Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,919 members, 7,835,070 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:02 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 7 - Travel (416) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (1156356 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (413) (414) (415) (416) (417) (418) (419) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 12:05am On May 20, 2015
dahjor:

Please guys i need a response on this.
Thanks

Tuition fees + Living fees + miscellaneous fees (all for first year)

If your first year tuition is 15,000CAD for instance, just add it with the stipulated 10,000CAD for living and another 10,000 CAD for miscellaneous making 35,000CAD.

And make sure your sponsor's SOA covers this and has a significant amount remaining.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Team12: 12:15am On May 20, 2015
[/quote]
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by mevisbleek: 12:15am On May 20, 2015
All I have been hearing is refusal. If you have been given the visa or called for Medical please kindly share your timeline. For those that were refused take heart its not the end of the world you did not do anything wrong. This thing is based on Luck I must say, the VO give who they feel like giving so don't worry just take heart and reapply.
For people that think they can decipher what the VO is thinking (e.g. ur BSC course must align with the course you applied for in Canada) I must say that info is not 100% correct.

For anyone coming to Canada for MBA please feel free to connect with me.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Team12: 12:16am On May 20, 2015
...the more you look things grin

ManTiger:

Run go check your pixure but you've got none undecided.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by countsparrow: 1:17am On May 20, 2015
The funny thing about this delayed applications is that, when the VO thinks u lack in one aspect or something, he ticks some other irrelevant things also... I am sure if der was a box like "Not enuff clothes" d VO will definitely/gladly tick it also...

For dos that we're delayed like me, it is well...

7 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Ugochux(m): 1:18am On May 20, 2015
Crich:

For those submitting and Applying online, how do the V.O.s verify the authenticity of these documents?
I'm yet to apply though so need to know which route is better.

VOs are trained to scrutinise everything that comes to their desk..so try not to present false docs but if you must present any at all, it shudnt be much. Congrats! *i stand to be corrected*
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Ugochux(m): 1:25am On May 20, 2015
dahjor:
Hello house, please i need clarification on these:

1. I want to apply online, am i going to submit the hard copies of all the documents i scanned? if NO, what are the things i'm submitting to the visa office after submitting online.

2. Is the letter of explanation same as Statement of purpose?

Thanks in advance

1). You won't submit hard copies of the docs..you will only print and submit 2 copies of 'the biometric mail' u wd rcv aftr submitn online + copies of data page of ur international passport, then pay 300naira.
2)LOE = SOP
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by TempusQ(m): 1:32am On May 20, 2015
Team 12 is married, stay clear bro!!!

hayqinsbFX:
Okay...
Buh I'm male... :d..
U dnt av to go to prisoon.... grin grin grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Ugochux(m): 1:41am On May 20, 2015
darefestus:

You see bro, this is the first problem..Diploma after BSC is always a red flag..
I can also guess what you are doing presently is in no way related to Computer/Engineering.

"Diploma after B.sc is always a red flag.." - that's what most of us believe shaa..but cm to tink of it, one can decide to acquire more certifications other M.sc..he studied Cmptr Engineerin and he's goin fr diploma in teleCom engineerin or so, I feel all is on trck. The question should be, 'is your current job in line with wat u studied at d undergraduate level and ur proposed course of study?'..I know a professor that has over 3 diploma certifications in different fields after his M.sc oo(acquired all frm yankee).. Everything lies on your 'ability' to convince the VO using your Letter of explanation + the grace of GOD.. Prayer is the Master Key! *cheers*

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by tnuola(f): 2:10am On May 20, 2015
countsparrow:
The funny thing about this delayed applications is that, when the VO thinks u lack in one aspect or something, he ticks some other irrelevant things also... I am sure if der was a box like "Not enuff clothes" d VO will definitely/gladly tick it also...

For dos that we're delayed like me, it is well...

Lmao.. I can so relate to this. There are some reasons that have steady partners.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by countsparrow: 2:29am On May 20, 2015
tnuola:

Lmao.. I can so relate to this. There are some reasons that have steady partners.

Its just crazy, in my next application, I will have to tell d VO a piece of my mind in d form of an open letter, guess dats d trend in naija... Since they use der intuition to make decisions, I will use my letter to guide der decision... grin

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by benedictuyi(m): 2:48am On May 20, 2015
Kunsoft:
Sneeze!
It seems IELTS is now compulsory for Students visa in Canny abi

pls, do i need TOEFL to into Red river college?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by mevisbleek: 3:28am On May 20, 2015
Ugochux:

"Diploma after B.sc is always a red flag.." - that's what most of us believe shaa..but cm to tink of it, one can decide to acquire more certifications other M.sc..he studied Cmptr Engineerin and he's goin fr diploma in teleCom engineerin or so, I feel all is on trck. The question should be, 'is your current job in line with wat u studied at d undergraduate level and ur proposed course of study?'..I know a professor that has over 3 diploma certifications in different fields after his M.sc oo(acquired all frm yankee).. Everything lies on your 'ability' to convince the VO using your Letter of explanation + the grace of GOD.. Prayer is the Master Key! *cheers*

Well said.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by bepzi4jesus: 4:42am On May 20, 2015
Team12:
I am so sorry for your delay. Please try and treat the reasons ticked and re-apply. I believe going for a diploma course after a degree is the main reason for ur delay. Try applying for a higher level of study, say PGD or something similar. I wish you God's favour in your next app.

Quick question, did you state that you have family in Canada?

No I didn't state I av family in Canada
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by bepzi4jesus: 4:45am On May 20, 2015
darefestus:

While I am by no means an expert..And whatever I write here is not foolproof what the V.O thinks or assume; I think your case is straight forward in a way-

From the reasons ticked, I will ignore the Travel History part since from Tnuola's gcms I observed it is only ticked when you have not satisfied ur purpose of visit and they arent sure if you will retirn on getting there.

Regarding Family ties, do you have anyone in CA? or does your brother sponsor someone currently studying there? and do you have family members back here in Nigeria particularly parents/younger siblings/a family of your own?..My guess is the answer lies in these questions

Purpose of Visit; this iMO is your biggest redflag, You had an Undergrad degree in Engineering..You should, if anything, be aiming higher with the least being Advanced Diploma...Try to get another school/Course for Advance dip or post graduate certificate

Your employment situation; do you currently work in an engineering firm? if you do, as what?..

Yes as... IT DESK OFFICER

No I didn't state I av some1 in Canny

No parents.. but It was stated that I av 2 brodas here in Nigeria
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Ugochux(m): 4:48am On May 20, 2015
bepzi4jesus:
docs summited.

SPONSOR: MY ELDER BRODA SOA (10M)
EMBASSY DOCS
1) Application Checklist
2) Family information form
3) QUESTIONNAIRE
4) Application form
SCHOOL DOCUMENTS
1) Letter of acceptance from the School
2) Paid part of the tuition fee ($500)
3) Admission letter
PERSONAL DOCUMENTS
1) Int Passport
2) Two Passport Photograph
3) Employment letter
4) Confirmation of employment letter
5) Introduction & Recommendation letter from my place of work
6) Study leave letter
7) Personal SOA (Closing balance 450k)
ACADEMIC DOCUMENTS
1) NECO Certificate
2) Diploma certificate
3) National Population Commission certificate
4) SOP
SPONSOR’S DOCUMENTS
1) Originals of the last 6 months of sponsor’s Bank account statement
2) Land property
3) Letter of recommendation
4) Photocopy of his CAC certificate duly certified by ministry of justice
5) Affidavit of sponsorship
All ur responses and contributions are highly appreciated

Its unfortunate you wr delayed/denied visa.. Don't be in a haste to re-apply, u cn dfr ur admission to nxt year, take ur tym to address everything they ticked.. Funny enough, ur packaging is sharp and cn even land u an Australian visa *justSayingTho*.. Its all gon be fine..all d'best bro.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by hayqinsbFX: 5:07am On May 20, 2015
Wat type of engiineerin did u study in UG

No one has asked wat your age is
I tink it cud b a factor wen d Issue of sponsors n personal financial assets re checked
bepzi4jesus:

Am going for networking and telecommunication engineering diploma
I studied com. engineering in my ug
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by adebimpe1988(f): 7:00am On May 20, 2015
Me n bepizjesus hv d same reason 4 been refused,my course is HRM,studied Mass comm 4 degree,work as a customer care rep.didnt add employment letter,i mean anything abt my work,tinkin on addin,joined d work Jan n d pay in it is small,wana add family pictures too and anyone wiv an SOP
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by hayqinsbFX: 7:22am On May 20, 2015
Adebimpee...
Sstay strong adhere to suggestions that wud be given to you.
adebimpe1988:
Me n bepizjesus hv d same reason 4 been refused,my course is HRM,studied Mass comm 4 degree,work as a customer care rep.didnt add employment letter,i mean anything abt my work,tinkin on addin,joined d work Jan n d pay in it is small,wana add family pictures too and anyone wiv an SOP

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by tnuola(f): 7:23am On May 20, 2015
countsparrow:

Its just crazy, in my next application, I will have to tell d VO a piece of my mind in d form of an open letter, guess dats d trend in naija... Since they use der intuition to make decisions, I will use my letter to guide der decision... grin

It is well sha, this is the same thing standupguy intends to do after two delays.
They way they put their intuition to work irks me.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by hayqinsbFX: 7:26am On May 20, 2015
[b]1. Bobola86; Jan 30, Concordia University College of Alberta, online, PG TRV
2. Jengbetiele; Feb 15, UofS, Online, TRV
3. Pmiller1:Feb 17, Sask Poly, Dip, Online, DELAYED
4. uchetorial: Feb 17 Sask Poly,PG -Paper Route
5. Hesque: Feb 19, Humber, PG, Online, TRV
6. CruzAj: Feb 19, NSCC, Pgd, paper, DELAYED
7. Joeyf: Feb 26, NSCC, DIP,Online
8. Yreg: Mar 02, MUN, Pgd, Online, MEDICAL
9. Waledarep: Mar 03, MUN, Advanced Dip, Paper, DELAYED
10. Ohammed199: Mar 06, University of Manitoba, UG, Online DELAYED
11. Marcuskens: Mar 08, MUN, Online
12. Dapsey66: Mar 10, Centennial college, PGD, Online
13. Newww1: Mar 17, Lakeland College, PG, Online
14. ada4all: Mar 29, Seneca College, PG, Online. DELAYED
15. Moheat: April 8 Humber College, Diploma, online,
16. Sexysammy0906: April 8, Vancouver Island University, MBA, Paper MEDICAL
17. Jakay: April 8, MI of MUN, Adv. Diploma, Online
18. Darefestus April 23rd, UofL, PG, Online
19.CruzAj: April 24, NSCC, Pgd, paper Route
20. Hayqinsb; April 27, Seneca, Adv dip, paper route.
21.Bepzi4jesus April 8th, Okanaga College, Diploma, Online route.
22. nigeriannewbie May 5, U of Ottawa, PGD, paper
23. berexio1 May 7, university of waterloo, Meng, online
24. Joeyf: May 26, NSCC, DIP,Online
25. Taike: May 14, U of T, PhD, Online.
26. zattiezat; may 15 ,U of S, Masters,paper
27. Team12; May 15, UofW, Masters, Online
28. airhunde, may 12,centennial, pgd, paper

If you have admission and have applied for TRV Please provide the following information **Submission date**Institution* **Mode of submission: Online/Paper **level of study BEST WISHES[/b]
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by tnuola(f): 7:30am On May 20, 2015
adebimpe1988:
Me n bepizjesus hv d same reason 4 been refused,my course is HRM,studied Mass comm 4 degree,work as a customer care rep.didnt add employment letter,i mean anything abt my work,tinkin on addin,joined d work Jan n d pay in it is small,wana add family pictures too and anyone wiv an SOP.

Hello dear,

Sorry about your delay, truth is even if you added your work details, it dsnt correlate with your intended course of study and might still be a problem.

Also add your soa, no matter how little the salary is.
Don't be in a hurry to apply also.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by justicia: 8:22am On May 20, 2015
Ugochux:

1). You won't submit hard copies of the docs..you will only print and submit 2 copies of 'the biometric mail' u wd rcv aftr submitn online + copies of data page of ur international passport, then pay 300naira.
2)LOE = SOP
IMO, I don't think LOE equals SOP. SOP as the name implies means statement regarding your purpose of wanting to go to Canada i.e what u want to go and do there which in our case is study, and you can add other things like why u picked the school and the course and the benefits you believe the progrram will confer on you when ure done. LOE on the other hand is a letter that is used to explain ur app generally especially areas you believe must be explained better to the V.O. for them to understand why this is that or that is this in ur app. My 50cents.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by adebimpe1988(f): 8:32am On May 20, 2015
R u saying I shldnt add my employment letter,so pls wot shld I add becos dats d only tin left
tnuola:

Hello dear,

Sorry about your delay, truth is even if you added your work details, it dsnt correlate with your intended course of study and might still be a problem.

Also add your soa, no matter how little the salary is.
Don't be in a hurry to apply also.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by tnuola(f): 8:41am On May 20, 2015
adebimpe1988:
R u saying I shldnt add my employment letter,so pls wot shld I add becos dats d only tin left

I'm not saying that, just letting u know where the problem will be, cuz there's no corellation btw your ug, present employment and intended course of study, all three are different..
So think well and do what's right before reapplying
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by deeone10: 8:42am On May 20, 2015
hello house, please i need your help on this. my cousin is ready to sponsor me to canada including getting me accommodation but he said i should get someone to invite me to make it easier but i have not gotten anyone. please how can i go about it. i will appreciate ur idea. thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Ugochux(m): 8:47am On May 20, 2015
justicia:
IMO, I don't think LOE equals SOP. SOP as the name implies means statement regarding your purpose of wanting to go to Canada i.e what u want to go and do there which in our case is study, and you can add other things like why u picked the school and the course and the benefits you believe the progrram will confer on you when ure done. LOE on the other hand is a letter that is used to explain ur app generally especially areas you believe must be explained better to the V.O. for them to understand why this is that or that is this in ur app. My 50cents.

I don't still get the 'difference'..but that's ur own opnion shaa.. Well done sir!I blv all is well..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by adebimpe1988(f): 9:57am On May 20, 2015
But 4 my OND I did Business Administration
tnuola:

I'm not saying that, just letting u know where the problem will be, cuz there's no corellation btw your ug, present employment and intended course of study, all three are different..
So think well and do what's right before reapplying
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by richcasey: 10:28am On May 20, 2015
for guys looking for SOP or LOE here's a guideline for you

Why do you wish to study in Canada in the program for which you have been accepted?

What is your overall educational goal?

Why are you not pursuing a similar program in your country of residence/citizenship?

What research have you done into studies in your country of residence/citizenship?

How will this program enhance your employment opportunities in your country of residence/citizenship?

What ties do you have to your country of residence/citizenship?

If it has been more than 2 years since you have left full-time education, please provide your C.V. (resumé).

In the case of a minor applicant, what are your reasons for studying in Canada? What is your parents'/guardians' immigration status in their current country of residence?

You can add reasons for your study gaps, job description (if applicable). But dont burden with over explanation.

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by ethicalUser(m): 11:10am On May 20, 2015
berexio1:
Go there with 43k, U should have some change..I paid 41k online and 300 naira at VFS..

Cheers!
Funny Enough vfs charges 37k wen u pay in cash but online payment in the region of 40k considering the increasing exchange rate.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 12:34pm On May 20, 2015
Just got a refusal mail. Reasons below;

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Julietdanny: 12:43pm On May 20, 2015
SOMEBODY HELP ME OUT PLEASE,I just took ielts,and applying for permanent residency via FSPW,my score for ielts came out 6.5 and my hubby needs to take too but he can't because he has no educational background, does it mean he or we won't be eligible to APPLY,please give me details, I really need to know what to do and where to start from....Thanks a lot

(1) (2) (3) ... (413) (414) (415) (416) (417) (418) (419) ... (502)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.