Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,617 members, 7,813,030 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:03 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 7 - Travel (258) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (1149352 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (255) (256) (257) (258) (259) (260) (261) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 5:30am On Mar 18, 2015
Congratz on ur admission to nscc u can reach me on joseph.nwokolo@yahoo.com so we can relate well heading der to as welll.
testional:
. Congratulation!!on your admission to NSCC, please am interested in enrol in diploma program in that school but I don't no how to go about it. Pls. What document did you submit and how did u went about it. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 5:36am On Mar 18, 2015
ollbetties:
SPRING/SUMMER- 2015
1. edwinbiz: nov 26, uni of regina, Ug, paper,
TRV
1a. checkyink: January 12: UniofRegina: PhD:
paper; TRV
2. DoveGrace: Jan 13 Conestoga College, pgd,
Online, Delayed
3. misszionboo: Jan 28 Niagara college. Pg.
online, TRV
4. obig: feb 6, paper route Centennial college
graduate diploma
5. Ollbetties: Feb 23,Niagara College.Pg.Paper

FALL - 2015
1. Bobola86; Jan 30, Concordia University
College of Alberta, online, PG TRV
2. Pmiller1:Feb 17, Sask Poly. Dip. Online.
3. Uchetorial: Feb 17 Sask Poly,PG -Paper Route
4. Ohammed199: Mar 06, University of
Manitoba, Online, UG
5. Marcuskens: Mar 08, MUN, Online
6.joeyf: Feb 26, NSCC, DIP,Online TRV
7.CruzAj: Feb 19, NSCC, Pgd, paper
8. yreg: Mar 02, MUN, Pgd, Online
9. dapsey66: Mar 10, Centennial college, PGD, Online.

If you have admission and have applied for TRV
Please provide the following information
**Submission date**Institution*
**Mode of submission: Online/Paper
**level of study
BEST WISHES[/b]
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by kfrosh: 5:48am On Mar 18, 2015
She does not use ATM cards and Fanshawe college only accepts wire transfer.
Jakay:
If the school accepts payments via wire transfer, you should try First Bank. Did a wire transfer through them and it got to MUN within 48 hours. If they accept Mastercard for payments asides application fees (some schools don't), then use the Naira Mastercard, it should work just fine, and it would cost you less than wire transfer.
ManTiger:

Pay via visa or mastercard. It will be credited to your account immediately.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by hayqinsbFX: 6:03am On Mar 18, 2015
And i just said they shouldnt be provided. okay

guys should try to read back the timelines they have lost track on before they pick a post and quote.
i know i didnt come here to preach "statin networth" someone asked how he could do his and i told him how to.
so i dont know who is confusing who with your post.
yregs:

Bros, pls dont confuse people here. Check CIC website. It is clearly stated there. Statement of account of you and sponsor should be provided.

Here is the list:
. Proof of financial support
You must prove that you can support yourself and the family members who accompany you while you are in Canada. You can prove that you have sufficient funds to support yourself in Canada by showing some of the following:

proof of a Canadian bank account in your name if money has been transferred to Canada;
proof of a student/education loan from a financial institution;
your bank statements for the past four months;
a bank draft in convertible currency;
proof of payment of tuition and accommodation fees;
a letter from the person or institution providing you with money; and
proof of funding paid from within Canada if you have a scholarship or are in a Canadian-funded educational program.

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Oyeleye2011(m): 6:16am On Mar 18, 2015
diamondsare4eva:

@Oyeleye2011, please which school accepts Nabtec. Which school are you
Okanagan College.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by MrsM: 6:22am On Mar 18, 2015
Hello everyone! I have a question. Is it possible to do a pgd and immediately afterwards go for Msc? Has anyone done this before? Is it feasible? Please i'll appreciate sure answers. Thanks in advance!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by hayqinsbFX: 6:26am On Mar 18, 2015
very feasible
MrsM:
Hello everyone! I have a question. Is it possible to do a pgd and immediately afterwards go for Msc? Has anyone done this before? Is it feasible? Please i'll appreciate sure answers. Thanks in advance!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by emperoracro(m): 6:27am On Mar 18, 2015
kfrosh:
I need your help guys; what's the fastest route in which one can pay his tuition in a Canadian school. I have to pay my part tuition to Fanshawe college before 30th of this month and the bank(Zenith) my mum wants to use is telling her it will take minimum of 1 week to process. I might not be able to meet the deadline if I go tru this process . Any immediate response would be appreciated.
Go to access bank open a domiciliary acct n do ur transfer takes abt two days, or request for their form M services.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by emperoracro(m): 6:34am On Mar 18, 2015
MrsM:
Should be, read a similar case some pages back, all u av to do is secure d masters admission, notify cic for visa extension but i tink there is a time frame, should b on their website. Its feasible.
(Yh u must apply for d extension bfor ur visa expires)
check here:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/study-extend.asp
". If you want to extend your stay in Canada as a student, you must
complete the Application to Change Conditions or Extend Your
Stay in Canada. Check the expiry date on your study permit, and
make sure you apply before that date. You should apply for
renewal at least 30 days before your current permit expires.
Note: Children who are less than 17 years of age and studying in
Canada without a parent or legal guardian must complete and
include the Custodianship declaration (IMM 5646) with their study
permit application. See the Instructions Guide (IMM 5552) for
more information. "
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by hayqinsbFX: 6:38am On Mar 18, 2015
with the the rate f USD now ..... thats a scary move...kinda scared to pay my fees sef....
is it possible the school makes the deduction from your nigerian savings account.?
emperoracro:

Go to access bank open a domiciliary acct n do ur transfer takes abt two days, or request for their form M services.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by emperoracro(m): 6:47am On Mar 18, 2015
hayqinsbFX:
with the the rate f USD now ..... thats a scary move...kinda scared to pay my fees sef....
is it possible the school makes the deduction from your nigerian savings account.?
And what's your suggestion sire?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by hayqinsbFX: 6:50am On Mar 18, 2015
im also looking for the best method to pay the fees
if theres no option cos of time the dorm account is the fastest.
im just asking if its possible for it to be done through the nigerian savings account usng the mastercard if theres time
emperoracro:

And what's your suggestion sire?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by MrsM: 6:59am On Mar 18, 2015
Thanks so much for this info! God bless you. However my main concern is my first degree was a 2.2 and i know canadian schools only accept 2.1 for masters hence my pgd..if I do a 1year pgd course and get good grades...i will be able to get an msc admission right?
emperoracro:

Should be, read a similar case some pages back, all u av to do is secure d masters admission, notify cic for visa extension but i tink there is a time frame, should b on their website. Its feasible.
(Yh u must apply for d extension bfor ur visa expires)
check here:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/study-extend.asp
". If you want to extend your stay in Canada as a student, you must
complete the Application to Change Conditions or Extend Your
Stay in Canada. Check the expiry date on your study permit, and
make sure you apply before that date. You should apply for
renewal at least 30 days before your current permit expires.
Note: Children who are less than 17 years of age and studying in
Canada without a parent or legal guardian must complete and
include the Custodianship declaration (IMM 5646) with their study
permit application. See the Instructions Guide (IMM 5552) for
more information. "
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by tyraSmith005(f): 7:27am On Mar 18, 2015
Would advise u start the wire transfer process now and mail your admin officer about the development.
Using a dorm acct is actually fast but it's goin 2b very expensive now cos of the exchange rate and you have 2buy us dollars from the blackmarket.
Try firstbank wire transfer process if u have your documents... Start 2dai
kfrosh:

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Bamz(m): 7:35am On Mar 18, 2015
tyraSmith005:
Would advise u start the wire transfer process now and mail your admin officer about the development.
Using a dorm acct is actually fast but it's goin 2b very expensive now cos of the exchange rate and you have 2buy us dollars from the blackmarket.
Try firstbank wire transfer process if u have your documents... Start 2dai

Welcome Tyra. 2 posts and you've been quite helpful. Big ups!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by emperoracro(m): 7:40am On Mar 18, 2015
MrsM:
Thanks so much for this info! God bless you. However my main concern is my first degree was a 2.2 and i know canadian schools only accept 2.1 for masters hence my pgd..if I do a 1year pgd course and get good grades...i will be able to get an msc admission right?
Sure ma'am
But u have to b fast abt gaining admission for masters, so ur permit wud still b valid wen u apply.

So go for d pgd, apply for masters wen u ar about rounding up, get admitted and den apply for extension

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by tyraSmith005(f): 7:43am On Mar 18, 2015
wink
Bamz:

Welcome Tyra. 2 posts and you've been quite helpful. Big ups!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by emperoracro(m): 7:44am On Mar 18, 2015
hayqinsbFX:
im also looking for the best method to pay the fees
if theres no option cos of time the dorm account is the fastest.
im just asking if its possible for it to be done through the nigerian savings account usng the mastercard if theres time
Most schools have started rejecting card payments especially from Nija, so we ar left wt bank wire transfer. Let d person try accessbank Form M, dey charge less than 2% of the amount u ar sending,its better than dorm transfer
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by hayqinsbFX: 7:46am On Mar 18, 2015
i operate gt bank, would inquire about the wire transfer feasibility
thanks
emperoracro:

Most schools have started rejecting card payments especially from Nija, so we ar left wt bank wire transfer. Let d person try accessbank Form M, dey charge less than 2% of the amount u ar sending,its better than dorm transfer
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by emperoracro(m): 7:48am On Mar 18, 2015
kfrosh:
Go to accessbank and demand for Form M, check d terms n c n see if it ok for u. Wanted to use it a while ago but didn't, i used dorm cos d mone i was sendin wasnt much.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by emperoracro(m): 7:54am On Mar 18, 2015
hayqinsbFX:
thanks

Go to access too, request for Form M
Firstbank, i tink dias is called Form A
They will charge you a commission on the transfer, arund 2% but u have to go wt ur admission letter n IDs
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by hayqinsbFX: 8:01am On Mar 18, 2015
okay thanks. even if i don't operate an account with them it would be processed?
how long is the wire done.?
emperoracro:

They will charge you a commission on the transfer, arund 2% but u have to go wt ur admission letter n IDs
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by akanni(m): 8:10am On Mar 18, 2015
emperoracro:

It's actually form A-invisibles, used for remittances such as mortgage, hospital bill,school fees,etc while a form M is visibles i.e payments for export proceeds,etc

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Sholaystar4me(m): 8:48am On Mar 18, 2015
Hi house...have being an active observer for a while now grin. I have a sharp question that requires speedy response, d question goes thus: PLS HOW MANY YEARS/MONTHS IS THE CANADA VISA APPLICATION MEDICAL TEST AT ASAJU MED. CENTRE VALID FOR?

A sharp n speedy response pls
U myt be saving sum1
Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Jengbetiele: 9:11am On Mar 18, 2015
joeyf:
Congratz on ur admission to nscc u can reach me on joseph.nwokolo@yahoo.com so we can relate well heading der to as welll.
Bro you don chop trv?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Padike: 9:19am On Mar 18, 2015
Form A*
hayqinsbFX:
thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by hayqinsbFX: 9:28am On Mar 18, 2015
thanks... how fast is the payment?
Padike:
Form A*

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by lilspiceyy(f): 9:29am On Mar 18, 2015
Gd morning guys, I guess a lot of pple here knows @mrnilobrown, congrats to him cos he got his Australian Visa dis morning grin God always rewards pple with a good heart (cos he helped me a great deal on my app process) I rejoice wit him and believe we (medical awaitees) will share our testimony soonest. Have a nice day y'all. grin

12 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 9:38am On Mar 18, 2015
hayqinsbFX:
If you have a Naira MasterCard and the school accepts online card payments, then yes its possible. If not, you can consider wire transfer.I did a wire transfer from my First Bank account to MUn and I didn't have to buy dollars from the black market, they just debited my account with the dollar equivalent of what i was sending. First Bank charges 30dollars, and the bank at the other end too will remove some charges so you may want to make provisions for that. I have actually used both options to pay admission confirmation fee and tuition deposit respectively.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 9:40am On Mar 18, 2015
[Aquote author=hayqinsbFX post=31736805]thanks... how fast is the payment? [/quote]48 hours
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by hayqinsbFX: 9:42am On Mar 18, 2015
okay, thanks...how fast is the wire transfer
Jakay:
If you have a Naira MasterCard and the school accepts online card payments, then yes its possible. If not, you can consider wire transfer.I did a wire transfer from my First Bank account to MUn and I didn't have to buy dollars from the black market, they just debited my account with the dollar equivalent of what i was sending. First Bank charges 30dollars, and the bank at the other end too will remove some charges so you may want to make provisions for that. I have actually used both options to pay admission confirmation fee and tuition deposit respectively.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by hayqinsbFX: 9:43am On Mar 18, 2015
2days..wow..cool.. thanks...mastercard fit take 5days sef...
Jakay:
[Aquote author=hayqinsbFX post=31736805]thanks... how fast is the payment? 48 hours

(1) (2) (3) ... (255) (256) (257) (258) (259) (260) (261) ... (502)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.