Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,149 members, 7,815,021 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:04 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 7 - Travel (302) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (1149923 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (299) (300) (301) (302) (303) (304) (305) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Omonjoe(m): 10:59am On Apr 05, 2015
Please how did u pay the application fee??
taregs:
hello guys, i applied to conestoga college 25th of march but have not heard from them now, is that how it takes long before a decision is made on my application for admission??
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by taregs: 11:06am On Apr 05, 2015
@Omonjoe i made use of the Western Union Global pay for international student. kindly follow this link and follow the steps as well in it.
http://www.conestogac.on.ca/international/fees/paymentoptions.jsp
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 11:34am On Apr 05, 2015
Hello house. Please recommend a cheap but good school in canada for PGD in electrical and electronics engineering. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 12:16pm On Apr 05, 2015
Hello e-family, I have put the following documents together to submit my application online next week. Please advise if there is anything I have missed.
1. Application for study permit
2. Family information
3. Proof of means of financial support
My Docs
• Letter of introduction from bank.
• Bank statement of salary account (6 months)
• Pay slips (four months)
• Employment letter.
• Pension statement of account.
• Receipt of tuition payment (half of total amount)
Sponsor
• Letter of sponsorship
• Statement of account
• Rent collection receipts
• CSCS Statement of Account
Co-Sponsor
• Letter of sponsorship
• Bank Statement
• Employment certification
• Tax statement
4. Passport
5. Digital Photo
6. Letter of acceptance
7. Evidence of work requirement in study
8. Optional Documents
• Letter of explanation.
• BSc. Statement of Result (Certificate not yet ready even though I graduated about 7 years ago so I’m attaching a copy of my transcript which was certified June 2014).
• Letter of confirmation of appointment, letter of advancement, letter of study leave approval (without pay) & Letter of recommendation from employer.
• Resume.
• NYSC Discharge certificate
• Birth certificate.

I have not opened the online application platform before, however I saw a screenshot posted by somebody in an earlier thread. From there, I noticed that the financial documents will be put into one file and uploaded. Does this apply to the optional documents as well? Somebody with experience should clarify please.
Thanks a zillion for your anticipated kind and insightful response(s).

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by RAFFLAURE: 2:29pm On Apr 05, 2015
Pls I need a help I want to work in canada hw do I go about it kos am dam afraid of this so called Agents around.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 3:02pm On Apr 05, 2015
Joe980:
@JohnDuke259 your employment letter should fly. Do include copy of ID also.

Thanks for your response. I will do that.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by justicia: 3:03pm On Apr 05, 2015
Jakay:
Hello e-family, I have put the following documents together to submit my application online next week. Please advise if there is anything I have missed.
1. Application for study permit
2. Family information
3. Proof of means of financial support
My Docs
• Letter of introduction from bank.
• Bank statement of salary account (6 months)
• Pay slips (four months)
• Employment letter.
• Pension statement of account.
• Receipt of tuition payment (half of total amount)
Sponsor
• Letter of sponsorship
• Statement of account
• Rent collection receipts
• CSCS Statement of Account
Co-Sponsor
• Letter of sponsorship
• Bank Statement
• Employment certification
• Tax statement
4. Passport
5. Digital Photo
6. Letter of acceptance
7. Evidence of work requirement in study
8. Optional Documents
• Letter of explanation.
• BSc. Statement of Result (Certificate not yet ready even though I graduated about 7 years ago so I’m attaching a copy of my transcript which was certified June 2014).
• Letter of confirmation of appointment, letter of advancement, letter of study leave approval (without pay) & Letter of recommendation from employer.
• Resume.
• NYSC Discharge certificate
• Birth certificate.

I have not opened the online application platform before, however I saw a screenshot posted by somebody in an earlier thread. From there, I noticed that the financial documents will be put into one file and uploaded. Does this apply to the optional documents as well? Somebody with experience should clarify please.
Thanks a zillion for your anticipated kind and insightful response(s).
All docs must be in one File, added to the doc actually required. E.g you can add Degree Cert, Transcript etc to your LoA under Letter of Acceptance Upload Tab. Buh Digital Photo and Int'l Passport (travel doc) are uploaded alone under their respective upload tab. Optional docs too must be in one File preferably under LoE Upload tab.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 3:31pm On Apr 05, 2015
checkyink:
As a lecturer, are you signing a bond agreement saying you will come back after your PhD studies, you might need to include the bond agreement doc to help with home-ties.

Thanks for your response. I don't think I will sign bond form this time because I hope to go for training leave without pay.

When I went for my MSc, I signed a bond form and went with pay. I am yet to get my accumulated salaries after over five months of serving the bond and approval by VC for payment.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 3:38pm On Apr 05, 2015
topeakinade:
Please did anyone apply for msc at simon fraser university british columbia for fall semester 2015?
If yes, have u been given any feedback?
Many Thanks
Same here, yet to get back frm them. Learnt frm a graduate student some programme can take upto 4 months after deadline before decisions are made. Anyone applied to MUN (M.A. Economics) pls holla.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 3:38pm On Apr 05, 2015
Anugoson:
@ JohnDuke259....also add Police character certificate...I think you are good to go...Goodluck

Thanks a lot!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by invincible2006: 4:39pm On Apr 05, 2015
Please can I get the police character certificate from the state CID office in my state of origin or do I have to travel to Lagos to get it from the CID headquarters? Please I need an answer Asap...
Anugoson:
@ JohnDuke259....also add Police character certificate...I think you are good to go...Goodluck
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Team12: 5:20pm On Apr 05, 2015
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Moheat(m): 5:25pm On Apr 05, 2015
Hello Fellow NL, I have been trying to pay online with my fidelity bank Mastercard and the payment is not successful. Please what could be responsible? am right on the site
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Pinkygrace(f): 5:40pm On Apr 05, 2015
Bobola86:

Already replied your pm.
Hi I sent you a mail
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 6:08pm On Apr 05, 2015
Pinkygrace:

Hi I sent you a mail
Just replied. Sorry for the delay.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by checkyink(m): 6:47pm On Apr 05, 2015
Oh sorry about that bro, don't sign the bond then or better still resign when you get your visa. does your state govt scholarships have conditions about you coming back after your degree ?

JohnDuke259:

Thanks for your response. I don't think I will sign bond form this time because I hope to go for training leave without pay.

When I went for my MSc, I signed a bond form and went with pay. I am yet to get my accumulated salaries after over five months of serving the bond and approval by VC for payment.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Anugoson(m): 6:49pm On Apr 05, 2015
invincible2006:
Please can I get the police character certificate from the state CID office in my state of origin or do I have to travel to Lagos to get it from the CID headquarters? Please I need an answer Asap...

Bros you have to go Lagos @ Alagbon...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Anugoson(m): 6:55pm On Apr 05, 2015
Any Nairalander in the house that has gotten his/her TRV coming to Conestoga College or Niagara College should pm me...Happy Easter all...Greetings from Maple land!

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 7:50pm On Apr 05, 2015
DPizzy:
Same here, yet to get back frm them. Learnt frm a graduate student some programme can take upto 4 months after deadline before decisions are made. Anyone applied to MUN (M.A. Economics) pls holla.

Present
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 8:22pm On Apr 05, 2015
brandymcmb:

Present
How far bro, any news?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 8:24pm On Apr 05, 2015
RAFFLAURE:
Pls I need a help I want to work in canada hw do I go about it kos am dam afraid of this so called Agents around.
Go to page293 of this tread someone is of help to you there.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 8:39pm On Apr 05, 2015
checkyink:
Oh sorry about that bro, don't sign the bond then or better still resign when you get your visa. does your state govt scholarships have conditions about you coming back after your degree ?

Thank you! My state government has no such condition(s) attached.

Cheers!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by dulux07(m): 8:43pm On Apr 05, 2015
hello guys, please what format should my docs be in, i plan to submit online, thanks guys
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by dulux07(m): 8:45pm On Apr 05, 2015
pls guys how do i submit the application forms online
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by vajayi: 9:28pm On Apr 05, 2015
Anugoson:
Any Nairalander in the house that has gotten his/her TRV coming to Conestoga College or Niagara College should pm me...Happy Easter all...Greetings from Maple land!
@Anugon going to niagara college by may
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Omonjoe(m): 9:31pm On Apr 05, 2015
Happy Easter all! For those in Canada, Pls is tomorrow (Easter Monday) a public holiday there
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by dulux07(m): 9:52pm On Apr 05, 2015
guys pls, i beg, someone should send me an example of his SOP, i ve been rejected once, just want to get everything right this time, pls. email- fems007@yahoo.com
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 9:56pm On Apr 05, 2015
justicia:
All docs must be in one File, added to the doc actually required. E.g you can add Degree Cert, Transcript etc to your LoA under Letter of Acceptance Upload Tab. Buh Digital Photo and Int'l Passport (travel doc) are uploaded alone under their respective upload tab. Optional docs too must be in one File preferably under LoE Upload tab.
Thank you
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by kfrosh: 10:32pm On Apr 05, 2015
Go to part 5 page 72; you will see the step to step process there by great Chrigo grin
dulux07:
pls guys how do i submit the application forms online
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 10:56pm On Apr 05, 2015
taregs:
@Omonjoe i made use of the Western Union Global pay for international student. kindly follow this link and follow the steps as well in it.
http://www.conestogac.on.ca/international/fees/paymentoptions.jsp
please which currency did you select since naira is not amoung the options and which bank did you use, what was the exchange rate like? And how long did it take for it to be received by conestoga college. I intend paying half of my tuition fees at conestogac college, I got admission for pgd course. Waiting for your response
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by dulux07(m): 11:31pm On Apr 05, 2015
kfrosh:
Go to part 5 page 72; you will see the step to step process there by great Chrigo grin

thanks alot man, really appreciate, it was very helpful, but is it a must i convert my files to pdf, cant i just upload in jpeg, or word docx.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 12:25am On Apr 06, 2015
Ornaments:
Goodnews flying here and there! All glory to almighty God for his favour. Today, I got my medical call. I am so happy. The road has been full of suspense,fears and intrigues but its worth it at last. Before I list my doc according to tradition, I must sincerely express my profound gratitude to prof jijola, who put me through the whole process, my one and only Linda, slimdel, optimall, realone, oga justwise, oga siga, oga onyeoma, anugoson and everyother persin wey I no remember. I am so grateful. Words are not enough to express my gratitude. God bless you all for me

Doc submitted
Sop, Loa with full scholarship, 2 reference letters, B.sc result, NYSC result, transcripts, 1 academic journal in related areas delf exam result A1 and A2, certification exams

Proof of finance doc
A well written sponsors letter of support,
Sponsor soa 200k+ opening balance and 1.5m closing balance(5 months)
A bankdraft of 9,000USD( Jijola's idea)
Fees schedule
Letter of conscent from my mum.
Landed properties of my dad and mum
Fasting and prayer

I didn't take anything to court, nothing was notarized. I give all the glory to God.
Thank you everyone! All the medical awaitees, heaven will smile on you soonest in the mighty name of jesus mr jengbetiele, hesque, congrats to us!!!!!!

Congrats dear

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (299) (300) (301) (302) (303) (304) (305) ... (502)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / USA Visit Visa Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.