Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,200 members, 7,815,187 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:41 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 7 - Travel (450) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (1149973 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (447) (448) (449) (450) (451) (452) (453) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Solo8(m): 11:18am On May 29, 2015
easyxtan:

yes i've scanned all my documents but i dont know the size for now. pls which program is that cos i already scanned them as pdt but one by one

Select all the files, right click and then properties. It'll tell the total size. You have to know the total size, so you don't waste time and have to do it again.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by sholay2011(m): 11:19am On May 29, 2015
easyxtan:

Which Location are you and where did you scan your documents. i dont know how to acceess the latest scanner
Lol...don't mind me with the phrase 'the latest scanner'. Wanted to also scan my documents somewhere this week but the scanner wasn't capable of scanning many documents as one single document. That was why I used the phrase.

I'm in Lagos, Ogba ..scanned my documents at home with 'our latest scanner' grin.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by berexio1: 11:41am On May 29, 2015
easyxtan:

How can i scan them as one document?
You dont need to rescan...Download acrobat reader, it can help you combine the files in the order you want them to appear, you can also compress the size to make it smaller, you can also delete any page you dont want...So download it then select all the scanned pdf files and right-click combine files with acrobat...

Cheers!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by easyxtan: 11:42am On May 29, 2015
sholay2011:

Lol...don't mind me with the phrase 'the latest scanner'. Wanted to also scan my documents somewhere this week but the scanner wasn't capable of scanning many documents as one single document. That was why I used the phrase.

I'm in Lagos, Ogba ..scanned my documents at home with 'our latest scanner' grin.

I am in ogba too, college road, please can you gave me your number
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by sholay2011(m): 11:48am On May 29, 2015
easyxtan:

I am in ogba too, college road, please can you give me your number
Wow...really? I'm at Yaya abatan road.

I've sent you a PM. Check your mail.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by easyxtan: 11:58am On May 29, 2015
sholay2011:

I replied you, did you get it?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by sholay2011(m): 12:00pm On May 29, 2015
easyxtan:

I replied you, did you get it?
Yup.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Padike: 12:01pm On May 29, 2015
hayqinsbFX:
Okay padike,
Did that happen this year...

Because in the approval letter that's bn sent, there's a paragraph which says print this along with your passport and show it to the immigration officer.

Does everybody have to take this letter along with the passport at the POE
Thanks
It happened in December, early December, and no not everyone, I'm guessing the one you are talking about is letter of introduction, and it's not compulsory as I was not given too. Online tho
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by hayqinsbFX: 12:15pm On May 29, 2015
Okay

Lemme sha cross my fingers and wait for what they have in store for me
Padike:

It happened in December, early December, and no not everyone, I'm guessing the one you are talking about is letter of introduction, and it's not compulsory as I was not given too. Online tho
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by tnuola(f): 12:25pm On May 29, 2015
sholay2011:

See my area people :d
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by sholay2011(m): 12:32pm On May 29, 2015
tnuola:

See my area people :d
Oh boi...ma'am...where you dey for Ogba o?

I really admire your vibe on this thread.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by tnuola(f): 12:35pm On May 29, 2015
sholay2011:

Oh boi...ma'am...where you dey for Ogba o?

I really admire your vibe on this thread.

Lol.. Thanks

Grew up on Oyemekun road, moved to iju now tho, but I'm in ogba very often.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by sholay2011(m): 12:36pm On May 29, 2015
tnuola:

Lol.. Thanks

Grew up on Oyemekun road, moved to iju now tho, but I'm there very often.
Wow...that's cool.

Nice.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by tnuola(f): 12:40pm On May 29, 2015
sholay2011:

Wow...that's cool.

Nice.

Where in yaya abatan is yours? Worked at thomas salako for a long while too, with Encomium
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Cally14(f): 12:45pm On May 29, 2015
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by sholay2011(m): 1:15pm On May 29, 2015
tnuola:

Where in yaya abatan is yours? Worked at thomas salako for a long while too, with Encomium
No 37, Yaya abatan road.

Dunno Encomium though. I will say I'm still new in lag.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by invincible2006: 1:43pm On May 29, 2015
OK! some good news at last, after about 7 weeks of waiting, praying and hopping for the best, i have just received my medical request from CIC...i know i haven't been on the timeline but i have been observing stuffs from the background to help me reduce the tension, i always prayed to be the one to share some good news after seeing many refusals lately and God has answered my prayers. i applied on 11 April and did my Biometrics on 16 April....will update you guys about the docs i submitted in a couple of hours cos i'm going out now...and lastly thanks to everyone on this forum who has helped me when i posted my first question, and also those that have been helping others, and to the rest of the medical hopefuls, I WISH YOU GUYS THE VERY BEST...i must say the waiting is not easy, probably the hardest part of Canada visa application.

20 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by hayqinsbFX: 1:50pm On May 29, 2015
Sighs of rrelief!

Congratulations @invincible2006

I AM NEXT!

6 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Taike: 1:53pm On May 29, 2015
Congratulations!!

invincible2006:
OK! some good news at last, after about 7 weeks of waiting, praying and hopping for the best, i have just received my medical request from CIC...i know i haven't been on the timeline but i have been observing stuffs from the background to help me reduce the tension, i always prayed to be the one to share some good news after seeing many refusals lately and God has answered my prayers. i applied on 11 April and did my Biometrics on 16 April....will update you guys about the docs i submitted in a couple of hours cos i'm going out now...and lastly thanks to everyone on this forum who has helped me when i posted my first question, and also those that have been helping others, and to the rest of the medical hopefuls, I WISH YOU GUYS THE VERY BEST...i must say the waiting is not easy, probably the hardest part of Canada visa application.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Ugochux(m): 2:05pm On May 29, 2015
Finally!!!! Online route!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 2:05pm On May 29, 2015
invincible2006:

*Sighs*

Congratulations and good luck.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by morgan2006(m): 2:34pm On May 29, 2015
Congratulations bro. I tap into your testimony.

invincible2006:

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Ugochux(m): 2:44pm On May 29, 2015
I think future applicants should consider 'upfront medical' examination....the visa processing time nw eeh!!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by CruzAj(m): 2:49pm On May 29, 2015
invincible2006:
Congrats man.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Cally14(f): 3:02pm On May 29, 2015
invincible2006:

Congratulations
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 3:09pm On May 29, 2015
Thank you so much my e-family! All thanks and glory to God for doing it! You have been of great help to me though I have been silent. I just received a mail requesting my passport.

Online application, 14th April 2015, Biometrics 16th April 2015, UNB, PhD Geodesy and Geomatics Engineering. Passport requested 29th May 2015.

Documents submitted:

Financial documents
Four months' SOA with a balance of 4.4m
Scholarship award letter by my state government
International Differential fee Scholarship from UNB worth 4200+ CAD for three years

Employment:
Letter of appointment
Letter of promotion
Letter of introduction
Work ID
Four months' payslip

Travel History
UK and Ireland

Letter of Acceptance
Certificate of Acceptance
Undergraduate transcript
MSc transcript
Birth certificate
NYSC certificate

Letter of Explanation
SOP

Quick question folks:

There is an instruction in the letter that was sent to me that: your passport must be valid for the duration of your expected stay in Canada. Please note we cannot issue a visa beyond the expiry date of the passport.

Please can I renew my passport now before handing-it to them because my passport expires in February 2016 and I am going for a 4 year program.

Thank you all once again!

12 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by hayqinsbFX: 3:11pm On May 29, 2015
That guy that said 5 good news had better make it open ended now!...
2 gone already!..
Lol

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Ugochux(m): 3:17pm On May 29, 2015
@JohnDuke259,
Congrats sir!!!!!
The msg frm cic is self explanatory...
Hmmm, I doubt if u cn renew ur international passport 8months to expiration...*i stand to be corrected*
All d'best!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Ugochux(m): 3:19pm On May 29, 2015
hayqinsbFX:
That guy that said 5 good news had better make it open ended now!...
2 gone already!..
Lol

No fear bro, you follow...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by babbs45: 3:28pm On May 29, 2015
mevisbleek:

Good day mr solo, after living in Canada for a minute I totally agree with you on the keeping church aside.

However, haven lived in naija, Kai I will understand why we can't keep church aside. U need God oh. For something as little as visa one can use diabolical means to make sure that u never get the visa (all them our village people). My brother u won't understand. Naija tough. Lol

I know that u cannot comprehend the juju things. Juju is a real as HIV, until e catch u before u go believe.

Please don't crucify me. I'm just saying oh

Lol... Juju is not real. Na your mind wey dey do you so.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 3:32pm On May 29, 2015
Ugochux:
@JohnDuke259,
Congrats sir!!!!!
The msg frm cic is self explanatory...
Hmmm, I doubt if u cn renew ur international passport 8months to expiration...*i stand to be corrected*
All d'best!!

Thank you so much Bro! Yours is on the way. I will find out from immigration if I can renew it.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Ugochux(m): 3:36pm On May 29, 2015
JohnDuke259:

Thank you so much Bro! Yours is on the way. I will find out from immigration if I can renew it.

Amen ooo...thanks plenty..
Na naija we dey naa, so anything is possible, *winks*
Safe trip to maple land..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (447) (448) (449) (450) (451) (452) (453) ... (502)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / USA Visit Visa Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.