Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,495 members, 7,819,806 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:06 AM

Qur’an Is Book Of Peace: Pope - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Qur’an Is Book Of Peace: Pope (1036 Views)

Effects Of Reciting The Qur’an In Comparison To Music / Qur’an – The Centripetal Force / The Blood Qur’an – Written With The Blood Of Saddam Hussein (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Qur’an Is Book Of Peace: Pope by farem: 8:50am On Dec 08, 2014
Qur’an is Book of Peace: Pope

CAIRO – Concluding his three-day visit to Turkey, Pope Francis has confirmed that Islam is a religion of peace, rejecting rants targeting Muslims over acts committed by a minority group.

“The Qur’an is a book of peace. It is a prophetic book of peace,” Pope Francis said, The Washington Post reported on Monday, December 1.

During his visit to Turkey, the Argentine Pope met President Recep Tayyip Erdogan, Prime Minister Ahmet Davutoglu and the head of Turkey's religious affairs directorate, Mehmet Gormez.

He also visited the Blue Mosque after a short tour of Aya Sofya, during which he offered prayers alongside the Turkish Mufti of Istanbul. The Pope asserted that was wrong for anyone to react to terrorism by being "enraged" against Islam.

“You just can’t say that, just as you can’t say all Christians are fundamentalists,” he said.

“We have our share of [fundamentalists]. All religions have these little groups.”

Pope Francis called on Muslim leaders to issue a global condemnation of terrorism to help break the stereotype that Islam and violence are innately linked. The suggestion was first made during the Pope’s meeting with the Turkish President Tayyip Erdogan last Friday.

“I told the president that it would be beautiful if all Islamic leaders, whether they are political, religious or academic leaders, would speak out clearly and condemn this because this would help the majority of Muslim people,” he told reporters aboard the flight, the Independent reported.

The 77-year-old Pontiff’s visit is the fourth by a Pope to Turkey.

In November 2006, Pope Benedict XVI visited Turkey and prayed at Istanbul's Blue Mosque as well.

A number of Muslim leaders around the world have overtly condemned the Islamic State, issuing strong-worded statements to deny any relation between Islam and the militant group. Two months ago, Sheikh Ahmed el-Tayeb, the Grand Imam of Al-Azhar, the highest seat of religious learning in the Sunni world, has condemned ISIL, accusing it of serving a “Zionist” plot to “destroy the Arab World”.

Earlier, Saudi Grand Mufti Sheikh Abdul Aziz al-Sheikh condemned Al-Qaeda and the Islamic State jihadists as “enemy number one” of Islam, urging urged Muslims to take up arms against the militant group’s members as aggressors who abuse people’s lives, possessions and honor.

The International Union of Muslim Scholars (IUMS) has dismissed ISIL announcement of forming a “caliphate” in areas they control in Iraq and Syria, saying it lacked any Islamic or realistic aspects.

- Washington Post
Re: Qur’an Is Book Of Peace: Pope by simplemach(m): 8:51am On Dec 08, 2014
I hope so..... although, may be some of the people reading it are the ones that dont ubderstand it.
Re: Qur’an Is Book Of Peace: Pope by temitemi1(m): 8:57am On Dec 08, 2014
Well, if only the pope can tell me where the word "jihad" is gotten from

1 Like

Re: Qur’an Is Book Of Peace: Pope by chimerase2: 9:02am On Dec 08, 2014
Why do pple always try to convince us dey re peace
The bible said by ur fruit we shall knw u
If u re a born again christian u dnt go abt shouting to pple u re born again christian
Brother it is by ur fruit the way u do we judge u weda indeed u re born again or not
Re: Qur’an Is Book Of Peace: Pope by Nobody: 9:02am On Dec 08, 2014
I understand.
Peace in Islam = JIHAD.

2 Likes

Re: Qur’an Is Book Of Peace: Pope by balash(m): 9:04am On Dec 08, 2014
Tell em Pope!! Even If Jesus Christ Comes Down And Tell The People We Believe Are our Brothers in christianity they would still say terrorism rolls with Islam.

One Mumu Don Ask What Jihad Means?
Re: Qur’an Is Book Of Peace: Pope by PassingShot(m): 9:06am On Dec 08, 2014
temitemi1:
Well, if only the pope can tell me where the word "jihad" is gotten from

If only you would genuinely seek to know what Jihad stands for undecided undecided
Re: Qur’an Is Book Of Peace: Pope by farem: 9:13am On Dec 08, 2014
[color=#006600][/color]
chimerase2:
Why do pple always try to convince us dey re peace
The bible said by ur fruit we shall knw u
If u re a born again christian u dnt go abt shouting to pple u re born again christian
Brother it is by ur fruit the way u do we judge u weda indeed u re born again or not

I think this world-empired minded pope will just for ONCE preach the Gospel; Jesus is the Way, the Truth and the Life. That For God so loved the World that that He gave His ONLY begotten Son... That the wages of sin is death but the gift of God is Eternal Life through Jesus Christ....
THEN I will believe you are not from/for satan and antichrist. Anything else is satanic rantings
Re: Qur’an Is Book Of Peace: Pope by emirateprince: 9:16am On Dec 08, 2014
Real Muslim are not violent, is the fake once that crave for war
Re: Qur’an Is Book Of Peace: Pope by emirateprince: 9:17am On Dec 08, 2014
Moderator modupe front page pls
Re: Qur’an Is Book Of Peace: Pope by emirateprince: 9:18am On Dec 08, 2014
Pope issue hmmm
Semi messiah

1 Like

Re: Qur’an Is Book Of Peace: Pope by tomakint: 9:25am On Dec 08, 2014
I don't need The Pope to tell me that Islam is a Religion of Peace! I have eyes to SEE and brain to REASON that Islam had never been PEACEFUL. Muslims that are peaceful are peaceful based on how they were raised by their parents, influenced by their environment and not because they are Muslims!

2 Likes

Re: Qur’an Is Book Of Peace: Pope by xamiel: 9:31am On Dec 08, 2014
Aprime:
I understand.
Peace in Islam = JIHAD.
Re: Qur’an Is Book Of Peace: Pope by holatin(m): 9:33am On Dec 08, 2014
Gbam !
I wish we Ve more sensible leaders like this in Christian.
Re: Qur’an Is Book Of Peace: Pope by tinkinjow: 9:35am On Dec 08, 2014
Did you expect him to say it's a book of war?

The point is that moslems should stop killing people in the name of Koran, mohammed, jihad and in a nutshell Islam.
Re: Qur’an Is Book Of Peace: Pope by Nobody: 9:51am On Dec 08, 2014
Can we attack the Pope now? Hypocrites

1 Like

Re: Qur’an Is Book Of Peace: Pope by ihimami: 10:06am On Dec 08, 2014
Obiagelli:

My dear, you do not need to dignify these guys with a response because they are inconsequentials. The Pope have spoken and reasonable people around the world knows these crises are politically motivated and had nothing to do with Islam.
Re: Qur’an Is Book Of Peace: Pope by Nobody: 10:07am On Dec 08, 2014
Obiagelli:
have you registered yet? I did mine yesterday at Festac Town.
Re: Qur’an Is Book Of Peace: Pope by Nobody: 10:24am On Dec 08, 2014
berem:
have you registered yet? I did mine yesterday at Festac Town.
Just registered this morning in surulere. I got there very early.
Re: Qur’an Is Book Of Peace: Pope by Mogidi: 10:48am On Dec 08, 2014
It might be a book of peace but those strapping bombs to themselves while screaming Allahu akbar normally have quran in one hand, a good example is our very own Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab. I must however concur that vast majority of muslims are not that way inclined, a lot has to be done by moderate muslims.

(1) (Reply)

Nairaland IDPs/Back To School Project / Maulid: 25 Sayings Of Prophet Muhammad For Victory In This Life And After / Does It Matter Whether You Are Shia Or Sunni?: Let's Love Each Other

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.