Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,616 members, 7,813,026 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:52 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 7 - Travel (343) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (1149350 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (340) (341) (342) (343) (344) (345) (346) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by luvly3(f): 2:22pm On Apr 22, 2015
Hi guys quick question please, do I need a transit visa if transiting through the UK From Canada? ... Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by nonso213(m): 3:21pm On Apr 22, 2015
Please, can somebody explain to me the meaning of evidence of work requirement in study
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by launrey(m): 3:38pm On Apr 22, 2015
luvly3:
Hi guys quick question please, do I need a transit visa if transiting through the UK From Canada? ... Thanks
i don't think you do. i think transiting through the US is where you will need one. i stand to be corrected though.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by morgan2006(m): 3:48pm On Apr 22, 2015
This question is simply asking if work is compulsory for your program. e.g. if it is a co-op program, then work is compulsory. what school did u apply to and whats course?

nonso213:
Please, can somebody explain to me the meaning of evidence of work requirement in study
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by akanni(m): 4:08pm On Apr 22, 2015
justwise:

Whichever one...you extend it before it expires
Not true justwise, for TRV, depending on where the person is, if he/she plans to travel out of Canada, that is when the TRV comes in and it is expected that the person applies for the TRV before travelling out of Canada, say 2 months before.If you have no plans t leave Canada, don't disturb yourself about renewing the TRV.

Apply for a new temporary resident visa from within Canada
If you are a temporary resident in Canada with valid status (that is, you have a valid study permit or work permit), you can apply for a new temporary resident visa to return to Canada before you leave.

You can apply in Canada if:

you are a legally admitted
student or
foreign worker
in Canada with a Canadian residential address,
your current temporary resident status is still valid, and your existing visa counterfoil is expired or was valid for only one entry, and
you need a new temporary resident visa to return to Canada in the near future.
If this does not apply to you, see our general instructions on how to apply.
[i][/i]

http://www.cic.gc.ca/ENGLISH/visit/cpp-o-apply.asp
tnuola, you are correct, he asked for TRV not Study permit, what Justwise said applies to Study permit and not TRV.

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by justwise(m): 4:13pm On Apr 22, 2015
akanni:

Not true justwise, for TRV, depending on where the person is, if he/she plans to travel out of Canada, that is when the TRV comes in and it si expected that the person applies for the TRV before travelling out of Canada, say 2 months before.
Apply for a new temporary resident visa from within Canada
If you are a temporary resident in Canada with valid status (that is, you have a valid study permit or work permit), you can apply for a new temporary resident visa to return to Canada before you leave.

You can apply in Canada if:

you are a legally admitted
student or
foreign worker
in Canada with a Canadian residential address,
your current temporary resident status is still valid, and your existing visa counterfoil is expired or was valid for only one entry, and
you need a new temporary resident visa to return to Canada in the near future.
If this does not apply to you, see our general instructions on how to apply.
[i][/i]

http://www.cic.gc.ca/ENGLISH/visit/cpp-o-apply.asp
tnuola, you are spot on!

I really don't understand what you are trying to say...can you extend your visa/TRV after it expired?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by akanni(m): 4:18pm On Apr 22, 2015
justwise:

I really don't understand what you are trying to say...can you extend your visa/TRV after it expired?

you can renew after it expires bro, not extend. i added the link from the CIC site.
check renew TRV inside Canada, it is possible as long as your status is still valid i.e your study permit is not expired as a stduent.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by justwise(m): 4:21pm On Apr 22, 2015
akanni:

you can renew after it expires bro, not extend i added the link from the CIC site.
check renew TRV inside Canada, it is possible as long as your status is still valid i.e your study permit is not expired as a stduent.

Renewing and extending are the same thing, there is no difference.

I don't think you read and understood that link hence your post above and it did not mention anywhere in that link that you can renew after it expired
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by TDultimate(m): 4:33pm On Apr 22, 2015
good day guys, if I want to apply for trv with a study leave, will it be compulsory to show payslip and account statement showing monthly salary? to prove that indeed i`m actually working the company. and if im not able to show this, will it reduce my chances of being granted? though ive been able to get the following:
- employment letter
- letter for application for study leave
- letter of study leave approval
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by akanni(m): 4:34pm On Apr 22, 2015
justwise:

Renewing and extending are the same thing, there is no difference.

I don't think you read and understood that link hence your post above and it did not mention anywhere in that link that you can renew after it expired

Emphasis on the bolded "your current temporary resident status is still valid, and your existing visa counterfoil is expired or was valid for only one entry, and
you need a new temporary resident visa to return to Canada in the near future".

Your existing visa counterfoil is expired or valid for only one entry!
Even visit visa for the US, i renewed it after it had expired, why would it be a big deal renewing after expiry really? As long as you are legitimately in Canada, TRV is only meant for re-entry so it really shouldn't be a big call to renew after expiry plainly speaking.

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by justwise(m): 4:49pm On Apr 22, 2015
akanni:

Emphasis on the bolded "your current temporary resident status is still valid, and your existing visa counterfoil is expired or was valid for only one entry, and
you need a new temporary resident visa to return to Canada in the near future".

Your existing visa counterfoil is expired or valid for only one entry!
Even visit visa for the US, i renewed it after it had expired, why would it be a big deal renewing after expiry really? As long as you are legitimately in Canada, TRV is only meant for re-entry so it really shouldn't be a big call to renew after expiry plainly speaking.

Bro you are confusing things here. Nothing like being legitimate when you are holding an expired visa/TRV. In any country the moment your visa expires you becomes an illegal immigrant. Visa extension is done while you still have valid visa in that country else you leave and reapply from your home country.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by akanni(m): 5:12pm On Apr 22, 2015
justwise:
[/b]

Bro you are confusing things here. Nothing like being legitimate when you are holding an expired visa/TRV. In any country the moment your visa expires you becomes an illegal immigrant. Visa extension is done while you still have valid visa in that country else you leave and reapply from your home country.

Justwise, common!
What is the meaning of a TRV in Canada? It allows you to enter Canada right? What is the meaning of a Study permit?
It allows you to study for a program. Imagine you have a study permit for 2 yrs and a TRV for 1 year maybe because your intl passport expires in a year (my case), are you saying because my TRV expires, I am now illegally in Canada even with my study permit?
As long as my study permit is not expired, I can stay for as long as my study permit allows, with expired trv; as long as I do not leave Canada. TRV allows you enter Canada whenever you want to and if you are in Canada with a valid study permit, you can always renew your TRV if you plan on leaving Canada to visit another country as long as your study permit is VALID.
This might not be same for other countries though but we are talking about Canada right? The cic.gc.ca site is self explanatory with regards to renewing the TRV; as long as your study permit is valid, you can always renew your TRV.
Note: this is specific to Canada, other countries only issue you student visa while Canada issues you a study permit after your TRV which could be why you believe you are an illegal immigrant with an expired TRV. If after this I have not been able to convince you, I guess I will have to go for a Phd in communications,hahahahahahahahaha
N.b Apologies for my earlier error on the US visit visa, I applied outside Nigeria after it had expired and it was a visit visa.

8 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by hayqinsbFX: 5:13pm On Apr 22, 2015
When two elephants disagree
The grass suffer....
@justwise @akanni...
The forum is suffering..
Make we move on...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by akanni(m): 5:16pm On Apr 22, 2015
hayqinsbFX:
When two elephants disagree
The grass suffer....
@justwise @akanni...
The forum is suffering..
Make we move on...

We are all learning, justwise made an important point that I did not consider; how visa application works in other countries.However, Canada is unique with regards to the way their student visa works, hence the confusion.There is no problem, i am not commenting on it again, I guess everyone that is affected will do their own investigation and sort hismelf/herself out when the time comes.
when are you coming sef?

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by hayqinsbFX: 5:22pm On Apr 22, 2015
Moving round d same circle is what's happening.
He seem not to agree...
You seem not to agree...
An individual research for any1 concerned wud just b d solution...putting in one hand what has bn put forward by both parties

Na JULY/AuG oo...visa approved mail soonest..
akanni:

We are all learning, justwise made an important point that I did not consider; how visa application works in other countries.However, Canada is unique with regards to the way their student visa works, hence the confusion.There is no problem, i am not commenting on it again, I guess everyone that is affected will do their own investigation and sort hismelf/herself out when the time comes.
when are you coming sef?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by justwise(m): 5:33pm On Apr 22, 2015
akanni:

Justwise, common!
What is the meaning of a TRV in Canada? It allows you to enter Canada right? What is the meaning of a Study permit?
It allows you to study for a program. Imagine you have a study permit for 2 yrs and a TRV for 1 year maybe because your intl passport expires in a year (my case), are you saying because my TRV expires, I am now illegally in Canada even with my study permit?
As long as my study permit is not expired, I can stay for as long as my study permit allows, with expired trv; as long as I do not leave Canada. TRV allows you enter Canada whenever you want to and if you are in Canada with a valid study permit, you can always renew your TRV if you plan on leaving Canada to visit another country as long as your study permit is VALID.
This might not be same for other countries though but we are talking about Canada right? The cic.gc.ca site is self explanatory with regards to renewing the TRV; as long as your study permit is valid, you can always renew your TRV.
Note: this is specific to Canada, other countries only issue you student visa while Canada issues you a study permit after your TRV which could be why you believe you are an illegal immigrant with an expired TRV. If after this I have not been able to convince you, I guess I will have to go for a Phd in communications,hahahahahahahahaha
N.b Apologies for my earlier error on the US visit visa, I applied outside Nigeria after it had expired and it was a visit visa.

You are just a master of confusion and i hope only you believe what you just written.

Whatever you are holding TRV/study visa/work visa...etc ..you are advised to apply for an extension/renew 30days before it expires.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by akanni(m): 5:40pm On Apr 22, 2015
justwise:

You are just a master of confusion and i hope only you believe what you just written.

Whatever you are holding TRV/study visa/work visa...etc ..you are advised to apply for an extension/renew 30days before it expires.
Post link where you got your facts from, at least I backed my opinion based on facts from the CIC website.
I refuse to be drawn into any name calling or negative comment, just post the link where you got your facts from.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by TDultimate(m): 5:45pm On Apr 22, 2015
TDultimate:
good day guys, if I want to apply for trv with a study leave, will it be compulsory to show payslip and account statement showing monthly salary? to prove that indeed i`m actually working the company. and if im not able to show this, will it reduce my chances of being granted? though ive been able to get the following:
- employment letter
- letter for application for study leave
- letter of study leave approval
can somebody please respond to this?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by akanni(m): 5:54pm On Apr 22, 2015
TDultimate:

can somebody please respond to this?

Yes, it's better to get all you can.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by justwise(m): 5:55pm On Apr 22, 2015
justwise:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/study-extend.asp If your study permit has expired, and you have not applied for an extension, you must leave Canada.

akanni:

Post link where you got your facts from, at least I backed my opinion based on facts from the CIC website.
I refuse to be drawn into any name calling or negative comment, just post the link where you got your facts from.

You missed interpreted that link you posted.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by akanni(m): 6:03pm On Apr 22, 2015
justwise:

You missed interpreted that link you posted.

So, how would you interprete the link i sent on renewing your TRV?
On the link you sent, why would i extend my study permit that is still valid?
Let's just stop further exchanges on this topic ok?
thanks and enjoy the rest of your day.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Oyeleye2011(m): 6:06pm On Apr 22, 2015
olaniyisal:
Thank you bro... This information is very good and impressive. I appreciate.

Pls, kindly list all the documents needed if I am to use an individual sponsor.

I am going for graduate program at Concordia university.

Thanks

when you are using individual sponsor, the sponsor should show how he/she is getting his/her money. that is source of income with a valid documents. if the sponsor is working anywhere, he/she should be ready to give you his/her payslips, statement of account, work ID card, evidence of paying tax, sponsor letter, affidavit of support from[b] notary public[/b]. that is all. simple. but if the sponsor own a business or company, it is wise to use his/her personal statement of account and not company statement of account. he/she just need to give you CAC certificate of the business or company, Tax clearance of the company, sponsor letter from the owner of the business, affidavit of support from the business owner by notary public. that is all. simple right. I hope this information will help somebody. God bless you all.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 6:15pm On Apr 22, 2015
Some people often mistaken a VISA (TRV) for a STUDY PERMIT (which serves as a temporary residence permit) on this forum. Individual research is still necessary after getting info from this forum in other not to be mislead. #OkBye

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Oyeleye2011(m): 6:23pm On Apr 22, 2015
akanni:

My two ogas, I hail you sir. there is a joke I use to make with my friend here in Canada. there is what we called Permanent Temporary Residence Visa. That is the beauty of study in Canada. as long as you are still a student, you can keep on renewing your study permit which gives you the opportunity to extend your TRV in Canada. but you must do that before your study permit expired. Once your school still recognized you as a student, they will just issue you letter to submit at cic inorder to renew your study permit. I met a Nigeria guy here in my college, he is in my college for the past 10 years still a student studying 2 years diploma course and he did not have any problem. once his study permit expire, he go to the college for letter that recognize him as student in the college, he submit it on cic, they renew his study permit, with give him the opportunity to extend his TRV. That is the reason why I use to joke with that guy that he is permanent Temporary Residence. LOL.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by akanni(m): 6:27pm On Apr 22, 2015
Additional resource:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=494&t=15

If you leave Canada and want to return, you must have:

a valid passport or travel document;
a valid study permit if you are returning to study in Canada; and
a valid temporary resident visa, if you are a citizen of a country or territory whose citizens require visas in order to enter Canada as visitors.
You must re-apply for a temporary resident visa (commonly known as a visitor visa) if:

your visa has expired; or
your visa was only valid for a single entry to Canada.
Apply at a Canadian visa office located outside Canada, or if you are in Canada and hold a valid study permit or work permit you may apply for a new visa at Case Processing Centre in Ottawa, Ontario.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by akanni(m): 6:30pm On Apr 22, 2015
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 6:35pm On Apr 22, 2015
https://www.gov.uk/transit-visa/visitor-in-transit-visa

check this link...

luvly3:
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by SeyiMiilan: 6:51pm On Apr 22, 2015
Is work essential component of your studies? Yes or No? I chose no, pls am I good to go?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by luvly3(f): 7:05pm On Apr 22, 2015
justwise:
[/b]

Not correct for Canada

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by FP2014: 7:06pm On Apr 22, 2015
Hello All,

Please I need your advice on how to go about with the study permit/visa. I got admission to do MBA in Canada come this September. The funding will be done by a financial institution who has agreed to provide a loan. I have applied for accommodation ahead. Now I am set to apply for the visa/study permit.

Please what are the key documents I should provide and what can I do to ensure the I get a favorable response.

Thank you.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Oyeleye2011(m): 7:08pm On Apr 22, 2015
SeyiMiilan:
Is work essential component of your studies? Yes or No? I chose no, pls am I good to go?
Yes, if your program did not require Co Op.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by luvly3(f): 7:14pm On Apr 22, 2015
akanni:

You are very correct bro, you only need a visa to enter or re enter Canada as long as you have a legal reason to be Canada i. e study permit or work permit no one cares if you have a visa as long as you are not leaving the country...

Visa can't be renewed it can only be re-applied for.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (340) (341) (342) (343) (344) (345) (346) ... (502)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.