Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,604 members, 7,812,982 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:12 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 7 - Travel (418) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (1149308 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (415) (416) (417) (418) (419) (420) (421) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 2:13pm On May 20, 2015
Ugochux:
It takes the 'grace of God' to get canadian visa..
No matter how near-perfect ur apps/docs are, if any VO decide to fault u, he/she will..

...And funny as it will sound, there is no perfect application.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Ugochux(m): 2:23pm On May 20, 2015
darefestus:

Have you applied? when and what route?

If you hv bn following my posts, u fr don notice sey I be fan/believer of 'online route'..lol!

Everies wd soon click and my timeline wd b updated....
I just love goodnews...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Ugochux(m): 2:28pm On May 20, 2015
hayqinsbFX:
especially if youre a complex applicant...

You and this your 'complex applicant' thingy eeh...lol!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Ugochux(m): 2:33pm On May 20, 2015
Team12:
I think this "family ties in Canada and Nigeria" has become a default reason for refusal o. I don't gerrit undecided

Plus I noticed most people on this forum are going to Ontario. Could it be that they have a limit to the number of people that should be accomodated in a province for a period? Why the refusal letters of late

'Family ties in Canada...' - according to our big bro here, solo8, most nigerians don't go back after studies.. So mayb VOs hv somehow concluded that we all hv families of there..lol!
Ehen, madam with d bulky docs, yu hv submittd abi? Congrats!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by loladeoye: 2:37pm On May 20, 2015
Ugochux:

its like if you read my mind.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 2:39pm On May 20, 2015
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 2:40pm On May 20, 2015
Ugochux:

If you hv bn following my posts, u fr don notice sey I be fan/believer of 'online route'..lol!

Everies wd soon click and my timeline wd b updated....
I just love goodnews...

It will..But before then let's know when and how you submitted and where you are headed to.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by hayqinsbFX: 2:43pm On May 20, 2015
It's d truth that's hard to accept.

Another thing I'm thinking is the fact that canada introduced the Federal skilled worker program and express entry scheme for applicants that have a dream of working and staying in canada.
EE takes longerr than the study permit route.

So I feel they just kindof send any study permit applicant whose application is suspicious of being wanting to just migrate instead of studying back to apply through the EE route.

Just saying...
Ugochux:

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Ugochux(m): 2:46pm On May 20, 2015
hayqinsbFX:
It's d truth that's hard to accept.

Another thing I'm thinking is the fact that canada introduced the Federal skilled worker program and express entry scheme for applicants that have a dream of working and staying in canada.
EE takes longerr than the study permit route.

So I feel they just kindof send any study permit applicant whose application is suspicious of being wanting to just migrate instead of studying back to apply through the EE route.

Just saying...

Anything is possible shaa..
BTW, VOs are laughn @ our posts here...lol
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by hayqinsbFX: 2:48pm On May 20, 2015
Ohh okay....

As you submitted your personal SOA....
I'm sure they will see that u paid the school fees from your account...this would consequently aid their speculation that ur maternal uncle might nnot be a REAL sponsor and u only used it for visa application purposes...
If you were a co sponsor it wud have erased that fact..
Jakay:
Sorry i actually didn't answer some of your questions. I work with NAFDAC (as you can see, the program is very relevant to my job), i'm 30 and my sponsor is my maternal uncle.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by ddestiny(m): 2:48pm On May 20, 2015
@ hayqinsbFX, I need to PM you, could you please follow back !.

Thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Ugochux(m): 2:48pm On May 20, 2015
Jakay:
Sorry i actually didn't answer some of your questions. I work with NAFDAC (as you can see, the program is very relevant to my job), i'm 30 and my sponsor is my maternal uncle.

Its well bro...just address everything d ticked..
By the way, I need that your NAFDAC job oo..
Help a bro..lol
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by hayqinsbFX: 2:51pm On May 20, 2015
Send me a PM...ill reply..then u can send ur message
Thanks
ddestiny:
@ hayqinsbFX, I need to PM you, could you please follow back !.

Thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Team12: 2:54pm On May 20, 2015
Solo8:

The Pan American games, women's World Cup and an election in a cpl of months. So they are probably getting a lot of visit request especially from South America, that should not have nothing to do with student visa though. One thing I've noticed is a bit of an influx of rich international students from China and Saudi Arabia. Also, maybe since most naija students don't go back, they are tougher on naija students, I know a naija guy that got denied PR earlier this year.

Maybe looking for schools that are not close to major city might help. Did most of the people delayed apply to Toronto area schools?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by ddestiny(m): 2:56pm On May 20, 2015
hayqinsbFX:
Send me a PM...ill reply..then u can send ur message
Thanks

@ hayqinsbFX, i learn't i have to follow you which i have done to be able to PM you.

You might need to follow back to allow me to PM you as all am seeing is a grey out screen when i tried to PM you.

Please follow back first.

Thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 2:56pm On May 20, 2015
hayqinsbFX:
Ohh okay....

As you submitted your personal SOA....
I'm sure they will see that u paid the school fees from your account...this would consequently aid their speculation that ur maternal uncle might nnot be a REAL sponsor and u only used it for visa application purposes...
If you were a co sponsor it wud have erased that fact..
That may not necessarily be the case since he stated in the sponsorship letter that he would be providing me with money to pay for the remaining part of my fees and other costs while in Canada. I really don't know if this could be a factor, but his home address is in the States. He works with an international organisation, and is currently on posting somewhere in Asia.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by hayqinsbFX: 3:00pm On May 20, 2015
Personally ill say that doesn't hold water atall!
Because as busy as ontario onyeoma posted a link of the canadian government the other time which sayas that the economy of ontario is as risk due to the lack of skilled professionals..
If atall there's one thing which is that ontario isn't overpopulated... ....canada as a whole is even underpopulateed..
Team12:
I thought as much. Most people here are going to Ontario which is already very busy. Let's wait for the response for those going to other provinces to see if this argument holds water though.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by hayqinsbFX: 3:02pm On May 20, 2015
Yea it may not necessarilt be, buh u never can say..

As. Much as age is not a factor to gain admission into any school in canada....its arguable to say it plays a major role in the minds of the visa officers.
Jakay:
That may not necessarily be the case since he stated in the sponsorship letter that he would be providing me with money to pay for the remaining part of my fees and other costs while in Canada.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Team12: 3:02pm On May 20, 2015
Yes. I am officially on the waiting list. Thanks dear!

btw anyone that applied outside Ontario and MUN (I include this because after Ontario, MUN has the greater number of applicants-everyone seems to be going there) and has recently gotten good news pls signify

Ugochux:

'Family ties in Canada...' - according to our big bro here, solo8, most nigerians don't go back after studies.. So mayb VOs hv somehow concluded that we all hv families of there..lol!
Ehen, madam with d bulky docs, yu hv submittd abi? Congrats!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 3:03pm On May 20, 2015
Ugochux:

Its well bro...just address everything d ticked..
By the way, I need that your NAFDAC job oo..
Help a bro..lol
Lolz@I need that your NAFDAC job oo..

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 3:05pm On May 20, 2015
hayqinsbFX:
Yea it may not necessarilt be, buh u never can say..

As. Much as age is not a factor to gain admission into any school in canada....its arguable to say it plays a major role in the minds of the visa officers.
That's true anyways
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 3:06pm On May 20, 2015
Team12:
I thought as much. Most people here are going to Ontario which is already very busy. Let's wait for the response for those going to other provinces to see if this argument holds water though.

But..but..but..Jakay was going to Newfoundland yet got delayed.

This will be a bit unpopular but why isn't anyone looking at the fact that all these people are going for diplomas?..And maybe its not as unique to online as much as we think.

Haykins' friend and Sammy though submitted paper apps but they went for MENg and MBA respectively...

The only exception to the rule in this case is @Justicia-and her's is a quite straightforward account issues.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by hayqinsbFX: 3:08pm On May 20, 2015
@darefestus
What was justicia going for...and how straightforward is her case different from others...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Oyeleye2011(m): 3:11pm On May 20, 2015
Yes I agree with you expecially those kids from Asian country like China, Japan, Korea and so on. We call them walking money. They just wired their money straight from their country. No part time job like we nigerian. Just eat and study. Although most of them are studying ESL in my college. And they are many. You will notice this during each year orientation programme.

quote author=Solo8 post=33923974]

The Pan American games, women's World Cup and an election in a cpl of months. So they are probably getting a lot of visit request especially from South America, that should not have nothing to do with student visa though. One thing I've noticed is a bit of an influx of rich international students from China and Saudi Arabia. Also, maybe since most naija students don't go back, they are tougher on naija students, I know a naija guy that got denied PR earlier this year.

Maybe looking for schools that are not close to major city might help. Did most of the people delayed apply to Toronto area schools?[/quote]
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 3:13pm On May 20, 2015
hayqinsbFX:
@darefestus
What was justicia going for...and how straightforward is her case different from others...

She was going for an LLM ..And if you read her previous posts she mentioned (even before the delay) that her school fees was on the high side..I think about 30k first year(approximately).

She was denied on the grounds on insufficient funds..Add two and two together, bro.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Solo8(m): 3:14pm On May 20, 2015
hayqinsbFX:
Personally ill say that doesn't hold water atall!
Because as busy as ontario onyeoma posted a link of the canadian government the other time which sayas that the economy of ontario is as risk due to the lack of skilled professionals..
If atall there's one thing which is that ontario isn't overpopulated... ....canada as a whole is even underpopulateed..

This is not as straight forward as you think. Canada is underpopulated but the greater Toronto area is growing at an incredible rate, people are constantly complaining about traffic during rush hr, house/rent prices(a lot of people are on the waiting list for govt subsidized rent) and jobs. We lack skilled workers but it is in very niche sectors, must of the skill most of the ppl from naija are bringing are not rare in Toronto. When they say skilled workers that just doesn't mean people that went to post secondary school, we are one of the most educated population in the world.

I don't know for sure but if it'll make sense to apply out of town where most other immigrants don't apply to. My family knows people at the Canadian consulate branch in PH but I don't know people that actually go through application or I would ask them myself.

Let's wait and see how the rest of the applications from people on the thread go though, it'll still be tough to know because everyone's case is so different.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Opesyy(m): 3:14pm On May 20, 2015
Have been thinking about the same thing too, I 'think' province may matter.
Team12:
I think this "family ties in Canada and Nigeria" has become a default reason for refusal o. I don't gerrit undecided

Plus I noticed most people on this forum are going to Ontario. Could it be that they have a limit to the number of people that should be accomodated in a province for a period? Why the refusal letters of late

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by hayqinsbFX: 3:22pm On May 20, 2015
Well said @solo8
I definitely knw what skilled workers mean....
From the break down on the link emphasis ws made on insufficient of science and engineering skills to compete with the rate at which the city is growing.

And besides toronto is just a part of ontario...so generalising by saying people going to ontario are at a disadvantage wud be a misjudgement.

Besides my female friend got her visa and she was going to study PGD at centennial in toronto...@laurey was goin to durham in toronto and he got his visa...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Team12: 3:28pm On May 20, 2015
Solo8:

This is not as straight forward as you think. Canada is underpopulated but the greater Toronto area is growing at an incredible rate, people are constantly complaining about traffic during rush hr, house/rent prices(a lot of people are on the waiting list for govt subsidized rent) and jobs. We lack skilled workers but it is in very niche sectors, must of the skill most of the ppl from naija are bringing are not rare in Toronto. When they say skilled workers that just doesn't mean people that went to post secondary school, we are one of the most educated population in the world.

I don't know for sure but if it'll make sense to apply out of town where most other immigrants don't apply to. My family knows people at the Canadian consulate branch in PH but I don't know people that actually go through application or I would ask them myself.

Let's wait and see how the rest of the applications from people on the thread go though, it'll still be tough to know because everyone's case is so different.

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by hayqinsbFX: 3:32pm On May 20, 2015
@team12 well I get ur point, but don't let us think too much on the fact that majority of people are comin to ontario or toronto....
People I know even run away from these areas because of the high cost living..

I believe when an app is analyzed it is analyzed as a potential canadian immigrant rather than a potential toronto immigrant or any other province.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Opesyy(m): 3:35pm On May 20, 2015
Whatever we say here are all based on assumption and speculations, you guyz shouldnt make it sound concrete like you're VOs. Lets not confuse people that are delayed, the delay as cofused them enough.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by hayqinsbFX: 3:37pm On May 20, 2015
This fact is an obvious one already..
There's no VO on the thread..
Opesyy:
Whatever we say here are all based on assumption and speculations, you guyz shouldnt make it sound concrete like you're VOs. Lets not confuse people that are delayed, the delay as cofused them enough.

(1) (2) (3) ... (415) (416) (417) (418) (419) (420) (421) ... (502)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.