Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,644 members, 7,813,163 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:03 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 7 - Travel (345) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (1149397 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (342) (343) (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by justwise(m): 9:30pm On Apr 22, 2015
blessedfavoured:

Exactly the point the other brother is trying to make. As far as being legal in canada is concerned what matters is the study/work permit and not the TRV.
It's funny how y'all have been saying the same thing all this time, but in different ways

They are all saying different things. Your length of stay in Canada will be stated on your study/work permit stamped at POE and not TRV.

TRV allows you to get into Canada to be issued work or study visa.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by justwise(m): 9:33pm On Apr 22, 2015
realone01:
this is what akanni n luvly has been trying to explain to you

They are not actually saying the same thing...some of them think that visa is different from permit...which is not true.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by luvly3(f): 9:41pm On Apr 22, 2015
justwise:

They are all saying different things. Your length of stay in Canada will be stated on your study/work permit stamped at POE and not TRV.

Lol now we are on the same page... TRV= temporary resident visa, this is what we have all been telling you... That the stay depends on the study permit not the Temporary Resident Visa...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by justwise(m): 9:44pm On Apr 22, 2015
luvly3:

Lol now we are on the same page... TRV= temporary resident visa, this is what we have all been telling you... That the stay depends on the study permit not the Temporary Resident Visa...

And you need to extend/renewing your study or work permit before it expires....contrary to your suggestion.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by luvly3(f): 9:47pm On Apr 22, 2015
justwise:

The initial poster was asking about getting a new TRV and not a study permit, but you posted the link for a study permit which is very different from what the poster wanted that's why Akanni drew your attention to but u are refusing to see your mistake leading to the spamming of the thread.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by luvly3(f): 9:49pm On Apr 22, 2015
justwise:

And you need to extend/renewing your study or work permit before it expires....contrary to your suggestion.

Yes study permit must be renewed before it expires I never said other wise though it can be restored if already expired but TRV does not need to be renewed before it expires, it is reapplied for when it is expired... TRV is the bone of contention here not the study permit.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by justwise(m): 9:50pm On Apr 22, 2015
mumihaja:
Hello house,

My Canadian Visa expired last month "March" how do i renew it? do i have to start the application process all over again? or do i need to fill a different form to renew it?

This was the original post ^. So tell me where TRV was mentioned there

luvly3:

The initial poster was asking about getting a new TRV and not a study permit, but you posted the link for a study permit which is very different from what the poster wanted that's why Akanni drew your attention to but u are refusing to see your mistake leading to the spamming of the thread.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by luvly3(f): 9:51pm On Apr 22, 2015
justwise:

This was the original post ^. So tell me where TRV was mentioned there

Visa = Temporary Resident Visa.. I believe if he was referring to study permit he would have said "study permit".... These 2 terms are reffered to differently to avoid mix up..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by justwise(m): 9:54pm On Apr 22, 2015
luvly3:

Visa = TRV, I believe if he was referring to study permit he would have said "study permit".... These 2 terms are reffered to differently to avoid mix up..

Visa= study permit or work permit.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by luvly3(f): 9:56pm On Apr 22, 2015
justwise:

smiley... Let the poster state what he was referring to
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by hayqinsbFX: 9:56pm On Apr 22, 2015
QES..quite easily said
@justwise just do the wise thing and let's move on na....

Atleast we have all learnt one or two things...
This is not a competition of winner or loser...
luvly3:

Visa = Temporary Resident Visa.. I believe if he was referring to study permit he would have said "study permit".... These 2 terms are reffered to differently to avoid mix up..

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by realone01(m): 9:57pm On Apr 22, 2015
it is stated both on TRV n study permit
justwise:

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by justwise(m): 9:58pm On Apr 22, 2015
hayqinsbFX:
QES..quite easily said
@justwise just do the wise thing and let's move on na....

Atleast we have all learnt one or two things...
This is not a competition of winner or loser...

We are not derailing this thread.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by hayqinsbFX: 9:59pm On Apr 22, 2015
grin grin grin
justwise:

We are not derailing this thread.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by tyraSmith005(f): 10:03pm On Apr 22, 2015
Enuf alrdyy jare angry
More dan 2pages en still arguin....We shud only talk based on what we knw and not assumptions.
@justwise....have u been 2canada grin...jes askingcoz it seems u jes sayin based on a general note!!!others are talkn 4rm experience!!! tongue smiley in relation to CA.
TRV is yur Visa.
Study/work/visit permits allows u to study/work/visit respectively while in canada. Shikena

4 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 10:07pm On Apr 22, 2015
I enjoy dis section more Dan any other section on NL. Meanwhile, my acceptance letter just arrived

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by realone01(m): 10:20pm On Apr 22, 2015
is anyone coming to humber college this summer?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Oyeleye2011(m): 10:22pm On Apr 22, 2015
Zattiezat:

Please is there a difference between the affidavit from a high court and the "notary" one?

The affidavit of support must carry the notary seal. This is very important. which I think the one from high court will not have. but so far that it carry the seal of notary public. that is perfect. Note: the notary seal are not common. I think few lawyer have it.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by justwise(m): 10:32pm On Apr 22, 2015
TDultimate:

thanks for responding. but my question is if im not able to get payslip and SOA showing monthly salary from employer, would this reduce VO's acknowledgement that im working with this company.
I write this because im been payed in a formal way, i mean, im been paid by hand.

Do you pay it into your salary account monthly
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by TDultimate(m): 10:36pm On Apr 22, 2015
justwise:
[/b]

Do you pay it into your salary account monthly
yes I do.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 10:39pm On Apr 22, 2015
the time frames differs to obtain your study permit, i spent just 20mins to get mine
yregs:

Study permit is issued at the Point of Entry in Canada. When you get to Canada, you spend about 3hr to obtain a study permit. The TRV is only valid to enter Canada. I read about a guy who wasnt issued a study permit at the embassy due to oversight and ignorance, he couldnt proceed with school reg despite the fact that he had a valid Visa. He had to go back to the nearest Airport to meet with the Canada Border Immigration service to be issued a Study permit.

So for the person with an expired TRV, as far as ur Study permit is valid and u ve no plans of leaving Canada to return, u are a legal immigrant. You must apply for an extension of ur study permit if you intend to stay longer than the approved date. No story for dat one o.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 10:42pm On Apr 22, 2015
no justwise i disagree with you on this one,you have the one stamped differently from the embassy as a TRV,while you get another one(small documented paper AS your study permit stating your workings hours,and others) at the point of entry there are two differnt things
justwise:

You lot are missing the point, visa is an umbrella name for different types of permits.....work, study, visiting etc whatever is stamped on your passport at the POE is the visa aka work permit or study permit.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by justwise(m): 10:44pm On Apr 22, 2015
TDultimate:

yes I do.

You need to explain your salary payment system in your application form and point out the monthly payment into your bank account to back that up.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by SeyiMiilan: 11:09pm On Apr 22, 2015
Hello guys, I deleted a upload on my Cic page, after that it has rejected my personal reference code, kips tell me validation error, pls reenter ur personal refrence code
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by akosh005: 11:25pm On Apr 22, 2015
Now, the VO is here,,,,,,,
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by VellyG(m): 11:43pm On Apr 22, 2015
realone01:
What course are u going in for
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 11:54pm On Apr 22, 2015
justwise:

TRV is not visa, study permit given to you at the POE is and that is what you need to extend/renew before it expires

Oh boy eh!!! You talk this one. "Temporary Residence Visa" isn't visa. Okay!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 11:59pm On Apr 22, 2015
justwise:

Come on bro. A study permit or work permit is not a visa. There are documents that authorizes you to study or work in Canada. If it was someone else arguing for long on the forum you for don threaten to remove am oh.

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 12:02am On Apr 23, 2015
realone01:

I dey come oh. Free house for the boys? LOL
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by realone01(m): 12:12am On Apr 23, 2015
lol with free meals grin grin grin how Regina?
Snappyfingaz:

I dey come oh. Free house for the boys? LOL
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by ethicalUser(m): 12:21am On Apr 23, 2015
justwise:

You are just helping yourself and your police officer friend. You are always ready to drop phone number of a police officer and to tell them to inform the officer that you referred them.

All I'm asking you is to stop using this thread to get customers for your police officer friend.
Bro getting access into that facility isn't that easy. You may find your way in there but since u were not referred by someone they will end up cutting ur neck with price . sometin U should have done for 3-4k u end up spending 7k.

(1) (2) (3) ... (342) (343) (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) ... (502)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.