Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,507 members, 7,816,216 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:50 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 7 - Travel (306) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (1150605 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (303) (304) (305) (306) (307) (308) (309) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by herkenorlar: 5:31pm On Apr 07, 2015
Haustraliah:

Sorry to hear that.
Firstly, how old are you?
What is the level of your previous education and what is the level of course you are applying for?
How much is your tuition fees, accommodation and feedings?
Finally, are you married, or do you have children (Home ties) or some other form of asset (land survey)
lilspiceyy:

No study leave letter (a study leave letter wit pay will serve as home tie) Do u have any landed docs, shares,pension statement or investment cert? Hw good is yur SOP? Did u state u are returning after yur studies? I wld suggest u adjust it then look for someone in d house to help review it.
Use dis as a guideline for yur SOP(i copied it)
"Convince the Visa officer that the sole (not just "primary" purpose of the visit to the Canada is to pursue a program of study
Outline post-graduation plans upon returning to home country
Document family ties, business interests and assets in home country
Discuss job prospects in home country upon completion of Canadian education"

I, m gonna be 31yrs old by June this year, the tution fee in a year is about $8,480, as per accommodation, it varies, not aware for the 2015/2016 academic session, feeding is cheap, I think about 2500 in a year.I'm not married yet. I had B.tech in microbiology but finished with 2.2, and I applied for diploma in environmental technology, it's a 2yrs prog. I included a study leave approval letter, as for landed properties, I just bought 2 plots of land and planning to increase my savings to about 4million naira from the initial 1 million I went wilth, that's it
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by lilspiceyy(f): 5:33pm On Apr 07, 2015
sanpay:
On Sunday was my birthday and just now, I received dat miracle that sounds like a lie. I have bin called For Medical...... this s the best birthday Gift God gave me. Please house U guys should join me and praise God. I applied on the 5th of March. Paper route!
Congrats sanpay, I tap from your testimony. Pls can u list the docs u submitted?

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 6:04pm On Apr 07, 2015
Kirri:
pls ooo my people I need information on cheap universities in canada that offers Msc in SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT,

Thanks in anticipation
There are cheap schools, but the course you indicated is the problem.
I can recommend you MUN. ITS VERY AFFORDABLE,but the course of a thing is just the issue.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 6:11pm On Apr 07, 2015
herkenorlar:

I, m gonna be 31yrs old by June this year, the tution fee in a year is about $8,480, as per accommodation, it varies, not aware for the 2015/2016 academic session, feeding is cheap, I think about 2500 in a year.I'm not married yet. I had B.tech in microbiology but finished with 2.2, and I applied for diploma in environmental technology, it's a 2yrs prog. I included a study leave approval letter, as for landed properties, I just bought 2 plots of land and planning to increase my savings to about 4million naira from the initial 1 million I went wilth, that's it
BEFORE YOU APPLY, I WILL ADVICE YOU GO FOR HIGHER LEVEL OF STUDIES.
WHY DIPLOMA PROGRAM AFTER BSC? IF YOU HAD REALLY WANTED TO COME BACK HOME AFTER STUDIES, YOU WONT HAVE GONE FOR A PROGRAM THAT WILL BE CATEGORICALLY LESS IN RANKING. I BELIEVE THAT THE HIGHER YOUR LEVEL OF STUDIES, THE HIGHER THE LEVEL OF SALARY PAYMENT, OR BETTER JOB OFFER.GO FOR BEST, GO FOR HIGHER COURSE, NOT LOWER.
MY ADVICE IS TO APPLY FOR AT LEAST POST GRADUATE.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 6:16pm On Apr 07, 2015
tosinfemi:
Hi Family,

I have put the following documents together to submit for my online application route next week. Please advise me if there is anything I need to add to the docs.. I applied for Post Graduate in Information Security Management. BTW, I had my MBA in Business Administration Management in 2011.

1. Sponsor Statement of Account (My Brother {6m})
2. Sponsor Letter
3. Sponsor Affidavit of support
4. Letter of Acceptance for the College
5. Receipt showing half payment of tuition paid ($7,100 CAD)
6. BA Transcript
7. BA Certificate
8. Master Transcript (In Business Administration Management)
9. Master Certificate
10. NECO
11. Birth Certificate
12. Statement of Purpose (SOP)
13. Resume
14. Passport (Travel History)
15. Digital Photo.

Thanks in anticipation.
I WILL WANT YOU TO LISTEN CAREFULLY.
YOUR PACKAGE IS VERY FANTASTIC.
GREAT, BUT DO NOT INDICATE ON YOUR APPLICATION THAT YOU ALREADY HAD AN MBA, MBA IS HIGHER THAT A PGD PROGRAM,IT COULD HAVE BEEN BETTER TO APPLY FOR ANOTHER MASTERS PROGRAM THAN PGD.
NEVER APPLY FOR A LOWER PROGRAM, YOU INTENDED PROGRAM MUST BE HIGHER THAT PREVIOUS CERTIFICATE HELP.
THATS JUST THE PHILOSOPHY BEHIND IT.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by herkenorlar: 6:20pm On Apr 07, 2015
Haustraliah:

BEFORE YOU APPLY, I WILL ADVICE YOU GO FOR HIGHER LEVEL OF STUDIES.
WHY DIPLOMA PROGRAM AFTER BSC? IF YOU HAD REALLY WANTED TO COME BACK HOME AFTER STUDIES, YOU WONT HAVE GONE FOR A PROGRAM THAT WILL BE CATEGORICALLY LESS IN RANKING. I BELIEVE THAT THE HIGHER YOUR LEVEL OF STUDIES, THE HIGHER THE LEVEL OF SALARY PAYMENT, OR BETTER JOB OFFER.GO FOR BEST, GO FOR HIGHER COURSE, NOT LOWER.
MY ADVICE IS TO APPLY FOR AT LEAST POST GRADUATE.

I had that in mind, it was not easy for me to get any post graduate program in environmental technology with second class lower division, that was why I went to a diploma prog.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 6:26pm On Apr 07, 2015
TO ME, CANADIAN VISA IS ONE OF THE EASIEST VISA EVER, (with the grace of God)
NO INTERVIEW.
ALL DOCUMENTS ARE TREATED EQUALLY.
THE MISTAKE PEOPLE MADE IS THAT THEY DON'T GO BY THE RULE.
I APPLIED ONCE AND REFUSED.

I APPLIED FOR AUSTRALIA SVP, AND WAS GRANTED.
Here are the Following Rules:
NEVER APPLY FOR A LOWER PROGRAM
AGE MATTERS: 25 ABOVE SHOULD NOT APPLY FOR COLLEGE DIPLOMA. (Dont waste your VISA fee)
ENSURE PROPER FINANCIAL TIES.
INCLUDE ASSET IF ANY, BUT NOT REALLY REQUIRED FOR APPLICANT BELOW 24 YEARS.
TRAVEL HISTORY NOT NECESSARY,JUST A BONUS.
ALWAYS TAKE TIME TO FILL YOUR FORM ACCURATELY.
GOOD AND REASONABLE LETTER OF EXPLANATION.
PRAYERS.
NB. Dont waste money on ant Agent, if you have any question, post it here so we can help.
WITH THIS RULES, I HAVE ASSISTED 4 OF MY FAMILY MEMBERS.
BEST LUCK.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 6:26pm On Apr 07, 2015
Hi dear, so sorry for ur delay. I will suggest you return ur Uncle's $20k and use ur submit ur own naira acct. If you mentioned NYSC in any way, u must add ur employment letter, Letter of Intro from Employer, study leave approval, pay slip etc. I will also advice u use only ur Uncle as ur sponsor because if ur Uncle is so rich and his ur sponsor, den i dont think u ll need another sponspor considering his financial stands. My personal opinion though.

CruzAj:
Here we go;
I applied on the 19th of feb paper route.
Application Refused and dispatched on the 25th of march.
Reasons are;
Pursuant of Section 219 of the Immigration
and Refugee Act, I am not satisfied that you:
-Have sufficient and available resources, without working in Canada, to pay the tuition fees for the course or program of studies that you intend to pursue.
-Have sufficient and available financial resources, without working in Canada, to maintain yourself and any family members who are accompanying you during your proposed period of study.
those re the three places marked.

Documents Submitted:
Sponsor(my uncle with same surname);
-His letter of sponsorship and affidavit of support nitorised in court.
-His recent letter of promotion(works with NNPC)
-4 months e-pay slip
-4 months statement of acc with closing balance of 26.9M and another 4 months dormicilary SOA with closing balance of $30,000USD.
-info page of his international passport
-Scanned copy of his ID card
-2 land properties worth 5 and 10M respectively.

I have a cousin in Canada he supported my app with;
-Letter of Assistance as regards my study
-Scanned copy of his Permanent Residence Card
-scanned copy of his Driving license
-info page of both him and his wife`s intl passport.
-Marriage Certificate.

My cousin`s wife is a Canadian he and his wife signed the letter they gave me, he has a company which he stated in the letter and also the location of the company.

List of my own documents;
-CiC forms and study permit questioneer
-Acceptance letter from Skul
-birth cert
-Certificate of Origin
-SOP
-Waec cert
-degree cert
-police clearance cert
-Transcripts
-Bank statement of $20,000USD
-scanned copy of NYSC ID card

My Uncle paid in $20,000USD in my dorm acc but when i printed it from my mail i submitted it with my app without a bnk stamp on it.
He also stated in his letter that the money will be for my study and other contengencies.
My uncle`s land property certs were photocopy didnt submit original.
I am currently undergoing NYSC and will be through by october. I mentioned it partially in my SOP
Pls house help me review this and advice me on wat to do.Tnx in anticipation

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Waledarep(m): 6:27pm On Apr 07, 2015
sanpay:
On Sunday was my birthday and just now, I received dat miracle that sounds like a lie. I have bin called For Medical...... this s the best birthday Gift God gave me. Please house U guys should join me and praise God. I applied on the 5th of March. Paper route!

Congratulations dear and xoxo happy for you. I can't wait to receive my own Medical mails. I submitted my application on the 3rd of March via paper route and yet to get a response from them.
I just believe all is well and once again Congratullations

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 6:29pm On Apr 07, 2015
herkenorlar:

I had that in mind, it was not easy for me to get any post graduate program in environmental technology with second class lower division, that was why I went to a diploma prog.
Right Now, you have to change and apply for a PGD program.
I will recoment you a school that offers a fantastic PGD program with no application fee.
Google CAMBRIAN COLLEGE IN CANADA.
I think they offer nice courses.
Even though if they dont issue you admission, you got nothing to loss.
Good luck.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by bighead1(m): 6:36pm On Apr 07, 2015
dulux07:
guys pls, i beg, someone should send me an example of his SOP, i ve been rejected once, just want to get everything right this time, pls. email- fems007@yahoo.com

I hope you find the following attachment useful

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Waledarep(m): 6:38pm On Apr 07, 2015
Abeg, who is having contact of any of the VOs ooooo. Make dem no give person hypertension nau. This that person no get any #AlomoToSip while waiting for the medical mails is making the expectation double high.
#BoneFace...

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by tosinfemi: 6:48pm On Apr 07, 2015
@ Haustraliah

Thanks for the advice. What is your email? I'd like to send you my SOP so you can help me to review it too. My email is tosinfemi10@gmail.com. In regards to the course program I applied for.. They didn't stated in the letter of acceptance that it's a post graduate certificate program. They only said Level of study: Post Graduate Program. I only said PG Certificate program because it was stated in the website (Program Type:
Certificate, Graduate) but on my SOP, I said Master Program. I looking forward to hearing from you soon.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 6:56pm On Apr 07, 2015
tosinfemi:
@ Haustraliah

Thanks for the advice. What is your email? I'd like to send you my SOP so you can help me to review it too. My email is tosinfemi10@gmail.com. In regards to the course program I applied for.. They didn't stated in the letter of acceptance that it's a post graduate certificate program. They only said Level of study: Post Graduate Program. I only said PG Certificate program because it was stated in the website (Program Type:
Certificate, Graduate) but on my SOP, I said Master Program. I looking forward to hearing from you soon.
haustraliah@gmail.com
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by tosinfemi: 7:00pm On Apr 07, 2015
@ Haustraliah

Thanks and sent to your email.

God Bless
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 7:00pm On Apr 07, 2015
Hi Tosin, i saw resume in ur list, are you working and did u indicate it in ur application? If yes, i didnt see ur SOA, employment letter, letter of Intro from ur Employer, study leave letter, payslip...also, pls remove any info about ur MBA and ensure the course u are going for is related to ur current employment status. In ur SOP, state the importance of u acquiring a PGD in this course. I wish u d best.

tosinfemi:
Hi Family,

I have put the following documents together to submit for my online application route next week. Please advise me if there is anything I need to add to the docs.. I applied for Post Graduate in Information Security Management. BTW, I had my MBA in Business Administration Management in 2011.

1. Sponsor Statement of Account (My Brother {6m})
2. Sponsor Letter
3. Sponsor Affidavit of support
4. Letter of Acceptance for the College
5. Receipt showing half payment of tuition paid ($7,100 CAD)
6. BA Transcript
7. BA Certificate
8. Master Transcript (In Business Administration Management)
9. Master Certificate
10. NECO
11. Birth Certificate
12. Statement of Purpose (SOP)
13. Resume
14. Passport (Travel History)
15. Digital Photo.

Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 7:03pm On Apr 07, 2015
Also, u must show visa officer ur Sponsor's source of income oooo, which includes his payslip, employment letter, letter of intro from his employer alongside with his SOA

yregs:
Hi Tosin, i saw resume in ur list, are you working and did u indicate it in ur application? If yes, i didnt see ur SOA, employment letter, letter of Intro from ur Employer, study leave letter, payslip...also, pls remove any info about ur MBA and ensure the course u are going for is related to ur current employment status. In ur SOP, state the importance of u acquiring a PGD in this course. I wish u d best.

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by tosinfemi: 7:12pm On Apr 07, 2015
@ yregs,

No I am not working right now. I stated resume which was my (CV) to show my work experience and academic history. I had my BA in Business Administration and MBA in Business Administration Management. The course I'm going for is Information Security Management. They stated on the website Graduate certificate but on the LOA, they stated level of study: Post Graduate Program.

I can forward you my LOA and SOP if I have your email.

Thanks and God bless.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by CoCoLav(f): 7:19pm On Apr 07, 2015
redribs:
Hey, Cocolav! Kepner is right. You pay per semester. I agree that the tuition thing on the website could be rather confusing but that's because it's just an average estimate as they are able to change anytime and it varies for individual students. Check your program requirements to know how long your course will run for. Most masters programs require 30 credits to graduate in UOttawa and you can take up to 15 credits per semester. So it depends on how you wanna spread out your courses. You might also need to know that the minimum is 6 credits per semester (except in the summer). Courses in the summer are very few and tuition for this semester will be charged per registered course (other semesters you pay a fixed tuition for any number of courses you decide to take).

All the best.

Hey, thanks for your reply. My program duration is 4 sessions and its for 2 years. (Although it seems some people finish in 2-3 sessions) My masters is actually by research so I won't be taking many courses, don't know what tuition plan will apply to me and I would really hate to bother my supervisor seeing as he isn't the admission officer. I really need a reply from the school so I can pay up and start the visa process.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by CoCoLav(f): 7:31pm On Apr 07, 2015
@CruzAj I'm really shocked about your delay because your application seems perfect and its how I intend to do mine.

Anyway, have you paid tuition for the school? Did you submit your personal statement of account? Maybe your age might also be a factor because if you are over 25 you shouldn't really be too dependent on family....you should have your personal SOA which you can combine with that of a sponsor. Maybe if you also had a parent bearing same surname as a sponsor it could help.

Just my one kobo.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 7:45pm On Apr 07, 2015
sanpay:
Hey birthmonth mate cheesy congratulations!!!, I tap into ur testimony. mine is next!

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by mimi234: 7:47pm On Apr 07, 2015
Hi all,

I'm currently waiting to obtain my Canadian work permit (I am not in Canada at the moment) - Can you please advise what is the best sites to find work and accommodation (apartments)?

I haven't been to Canada before, I have been researching and I think I will be looking to stay in the Toronto/Mississauga area.

Thanks in advance.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by SeyiMiilan: 7:50pm On Apr 07, 2015
Hello, I have some stupid questions to ask pls, 1) can I apply (online route) on weekends and at nite? 2) I have a Dom account, is it possible I use it to pay my Trv application fee or its compulsory I use my naira account. I would list all my documents tommorrow.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by CruzAj(m): 7:55pm On Apr 07, 2015
Tnx @Cocolav am currently doing my Nysc what employment letter do I get and do I print my Nysc statement of account? I will be 25 this April.Tnx
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by MockinJay(m): 7:58pm On Apr 07, 2015
mimi234:
Hi all,

I'm currently waiting to obtain my Canadian work permit (I am not in Canada at the moment) - Can you please advise what is the best sites to find work and accommodation (apartments)?

I haven't been to Canada before, I have been researching and I think I will be looking to stay in the Toronto/Mississauga area.

Thanks in advance.

http://m.kijiji.ca

http://www.usedtoronto.com/.lite?

Use at your own risk.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by CruzAj(m): 7:59pm On Apr 07, 2015
CruzAj:
Here we go;
I applied on the 19th of feb paper route.
Application Refused and dispatched on the 25th of march.
Reasons are;
Pursuant of Section 219 of the Immigration
and Refugee Act, I am not satisfied that you:
-Have sufficient and available resources, without working in Canada, to pay the tuition fees for the course or program of studies that you intend to pursue.
-Have sufficient and available financial resources, without working in Canada, to maintain yourself and any family members who are accompanying you during your proposed period of study.
those re the three places marked.

Documents Submitted:
Sponsor(my uncle with same surname);
-His letter of sponsorship and affidavit of support nitorised in court.
-His recent letter of promotion(works with NNPC)
-4 months e-pay slip
-4 months statement of acc with closing balance of 26.9M and another 4 months dormicilary SOA with closing balance of $30,000USD.
-info page of his international passport
-Scanned copy of his ID card
-2 land properties worth 5 and 10M respectively.

I have a cousin in Canada he supported my app with;
-Letter of Assistance as regards my study
-Scanned copy of his Permanent Residence Card
-scanned copy of his Driving license
-info page of both him and his wife`s intl passport.
-Marriage Certificate.

My cousin`s wife is a Canadian he and his wife signed the letter they gave me, he has a company which he stated in the letter and also the location of the company.

List of my own documents;
-CiC forms and study permit questioneer
-Acceptance letter from Skul
-birth cert
-Certificate of Origin
-SOP
-Waec cert
-degree cert
-police clearance cert
-Transcripts
-Bank statement of $20,000USD
-scanned copy of NYSC ID card

My Uncle paid in $20,000USD in my dorm acc but when i printed it from my mail i submitted it with my app without a bnk stamp on it.
He also stated in his letter that the money will be for my study and other contengencies.
My uncle`s land property certs were photocopy didnt submit original.
I am currently undergoing NYSC and will be through by october. I mentioned it partially in my SOP
Pls house help me review this and advice me on wat to do.Tnx in anticipation
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by mimi234: 8:05pm On Apr 07, 2015

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by tosol: 8:07pm On Apr 07, 2015
Pls house help!!!! I need adequate info. I would be glad if anybody could help. I obtained a BSc(Ed)(Physics) degree from aa univ in Nigeria. It was a 3yrs direct entry program. Then, I proceeded to a univ in south africa for honours degree (in education). I'm at the same univ now doing my masters. I'm interested in applying for a master's degree in canada and if possible resume this september or next year february. I have no idea of possible cheapest school I can apply to and how to start the whole process. Pllz I need your sugestions.....Many thanks to u all.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Asumns: 8:09pm On Apr 07, 2015
Good day!
What is it about questionnaire and checklist that people are adding to their application? Are they required? if yes, I need their dowdownloading links as I can't find anything like that on their website.
on form IMM1294, where to fill level of study, what to fill by me as I will be going for advanced diploma (no option for advanced diploma and pgd)?
Also, hope going for advanced diploma after bsc. at 30 years of age will not cause delay or deny of visa?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by MockinJay(m): 8:12pm On Apr 07, 2015
tosol:
Pls house help!!!! I need adequate info. I would be glad if anybody could help. I obtained a BSc(Ed)(Physics) degree from aa univ in Nigeria. It was a 3yrs direct entry program. Then, I proceeded to a univ in south africa for honours degree (in education). I'm at the same univ now doing my masters. I'm interested in applying for a master's degree in canada and if possible resume this september or next year february. I have no idea of possible cheapest school I can apply to and how to start the whole process. Pllz I need your sugestions.....Many thanks to u all.

http://www.study-domain.com/list-of-low-tuition-universities-in-canada-for-international-students-with-fees-ranging-from-5000-to-10000/

Bear in mind that Schools with low tuition fee shouldn't lead to low budgeting. Cuz most of these places have high standard of living from house rent to feeding.

Do your currency conversion here

http://themoneyconverter.com/CAD/NGN.aspx

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by MockinJay(m): 8:16pm On Apr 07, 2015
Hey Guys, I'm bothered with this minor..custodian thingy. I'm 19 and the age that requires a custodian in BC is 19.

Should I go ahead making plan for one?

(1) (2) (3) ... (303) (304) (305) (306) (307) (308) (309) ... (502)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / USA Visit Visa Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.