Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,907 members, 7,835,026 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:16 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 7 - Travel (421) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (1156234 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (418) (419) (420) (421) (422) (423) (424) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by justwise(m): 7:30am On May 21, 2015
mevisbleek:

My brother I'm so sorry hear this. Your situation is convoluted to say the least. I can only speak for Canada. Canada and usa works together, let me give u an example, I was speeding in new York because I was rushing to make it to Toronto to get ready for work the next day, I was stopped by the police for speeding and was given a ticket. When I got into toronto in a couple of days I got another ticket in the mail by toronto police asking me to pay an additional amount because I was caught speeding in yankee also my license was seized in Canada for 30 days due to that incidence.
Back to your issue, if you over stayed your visa it will be extremely different for Canada to give you study visa cos they can easily pull up ur record from their elder brother (yankee). My advise would be to apply tho but with a strong support letter detailing why you offer stayed and also give reasons why that won't repeat itself when u get to canada. The Vo would believe that if you have done it before u can easily do it again.
I would strongly advise that u hire a reputable immigration (I don't mean all those packaging agents in naija) lawyer maybe in yankee to assist u with this battle.
It's not over my brother I've seen lawyer fight removal orders trust me.
On the yankee side it's either u take the 5yr ban and move on or fight a lawyer to fight the battle for you. I swear to you I'm not trying to sell the services of a lawyer but the Vo's kinda respect a good lawyer.
It is well my brother, no problem is worth killing Ur self over. You can pm me to talk further. I'm not an agent I'm just a dude that got study permit with the help of NL in 2009 and I like to share my personal experience and help others in return

You are coming across to me like one, i have edited your previous posts containing the same line. Please stop asking people to pm you for private chat. If you want to contact somebody here then feel free to use the PM to do that.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by justwise(m): 7:38am On May 21, 2015
Crich:
Hello house, I do not want this to seem a burden for you to read but pls, do calm down and read it. It's a real life situation, and I need input of experienced persons. Your response will be appreciated, negative or positive.

Personal profile: 31, engaged to be married, 7yrs work experience, MBA in Nigeria(I need one more degree from either US or Canada. Already gained admission for a 2yrs Leadership course to cap up my academic qualifications cos I'm looking ahead to higher leadership positions plus being an employer), just got a new job last month.

Last year, i made a trip to the U.S. on vacation. Few days to my departure from the States, there was the Ebola virus outbreak. Out of scare, my family who resides here in Nigeria advised I stayed back till it subsides. I took their advice. While i waited, i decided to apply for my Masters degree program(i planned to return to the States after getting my F1 visa in Nigeria which would be after my vacation but then, the Ebola outbreak changed everything).

I gained admission and the school advised i applied for a change of status from B2(visitor) to F1 visa. My admission was deferred for this reason. My change of status application was submitted way before the expiration of my 6months stay but the response from U.S. Immigration services came after the expiration. I could not leave the States during the processing because by my understanding of the U.S. immigration policy, it says once such application is made, no travel was allowed.

Unfortunately, I was denied the status change due to the fact that the gap between my 6months expiration and the school start date was 35days instead of a maximum of 30days (no fault of mine). I was advised to appeal and given a letter by the school, stating all the immigration laws to my advantage but i did not adhere to that because my long stay was impromptu, I wanted to come back home to my family and fiancé, and also as not to incur unlawful presence which was already accumulating due to the late response from US immigration department.

Based on these, I returned to Nigeria immediately where i applied for an F1 but was denied and given a 5yrs ban from entering the U.S. by the Visa Officer without giving me a chance to explain.
Now, I intend to apply next week. School session is this September.

My questions are:
-will this affect my Canadian study permit?
-if I apply, should state clearly, then US ban and the situation?
-if yes, should I submit docs from the US immigration of the status change denial, and the school's notice of appeal letter I was meant to submit? (So as not to be accused of misrepresentation and concealing of information when they eventually find out from the US database)
-should I go through paper or online route of study permit application?

Thanks

Unfortunately you got the timing wrong but you haven't done nothing wrong by trying to convert from B2 to F1, its not against the immigration law.

Feel free to apply for Canadian student visa and explain the situation with those documents you have, waste no money on immigration lawyers they will only suck you dry while time ticks.

First concentrate on meeting the student visa requirements then in addition explain the situation with US student visa issue. 5yrs ban by US does not mean that you will not be given Canadian visa as long as you did not misrepresent any material fact. You were just unfortunate.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Odinwa(m): 7:59am On May 21, 2015
Hello house, how is everyone doing?
I have a little problem here, when I requested for my transcripts from my school, I was applying for a different school but now I wanna apply for another school with the same transcript.
How do I do that? Bearing in mind that the name of the other school have been boldly written on it.
Thank you
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by simeon83: 8:08am On May 21, 2015
Crich:

Hello, Simeon83.
Why do u think it isn't for all applicants. Have u had d experience, or someone u know had it? Pls share.
Thanks
Yeah hi,I jz guessed sha,because of ma own experince here in naija...I wz denied in u s embassy here in naija late last year ,and leta applied @ canada embassy last 2months,thou wz delayed on only insuficient fund...and on d u s issue I did,it wz in. Anoda package,me too tot d vo wud contact d u s embsy in oda to complicate matter buh dint..that y I sed so...*d affected person shud nt rely on dis oo*thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by babbs45: 8:09am On May 21, 2015
Julietdanny:
CAN SOMEON PLEASE GIVE ME A GUIDE PLEASE....I really do need to know what to do....I just took ielts and got 6.5, and hubby can't take cos of poor educational background to add up to my points,do I reapply as single mother? Will I be refused for d score not being up to 7 ?please someone pls help before I make a mistake please. For permanent residents Unger FSPW.

https://www.nairaland.com/1279130/canadian-federal-skilled-worker-program-timelines

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Waledarep(m): 8:30am On May 21, 2015
Odinwa:
I have a little problem here, when I requested for my transcripts from my school, I was applying for a different school but now I wanna apply for another school with the same transcript.
How do I do that? Bearing in mind that the name of the other school have been boldly written on it.
Thank you

You simply request for another copy or explain yourself to the people in charge requesting for the possibility of having the address changed.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by richcasey: 8:38am On May 21, 2015
@justwise, i'd like to send you the letter of sponsorship from my dad if it's good enough. where can i send it to?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by SeraSera(m): 9:03am On May 21, 2015
kfrosh:
Morning House; plsss which bank ATM is the most trusted for Online transaction. Been trying my Eco bank Master card ATM since yesterday but transaction has been unsuccessful .

Try GTB Mastercard. Worked like a charm for me.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by SeraSera(m): 9:05am On May 21, 2015
Odinwa:
Thank you

You request for another one.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by justwise(m): 9:34am On May 21, 2015
richcasey:
@justwise, i'd like to send you the letter of sponsorship from my dad if it's good enough. where can i send it to?

Replied your pm
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by kol1234: 10:01am On May 21, 2015
@Fablady:

Got reply in march
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by omooba2015(m): 10:23am On May 21, 2015
justicia:
How did u tackle ur first refusal in ur second app.
I change my sponsor,and the account of the sponsor,the man just input the money in d account and i printed my the SOA, but i think d mistake is,the money should be in the account for at least one month.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Odinwa(m): 11:37am On May 21, 2015
Waledarep:

You simply request for another copy or explain yourself to the people in charge requesting for the possibility of having the address changed.

I am thinking of mutilating the school's name then photocopy it, then I will certify the photocopy. Won't that work?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 11:48am On May 21, 2015
Odinwa:

I am thinking of mutilating the school's name then photocopy it, then I will certify the photocopy. Won't that work?
That's FRAUD!!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by mevisbleek: 11:53am On May 21, 2015
justwise:

You are coming across to me like one, i have edited your previous posts containing the same line. Please stop asking people to pm you for private chat. If you want to contact somebody here then feel free to use the PM to do that.

Dude I'm kinda feeling insulted. Ask anyone that have sent me a pm if I've ever solicited for funds or been biased. You should learn how to talk to talk to people. It's all good thoj
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by tbaib(f): 11:57am On May 21, 2015
Why do you choose canada to study? Just seeking honest oppinions
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by justwise(m): 11:57am On May 21, 2015
mevisbleek:

Dude I'm kinda feeling insulted. Ask anyone that have sent me a pm if I've ever solicited for funds or been biased
. You should learn how to talk to talk to people. It's all good thoj

There is no point doing that, I'm basically saying to you to avoid asking people to contact you privately for chat, if you want to contact people feel free to do that.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by tbaib(f): 11:59am On May 21, 2015
mevisbleek:

Dude I'm kinda feeling insulted. Ask anyone that have sent me a pm if I've ever solicited for funds or been biased. You should learn how to talk to talk to people. It's all good thoj

I think you are just being courteous, abroad we usually say pm. So that we dont discuss people life in public. But if its something that can favour everyone else. The person that u shared with can also come here to share it...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Crich(f): 11:59am On May 21, 2015
justwise:

Hi Justwise,
I actually have 'pm.ed' him. He isn't an agent. He is just like us. I guess that statement was just an innocent one in a bid to offer an advice.
Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by justwise(m): 12:05pm On May 21, 2015
Crich:

Hi Justwise,
I actually have 'pm.ed' him. He isn't an agent. He is just like us. I guess that statement was just an innocent one in a bid to offer an advice.
Thanks

Bro this thread is the fastest growing thread in this section purely because people make their contributions openly here, private conversations will not be available to others here to benefit from.

If somebody gives you wrong advice in private it's difficult to spot but when such happened openly here somebody will spot it.

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Crich(f): 12:05pm On May 21, 2015
simeon83:
Yeah hi,I jz guessed sha,because of ma own experince here in naija...I wz denied in u s embassy here in naija late last year ,and leta applied @ canada embassy last 2months,thou wz delayed on only insuficient fund...and on d u s issue I did,it wz in. Anoda package,me too tot d vo wud contact d u s embsy in oda to complicate matter buh dint..that y I sed so...*d affected person shud nt rely on dis oo*thanks

Oh! These are two different situations. Mine was not just a denial but a ban.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Crich(f): 12:11pm On May 21, 2015
justwise:

Bro this thread is the fastest growing thread in this section purely because people make their contributions openly here, private conversations will not be available to others here to benefit from.

If somebody gives you wrong advice in private it's difficult to spot but when such happened openly here somebody will spot it.

I'm a lady but I get it. You are right though.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by simeon83: 12:12pm On May 21, 2015
Solo8:

I don't understand what your trying to say but thats the reason why you have a passport. If you've been to canada the US knows your travel history when they run your passport and vice versa.

Ok....true true over dere
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by diamondsare4eva: 12:12pm On May 21, 2015
@Justwise, no university will admit on a B1 visa. Its only colleges but you will not be given a sevis number. So how will you be in school without sevis. The lawyers will just eat your money and will not do anything.
Its a system I understand how it works.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by justwise(m): 12:14pm On May 21, 2015
Crich:

I'm a lady but I get it. You are right though.

My apologies.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by berexio1: 12:14pm On May 21, 2015
@Taike..Did u see my PM?Please respond.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Waledarep(m): 12:14pm On May 21, 2015
Odinwa:

You don't need to stress yourself with that. Just request for another one Shikena.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by tbaib(f): 12:15pm On May 21, 2015
Crich:

If you are not asked dont say. Is there anywhere on your form that asks if you have been banned from usa? If yes say the truth cause theyll know they track people especially immigrants.

Canada only cares about money and criminal records of foreign applicants

They also want proof that you are valuable in your country and not just going to come here and sit down after what u do to stay in canada after you get it is up to u. But the before part is more important

There is nothing prayer cant solve(if you are a christian or in any religion)

Also there is this province application category some are looking for immigrants. I think quebec (Please browse more on it for info)
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by tbaib(f): 12:16pm On May 21, 2015
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by justwise(m): 12:16pm On May 21, 2015
diamondsare4eva:
@Justwise, no university will admit on a B1 visa. Its only colleges but you will not be given a sevis number. So how will you be in school without sevis. The lawyers will just eat your money and will not do anything.
Its a system I understand how it works.

Do you actually understand how conversation from B2 to F1 works?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by simeon83: 12:18pm On May 21, 2015
Crich:

Ok...please,contact an immigration lawyer...it is well

(1) (2) (3) ... (418) (419) (420) (421) (422) (423) (424) ... (502)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.