Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,482 members, 7,816,136 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:18 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 7 - Travel (307) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (1150565 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (304) (305) (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by hayqinsbFX: 8:26pm On Apr 07, 2015
At 30...I think adv diploma myt cause a friction.
Asumns:
Good day!
What is it about questionnaire and checklist that people are adding to their application? Are they required? if yes, I need their dowdownloading links as I can't find anything like that on their website.
on form IMM1294, where to fill level of study, what to fill by me as I will be going for advanced diploma (no option for advanced diploma and pgd)?
Also, hope going for advanced diploma after bsc. at 30 years of age will not cause delay or deny of visa?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 8:33pm On Apr 07, 2015
tosol:
Pls house help!!!! I need adequate info. I would be glad if anybody could help. I obtained a BSc(Ed)(Physics) degree from aa univ in Nigeria. It was a 3yrs direct entry program. Then, I proceeded to a univ in south africa for honours degree (in education). I'm at the same univ now doing my masters. I'm interested in applying for a master's degree in canada and if possible resume this september or next year february. I have no idea of possible cheapest school I can apply to and how to start the whole process. Pllz I need your sugestions.....Many thanks to u all.

I believe the gurus will provide more info. I understand Memorial Uni (mun.ca) is quite cheap dunno if they have your course.

Cheers!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by shopaker: 8:47pm On Apr 07, 2015
Hello House,

Please I have some questions.

I have Bsc and masters, am an accountant I want to go for a year course in Canada, strategic management account.
1.After this course can I use the certificate to work there ?
2during my course can my husband come and visit?

Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by tosol: 8:55pm On Apr 07, 2015
MockinJay:

http://www.study-domain.com/list-of-low-tuition-universities-in-canada-for-international-students-with-fees-ranging-from-5000-to-10000/

Bear in mind that Schools with low tuition fee shouldn't lead to low budgeting. Cuz most of these places have high standard of living from house rent to feeding.

Plz whatz the likely estimate for the cheapest possible monthly house rent

Do your currency conversion here

http://themoneyconverter.com/CAD/NGN.aspx
Thanks so much. I'm so grateful. Plz hw easy is it getting a pt job while studying?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 8:56pm On Apr 07, 2015
loladeoye:

Masters or Bsc
its for university One (U1) Undergraduate studies in Computer Science...please someone help me with a sample..ziziwarren@gmail.com

Also, i have a nine years gap in my Education,is there any need to apply?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by CoCoLav(f): 9:01pm On Apr 07, 2015
CruzAj:
Tnx @Cocolav am currently doing my Nysc what employment letter do I get and do I print my Nysc statement of account? I will be 25 this April.Tnx

Try to get a letter from your PPA if it alligns with your proposed course. You can choose to print your NYSC SOA if you wish.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Ayoh05: 9:10pm On Apr 07, 2015
Is there anyone who has applied for the MAEP (Masters of Art in Environmental Policy) at the Memorial University of Newfoundland for September 2015 entry and who has been accepted?

I got an email from the course coordinator notifying me that I had been recommended to the School of Graduate Studies for admission but my problem now is that it is over a week now and my status still says "Application complete"

Does anyone have an idea as to what I could do or when to expect the change in my status from application complete to decision made?

Kindly help all
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by CruzAj(m): 9:11pm On Apr 07, 2015
CoCoLav:

Try to get a letter from your PPA if it alligns with your proposed course. You can choose to print your NYSC SOA if you wish.
@Cocolav Tnx all the same.I appreciate.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by checkyink(m): 9:28pm On Apr 07, 2015
I have a friend who wasn't recommended for admission and was notified of same by the SGS. I think you are in. Just mail the SGS for the decision letter to be sent to you by email. Normally offer letters are sent by post. What are your stats by the way, do you have a masters degree?

Ayoh05:
Is there anyone who has applied for the MAEP (Masters of Art in Environmental Policy) at the Memorial University of Newfoundland for September 2015 entry and who has been accepted?

I got an email from the course coordinator notifying me that I had been recommended to the School of Graduate Studies for admission but my problem now is that it is over a week now and my status still says "Application complete"

Does anyone have an idea as to what I could do or when to expect the change in my status from application complete to decision made?

Kindly help all
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by justicia: 9:43pm On Apr 07, 2015
Ayoh05:

Kindly help all
just calm down. Since you have been recommended, they usually admit. But remember its recommendation for admission, when they admit you, you will be notified and your status will then change. Just chill!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by SeyiMiilan: 10:12pm On Apr 07, 2015
Hello, I have some silly questions to ask pls, 1) can I apply (online route) on weekends and at nite? 2) I have a Dom account, is it possible I use it to pay my Trv application fee or its compulsory I use my naira account. 3) In one of the questionniere forms, there is no. 'College - post graduate diploma' option in the options for level of education(one I got admission for), what shld I feel pls? Shld I select "Others"?. I would list all my documents tommorrow. [/quote]
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 10:13pm On Apr 07, 2015
tosol:
Pls house help!!!! I need adequate info. I would be glad if anybody could help. I obtained a BSc(Ed)(Physics) degree from aa univ in Nigeria. It was a 3yrs direct entry program. Then, I proceeded to a univ in south africa for honours degree (in education). I'm at the same univ now doing my masters. I'm interested in applying for a master's degree in canada and if possible resume this september or next year february. I have no idea of possible cheapest school I can apply to and how to start the whole process. Pllz I need your sugestions.....Many thanks to u all.
Memorial university of newfoundland
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 10:18pm On Apr 07, 2015
SeyiMiilan:
Hello, I have some silly questions to ask pls, 1) can I apply (online route) on weekends and at nite? 2) I have a Dom account, is it possible I use it to pay my Trv application fee or its compulsory I use my naira account. 3) In one of the questionniere forms, there is no. 'College - post graduate diploma' option in the options for level of education(one I got admission for), what shld I feel pls? Shld I select "Others"?. I would list all my documents tommorrow.
Anything online is 24 hours.
Your payment will be transact in equivalence.
Can't answer the last question.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by MockinJay(m): 10:22pm On Apr 07, 2015
tosol:

Thanks so much. I'm so grateful. Plz hw easy is it getting a pt job while studying?

cheesy you've got the wrong guy.

Justwise
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by CruzAj(m): 10:24pm On Apr 07, 2015
darefestus:

That's as good a list of docs as I've seen here to be honest

1). How old are you?
2). Did you say you were travelling with anyone?
3). What is the estimated cost of your tuition?
@darefestus am 24 will be 25 this month, i didnt indicate and i dnt intend travelling with anyone, estimate cost of my tuition for 1 yr is $10,000USD.Duration of my course is 2 yrs, College Diploma. Tnx much.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by CruzAj(m): 10:25pm On Apr 07, 2015
darefestus:

That's as good a list of docs as I've seen here to be honest

1). How old are you?
2). Did you say you were travelling with anyone?
3). What is the estimated cost of your tuition?
@darefestus am 24 will be 25 this month, i didnt indicate and i dnt intend travelling with anyone, estimate cost of my tuition for 1 yr is $10,000USD.Duration of my course is 2 yrs, College Diploma. Tnx much.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by CruzAj(m): 10:31pm On Apr 07, 2015
yregs:
Hi dear, so sorry for ur delay. I will suggest you return ur Uncle's $20k and use ur submit ur own naira acct. If you mentioned NYSC in any way, u must add ur employment letter, Letter of Intro from Employer, study leave approval, pay slip etc. I will also advice u use only ur Uncle as ur sponsor because if ur Uncle is so rich and his ur sponsor, den i dont think u ll need another sponspor considering his financial stands. My personal opinion though.

@yregs are you saying i get a leave letter for myself? Am jst a corper am not working yet.Tnx thou
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Ayoh05: 10:50pm On Apr 07, 2015
@Checkyink, thanks for the suggestion but I don't know if contacting the School of Graduate Studies would be the best option considering that the application status still reads "application complete" meaning the School of Graduate Studies is yet to conclude a final decision in respect of same.

As to my stats, no masters, just an undergraduate degree with few years of work experience approx 2yrs) What I did was to put in energy on my research proposal and packaging of my CV. I also made sure I got excellent reference letters, different from just an everyday reference letter

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Ayoh05: 10:53pm On Apr 07, 2015
justicia:
just calm down. Since you have been recommended, they usually admit. But remember its recommendation for admission, when they admit you, you will be notified and your status will then change. Just chill!

@Justicia, thanks a lot for clearing my doubts as to what further step/steps to take. Did you also apply to MUN and if yes, for what course?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by arifayank: 11:06pm On Apr 07, 2015
anthochie:

Hi...i am an mun applicant...msc computer science (co_route)....i just recieved my conditional letter of acceptance yesterday.....
I just got a conditional admission too but i really dont understand what that mean. Please put more light. Been tryn to get info tho but not yet cleares. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 11:10pm On Apr 07, 2015
Ayoh05:
@Checkyink, thanks for the suggestion but I don't know if contacting the School of Graduate Studies would be the best option considering that the application status still reads "application complete" meaning the School of Graduate Studies is yet to conclude a final decision in respect of same.

As to my stats, no masters, just an undergraduate degree with few years of work experience approx 2yrs) What I did was to put in energy on my research proposal and packaging of my CV. I also made sure I got excellent reference letters, different from just an everyday reference letter

Bro, Chill
They will contact you.
Usually the wait is because they are preparing your offer of admission and making funding decisions so you have nothing to fear.
Within a week from now yoy will get feedback in the mail.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 11:11pm On Apr 07, 2015
arifayank:

I just got a conditional admission too but i really dont understand what that mean. Please put more light. Been tryn to get info tho but not yet cleares. Thanks

Conditional until the receipt of your official transcript.

...Or provided you pass an intermediate course or meet an english language requirement
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 11:15pm On Apr 07, 2015
CruzAj:

Bro, Honestly your docs are intact.
I am having a hard time getting my head arnd reasons for your refusal.
I dont really buy the age thing so long as your study patterns follows a progression, and the money you had available is sufficient for your stay.
Like smone said, add your statement of account tho, I believe it wont make much difference but anything to bulk up your financial standing will do at this junction
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Ayoh05: 11:30pm On Apr 07, 2015
[quote author=darefestus post=32464976]

@Darefestus, thanks a lot. A little bit relieved with your explanations. Let me just chill a bit and then monitor the turn-out of things
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by modskiller(m): 11:45pm On Apr 07, 2015
[size=20pt]is there anyone here who knows how long it takes for University of Manitoba to send/issue an acceptance letter and is it possible to pay part of the tuition when accepted for admission even if the date of resumption is still a bit far ahead.? Thanks in anticipation[/size]
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by arifayank: 12:15am On Apr 08, 2015
darefestus:

Bro, Chill
They will contact you.
Usually the wait is because they are preparing your offer of admission and making funding decisions so you have nothing to fear.
Within a week from now yoy will get feedback in the mail.
thank you dare, mine is to complete some courses but how do i do those courses now that i am not in canada. please i wouldnt mind you sending your number to me in my mail so that we can talk....arif_kolayomi@yahoo.com
given me headache already, thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by redribs(m): 3:36am On Apr 08, 2015
Ok, if you prefer to pay tuition before you apply for visa (I did that too but only because I was refused the first attempt for financial reasons), I suggest you wire the estimate of about 2 semester's worth into your student account with the school. This way, you are showing proof of financial competence for the first year (just my humble opinion). You can do this by first signing into your Uozone account and following the necessary link for int'l students under the "finance and jobs" tab. You will be instructed on how to generate some sort of tuition invoice containing bank details that are needed to do the wire transfer. You can either just take the printed invoice to your bank or you can wire it yourself if your online banking portal permits. If you can be patient enough, you will give about a week or a few days more for the transaction to be fully processed for it to reflect on your UOzone then you can print your financial statement pdf and include in your visa application. If you (and your dad) are as impatient as I was, I guess you can use the telex transfer copies issued by your bank after the funds transfer has been completed. In my opinion, I think you don't need to rush as FALL is still a couple of months away. But it's your choice tho.

Wishing you the very best.

CoCoLav:

Hey, thanks for your reply. My program duration is 4 sessions and its for 2 years. (Although it seems some people finish in 2-3 sessions) My masters is actually by research so I won't be taking many courses, don't know what tuition plan will apply to me and I would really hate to bother my supervisor seeing as he isn't the admission officer. I really need a reply from the school so I can pay up and start the visa process.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by CruzAj(m): 4:00am On Apr 08, 2015
darefestus:

Bro, Honestly your docs are intact.
I am having a hard time getting my head arnd reasons for your refusal.
I dont really buy the age thing so long as your study patterns follows a progression, and the money you had available is sufficient for your stay.
Like smone said, add your statement of account tho, I believe it wont make much difference but anything to bulk up your financial standing will do at this junction
Am confused as well.Tnx thou
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Oladiplenty101(m): 4:52am On Apr 08, 2015
sanpay:
On Sunday was my birthday and just now, I received dat miracle that sounds like a lie. I have bin called For Medical...... this s the best birthday Gift God gave me. Please house U guys should join me and praise God. I applied on the 5th of March. Paper route!
Congratulations! I have rejoiced with you with the whole of my heart bro! As I awaits my own Medical call up too soon! Cus I submitted my own application that same day! Congrats! Congrats!! Congrats!!!!!!!! Lolz IseToluwaTipari

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Asumns: 4:54am On Apr 08, 2015
Morning house!
Pls, how can I sign on my forms (IMM1294 & IMM5645) as I am submitting online?.... is there any other mandatory form for study permit to be included?
I am going for advanced diploma bt i couldn't find this (advanced) among options provided for level of study in IMM1294 Form. Pls which option to choose? I asked this earlier bt no contribution yet. Help!!!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Oladiplenty101(m): 5:13am On Apr 08, 2015
sanpay:
congrats dear. I tap into ur testimony.
Now I have tapped from ur Testimonies too! #Faith

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Cherokee(m): 5:38am On Apr 08, 2015
House,
This is how I plan to arrange & merge my documents.

- Financials 
1. Statement of account (sponsor's) 
2. Letters of sponsorship from sponsors
3. My statement of account 
    - Savings account 
   - Pensions account 
4. Employment letter 
5. Pay Slips (last 3 months)

- Letter of Explanation/Supporting Documents 
1. Statement of purpose 
2. CV 
3. Certifications
4. NYSC discharge certificate
5. Documents of landed properties

- Letter of Acceptance 
1. Letter of Admission 
2. Transcript 
3. Degree certificate 
4. Waec certificate

- Certificate of Acceptance (CAQ)

- Passport Biodata page

- Passport photograph

Please advise, thanks.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (304) (305) (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) ... (502)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / USA Visit Visa Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.