Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,727 members, 7,831,307 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:51 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 7 - Travel (252) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (1154887 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by pickcalmkris: 7:09pm On Mar 14, 2015
lilspiceyy:

@pickcalmkris, wen reapplying include yur Employment details eg yur employment letter,work ID,intro letter and study leave letter to tackle the issue of Employment situation. For dat of insufficient funds u didn't state the total balance of yur sponsor's SOA and yours too and you have to work on your SOP too. Lastly, to tackle the issue of personal assets and financial status make sure u add a land doc bt if u don't have then shares, investment or pension statement wld cover for that. I stand to be corrected.

Thanks to Lilspiceyy and Hayqins...But i dont work,i only assist my Uncle who is my sponsor to run his business...like,when he lifts products from the refinery,i personally sometimes go with the Tanker drivers to fill the tankers from the refinery(Depot),and do some calculation works..i was assisting my uncle...so,i dont have an employment letter or can get a study leave or so....any alternatives pls,in regards to the employment prospects..please,i still need the house help...Thank you all...also while i was applying the last time i added the introduction letter from my sponsor isn't that also sponsorship declaration ?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by CCsurplus007(m): 7:34pm On Mar 14, 2015
Hi all! I have an admit for Msc in Materials Engineering , Mcgill University. Please If anyone has gotten admission to mcgill for fall 2015 kindly signify I need to clarify some issues asap. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by hayqinsbFX: 7:41pm On Mar 14, 2015
na naija mouth explanaton dey take us everywhere......
these guys need documentations for any stance you seem to claim.
i dont know if you explain these in your SOP with God its possible it helps.
is the course youre going for related to what you do with your uncle?
letter of introduction from sponsor isnt sponsorship declaration.
pickcalmkris:

Thanks to Lilspiceyy and Hayqins...But i dont work,i only assist my Uncle who is my sponsor to run his business...like,when he lifts products from the refinery,i personally sometimes go with the Tanker drivers to fill the tankers from the refinery(Depot),and do some calculation works..i was assisting my uncle...so,i dont have an employment letter or can get a study leave or so....any alternatives pls,in regards to the employment prospects..please,i still need the house help...Thank you all...also while i was applying the last time i added the introduction letter from my sponsor isn't that also sponsorship declaration ?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by hayqinsbFX: 7:53pm On Mar 14, 2015
you can you the online pdf compressor.
but this trick has worked fine as i compile my application.
1) scan the document and save as jpeg
2) since its an image file i screenshot it with my phone to make it smaller, or i use it as my bbm DP then i save an image as small as 10kb
3) i input the compressed image into microsoft word, arrange and label them with the rigth caption accordingly.
4) then i convert the microsoft word file into a small pdf file using the online pdf merger software
bighead1:

Bro use an online PDF compressor

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by edwinbiz(m): 7:55pm On Mar 14, 2015
ferdimako:

English is bad...that reminds me of home tilesgrin
Lol :-)
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by countsparrow: 8:16pm On Mar 14, 2015
Please house dis places is my first time posting on ere..I have a question I will like answered for me...

I applied for a uk study visa last yr but it was denied, now I am applying for a Canadian study visa, but on d form to be submitted, there is a question that asks if you have been rejected a visa, permit, or deported from Canada or any other country... what should I fill there since I have been rejected once and my passport stamped by d uk visa office...

Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 8:16pm On Mar 14, 2015
justicia:
Hello House. Pls can someone point me to an app I ccan use to compress my files. They are larger 4MB. I knw someone mentioned somethn like that here b4. Thanks!
u can use d online pdf compressor
www.smallpdf.com/compress-pdf
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 8:24pm On Mar 14, 2015
countsparrow:
Please house dis places is my first time posting on ere..I have a question I will like answered for me...

I applied for a uk study visa last yr but it was denied, now I am applying for a Canadian study visa, but on d form to be submitted, there is a question that asks if you have been rejected a visa, permit, or deported from Canada or any other country... what should I fill there since I have been rejected once and my passport stamped by d uk visa office...

Thanks
bros, tick yes n give d details
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by countsparrow: 8:28pm On Mar 14, 2015
bc2015:

bros, tick yes n give d details

Thanks, I told d guy in charge(agent), he told me it doesn't matter, but I was kind of concerned, that is y I brought it up ere...

Now d form has been validated but not submitted, is der any way I can correct this

Thanks for ur anticipated answer
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by KELVIN086: 8:47pm On Mar 14, 2015
Onyeoma3:

Apply for an M. Eng program (hopefully, you should get admitted), the moment you arrive at Canada, pick up your phone and start calling all those supervisors you want to work with (this time around, telling them with confidence: Good Morning Prof, My name is Kelvin calling from University of Manitoba (for instance), I wish to inquire about your ongoing research projects cos ayam interested in working with you), my brother, you'll actually confirm the difference yourself between calling them from naija and while in Canada.... The rest will be history before you call up to 5 professors or 10 max.

All you will then need to do is to finalize arrangements for with the prof on how to come over to start working with him (it could be in your school or in any other school in Canada).... Shikenah

oga thank you very much for this advice

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by pickcalmkris: 8:53pm On Mar 14, 2015
@Hayqinbfx...i think i need to work on my letter of intent to explain all that better...yes it is related to what i do for my Uncle...its Business Administration
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 9:02pm On Mar 14, 2015
countsparrow:

Thanks, I told d guy in charge(agent), he told me it doesn't matter, but I was kind of concerned, that is y I brought it up ere...

Now d form has been validated but not submitted, is der any way I can correct this

Thanks for ur anticipated answer
yeah. go back to d pdf, make d changes and click validate. Then reprint or save as d case may be
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by hayqinsbFX: 9:27pm On Mar 14, 2015
thanks a bunch....eye opener..
Onyeoma3:

You're welcome.

http://www.conferenceboard.ca/infographics/skills-gap-info.aspx

For your perusal sir... For Ontario province though

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Pyroxene: 10:16pm On Mar 14, 2015
Bro did u say u got admission without paying application fee?
Dapsey66:
>> I guess that depends but I believe Centennial College has more ratings than Conestoga. Not many people will agree with this but that is by the way. I did not have to pay the $95 application fee. Serli said there was no need. I got my admission after a week though and paid upfront school fees.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Ugochux(m): 11:06pm On Mar 14, 2015
[quote author=vicarsenal post=31573885] mizIvy and boltemiCheck your mails. SOP. quote]

Good da, can I have it too?tnx
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Ugochux(m): 11:13pm On Mar 14, 2015
Good day e-fam... Pls cn someone help me with a 'link' on how to apply via paper route..thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by marcuskens: 11:31pm On Mar 14, 2015
http://www.compress-pdf.co.uk/ very effective and works like magic!

justicia:
Hello House. Pls can someone point me to an app I ccan use to compress my files. They are larger 4MB. I knw someone mentioned somethn like that here b4. Thanks!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Vycta(m): 1:04am On Mar 15, 2015
einsteino:
has anyone heard from uni of manitoba for fall 2015?

Well my app jus moved to 'review in graduate studies' and from what I read on their site this means the dept has given admission and its left for them to finalize... This will take another two weeks or so. Am for computer science
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by kol1234: 1:52am On Mar 15, 2015
Good people

I just got my admission status being yes and also got Funding, I would like to ask if applying in April is not too late for study permit in canada for fall 2015(september 2).

Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Mzzdorah(f): 4:28am On Mar 15, 2015
Morning to everyone here...kudos to y'll
Thou it my first time of posting here.
Pls I need you guys to give me list of schools
That gives admission without TOEFL thou av applied to Regina but Pls I still need to apply to other schools. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by tnuola(f): 5:10am On Mar 15, 2015
kol1234:
Good people

I just got my admission status being yes and also got Funding, I would like to ask if applying in April is not too late for study permit in canada for fall 2015(september 2).

Thanks

Its not too late atall. Congrats and all the best.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by donhuko: 6:07am On Mar 15, 2015
Good day house. I've submitted my online application and paid the application fee for M. Eng Electrical and Computer Engineering University of Toronto. I have B.Eng Elect Engineering (cgpa 4.57) Pls, I need someone to help me with a summary of their admission and selection process. Is there going to be an interview or any other form of assessment?? Also, can I get admitted prior to their receipt of my official transcripts (in paper form), though I've uploaded a scanned copy on the application portal. Thanks for your response and assistance.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by einsteino(m): 6:29am On Mar 15, 2015
Vycta:

Well my app jus moved to 'review in graduate studies' and from what I read on their site this means the dept has given admission and its left for them to finalize... This will take another two weeks or so. Am for computer science

wow congrats! mine is still under review in department. one of my referee submitted his recommendation 9days later than the application deadline, i hope that isn't going to mar my chances. Am for civil Engr (M.Engr), how long did it take your dept to review your app?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by einsteino(m): 6:39am On Mar 15, 2015
Mzzdorah:
Morning to everyone here...kudos to y'll
Thou it my first time of posting here.
Pls I need you guys to give me list of schools
That gives admission without TOEFL thou av applied to Regina but Pls I still need to apply to other schools. Thanks

Many canadian universities exempt Nigerians or those who schooled in Nigeria.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Dapsey66: 7:35am On Mar 15, 2015
Pyroxene:
Bro did u say u got admission without paying application fee?
>> Yes I did get the admission without paying the application fee. (Centennial College)
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 8:48am On Mar 15, 2015
kol1234:
Good people

Thanks

Wow..Top guy
Isnt too late to apply surely
Will be applying same month too..
Msc or Phd? and which discipline?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 9:04am On Mar 15, 2015
donhuko:
Good day house. I've submitted my online application and paid the application fee for M. Eng Electrical and Computer Engineering University of Toronto. I have B.Eng Elect Engineering (cgpa 4.57) Pls, I need someone to help me with a summary of their admission and selection process. Is there going to be an interview or any other form of assessment?? Also, can I get admitted prior to their receipt of my official transcripts (in paper form), though I've uploaded a scanned copy on the application portal. Thanks for your response and assistance.

Usually, there is an admission review committee to see if an applicant meets the University's minimum entry requirements e.g GPA(3.00/4.00), GRE/Toefl, GMAT..if such applicant meets the requirements then the application is forwarded to the department for review and consideration (Usually for MSC, They look at the intended research in light of the department's available funds, supervisor, Transcripts and recommendations) but in your case I believe your SOP, Recommendations and transcript should do.
Usually too there is no interview for Masters Applicants..Most interviews from Toronto were for doctoral applicants so you may not need to bother abt that.
An offer of admission will be made, but formal acceptance will only the given after you have had your Official sealed transcript sent to them..The one you uploaded should be enough for now..
Kep in Mind you applied to the best Uni (By QS ranking) in canada, so kep the faith, as admission is crazy competitive.
All d best..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by PeteObaz(m): 10:17am On Mar 15, 2015
kol1234:
Good people

Thanks
Please wat course and school did u apply for?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by PeteObaz(m): 10:19am On Mar 15, 2015
CCsurplus007:
Hi all! I have an admit for Msc in Materials Engineering , Mcgill University. Please If anyone has gotten admission to mcgill for fall 2015 kindly signify I need to clarify some issues asap. Thanks
Wow congrats..research based?..do u av any work experience?..pls update us on ur cgpa nd stuff..wuld luv to know if i could get into the school too
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by defem15: 10:53am On Mar 15, 2015
pls i want to make enquiry about getting an admission in canadian schools.. probably the cheapest ones.. thank you
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by soji0509: 11:29am On Mar 15, 2015
You are making it unnecessarily difficult because you have not bothered to read back from here to earlier post. I fear unless you read back as far back as Part 5 you may not do it very right. Please don't be lazy (No insult is intended ) you case is very good. Read back please and you will be at peace with yourself for the very best.
Now Note
Your uncle cannot engage in that business without him having a correct certificate of registration with CAC (corperate Affairs Commission).
He only need to formalise all the assistance you have been rendering him for which you were being paid by :
1. Getting a letter head with the name of the company on it with the details of the RC number .
2. Issue you the letter of employment to the date you started assisting him. Finish !
You have a good balance in your account , I want to assume the flow is fine too.
You may need a co-sponsor to package your application with very well.
Your uncle may serve this for you and in this case all the required documents have been discussed in the past on this thread.
He can even issue you a leave letter if what you are going for can be seen as something that will further his business on way or the other.
Read my recent post on how to use google.com to quickly find whatever you are looking for on this thread.
Full details on Sample SOP, letter of sponsorship by a company or an individual etc
Experienced people will not be coming here to repeat themselves always when its only required of us to just read back.
No one is being paid to be here and everyone is busy. All your questions have been answered before.
Do the needful, it will save you time . Good luck

pickcalmkris:

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by CCsurplus007(m): 12:12pm On Mar 15, 2015
PeteObaz:

Wow congrats..research based?..do u av any work experience?..pls update us on ur cgpa nd stuff..wuld luv to know if i could get into the school too

Yes research based. I had a first class in Mining/ Mineral Engineering. No much work experience, I work as a graduate assistant in one of the federal universities. Though I wasnt given any funding as all funding has been assigned , I knew the admission was over sure as I had a good rapport with my supervisor. In one of his mail he even reminded me of the deadline..lol. so I guess you should contact pontential supervisors much earlier. Once he is interested in taking you it doesnt matter if you dint have a first class n all

(1) (2) (3) ... (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) ... (502)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.