 2008
Interesting! all the babes here are against polygamy. So who are all the women marrying already married women and becoming 2nd, 3rd, 4th wives? Takes two to tango. In olden days, women were forced into polygamy. Nowadays, women go into polygamy for the money or because they are tired of waiting for Mr. Right.

Also, we must define polygamy. Its not only when a man performs marriage ceremony for 2nd or 3rd wife that he is a polygamist. Many guys have only one legal wife but they have 2 or 3 women outside who have kids for them. They buy/rent/build house for the lady, give her food/housekeeping allowance, pocket money, pay her kids school fees etc - in short, they do everything with her that they do with the legal wife. The only thing is that they did not do legal or traditional ceremony with those other women. Are such men not also polygamists? But they have only one legal wife.
Re: Polygamy: Do Women Really Find It Acceptable? by Blatant: 6:08pm On Feb 14, 2008
blacklion:

Interesting! all the babes here are against polygamy. So who are all the women marrying already married women and becoming 2nd, 3rd, 4th wives? Takes two to tango. In olden days, women were forced into polygamy. Nowadays, women go into polygamy for the money or because they are tired of waiting for Mr. Right.

many of dem wey dey do yanga here now sef go still end up as 2nd, 3rd wives
Re: Polygamy: Do Women Really Find It Acceptable? by samaiin: 9:32pm On Nov 06, 2009
Women find it acceptable. The general trend is women accepting to married man. one man many wives or many women for one husband
Re: Polygamy: Do Women Really Find It Acceptable? by Nobody: 4:16am On Dec 09, 2009
My husbands father had 2 wives.  His step mom doesnt like him and only wants her son to succeed in life.  There seems to be alot of competition amongst the half brother and sisters.  His father tried to treat them equally, but it wasnt easy.  My husband keeps his life as private as possible from his step mom.  He feels very warm towards his mother and says she was the gentle and first wife.  His father lived with his step mom though later in life.  I dont understand the system much.  I personally would be very jealous and could not cope sharing my lover with anyone.  The thought of it makes me very sick to my stomach and I do feel bad for the people involved in it.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Would You Do If Someone Called Your Kid Ugly? / Married Guys, Please Step Up Your Game In The Bedroom!! / Why Am I Treating My Wife Like This�

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.