Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,684 members, 7,816,792 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:16 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 7 - Travel (108) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (1150754 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by bpatient: 2:51pm On Jan 10, 2015
@ Holyjacket : pls can you send me your sop...i need to go trhough a couple before i fill mine.Will appreciate your kind gesture

cheers

jab2k4@gmail.com
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 3:11pm On Jan 10, 2015
silkyhair:
hello house,
Abeg make una help a sister o! please and please i need IELTS materials from anyone who did theirs recently....please assist
while I was preparing for mine, dcielts.com was helpful, also ieltsbuddy.com just google for more free websites or u can go to ietls office and buy their material for 4k I guess(I didnt tho). understand d concept of what they expecting from u in d 4 aspects. dats jst it
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 3:31pm On Jan 10, 2015
my epals abeg advice me

for a 1 year(14months) pgd in project management, would these documents suffice.
Neco
NYSC certificate nd posting letter
transcript
Bsc cert.
reciept of school fees paid in full
Admission letter
computer diploma certificate (local computer college)
police report

Sponsor:
sponsor acct balance of 4.2million
another statement of acct with few cash but transactions of abt 1.5million naira monthly
tax clearance
business registration certificate
land doccuments
sponsor retirement letter as asst supt of custom
affidavit of sponsorship and oath
Letter from Pepsi as a distributor

co sponsor
letter of sponsorship, his assets nd bank statements

picture showing my mother, me and 2 siblings.
recent picture showing the family.

ps,i am 20years i graduated 2012, served till 2013, and jobless as at now

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Gigibangs(f): 3:38pm On Jan 10, 2015
My friend has an admission in Canada for msc. He works in an okay company and he is sponsoring himself However, his dad sends him stipends of about 100k monthly seldom skips a month.He has documentation for his salary and money history but his dad's own is just wire transfer account to account . Does he need to show any doc for his dad? Please note that the guy is the sole sponsor of his studies. Please house help out on this!!!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by akanni(m): 4:05pm On Jan 10, 2015
Gigibangs:
My friend has an admission in Canada for msc. He works in an okay company and he is sponsoring himself However, his dad sends him stipends of about 100k monthly seldom skips a month.He has documentation for his salary and money history but his dad's own is just wire transfer account to account . Does he need to show any doc for his dad? Please note that the guy is the sole sponsor of his studies. Please house help out on this!!!!
if he is self sponsoring, doesn't need the dad's doc as long as he has the funds in his account.With his statement of account, employment offer,other docs, he should be ok.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 4:31pm On Jan 10, 2015
my epals abeg advice me
for a 1 year(14months) pgd in project management, would these documents
suffice.
Neco
transcript
Bsc cert.
Admission letter
police report
Sponsor:
another statement of acct with few cash but transactions of abt 1.5million
naira monthly
tax clearance
land doccuments
co sponsor
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by lilspiceyy(f): 4:50pm On Jan 10, 2015
silkyhair:
hello house,
Abeg make una help a sister o! please and please i need IELTS materials from anyone who did theirs recently....please assist
I tink u can get that online. I remembered getting it online. U can also print if u want. Success.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 4:51pm On Jan 10, 2015
That's awesome news .. I wish you the best . ours too shall follow

HudsonBanks:

Ah yessoo got a notification that medicals passed earlier today so waiting for passport request

The wait is quite exhausting I must say

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 4:58pm On Jan 10, 2015
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by akanni(m): 5:01pm On Jan 10, 2015
toecyne:
my epals abeg advice me
for a 1 year(14months) pgd in project management, would these documents
suffice.
Neco
transcript
Bsc cert.
Admission letter
police report
Sponsor:
another statement of acct with few cash but transactions of abt 1.5million
naira monthly
tax clearance
land doccuments
co sponsor

what was your B.sc in?If there is no link with your Pgd,its an issue so, explain it in your SOP.
Also, try and explain what you were doing all thru 2014, i guess that's where the distributor thing comes in.
i think you are almost good to go smiley
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by kfrosh: 5:04pm On Jan 10, 2015
Oga Famo!!! Please I need your input on these a 1yr program Vs 2yr program; from the extensive research have done I realized that its extremely risky to go for a 1yr grad cert. Instead of a 2yr PGD or 2yr Masters program for someone whose end game is to get a PRV and an okay job. What's your take on this from your experience and does going for an advance diploma in a strongly related course after BSc raise a red flag to the VO.
Fhemmmy:

Chairman, if you could get me a whole box, i go chop them oh . . . Lol, i just want gala and not picky with amount of gala...... Hope you wont be like those that promised and i no see their break light again oh.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 5:10pm On Jan 10, 2015
smiley
akanni:

what was your B.sc in?If there is no link with your Pgd,its an issue so, explain it in your SOP.
Also, try and explain what you were doing all thru 2014, i guess that's where the distributor thing comes in.
i think you are almost good to go smiley
my bsc is in mass communication, undecided[quote author=akanni post=29672194]
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by akanni(m): 5:24pm On Jan 10, 2015
toecyne:
smiley
my bsc is in mass communication, undecided
You have to spin a very good tale on why this program considering your academic background and work experience.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Tsola6: 5:25pm On Jan 10, 2015
So I and my house mate took a bus and 2 sky trains to get to the shop were we cud find indomie in surrey!
I wish I brought from naija chaii!
And please if u wanna come to BC, avoid schools in Surrey! Dat place is gangster! Just my tot tho!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Buccattee: 8:03pm On Jan 10, 2015
Tsola6:
So I and my house mate took a bus and 2 sky trains to get to the shop were we cud find indomie in surrey!
I wish I brought from naija chaii!
And please if u wanna come to BC, avoid schools in Surrey! Dat place is gangster! Just my tot tho!

How do you mean? 'gangster'
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by 9jabiggurl: 9:54pm On Jan 10, 2015
akanni:

today is saturday, you no dey sleep?lol.
how far, when you submitting?
canny awaits you o with its cold claws.

sleep?? used to getting up early ooo to attend to my 3wisemen....yes canny awaits me n every other person ppp we r all coming behind u
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Finestlex(m): 2:55am On Jan 11, 2015
the thoughts of resuming skl next week in this coLd weather scares me..

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Gigibangs(f): 3:23am On Jan 11, 2015
Thanks @ Akanni
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Mcjimmy(m): 6:34am On Jan 11, 2015
What are the documents u submitted?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Fhemmmy: 6:42am On Jan 11, 2015
kfrosh:
Oga Famo!!! Please I need your input on these a 1yr program Vs 2yr program; from the extensive research have done I realized that its extremely risky to go for a 1yr grad cert. Instead of a 2yr PGD or 2yr Masters program for someone whose end game is to get a PRV and an okay job. What's your take on this from your experience and does going for an advance diploma in a strongly related course after BSc raise a red flag to the VO.

Yes, 2 years program is always better if that is your aim....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by ada4all: 7:28am On Jan 11, 2015
Fhemmmy:

Yes, 2 years program is always better if that is your aim....
I heard one can also do another One year MSc program after a one year PGD program to get a 3 yrs PGWP. Pls is that also true?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by emmylson01: 9:01am On Jan 11, 2015
kfrosh:
Niccur stop being lazy, google is your best friend or better still start reading the thread backward or forward as the case may be grin tongue you can then come back for a more precise question cool

bro it is just that most comment I have read here (backwards) are from people that has really gone far on the issue......I just need a startup tip abt the issue
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by mrnilobrawn: 9:57am On Jan 11, 2015
emmylson01:

bro it is just that most comment I have read here (backwards) are from people that has really gone far on the issue......I just need a startup tip abt the issue
Gone far on what issue!!! U hav'nt even identify your purpose for traveling to Canada. Are you planning to go for studies?
,, ,, ,, ,, ,, and work?
Visit?
Tourist?
Migrate permanently?
.........you need to know your purpose of going to Canada.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by adebasket97: 10:08am On Jan 11, 2015
@emmy I am also new on this thread and I have read from pages 1-30, I have also covered some pages randomly. it's not easy reading through pages 1-107 but try to cover some few pages to at least know the the basics.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by adebasket97: 10:12am On Jan 11, 2015
mrnilobrawn:

Gone far on what issue!!! U hav'nt even identify your purpose for traveling to Canada. Are you planning to go for studies?
,, ,, ,, ,, ,, and work?
Visit?
Tourist?
Migrate permanently?
.........you need to know your purpose of going to Canada.

bro, am new here too. and I have one sole purpose of going to canada #Migrate Permanently but I want to start from the Tourist Visa. Next will be the Study Permit/Work Permit.

Am already processing my Tourist Visa Via a Federal Govt Sponsored Program. I am to submit some docs to the agent tomorrow (can you pls help with a list of docs that can help to facilitate it)I am also trying to arrange things so as to get Admission for September 2015 round. Your advice and help will be much appreciated.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by mrnilobrawn: 10:33am On Jan 11, 2015
adebasket97:

bro, am new here too. and I have one sole purpose of going to canada #Migrate Permanently but I want to start from the Tourist Visa. Next will be the Study Permit/Work Permit.

Am already processing my Tourist Visa Via a Federal Govt Sponsored Program. I am to submit some docs to the agent tomorrow (can you pls help with a list of docs that can help to facilitate it)I am also trying to arrange things so as to get Admission for September 2015 round. Your advice and help will be much appreciated.
Please be aware that with a tourist visa you can not study in Canada. If you got to Canada wit a tourist visa and decide to study, you will have to leave Canada to apply for study permit. Please refer... http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=483&t=15

For tourist, i dont really know much on the docs u might need to provide... But this might guide you a little, see ycoxyng list

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by adebasket97: 10:36am On Jan 11, 2015
mrnilobrawn:

Please be aware that with a tourist visa you can not study in Canada. If you got to Canada wit a tourist visa and decide to study, you will have to leave Canada to apply for study permit. Please refer... http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=483&t=15

For tourist, i dont really know much on the docs u might need to provide... But this might guide you a little, see ycoxyng list

yes bro, I understand I have to leave and get back. Just planning ahead. Thanks for links.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by akinsjimmy: 10:43am On Jan 11, 2015
Please I need your help in the house, I like one course in memorial university in Canada, I want to apply but they said to pay for the application fees I will need credit card in which I don't have, is there anybody who can give other alternative on how I can pay for the application fees apart from using credit card? Or if there is any Nigerian I can link up to who is currently schooling in memorial university in Canada. Your single information provided will be highly appreciated. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by mrnilobrawn: 10:57am On Jan 11, 2015
akinsjimmy:
Please I need your help in the house, I like one course in memorial university in Canada, I want to apply but they said to pay for the application fees I will need credit card in which I don't have, is there anybody who can give other alternative on how I can pay for the application fees apart from using credit card? Or if there is any Nigerian I can link up to who is currently schooling in memorial university in Canada. Your single information provided will be highly appreciated. Thanks
Why not go to your bank and get a master card. Easy and straight forward.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by blink6(m): 11:38am On Jan 11, 2015
akinsjimmy:
In addition to Brown's suggestion, I would look for someone who has a debit master or visa card from either of Zenith, first, stanbic, gtb and co. Banks, if I were you.

》》》》》》》》blink out!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 12:00pm On Jan 11, 2015
my brother went for his biometric since first week of October,school resumes since 5th of January.
application still opens,no response or email from CIC.GC.ca.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by holyjacket: 12:08pm On Jan 11, 2015
Haustraliah:
my brother went for his biometric since first week of October,school resumes since 5th of January.
application still opens,no response or email from CIC.GC.ca.
first week of october? U mean no medical call yet ? or passport request ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) ... (502)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / USA Visit Visa Part 3

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.