Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,806 members, 7,820,821 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:32 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 7 - Travel (415) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (1152335 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (412) (413) (414) (415) (416) (417) (418) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by ddestiny(m): 8:21pm On May 19, 2015
@ hayqinsbFX, Ifeco1, Mcjimmy, darefestus, ohammed199, moanthony

Kindly follow back, i need to PM you.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by hayqinsbFX: 8:22pm On May 19, 2015
Hahaha!...*run* *run*
That's more than 14yrs..
It's eternity...
tnuola:

Don't you know she's a married woman ni shuo...

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by neoneyo: 8:32pm On May 19, 2015
Solo8:

hello,
27 yrs is nothing here, you are pretty young. There are a lot of people in their 30's and 40's that go to school here(i had a guy that almost 50 doing B.Eng in my program). I'm not sure how that affects your visa but as for school application, it actually gives you an advantage to be a mature student.

With your experience you can qualify for some graduate certificate and advance diploma programs from some colleges even if you didn't do a tech prog. for your undergrad. You just need to search a bit. I just did a quick search and I found one that takes people with a business degrees, which is basically what you have.

The 2 things you have to think of is how much money you have saved up. I would suggest doing a college 1 or 2 yr program so you can get back to work quickly.

Ps. When searching for IT schools, you might run into some stupid schools like everest and other for profit colleges, don't even think about those. They'll take your money and no one will employ you. Only apply to publicly funded schools.

Cheers
Thanks for the advice. I will keep all in mind.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by loriaidah(f): 8:34pm On May 19, 2015
Pls can someone use Nigeria visa debit card to pay for application fee for university of Manitoba?
Urgent pls
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by richcasey: 8:48pm On May 19, 2015
loriaidah:
Pls can someone use Nigeria visa debit card to pay for application fee for university of Manitoba?
Urgent pls

sure you can
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Team12: 9:10pm On May 19, 2015
Tnx @tnuola, @hyqinsbFX my husband knows how to boil water o...lol u guys are clowns...@Berexio1, child not children yet. Haba I never old na. lol

berexio1:
Don't mind the boy Madam Tnuola, he no know say Team 12 get chilldren sef...shioor!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Team12: 9:13pm On May 19, 2015
lmfao!!! Ok! it's official! @Berexio1 has smoked something grin. I guess you are going for Masters in clownology tongue

berexio1:
Talk to Team12 and Taike, am sure they did theirs earlier today before u went for urs,,what am not sure about is who is prettier of the 2..Incase u see them, help me check!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Team12: 9:14pm On May 19, 2015
Left some minutes to 12pm.

Taike:

I left at about 12 noon.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Ifeco1: 9:47pm On May 19, 2015
ddestiny:

Done!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Ifeco1: 9:50pm On May 19, 2015
ddestiny:

Done
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by hayqinsbFX: 9:53pm On May 19, 2015
lool....dont threaten us oo...
Team12:
Tnx @tnuola, @hyqinsbFX my husband knows how to boil water o...lol u guys are clowns...@Berexio1, child not children yet. Haba I never old na. lol

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 10:04pm On May 19, 2015
ddestiny:

Hello,

I can't access the mail associated with my account here. If you connect with @HayqinsBFX..I can get ur mail from him and message..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Dunniez: 10:11pm On May 19, 2015
Hello everyone, please what is the minimum amount that should be in a sponsor'saccount
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by funmi14: 10:14pm On May 19, 2015
Hi,
I was there too, had to leave around 5pm to catch up Bus to my domain for tmrw duty( can't afford to be fired ds stage without evident Visa)
I'll travel back to Lagos again next week for d submission ( 10k gone already). It's wel sha.
Kindly send me ur email for my app. Documents cross checking.
Thanks

teana4040:
I submitted today....d crowd was sumtin else...going for biometrics tomorow
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by ManTiger(m): 10:24pm On May 19, 2015
Team12:

Run go check your pixure but you've got none undecided.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Dunniez: 10:32pm On May 19, 2015
Hello everyone, please what is the minimum amount that should be in a sponsor'saccount
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Dunniez: 10:34pm On May 19, 2015
Please what do one do, if sponsor has a different surname
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Crich(f): 10:47pm On May 19, 2015
Opesyy:
Kindly presenr you SOA irrespective of the balance, atleast it will show something as been entering. You just need to explain yourself well in your SOPand prolly state t that you self sponsored yoursef for the MBA you got.
NB: Try and breakdown your questions so people dont feel reluctant to read. God bless

Ok, Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by CoCoLav(f): 11:04pm On May 19, 2015
Dunniez:

Hi,

There's really no minimum. Let your sponsor have enough to sponsor you and maintain himself and any dependants. So it depends on your tuition and other living expenses.

Although CIC states that you should have your tuition + $10,000CAD for living expenses, it varies depending on your tuition and province (cos of the living expenses for that particular province).

All the best.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by CoCoLav(f): 11:06pm On May 19, 2015
Dunniez:
Please what do one do, if sponsor has a different surname

Try to establish a relationship by showing genuine documents or giving a detailed explanation in a well drafted Letter of Explanation.

Also ensure you state convincing reasons why that sponsor is sponsoring you.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by bepzi4jesus: 11:08pm On May 19, 2015
With gratitude to God and a heart full of praise.. I hereby announce to d house dat my application has been refused today..
Reasons Ticked

Ur travel history

family ties in canada and in ur country of residence

purpose of visit

ur current employment situation

personal asset nd fin. status

Plz wot next can I do

As am totally confused now
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by CoCoLav(f): 11:11pm On May 19, 2015
bepzi4jesus:
With gratitude to God and a heart full of praise.. I hereby announce to d house dat my application has been refused today..
Reasons Ticked

Ur travel history

purpose of visit

Plz wot next can I do

Hi, sorry about your refusal. You need to take some time out and assess your application and tackle the reasons given. You could also request for your file which will give a more detailed explanation.

Kindly list the documents you submitted so we can start from there to advice.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by hayqinsbFX: 11:19pm On May 19, 2015
SIGHS..........SECOND PERSON 2DAY.....
ONLINE TOO?

wat program are you going for and which did you do earlier in you ug...
bepzi4jesus:
Reasons Ticked

Ur travel history

purpose of visit

Plz wot next can I do

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by bepzi4jesus: 11:22pm On May 19, 2015
docs summited.
SPONSOR: MY ELDER BRODA SOA (10M) EMBASSY DOCS 1) Application Checklist 2) Family information form 3) QUESTIONNAIRE 4) Application form SCHOOL DOCUMENTS 1) Letter of acceptance from the School 2) Paid part of the tuition fee ($500) 3) Admission letter PERSONAL DOCUMENTS 1) Int Passport 2) Two Passport Photograph 3) Employment letter 4) Confirmation of employment letter 5) Introduction & Recommendation letter from my place of work 6) Study leave letter 7) Personal SOA (Closing balance 450k) ACADEMIC DOCUMENTS 1) NECO Certificate 2) Diploma certificate 3) National Population Commission certificate 4) SOP SPONSOR’S DOCUMENTS 1) Originals of the last 6 months of sponsor’s Bank account statement 2) Land property 3) Letter of recommendation 4) Photocopy of his CAC certificate duly certified by ministry of justice 5) Affidavit of sponsorship All ur responses and contributions are highly appreciated
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Crich(f): 11:26pm On May 19, 2015
hayqinsbFX:
You can submit photocopies, just walk into the court and let them stamp it to certify it's a true copy.
Normally u sud need the originals to for them to certify, but forget it just explain yourself to some1 youllget the photocopies stamped.
Only the bank SOA and ur written letters are to be originals.
Anyother document u can't lay ur hand on the original cud be replaced by a certified true copy/photocpy

For those submitting and Applying online, how do the V.O.s verify the authenticity of these documents?
I'm yet to apply though so need to know which route is better.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by dahjor(m): 11:36pm On May 19, 2015
Hello house, please i need clarification on these:

1. I want to apply online, am i going to submit the hard copies of all the documents i scanned? if NO, what are the things i'm submitting to the visa office after submitting online.

2. Is the letter of explanation same as Statement of purpose?

Thanks in advance
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by bepzi4jesus: 11:41pm On May 19, 2015
hayqinsbFX:
SIGHS..........SECOND PERSON 2DAY..... ONLINE TOO?
wat program are you going for and which did you do earlier in you ug...

Am going for networking and telecommunication engineering diploma I studied com. engineering in my ug
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 11:44pm On May 19, 2015
bepzi4jesus:

Am going for networking and telecommunication engineering diploma
I studied com. engineering in my ug

You see bro, this is the first problem..Diploma after BSC is always a red flag..
I can also guess what you are doing presently is in no way related to Computer/Engineering.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by richcasey: 11:47pm On May 19, 2015
Ok yet another question. Iv been working with my dad for a while now. I don't get paid salary, I just transfer money anytime I need it. Now the big issue, I didn't want to send the visa officer any employment details but the way I see it, for the online route... it is important to enter at least one work experience. Can I enter my employment details in the form but not send any form of SOA since my dad's my sponsor.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by dahjor(m): 11:52pm On May 19, 2015
Asumns:
Submitted Online yesterday and biometrics done this morning.
May Almighty grant our hearts desires

Hello,
Please i want to ask if there is any hard copy documents submission after you have submitted online successfully?
Any other information regarding online submission will be appreciated.
Many thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by dahjor(m): 11:57pm On May 19, 2015
dahjor:
Hello everyone. Thanks for a prompt response to my earlier post.
Please im going to Concordia University for MEng in Information system security (2yrs).
How much i can i state as funds available for my studies.
Thank you

Please guys i need a response on this.
Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 11:59pm On May 19, 2015
bepzi4jesus:
Reasons Ticked

Ur travel history

purpose of visit

Plz wot next can I do

While I am by no means an expert..And whatever I write here is not foolproof what the V.O thinks or assume; I think your case is straight forward in a way-

From the reasons ticked, I will ignore the Travel History part since from Tnuola's gcms I observed it is only ticked when you have not satisfied ur purpose of visit and they arent sure if you will retirn on getting there.

Regarding Family ties, do you have anyone in CA? or does your brother sponsor someone currently studying there? and do you have family members back here in Nigeria particularly parents/younger siblings/a family of your own?..My guess is the answer lies in these questions

Purpose of Visit; this iMO is your biggest redflag, You had an Undergrad degree in Engineering..You should, if anything, be aiming higher with the least being Advanced Diploma...Try to get another school/Course for Advance dip or post graduate certificate

Your employment situation; do you currently work in an engineering firm? if you do, as what?..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (412) (413) (414) (415) (416) (417) (418) ... (502)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / USA Visit Visa Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.