Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,397 members, 7,853,769 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 11:44 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 7 - Travel (184) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (1163612 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by sheriph: 9:00am On Feb 18, 2015
mrnilobrawn:

I believe WEAC card is valid for 5 usage. Your school cant check your result 5 times. Beside embassy wont have time to check that too.
you can include it.......beside if u are going for PG studies WEAC should b least of your worries. Your BSc is enough

Thanks boss
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by 9jabiggurl: 9:01am On Feb 18, 2015
mrnilobrawn:

Can I send it to u via DHL? Coz they are faster.... But if u dont want it too fast, u can read from part 5 to date.

I just enjoy your sarcasm most times...hilarious dude.....but some people though..............
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by mrnilobrawn: 9:07am On Feb 18, 2015
Good morning Gentle men and Ladies
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by mrnilobrawn: 9:08am On Feb 18, 2015
9jabiggurl:

I just enjoy your sarcasm most times...hilarious dude.....but some people though..............
Was just trying to help him nah. grin

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Pmiller1: 9:15am On Feb 18, 2015
@mrnilobrawn: please kindly update mine Feb 16, biometric Feb 17 Sask Poly. Fall 2015. Dip. Online
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 9:18am On Feb 18, 2015
mrnilobrawn:

Added..
Application close and approved. Thanks bro

5 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by mrnilobrawn: 9:19am On Feb 18, 2015
Pmiller1:
@mrnilobrawn: please kindly update mine Feb 16, biometric Feb 17 Sask Poly. Fall 2015. Dip. Online
LIST OF TRV HOPEFULS

SPRING/SUMMER- 2015
1. checkyink: January 12: UniofRegina: PhD: paper; MEDICAL FEB 17.
2. DoveGrace: Jan 13 Conestoga College, pgd, Online
3. misszionboo: Jan 28 Niagara college. Pg. online
4. obig: feb 6, paper route Centennial college graduate diploma

FALL - 2015
1. Bobola86; Jan 30, Concordia University College of Alberta, online, PG TRV
2. Pmiller1:Feb 17, Sask Poly. Dip. Online.

If you have admission and have applied for TRV

Please provide the following information
**Submission date**Institution*
**Mode of submission: Online/Paper
**level of study

BEST WISHES
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by chommi(f): 9:20am On Feb 18, 2015
kfrosh:
Am quite worried about these graduate certificate programs In these colleges. From your experience over there can someone use these certificates to secure a decent job

please can someone answer this question. im also in dilemma too.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by a4larin: 9:23am On Feb 18, 2015
Please bro, how did you go about your passport renewal. Is there a way of doing that in Lagos? I keep hearing many things on the renewal. kindly give me precise info on how you went about renewing the passport.

Thanks

marcuskens:

Hi mrnilobrawn:
Sorry to interject here. I had a passport which expired in January 2015 and have been renewed the same month. I planned to apply for TRV this march. Does this mean i cant use it now/i'll have to wait till June or something? If so, what other options do i have? Please clarify....thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by a4larin: 9:32am On Feb 18, 2015
Hello guys.

I got a call for the passport request yesterday. There was one of the criteria as "Your passport must be valid for the duration of your expected length of stay in Canada."

My passport expires December 2016 while the program ends May 2017. Has anyone been in this before who can advise if i need to renew it before giving them the passport or not. If yes, I will need info on how to process the renewal of the passport please. Your quick response will be appreciated. @valeriann @Bobola86

Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by mrnilobrawn: 9:45am On Feb 18, 2015
a4larin:
Hello guys.

I got a call for the passport request yesterday. There was one of the criteria as "Your passport must be valid for the duration of your expected length of stay in Canada."

My passport expires December 2016 while the program ends May 2017. Has anyone been in this before who can advise if i need to renew it before giving them the passport or not. If yes, I will need info on how to process the renewal of the passport please. Your quick response will be appreciated. @valeriann @Bobola86

Thanks
You cant renew your passport now, your visa will b issue till Dec 2016. When u get to Canada you can renew ur passport in Ottawa and extend your visa afterward
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by checkyink(m): 9:47am On Feb 18, 2015
You can renew your passport in canada then subsequently renew your visa. Cheers no stress. You can only renew your passport 6 months before its expiry.

a4larin:
Hello guys.

Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 9:47am On Feb 18, 2015
a4larin:
Hello guys.

Thanks
You can't Renew your passport until the validity is 6 months or less. So I guess your visa validity will be December 2016. Then you can apply for visa renewal after your passport is renewed. If you are going in for fall 2015, I will advice u renew your passport around June before leaving or in Ottawa if you are leaving earlier. I think visa validity won't affect your study permit validity. You just need to renew the visa in case you want to travel out of Canada after December.based on my experience tho. I stand to be corrected.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by obig: 9:49am On Feb 18, 2015
Bobola86:

Application close and approved. Thanks bro
@mrnilobrawn:
Please mine is on 6th of feb paper route
Centennial college graduate diploma
May 2015.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 9:55am On Feb 18, 2015
mrnilobrawn:
Good morning Gentle men and Ladies
Gudmorning bro. I'm putting my docs together to submit my application in a couple of days. I have some personal funds which i intend to use in paying part of my tuition. Does my sponsor need to indicate the specific amnt he would be making available to me for my studies? Or just stating in the letter that he would make enough funds available to me to pay the remaining part of d tuition and living costs would suffice?
Thanks and have a great day!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by a4larin: 9:58am On Feb 18, 2015
Thanks for the info. That was much relief. I'll just check at the VAC today and confirm that. Cheers bro

Bobola86:

You can't Renew your passport until the validity is 6 months or less. So I guess your visa validity will be December 2016. Then you can apply for visa renewal after your passport is renewed. If you are going in for fall 2015, I will advice u renew your passport around June before leaving or in Ottawa if you are leaving earlier. I think visa validity won't affect your study permit validity. You just need to renew the visa in case you want to travel out of Canada after December.based on my experience tho. I stand to be corrected.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by mrnilobrawn: 9:59am On Feb 18, 2015
obig:

@mrnilobrawn:
Please mine is on 6th of feb paper route
Centennial college graduate diploma
May 2015.
Updated.....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by hayqinsbFX: 10:02am On Feb 18, 2015
omo e b like say i never see anybody wey dey do advance diploma for dis colleges o...
mrnilobrawn:

Updated.....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by mrnilobrawn: 10:05am On Feb 18, 2015
Jakay:

Gudmorning bro. I'm putting my docs together to submit my application in a couple of days. I have some personal funds which i intend to use in paying part of my tuition. Does my sponsor need to indicate the specific amnt he would be making available to me for my studies? Or just stating in the letter that he would make enough funds available to me to pay the remaining part of d tuition and living costs would suffice?
Thanks and have a great day!
If He is your only sponsor you should go with the bolded.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by mrnilobrawn: 10:08am On Feb 18, 2015
hayqinsbFX:
omo e b like say i never see anybody wey dey do advance diploma for dis colleges o...
Bcoz u have'nt read enough....dem plenty wey don go already
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 10:10am On Feb 18, 2015
mrnilobrawn:

If He is your only sponsor you should go with the bolded.
Noted. Thanks bro!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by hayqinsbFX: 10:17am On Feb 18, 2015
ehhen.. from 6 enter 7 dem scarce..
mrnilobrawn:

Bcoz u have'nt read enough....dem plenty wey don go already
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 10:19am On Feb 18, 2015
a4larin:
Thanks for the info. That was much relief. I'll just check at the VAC today and confirm that. Cheers bro

My passport is expiring by March next year too and I submitted yesterday. You've got all the info U need from pals here already. Best of luck

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by ada4all: 10:32am On Feb 18, 2015
Hi guys, am gathering my docs to submit for TRV. My sponsor wants to know if he is to submit photocopy or the originals of his docs.
I told him he needs to send the original copies but he is saying it's photocopy but am not so sure. Pls advice cos he said I should confirm. It's online route am using.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by mrnilobrawn: 10:42am On Feb 18, 2015
ada4all:
Hi guys, am gathering my docs to submit for TRV. My sponsor wants to know if he is to submit photocopy or the originals of his docs.
I told him he needs to send the original copies but he is saying it's photocopy but am not so sure. Pls advice cos he said I should confirm. It's online route am using.
If u are using online, let him just scan all the documents and send them to u.....its best u scan originals or certified copies of the originals.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by checkyink(m): 10:43am On Feb 18, 2015
@mrnilobrawn, I wanna ask if once I have my passport back, can I apply to get a new one. From the Nigerian Immigration before travelling ?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by mrnilobrawn: 10:57am On Feb 18, 2015
checkyink:
@mrnilobrawn, I wanna ask if once I have my passport back, can I apply to get a new one. From the Nigerian Immigration before travelling ?
U can if its 6months or less left to expire. But be aware that before IMM giv u d new passport the wil cancel without prejudice the empty pages left on ur old passport (officially shaa) but i am sure u can sort that out. When is ur old passport going to expire?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by checkyink(m): 11:01am On Feb 18, 2015
My passport expires july 2016 so instead of renewing in Ottawa, I would want to get a new one outright before travelling. What do you think ?

mrnilobrawn:

U can if its 6months or less left to expire. But be aware that before IMM giv u d new passport the wil cancel without prejudice the empty pages left on ur old passport (officially shaa) but i am sure u can sort that out. When is ur old passport going to expire?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by akanni(m): 11:02am On Feb 18, 2015
9jabiggurl:

My paddy, have you submitted your application now?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by mrnilobrawn: 11:05am On Feb 18, 2015
checkyink:
My passport expires july 2016 so instead of renewing in Ottawa, I would want to get a new one outright before travelling. What do you think ?

U intend travelling by May..yes? Thats not possible. See u in ottawa......but hey, this is Naija....anything goes...

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by lakusi(m): 11:38am On Feb 18, 2015
mrnilobrawn:

U intend travelling by May..yes? Thats not possible. See u in ottawa......but hey, this is Naija....anything goes...

Mrnilobrawn the V.O ... Welldone for assisting us alot in this group ... I pray your testimony comes soon kiss #NoHomo.

I am still expecting my admission offers (PG) frm UofA, UofC n UofR dts y I haven't been commenting lately cos I can't b gathering documents without being admitted yet. ONE LOVE HOUSE !!! grin cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) ... (502)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.