Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,127 members, 7,835,795 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:04 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 7 - Travel (202) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (1156868 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Fhemmmy: 6:25pm On Feb 23, 2015
soji0509:
Merci Beaucoup.

De rien

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 6:26pm On Feb 23, 2015
soji0509:
Gurus in the house : what are the differences between the following terms ?
1. Statement of Purpose (SOP)
2. Statement of Intent (SOI)
3. Study plan (SP)
4. Letter of Explanation (LOE ) not Letter Of Employment in this context

They appear to be confusing.
My thinking is that is that they are all the same. Even if am wrong the following will be of help to you in my view
http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/kenya/visas/53_1.aspx?lang=eng
http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/nigeria/visas/53_1.aspx?lang=eng
https://www.nairaland.com/962116/travelling-canada-part-3/82 ; post by xtus
https://www.nairaland.com/2035081/travelling-canada-part-7/180;
https://www.nairaland.com/1475467/travelling-canada-part-5/64 ; post by deebla

Don Siga , fhemmmy,Amefrica, Pchax ETC please come to the rescue
Good the 4 majors have been brought in now by providence.

Same ish different names, it's just a detailed explanation of what your intentions are, and explains any complexity in your application.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 6:29pm On Feb 23, 2015
So I heard, we wey dey here and still bank with 9ja banks have to go back home for the Bank Verification Number (BVN) ...my GTBank Account is still very much active and I use it (their MasterCard) a lot here, now the deadline is June. Does anyone know what CBN is saying?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by jpepper: 6:39pm On Feb 23, 2015
Hi Everyone

Ok so I have been a silent follower for a while,as I no get anything to contribute. please I need info on Halifax,living expenses,cost of living and all of that. Anyone in the house in/or with info on saint mary's university Halifax?Please share your opinions on your review of the school as I learnt there are some "one classroom" schools there too
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by hayqinsbFX: 6:41pm On Feb 23, 2015
you use the mastercard to make payments and ATM withdrawals?
Amefrica:
So I heard, we wey dey here and still bank with 9ja banks have to go back home for the Bank Verification Number (BVN) ...my GTBank Account is still very much active and I use it (their MasterCard) a lot here, now the deadline is June. Does anyone know what CBN is saying?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 6:44pm On Feb 23, 2015
hayqinsbFX:
you use the mastercard to make payments and ATM withdrawals?

No, I only use it for withdrawals here. My mum and dad make the payments in Nigeria.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by hayqinsbFX: 6:46pm On Feb 23, 2015
it means you dont actually need a dormiciliary aaccount.
what is the commision like?
Amefrica:

No, I only use it for withdrawals here. My mum and dad make the payments in Nigeria.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 6:49pm On Feb 23, 2015
hayqinsbFX:
it means you dont actually need a dormiciliary aaccount.
what is the commision like?

Commission of what?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by standupguy(m): 6:52pm On Feb 23, 2015
Amefrica:

Commission of what?
How much per CAD and atm charge per withdrawal
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 7:00pm On Feb 23, 2015
standupguy:

How much per CAD and atm charge per withdrawal

The rate fluctuates, GTB charges 420 naira, machines here charge $2
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by edwinbiz(m): 7:44pm On Feb 23, 2015
Siga:
[ So oga siga how did you survive.[/b]
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by mrchemist(m): 7:45pm On Feb 23, 2015
Gud Evening All, Pls when is the deadline Submission of Application to scks for Sept intake
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by mrchemist(m): 7:46pm On Feb 23, 2015
Gud Evening All, Pls when is the deadline Submission of Application to scks for Sept intake
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by hayqinsbFX: 7:46pm On Feb 23, 2015
thats much na...you might be constrained to withdrawing in bulk.....what if one operate a dormicilliary account? or isnt there any way to bank and recieve money apart from that.
Amefrica:

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by hayqinsbFX: 7:48pm On Feb 23, 2015
mr chemist...it varies per school....
SIGHS
mrchemist:
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Joe980: 7:51pm On Feb 23, 2015
Amefrica:

Look for TD Bank around you.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Oyeleye2011(m): 7:54pm On Feb 23, 2015
Planting of tree is manpower job in Up North but it is for strong man, though, if can do it, you make more CDN. $20-$25 per hour depend whether it is plain ground or mountain. A lot of student do it during summer.

which one come be planting trees again?[/quote]
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Cally14(f): 8:06pm On Feb 23, 2015
mrchemist:

It depends on the school. Check the school website or contact the school you are interested in.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by jpepper: 8:12pm On Feb 23, 2015
jpepper:
Hi Everyone
Ok so I have been a silent follower for a while,as I no get anything to contribute. please I need info on Halifax,living expenses,cost of living and all of that. Anyone in the house in/or with info on saint mary's university Halifax?Please share your opinions on your review of the school as I learnt there are some "one classroom" schools there too

Would appreciate a response pls,doesn't anyone hav any info pls?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by hayqinsbFX: 8:14pm On Feb 23, 2015
pls is it compulsory to include your degree certificate? will a transcript just suffice?i am yet to recieve my degree certificate.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Oyeleye2011(m): 8:17pm On Feb 23, 2015
Working as a student to sponsor yourself in school in Canada especially in expensive British Colombia is not easy at all. This is not for Pikin, not for even average student in academic, it is for smart student. Though, studying here is so easy for we that will went to public university in Nigeria, when you will have to walk many kilometers for you to see functioning cyber café to do home work or research. we have high level of information technology here to our advantage in school. Not everybody come from rich family who can sponsor them in expensive schools in Canada. some of us has to work in order to pay our tuition fee which is not easy. I will say, it is easy for me to do that because I already know that nobody will send money to me. I make $3000 upward in a month and have little bills to pay because I know I did not come here to live large for now but after study, I know I will live large. Although my people, I must confess, it is not easy combining school with work. I don't have social life. Just studying, working and church activities. For those that are thinking, can I work to pay my tuition fee? I will say yes but you must sacrifice many things to achieve that. God bless us all.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Futurewiser: 8:20pm On Feb 23, 2015
Siga:
... This is what happens when people over analyse Visa apps... there are parents here with 2 to 3 kids and na dem sponsor them here... if u have an doubt... look for a co sponsor join.... Your best sponsor na ur parents...

ok thank you.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 8:39pm On Feb 23, 2015
Joe980:
Look for TD Bank around you.

I have a bank already grin It's even TD, I have been banking with them since I came here, I just still use my Naija account too. smiley
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by hayqinsbFX: 8:48pm On Feb 23, 2015
i guess the TD would be for money made while working in canada while the naja account is for money sent from home....i hop eim right
Amefrica:

I have a bank already grin It's even TD, I have been banking with them since I came here, I just still use my Naija account too. smiley

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Bamz(m): 8:59pm On Feb 23, 2015
jpepper:

Would appreciate a response pls,doesn't anyone hav any info pls?

Hey there,

I've been doing some research on Halifax too. Living there doesn't seem as expensive as popular cities in major provinces I think.

#TeamDalhousie by God's grace.

Check out brochures of schools in NS, you can compare how they outlined their living costs plus they also give an idea of where you can get accommodation listing.
You may start with that of NS Community College (NSCC).

When are you resuming?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 9:00pm On Feb 23, 2015
hayqinsbFX:
i guess the TD would be for money made while working in canada while the naja account is for money sent from home....i hop eim right

Absolutely right! smiley
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Opesyy(m): 9:27pm On Feb 23, 2015
Something is been done about that,all banks are working on it,I will communicate any updates as soon as it been approved.
Amefrica:
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by yyzz: 9:31pm On Feb 23, 2015
Amefrica:

University of Prince Edward Island
wow, are you serious, is it undergraduate??
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by WESTERNCR: 9:32pm On Feb 23, 2015
hello peeps.... please how long does it takes cic to send letter for biometrics after transmission of docs?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Opesyy(m): 9:33pm On Feb 23, 2015
Hello, its good to know that Halifax people are increasing in the house....am already gathering docs for Visa app.

Bamz:

Hey there,

I've been doing some research on Halifax too. Living there doesn't seem as expensive as popular cities in major provinces I think.

Check out brochures of schools in NS, you can compare how they outlined their living costs plus they also give an idea of where you can get accommodation listing.

When are you resuming?

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by jpepper: 10:50pm On Feb 23, 2015
Hey,tnx for responding, am to resume in September by Gods grace,saint marys university. The finance bit is scary though esp wit ds exchange rate issues. I am also a bit skeptical about the school,educational standard nd all.was hoping someone in canada can provide insights
I would appreciate any info from u or anyone else on the province. ,job opportunities etc
[quotes author=Bamz post=31017303]

Hey there,

When are you resuming?

[/quote]
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 11:24pm On Feb 23, 2015
Opesyy:
Something is been done about that,all banks are working on it,I will communicate any updates as soon as it been approved.

Haha better cheesy Thanks man for letting me know! smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) ... (502)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.