Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,752 members, 7,831,411 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:22 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 7 - Travel (420) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (1154929 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (417) (418) (419) (420) (421) (422) (423) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by mevisbleek: 8:42pm On May 20, 2015
Crich:
Hello house, I do not want this to seem a burden for you to read but pls, do calm down and read it. It's a real life situation, and I need input of experienced persons. Your response will be appreciated, negative or positive.

Personal profile: 31, engaged to be married, 7yrs work experience, MBA in Nigeria(I need one more degree from either US or Canada. Already gained admission for a 2yrs Leadership course to cap up my academic qualifications cos I'm looking ahead to higher leadership positions plus being an employer), just got a new job last month.

Last year, i made a trip to the U.S. on vacation. Few days to my departure from the States, there was the Ebola virus outbreak. Out of scare, my family who resides here in Nigeria advised I stayed back till it subsides. I took their advice. While i waited, i decided to apply for my Masters degree program(i planned to return to the States after getting my F1 visa in Nigeria which would be after my vacation but then, the Ebola outbreak changed everything).

I gained admission and the school advised i applied for a change of status from B2(visitor) to F1 visa. My admission was deferred for this reason. My change of status application was submitted way before the expiration of my 6months stay but the response from U.S. Immigration services came after the expiration. I could not leave the States during the processing because by my understanding of the U.S. immigration policy, it says once such application is made, no travel was allowed.

Unfortunately, I was denied the status change due to the fact that the gap between my 6months expiration and the school start date was 35days instead of a maximum of 30days (no fault of mine). I was advised to appeal and given a letter by the school, stating all the immigration laws to my advantage but i did not adhere to that because my long stay was impromptu, I wanted to come back home to my family and fiancé, and also as not to incur unlawful presence which was already accumulating due to the late response from US immigration department.

Based on these, I returned to Nigeria immediately where i applied for an F1 but was denied and given a 5yrs ban from entering the U.S. by the Visa Officer without giving me a chance to explain.
Now, I intend to apply next week. School session is this September.

My questions are:

-will this affect my Canadian study permit?
-if I apply, should state clearly, then US ban and the situation?
-if yes, should I submit docs from the US immigration of the status change denial, and the school's notice of appeal letter I was meant to submit? (So as not to be accused of misrepresentation and concealing of information when they eventually find out from the US database)
-should I go through paper or online route of study permit application?

Thanks

My brother I'm so sorry hear this. Your situation is convoluted to say the least. I can only speak for Canada. Canada and usa works together, let me give u an example, I was speeding in new York because I was rushing to make it to Toronto to get ready for work the next day, I was stopped by the police for speeding and was given a ticket. When I got into toronto in a couple of days I got another ticket in the mail by toronto police asking me to pay an additional amount because I was caught speeding in yankee also my license was seized in Canada for 30 days due to that incidence.
Back to your issue, if you over stayed your visa it will be extremely different for Canada to give you study visa cos they can easily pull up ur record from their elder brother (yankee). My advise would be to apply tho but with a strong support letter detailing why you offer stayed and also give reasons why that won't repeat itself when u get to canada. The Vo would believe that if you have done it before u can easily do it again.
I would strongly advise that u hire a reputable immigration (I don't mean all those packaging agents in naija) lawyer maybe in yankee to assist u with this battle.
It's not over my brother I've seen lawyer fight removal orders trust me.
On the yankee side it's either u take the 5yr ban and move on or fight a lawyer to fight the battle for you. I swear to you I'm not trying to sell the services of a lawyer but the Vo's kinda respect a good lawyer.
It is well my brother, no problem is worth killing Ur self over. You can pm me to talk further. I'm not an agent I'm just a dude that got study permit with the help of NL in 2009 and I like to share my personal experience and help others in return

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by justicia: 8:45pm On May 20, 2015
Crich:

Sorry, about that but congrats ahead.
Pls, can u share with us the exact amount they called insufficient so we all have an idea what d VOs want
Well, this is what they called insufficient: I used 2 sponsors, Dad n Maternal Uncle. Dad wrote he was giving me 3.5M out of 3.8M in his SoA. Uncle wrote he was giving me 4M but he had 2.1M in his SoA, although I showed proof that he earns 11M/yr and he has property. Then my own SoA of 1.1M. So that's it. From what pple here have said, I think the V.O. felt 3.5M was too much for a retired man to give me out of 3.8M and for my Uncle's that his balance was lower than what he promised and what's gonna happen to his dependants.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by justicia: 8:55pm On May 20, 2015
omooba2015:

I was denied twice with Financial insufficient, going for MBA. with this issue of insufficient fund,let us put it to the house to solve it for us.
How did u tackle ur first refusal in ur second app.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by hayqinsbFX: 9:07pm On May 20, 2015
I'm tired of seeing refusals tackled..
I want to congratulate people...

I decree as a believer in the blood Jesus shed on the cross...as someone given the mantle to bound and unbound....
The gates or Medicals and TRV are unlocked IJN
From now on we shall begin to congratulate people...
God bless us..

17 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Ifeco1: 9:25pm On May 20, 2015
israelatunwa:
Have being following the trend but as a ghost follower. Need help I just got a denial for the 3rd time. Base on D following
1. Travel history, personal assests, employment blahbla, purpose of visit, not sure I will leave after study. Am going to Sait applied for 2 yrs diploma in Hospitality Management nd I studied food science and technology in my first degree though in polytechnic here in Nigeria.
My program has only one intake w

hich is September. Can I refire nd it will be my fourth time. Somebody help

Can you list the documents you submitted
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 10:07pm On May 20, 2015
hayqinsbFX:

I decree as a believer in the blood Jesus shed on the cross...as someone given the mantle to bound and unbound....
God bless us..

AMEN. I forsee some goodnews before Sunday. These am very sure about. Prayer answereth all things. Its not by Soa nor Sop, but by HIS grace. Am imploring you guyz not to relent in prayers. Be it Christian nor Muslim.

7 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Crich(f): 10:09pm On May 20, 2015
justicia:
Well, this is what they called insufficient: I used 2 sponsors, Dad n Maternal Uncle. Dad wrote he was giving me 3.5M out of 3.8M in his SoA. Uncle wrote he was giving me 4M but he had 2.1M in his SoA, although I showed proof that he earns 11M/yr and he has property. Then my own SoA of 1.1M. So that's it. From what pple here have said, I think the V.O. felt 3.5M was too much for a retired man to give me out of 3.8M and for my Uncle's that his balance was lower than what he promised and what's gonna happen to his dependants.

But they can't keep denying people based on this cos most graduate schools require you pay by credit hour or semester ie in bits.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Crich(f): 10:11pm On May 20, 2015
mevisbleek:

My brother I'm so sorry hear this. Your situation is convoluted to say the least. I can only speak for Canada. Canada and usa works together, let me give u an example, I was speeding in new York because I was rushing to make it to Toronto to get ready for work the next day, I was stopped by the police for speeding and was given a ticket. When I got into toronto in a couple of days I got another ticket in the mail by toronto police asking me to pay an additional amount because I was caught speeding in yankee also my license was seized in Canada for 30 days due to that incidence.
Back to your issue, if you over stayed your visa it will be extremely different for Canada to give you study visa cos they can easily pull up ur record from their elder brother (yankee). My advise would be to apply tho but with a strong support letter detailing why you offer stayed and also give reasons why that won't repeat itself when u get to canada. The Vo would believe that if you have done it before u can easily do it again.
I would strongly advise that u hire a reputable immigration (I don't mean all those packaging agents in naija) lawyer maybe in yankee to assist u with this battle.
It's not over my brother I've seen lawyer fight removal orders trust me.
On the yankee side it's either u take the 5yr ban and move on or fight a lawyer to fight the battle for you. I swear to you I'm not trying to sell the services of a lawyer but the Vo's kinda respect a good lawyer.
It is well my brother, no problem is worth killing Ur self over. You can pm me to talk further. I'm not an agent I'm just a dude that got study permit with the help of NL in 2009 and I like to share my personal experience and help others in return

Okay, thanks a lot for your response.
I'm a lady.
I didnt over stay my visa(visa is still valid) but my 6months(i-94).
Like i said, it wasn't my fault. I applied for d status change august 11, my i-94 to expire sept 30, got a response of denial nov 11. Left for nig. dec 19.
The denial was majorly based on school start date. Try n read dt paragraph again.
Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Ugochux(m): 10:13pm On May 20, 2015
Julietdanny:
Pls reply before I kill myself oooh,
Cos of canadian visa huh?smh!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by mevisbleek: 10:14pm On May 20, 2015
Crich:

I'm a lady though. Thanks

Shut the front door. Lol. I'm so sorry for the mix up. No disrespect
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Julietdanny: 10:24pm On May 20, 2015
[Have you got something to say?quote author=Ugochux post=33940651]
Cos of canadian visa huh?smh![/quote]
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by simeon83: 10:54pm On May 20, 2015
[b][/b]
Solo8:

for sure they do, they'll know everything. Personally, I would let them know but I might be wrong.
I don't fink is for all applicant....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Julietdanny: 11:01pm On May 20, 2015
CAN SOMEON PLEASE GIVE ME A GUIDE PLEASE....I really do need to know what to do....I just took ielts and got 6.5, and hubby can't take cos of poor educational background to add up to my points,do I reapply as single mother? Will I be refused for d score not being up to 7 ?please someone pls help before I make a mistake please. For permanent residents Unger FSPW.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by loladeoye: 11:15pm On May 20, 2015
Julietdanny:
CAN SOMEON PLEASE GIVE ME A GUIDE PLEASE....I really do need to know what to do....I just took ielts and got 6.5, and hubby can't take cos of poor educational background to add up to my points,do I reapply as single mother? Will I be refused for d score not being up to 7 ?please someone pls help before I make a mistake please. For permanent residents Unger FSPW.
Check travel section. u will see federal skilled work thread. Throw ur question to them. this thread right here is for study permit. They will advise you better honestly
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by berexio1: 12:16am On May 21, 2015
Jakay:
Thanks berexio1.
I studied BSc.Chemistry and i'm going for Advanced Diploma in Water Quality (1 yr program). Have worked for over 3yrs at an agency of the federal government where my intended program is highly relevant, and i included with my application, a study leave approval letter and letter of introduction from my employer.
As for travel history, I've not traveled out of the country before, but I'm slated to embark on an official trip to Asia by end of June. That may satisfy the travel history if I'm to wait and reapply after the trip, but it would be rather late as my program commences early September. Unfortunately the program is offered only during the Fall term, else I would have deferred. Don't think I want to wait that long, unless I'm left with no other choice. I'll just add some landed property docs (that may tackle the issue of personal assets and financial status), write a very strong SOP addressing the other issues raised and reapply.
Chairman, you are so very much in line as per ur area of study and experience...As regards certification, I feel moving from BSC to Masters presents a more confidence case. But what can u do? I think your SOP should do the magic. Do a good write up and re-fire soon..Wish u all the best!

Cheers!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Ugochux(m): 12:18am On May 21, 2015
Julietdanny:
[Have you got something to say?quote author=Ugochux post=33940651]
Cos of canadian visa huh?smh!

Sorry dear, I have got nothing to say.. You can ask those in the express entry forum... *cheers*
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by diamondsare4eva: 12:44am On May 21, 2015
Crich:

Okay, thanks a lot for your response.
I'm a lady.
I didnt over stay my visa(visa is still valid) but my 6months(i-94).
Like i said, it wasn't my fault. I applied for d status change august 11, my i-94 to expire sept 30, got a response of denial nov 11. Left for nig. dec 19.
The denial was majorly based on school start date. Try n read dt paragraph again.
Thanks
Sorry to hear about it. Whoever advised you to apply to change your B1 to F1 advised you wrongly. Its never done. U can only change your status in ur country of residence.
This kind of information can be shared between both consulate but I doubt since its nothing about treat to both countries like an act of terrorism,felony, drug related and very serious issues.
I don't think anyone can better advise on this. If your us visa is cancelled without prejudice,then I can say forget canada but go ahead but if not go ahead and apply to schools in Canada
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by NaD720: 12:48am On May 21, 2015
hayqinsbFX:
This fact is an obvious one already..
There's no VO on the thread..
Don't say there are no Vo's on the thread. Do you know how many people are reading this messages without commenting? And do you know how many agents or VO assistant are currently scouting these threads to know more about whatever we are talking about and to change tactics? Have you heard of Edward Snowden? If you have, then you should know what I am talking about.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by NaD720: 12:49am On May 21, 2015
hayqinsbFX:
That doesn't mean anything joor...its soo inconsequential

".its soo inconsequential" Hmm, Big big grammar way Nigerians dey speak. I sometimes question why our Educational system has not gone beyond.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by NaD720: 1:05am On May 21, 2015
hayqinsbFX:

God bless us..
Amen. The gates of Medicals and TRV is already unlocked. BTW, I like your sense of humor. smiley. BTW, Could you follow me, I have something of important to align with you. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by hayqinsbFX: 1:36am On May 21, 2015
I havent
What about it?
NaD720:

Don't say there are no Vo's on the thread. Do you know how many people are reading this messages without commenting? And do you know how many agents or VO assistant are currently scouting these threads to know more about whatever we are talking about and to change tactics? Have you heard of Edward Snowden? If you have, then you should know what I am talking about.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Graphical(f): 2:15am On May 21, 2015
Na wa o. With all these delay storiesn I am beginning to develop cool feet and doubt in my submitted application. O Lord take control of all of us still expecting. Lord, take the glory.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Solo8(m): 2:17am On May 21, 2015
simeon83:
[b][/b].

I don't understand what your trying to say but thats the reason why you have a passport. If you've been to canada the US knows your travel history when they run your passport and vice versa.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Solo8(m): 2:22am On May 21, 2015
NaD720:

I'm pretty sure there are no immigration officers reading this thread daily to keep up with your application tactics. Don't confuse intelligence gathering with normal everyday people working. There is a reason why they ask for so many documents and with the amount of people applying, they can easily see trends when people start lying.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by akanni(m): 3:45am On May 21, 2015
Crich:

Thanks for your response.
Although, I know they cross check with US database but not sure if they do for all applicants.
Note: my passport is still as clean as though nothing happened. My visa wasn't cancelled. So, I'm a bit confused here, if I should come out straight and let them know, or I should just apply like nothing of such happened.

Crich, personally, i think you should get a lawyer to take up the ban issue and try to resolve it. Since you have evidence to support it, it's worth fighting because it will definitely affect your application to Canada negatively.Though like someone mentioned, presenting docs to support it when you apply for the Canada study visa, I am not positive it will make much impact, I would wonder why you did not clear the issue with US before now.This is my candid opinion, talk to an immigration lawyer and get their advice, its their job.

N.B Sorry, i just saw mevisbleek's comment after i sent mine, we are on the same page!

4 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Crich(f): 5:26am On May 21, 2015
simeon83:
[b][/b].

Hello, Simeon83.
Why do u think it isn't for all applicants. Have u had d experience, or someone u know had it? Pls share.
Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Crich(f): 5:28am On May 21, 2015
akanni:

Crich, personally, i think you should get a lawyer to take up the ban issue and try to resolve it. Since you have evidence to support it, it's worth fighting because it will definitely affect your application to Canada negatively.Though like someone mentioned, presenting docs to support it when you apply for the Canada study visa, I am not positive it will make much impact, I would wonder why you did not clear the issue with US before now.This is my candid opinion, talk to an immigration lawyer and get their advice, its their job.

N.B Sorry, i just saw mevisbleek's comment after i sent mine, we are on the same page!

Thanks Akanni. Will sure do that
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by ManTiger(m): 5:34am On May 21, 2015
This page is 419, I don't wanna trust everything I read therein.
angry

5 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Vycta(m): 6:33am On May 21, 2015
anthochie:

I got admitted...computer science....I didn't take GRE...didn't need IELTS..even though I schooled in Ukraine...but I have a very high gpa..from both my current university in Ukraine and from yabatech..plus iv got One year work experience in a technology unit in a new generation bank in Nigeria...and loads of certifications..I believe these are some of the criteria they consider..

Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by kfrosh: 6:51am On May 21, 2015
Morning House; plsss which bank ATM is the most trusted for Online transaction. Been trying my Eco bank Master card ATM since yesterday but transaction has been unsuccessful .
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by justwise(m): 7:24am On May 21, 2015
diamondsare4eva:

Sorry to hear about it. Whoever advised you to apply to change your B1 to F1 advised you wrongly. Its never done. U can only change your status in ur country of residence.
This kind of information can be shared between both consulate but I doubt since its nothing about treat to both countries like an act of terrorism,felony, drug related and very serious issues.
I don't think anyone can better advise on this. If your us visa is cancelled without prejudice,then I can say forget canada but go ahead but if not go ahead and apply to schools in Canada

Actually that is not true, that is legitimately done but the op got the timing wrong

(1) (2) (3) ... (417) (418) (419) (420) (421) (422) (423) ... (502)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.