Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,288 members, 7,836,273 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:38 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 7 - Travel (201) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (1157007 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Graviton2(m): 3:29pm On Feb 23, 2015
hesque:
Briefly introduce urself and course of study in Canada, explain ur previous education, work experience and its relevance to ur intended course. Explain the impact of the course on your future career and employment opporutunities in your country. Why not pursuing the course in Nigeria. Life after study (emphasis on leaving Canada after ur studies) and home tie. Hope this is helpful.

Thank you very much
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by yyzz: 3:30pm On Feb 23, 2015
Amefrica:

I pay 450/month on rent (all utilities incl.)

Grocery shopping 50-100/month - sometimes when I'm lazy to cook, I order dominoes or KFC, Dominoes is 50% off every monday.

There are transit buses here which are totally free once you show your student ID card.

My phone bill is around $50 a month.

Entertainment, I play soccer every Friday/Saturday/Sunday with guys here, I dance (I'm in my school dance team), I play FIFA with my roomies, and go to clubs sometimes.

In total, I haven't really calculated it before but I'm guessing somewhere around $600-$700
Wow!, what school
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Siga: 3:32pm On Feb 23, 2015
... So amazing how people dey comment on this so called amount to sustain u for a month ... See... U can never put an amount to it cos it fluctuates... na Miscellaneous dey scatter budget pass... Rightly said its Province by Province ... and location within a Province...

All I can say is impossibility is nothing... Can one work to pay tuition, Yeah.... Is it easy HELL NO!!! ... I did it and I wont wish it on anyone... Times have changed and tuition gone up...

My advise... come prepared and let whoever is paying for u to be prepared to load ur GTB account anytime ooo... it will make life easier for u...

4 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Fhemmmy: 3:40pm On Feb 23, 2015
Siga:
... So amazing how people dey comment on this so called amount to sustain u for a month ... See... U can never put an amount to it cos it fluctuates... na Miscellaneous dey scatter budget pass... Rightly said its Province by Province ... and location within a Province...

All I can say is impossibility is nothing... Can one work to pay tuition, Yeah.... Is it easy HELL NO!!! ... I did it and I wont wish it on anyone... Times have changed and tuition gone up...

My advise... come prepared and let whoever is paying for u to be prepared to load ur GTB account anytime ooo... it will make life easier for u...

Also, it used to be easy to find a job BUT not as it used to be, also, lots of out boys were into 419 nonsense which now the cops are on their tails . . . I will never advice anyone to migrate to Canada on student visa and hope to depend on working to pay his or her school fees, however, if the person is in one of those bush and yet they have many black students, i will advice such student before coming here, learn barbing or upon arrival, learn some handy work that might help you to survive and in the summer, if the students is really strong and not lazy, you could go to the North in the summer and plant trees . . .Lol

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Siga: 3:47pm On Feb 23, 2015
... ^^^ Afi plant trees na... grin grin ...

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by hesque: 3:57pm On Feb 23, 2015
Sure u can apply but you must prove that you have sufficient funds to pay ur tuition fees.
quote author=Damolaay post=31007207]Hello house, just got admission to humber for fall 2015, can I apply for my TRV before paying my tuition fees.[/quote]
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 4:01pm On Feb 23, 2015
yyzz:

Wow!, what school

University of Prince Edward Island
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by standupguy(m): 4:05pm On Feb 23, 2015
Fhemmmy:

Also, it used to be easy to find a job BUT not as it used to be, also, lots of out boys were into 419 nonsense which now the cops are on their tails . . . I will never advice anyone to migrate to Canada on student visa and hope to depend on working to pay his or her school fees, however, if the person is in one of those bush and yet they have many black students, i will advice such student before coming here, learn barbing or upon arrival, learn some handy work that might help you to survive and in the summer, if the students is really strong and not lazy, you could go to the North in the summer and plant trees . . .Lol

Working to pay your tuition as well as sustain yourself while school is in session no be joke, especially if you want to graduate with a good grade.
You can work full time on holidays or co-op.
My Older brother never worked a day while in school except for 4 months co-op, when you raised his final semester tuition.
Its better to do the hustling to raise the money here in naija, to at least sustain you for 70% duration of your studies then also your sponsor should take care of at least 70% of your tuition.
The grade wey you Graduate with is important o, no go find money forget book o

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Damolaay(m): 4:05pm On Feb 23, 2015
hesque:
Sure u can apply but you must prove that you have sufficient funds to pay ur tuition fees.
quote author=Damolaay post=31007207]Hello house, just got admission to humber for fall 2015, can I apply for my TRV before paying my tuition fees.

Thanks man...... PROVE u mean strong SOA?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by standupguy(m): 4:07pm On Feb 23, 2015
Siga:
... ^^^ Afi plant trees na... grin grin ...

which one come be planting trees again?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by standupguy(m): 4:09pm On Feb 23, 2015
hesque:
quote author=Damolaay post=31007207]Hello house, just got admission to humber for fall 2015, can I apply for my TRV before paying my tuition fees.

Bros abeg trying read from page one o.
Learn from peoples mistakes o before you rush into anything o.
I am talking from experience.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Fhemmmy: 4:13pm On Feb 23, 2015
standupguy:

Working to pay your tuition as well as sustain yourself while school is in session no be joke, especially if you want to graduate with a good grade.
You can work full time on holidays or co-op.
My Older brother never worked a day while in school except for 4 months co-op, when you raised his final semester tuition.
Its better to do the hustling to raise the money here in naija, to at least sustain you for 70% duration of your studies then also your sponsor should take care of at least 70% of your tuition.
The grade wey you Graduate with is important o, no go find money forget book o

You are very right, the summer holiday is always time to make money...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Kunsoft(m): 4:18pm On Feb 23, 2015
Sneeze!
It seems IELTS is now compulsory for Students visa in Canny abi
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Akin26: 4:20pm On Feb 23, 2015
Amefrica:

I pay 450/month on rent (all utilities incl.)

Grocery shopping 50-100/month - sometimes when I'm lazy to cook, I order dominoes or KFC, Dominoes is 50% off every monday.

There are transit buses here which are totally free once you show your student ID card.

My phone bill is around $50 a month.

Entertainment, I play soccer every Friday/Saturday/Sunday with guys here, I dance (I'm in my school dance team), I play FIFA with my roomies, and go to clubs sometimes.

In total, I haven't really calculated it before but I'm guessing somewhere around $600-$700
br is it that you and your room mate share the 450 for rent or you pay 450 each?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by soji0509: 4:20pm On Feb 23, 2015
The V.O. will only have a confirmatory fact that many applicant from Nigeria have become "mentally challenged" to think and craft a suitable SOP of their own . QED
Am beginning to feel that as important as SOP is, undue credit is now being given to it.
I have related with a few offline who actually told me they DID NOT include an SOP in their application yet got their TRV.
Lesson ? The LORD will grant favour to who HE will, no matter how incomplete and imperfect the application is. So in addition to all our best, let us NOT forget to pray for HIS favour and Mercy and it shall be well with us all (amen)
Siga:
... Would be funny if like 5 people write SOP talking about their mentally challenged brother... grin

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by akanni(m): 4:23pm On Feb 23, 2015
Province/Location [Olds, Alberta]
Rent [c$700-upwards]-You can share an apartment with another student @ 350 inclusive of utilities
Transportation [stroll everywhere though cab na C$8/drop anywhere in town]
Food [c$200/monthly]depends on you
Entertainment [streaming online and once in a while play pool/snooker in school]
Phone: [35-50]
Misc:[c$50]
Total Monthly Expense [c$1000]

Good morning house!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 4:30pm On Feb 23, 2015
Akin26:

br is it that you and your room mate share the 450 for rent or you pay 450 each?

I live in a room by myself, everyone pays $450 each. Roommates are people you live in the same house with not necessarily same room.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Siga: 4:33pm On Feb 23, 2015
soji0509:
The V.O. will only have a confirmatory fact that many applicant from Nigeria have become "mentally challenged" to think and craft a suitable SOP of their own . QED
Am beginning to feel that as important as SOP is, undue credit is now being given to it.
I have related with a few offline who actually told me they DID NOT include an SOP in their application yet got their TRV.
Lesson ? The LORD will grant favour to who HE will, no matter how incomplete and imperfect the application is. So in addition to all our best, let us NOT forget to pray for HIS favour and Mercy and it shall be well with us all (amen)
... If ur questionnaire is detailed and satisfies the VO attending to ur case file... then u golden... Visa app is case by case bro... what works for Kehinde may not work for Taiwo...

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Futurewiser: 4:41pm On Feb 23, 2015
Can Canadian embassy knows that some one has used the same sponsor before? It was my dad who sponsored my brother to Canada. now he wants to sponsor me will they know if i said he has not sponsored any one to Canada before? Cos they will say he is already sponsoring somebody else in canada and may not be able to cater for my expesive plus my bro in Canada cos is the same 6 million in account balance.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Siga: 4:51pm On Feb 23, 2015
Futurewiser:
Can Canadian embassy knows that some one has used the same sponsor before? It was my dad who sponsored my brother to Canada. now he wants to sponsor me will they know if i said he has not sponsored any one to Canada before?
... Name and relevant documents dont lie bro... but it doesnt matter... its ur dad... why worry..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Bamz(m): 4:52pm On Feb 23, 2015
Siga:

Chief Siga,

Thanks for your contribution.
LOL and the bolded even applies when you're working I guess. We want to give advise to everyone based on average experience so people will learn from them.

It's good to give someone the hope that they will pay their tuition when they get to Canny. I'm not sure how this works out, but I just think it would be easier to defer admission by any possible means just to get one's tuition up to a reasonable amount in Nigeria than to make uncalculated risks.

We want success stories here.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Futurewiser: 4:57pm On Feb 23, 2015
Siga:
... Name and relevant documents dont lie bro... but it doesnt matter... its ur dad... why worry..

Cos they will say he is already sponsoring somebody else in canada and may not be able to cater for my expesive plus my bro in Canada cos is the same 6 million in account balance.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Siga: 5:00pm On Feb 23, 2015
Futurewiser:

Cos they will say he is already sponsoring somebody else in canada and may not be able to cater for my expesive plus my bro in Canada cos is the same 6 million in account balance.
... This is what happens when people over analyse Visa apps... there are parents here with 2 to 3 kids and na dem sponsor them here... if u have an doubt... look for a co sponsor join.... Your best sponsor na ur parents...

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by hesque: 5:06pm On Feb 23, 2015
Av seen people that got TRV without paying tuition fees but as chief siga said "what works Kehinde may not work for Taiwo". Cheers

Damolaay:

Thanks man...... PROVE u mean strong SOA?

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by soji0509: 5:38pm On Feb 23, 2015
Gurus in the house : what are the differences between the following terms ?
1. Statement of Purpose (SOP)
2. Statement of Intent (SOI)
3. Study plan (SP)
4. Letter of Explanation (LOE ) not Letter Of Employment in this context

They appear to be confusing.
My thinking is that is that they are all the same. Even if am wrong the following will be of help to you in my view
http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/kenya/visas/53_1.aspx?lang=eng
http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/nigeria/visas/53_1.aspx?lang=eng
https://www.nairaland.com/962116/travelling-canada-part-3/82 ; post by xtus
https://www.nairaland.com/2035081/travelling-canada-part-7/180;
https://www.nairaland.com/1475467/travelling-canada-part-5/64 ; post by deebla

Don Siga , fhemmmy,Amefrica, Pchax ETC please come to the rescue
Good the 4 majors have been brought in now by providence.

Graviton2:

I have done that already. You should know google is the first resource most people consult. I won't be asking on here if I had found what I was looking for on google. I require practical information.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Siga: 5:40pm On Feb 23, 2015
...^^^Call it what u want... they are all the same... Just write one detailed letter and thats it...

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Fhemmmy: 5:52pm On Feb 23, 2015
soji0509:
Gurus in the house : Is there house, what are the differences between the following terms ?
1. Statement of Purpose
2. Statement of Intent
3. Study plan
4. Letter of Explanation.

They appear to be confusing.
My thinking is that is that they are all the same. Even if am wrong the following will be of help to you in my view
http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/kenya/visas/53_1.aspx?lang=eng
http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/nigeria/visas/53_1.aspx?lang=eng
https://www.nairaland.com/962116/travelling-canada-part-3/82 ; post by xtus
https://www.nairaland.com/2035081/travelling-canada-part-7/180;
https://www.nairaland.com/1475467/travelling-canada-part-5/64 ; post by deebla

Don Siga , fhemmmy,Amefrica, Pchax ETC please come to the rescue
Good the 4 majors have been brought in now by providence.

It is all same only grammar differs.... Make sure you detail your reason and emphasize that you will be back to Nigeria upon completion, and make sure that your tie to Nigeria is sound and convincing

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by hayqinsbFX: 5:56pm On Feb 23, 2015
why the emphasis on gtbank account. do you run your savungs account in naija there.
what are the commisions
Siga:

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by standupguy(m): 5:59pm On Feb 23, 2015
Akin26:

450 per person for one room.
There are cheap cities too where you can get 350.
You should factor this in while looking for your choice Institution or program.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by soji0509: 6:05pm On Feb 23, 2015
A million Thanks
Siga:
...^^^Call it what u want... they are all the same... Just write one detailed letter and thats it...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by soji0509: 6:07pm On Feb 23, 2015
Merci Beaucoup.
Fhemmmy:

It is all same only grammar differs.... Make sure you detail your reason and emphasize that you will be back to Nigeria upon completion, and make sure that your tie to Nigeria is sound and convincing
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Moheat(m): 6:23pm On Feb 23, 2015
BizBloke:

Baba, I no be Siga oo. And I've not applied for TRV yet, so I don't have a SOP that addresses your need but I can walk you through.

Cheers.

Thanks bro! I would appreciate if you can walk me through. Here's my email: mosacra882@gmail.com.

(1) (2) (3) ... (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) ... (502)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.