Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,153 members, 7,818,487 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:10 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 5 - Travel (65) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 5 (610184 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by britiko: 2:16pm On Nov 01, 2013
coolwaters: @ Britiko,

Thank you for the clarifications.

That means, my sister has to declare in her letter of intent that she is preggy. Thanks all the same.
Mba, rara o, NO! She can't write dat in her letter of intent.
The study permit is to go and study and not to deliver or av a baby. They wld find out naturally during her medics, she can't escape dat.
Assuming she was going to d embassy for interview like d US and dey ask her, its advisable she doesn't lie.
So, its left for u guys to decide.....
She can't apply for study permit with pregnancy. Dey will tell her to reapply after delivery.
But then policies do change...
She can try. I'm not a VO. Just. Advising frm experiences.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by DrJay02(m): 2:41pm On Nov 01, 2013
ChriGo: ....UCI is not same as tracking....Tracking no is given at VFS while the UCI is ur unique app no given by the embassy.....If what u have looks like this 20138844CALASTU0423(dis is just sample biko) then you have ur tracking number....
ChriGo please when is the UCI number issued?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 2:45pm On Nov 01, 2013
LIST OF MEDICAL HOPEFULS (WINTER - JANUARY2014)

1) Olabo_key JUNE 21 Paper route
2)Rilly2000 JULY 8 Paper route
3) Tobst JULY 12 Paper route
4) Huzzie JULY 16 Paper route
5) Onye oma JULY 17 Paper route
6) Chidiadi50 JULY 19 Paper route
7) Anointed111 JULY 26 Paper route
8 ) Padolife JULY 28 Paper route
9) Tkay11 JULY 30 Paper route
10) Chrigo JULY 30 Paper route
11)Rolatims JULY 30 Paper route
12) Papa km JULY 31 Paper route
13) IJESA83 AUGUST 13 Paper route
14) SAP_Latunde AUGUST 14 Paper route
15) Waleswizzy AUGUST 18 Paper route
16) Adim02 AUGUST 19 Paper route
17) Ahmedonia4real AUGUST 19 Paper route
18) Habie AUGUST 21 Paper route
19) Tolyem AUGUST 23 Paper route
20) Miss bon AUGUST 25 Paper route
21) Sleek5 AUGUST 27 Paper route
22) Humanshado AUGUST 31 Online route
23) Clow SEPTEMBER 3 Paper route
24)Mike SEPTEMBER 6 Online route
25) Greatheights SEPTEMBER 8 online route
26) Equilibrium SEPTEMBER 9 Paper route
27) Ambeyh SEPTEMBER 11 Paper route
28) Kunsoft SEPTEMBER 18 Online route
29) Xtus SEPTEMBER 24 Online route
30) Dr_jay02 SEPTEMBER 24 Paper route
31) Nicemax OCTOBER 1 Online route
32) Anabor OCTOBER 2 Online route
33) Glan OCTOBER 2 Online route
34 ) Abellybaba OCTOBER 7 Online route
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by papakm(m): 3:04pm On Nov 01, 2013
To all medical hopefuls... Next week we be our week... IJN... To all my brothers and sister that got their TRV dis week, I say a big congrats

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by deebla: 3:05pm On Nov 01, 2013
ChriGo: ....Thanks deebla....hope u're Unpertubed? grin.....See you soon in canada......

please o, i no get dico nearby
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by deebla: 3:16pm On Nov 01, 2013
Just a quick one.... Here's the statement of purpose i submitted. I thought it may be a useful format to those who are about applying. It might have its errors but like i said, its just to be used as a format. It's definitely not the best but i believed it would have played a big role in my application. I had no proof of coming back into Naija. No landed property, house docx, nothing, other than stating what i stated in these letter. But i had God sha. Prayer is the key thing

[b]When I ended my secondary education in 2003, electronic payment system was the latest technology to the best of my knowledge as at that time. Though, such technology was not yet available in Nigeria as I learnt from my uncle who has just returned from Germany. I dreamt of this wonderful means of transaction in my country and so much anticipated its arrival.

In 2008, when I was about starting my university degree, I heard about the operation of visa and master cards in Nigerian banks. I was glad to hear about this development being a student studying a degree in Computer with Electronics. But unfortunately, I heard about a bad incidence that had come to place in my 2nd year, due to lapses in the so-called advancement.

One of my classmates told had told me that his sister bought goods worth an equivalent amount of $150CAD online with her MasterCard. Few hours later, she received subsequent debit alerts on her phone till her account read the minimum balance.

Immediately, I recognized the problem was due to lapses in information systems security. I figured that if there had been adequate security put in place, the fraudulent act would not have come to play. That one scenario got my interest in information systems security and how to prevent access to sensitive information by unauthorized persons, including ensuring secured electronic transactions.
Although, I gained considerable IT skills while on placement during my University Degree, I have also since then been highly ambitious and I desired to further pursuit a career path in Information Technology. In pursuing this career path, I developed a personal development plan which enabled me identify my educational needs and set myself certain objectives in this regard.

After my university degree, my father assured me of his support for a master’s degree course of my choice. So I went in search for something that involved information Systems Security.
None of our universities offer a course in the management of information systems security. A course that is very close is Masters in Information Technology at the University of Lagos, which is not core in Information Security.

This prompted me to widen my search to a global terrain where I found a perfect match at the Concordia University College of Alberta, a course called Masters of Information Systems Security Management (MISSM). I have since been working on getting admission into the university and it has now been granted.

After completing my Master’s degree program, I have planned to come back to Nigeria to my family. Also, to invest into any company in Nigeria that is wise enough to recognize my potentials because I will consider myself a great asset with the pool of knowledge and skills I would have acquired. Information in any organization is vital and there is need for it to be guided jealously. My job will be to securely manage and prevent such information against breach and unauthorized access.

Also, my father has registered a business and he is investing in this soon, his recent decision to allow me manage the business when I’m back doubles my employment opportunity when on my return.

In conclusion, I will be glad if I’m given the opportunity to make my dreams come true by granting me visa to acquire these rare knowledge and skill, so I can contribute my quota to securing electronic information in Nigeria.

Yours Sincerely,

……………………………
xxxxxx xxxxxx[/b]

7 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by zico70: 3:30pm On Nov 01, 2013
ChriGo: LIST OF MEDICAL HOPEFULS (WINTER - JANUARY2014)

35)Zico07 august 20 paper route.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by DrJay02(m): 3:31pm On Nov 01, 2013
Please when does one get his UCI code ? I kinda need urgent answers thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 3:33pm On Nov 01, 2013
Can someone pls give me a break down of how to study in Canada. For Undergraduate studies and I'm 17 years.

Thanks in anticipation!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by PlayPays: 3:36pm On Nov 01, 2013
Congrat to all that got their TRV we are waiting for you guys and best of luck to others.
God is our strength.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by PlayPays: 3:39pm On Nov 01, 2013
Dr_Jay02: Please when does one get his UCI code ? I kinda need urgent answers thanks

Comes on ur medical form that will come with ur medical instruction.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by NasdaQ: 3:43pm On Nov 01, 2013
Sup peoples? found this forum some days ago nd been readin up, kinda new to this. First I gotta congratulate those of u dat hav gotten Trv. God is truely not sleepin. @Chrigo I see u mehn, u've been a source of encouragement to alotta peeps includin me, God bless u bro. I applied thru an agent on August 2nd, havnt heard a thing since then. By His grace this comin week we(medical hopefuls) gon get good response

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by DrJay02(m): 3:47pm On Nov 01, 2013
PlayPays:

Comes on ur medical form that will come with ur medical instruction.
those that usually storm the embassy before medicals what personal information does cdhc require of them at the gate?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by SAPLatunde(m): 4:12pm On Nov 01, 2013
ChriGo: LIST OF MEDICAL HOPEFULS (WINTER - JANUARY2014)

It's looking like August applicants and other awaitee are next on the line. I believe Bliss!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by snugle: 4:17pm On Nov 01, 2013
NasdaQ: Sup peoples? found this forum some days ago nd been readin up, kinda new to this. First I gotta congratulate those of u dat hav gotten Trv. God is truely not sleepin. @Chrigo I see u mehn, u've been a source of encouragement to alotta peeps includin me, God bless u bro. I applied thru an agent on August 2nd, havnt heard a thing since then. By His grace this comin week we(medical hopefuls) gon get good response

@Nasdaq we submitted on the same day. Still waiting for the medical calls. Fingers crossed.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by famewo87(f): 4:22pm On Nov 01, 2013
Hello, I read through all posts and comment and was kind of inquisitive, though not planning to travel now but my question is this "Can one be denied Trv after making payment for tution and accommodation?" If YES, then what wld be the next line of action abi money don go be that
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by NasdaQ: 4:23pm On Nov 01, 2013
snugle:

@Nasdaq we submitted on the same day. Still waiting for the medical calls. Fingers crossed.
Oh cool, did u do it on ur own or thru an agent?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by snugle: 4:29pm On Nov 01, 2013
NasdaQ:
Oh cool, did u do it on own or thru an agent?

Submitted by myself. Didnt use an agent.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by NasdaQ: 4:36pm On Nov 01, 2013
snugle:

Submitted by myself. Didnt use an agent.
Its all gud bro/sis(not sure which u r) we gon be singin "I don port" real soon
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by snugle: 4:45pm On Nov 01, 2013
NasdaQ:
Its all gud bro/sis(not sure which u r) we gon be singin "I don port" real soon

Its BRO. What school?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by PlayPays: 4:45pm On Nov 01, 2013
Dr_Jay02:
those that usually storm the embassy before medicals what personal information does cdhc require of them at the gate?

Just fill ur little details. Usually; passport number, DOB, date of submission, reason for inquiry.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by PlayPays: 4:47pm On Nov 01, 2013
famewo87: Hello, I read through all posts and comment and was kind of inquisitive, though not planning to travel now but my question is this "Can one be denied Trv after making payment for tution and accommodation?" If YES, then what wld be the next line of action abi money don go be that

Refundable!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by NasdaQ: 4:49pm On Nov 01, 2013
snugle:

Its BRO. What school?
Fanshawe, U?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by habie(f): 4:57pm On Nov 01, 2013
Finally my TRV arrived grin
Submitted paper route
Submission: August 22
Medical Instruction: October 11
Medical concluded: October 21
TRV received: Nov 1st.
Glory be to Almighty Allah, thanks y'all n I pray all awaiting medical and TRV hopeful get theirs soon.

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by snugle: 4:59pm On Nov 01, 2013
habie: Finally my TRV arrived grin
Submitted paper route
Glory be to Almight Allah, thanks y'all n I pray all awaiting medical and TRV hopeful get theirs soon.

Congrats, @habie. You are the fastest paper applicant to get their TRV. Nice one...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by habie(f): 5:02pm On Nov 01, 2013
snugle:

Congrats, @habie. You are the fastest paper applicant to get their TRV. Nice one...
Seems so, thanks I appreciate. Insha Allah he will perfect ur's too.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Siga: 5:11pm On Nov 01, 2013
habie...Congrats
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by tolyem(m): 5:21pm On Nov 01, 2013
Congrats Madam,

Chai!!!!!! Your name is immediately before mine on the medical hopeful list, why you no tell me say make I follow you do the medical? I double tap from your fast track blessing.lol!

Submitted paper route
Glory be to Almighty Allah, thanks y'all n I pray all awaiting medical and TRV hopeful get theirs soon.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by zico70: 5:25pm On Nov 01, 2013
@Chrigo add me to the list of medical awaitees,mine is august 20 paper route
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by habie(f): 5:26pm On Nov 01, 2013
Siga: habie...Congrats
Thanks Oga Siga I really do appreciate.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by habie(f): 5:29pm On Nov 01, 2013
tolyem: Congrats Madam,

Chai!!!!!! Your name is immediately before mine on the medical hopeful list, why you no tell me say make I follow you do the medical? I double tap from your fast track blessing.lol!

@tolyem don't worry ur medicals is nextweek Insha Allah. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by NasdaQ: 5:33pm On Nov 01, 2013
Submitted paper route
Congrats!

(1) (2) (3) ... (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) ... (501)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. / QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.