Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,230 members, 7,815,297 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:24 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 7 - Travel (453) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (1149997 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (450) (451) (452) (453) (454) (455) (456) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Moheat(m): 10:58pm On May 29, 2015
tnuola:

Have no fear.. Your mail will get to u soon. They're making a lil extra verifications.

It will end in praise.

Thanks Sis. wish you all the best too

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by invincible2006: 11:05pm On May 29, 2015
Jengbetiele:
Congrats to the TRV choppers. More of that. Darefestus, you are next. My candid advice to anyone comming here to study anything computing even if its business computing or anything IT related........girdle your loins with alot of programming languages,if you still have the time, look for a software company and do volunteering jobs. learn practicals enough practicals.....dem computer science here no be beans o. Na serious business. If you see codes that first year ,second year students are writting here ehnnn.....It is not a playing matter I am serious....Learn as much as you can before comming so you won't be like romanus in class...Godbless

my big Oga Jengbetiele Sir, i dey great...sorry i forget to personally thank you cos you helped me alot...i really packaged my application based on what you have submitted...will contact you if i have something more to ask.

And about the programming stuffs, thank God i'm good at it smiley i program in almost all the latest programming languages...programming is my hobby, that's what i do for fun...and it fetch me alot of money...LOL grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 11:06pm On May 29, 2015
Jengbetiele:
Congrats to the TRV choppers. More of that. Darefestus, you are next. My candid advice to anyone comming here to study anything computing even if its business computing or anything IT related........girdle your loins with alot of programming languages,if you still have the time, look for a software company and do volunteering jobs. learn practicals enough practicals.....dem computer science here no be beans o. Na serious business. If you see codes that first year ,second year students are writting here ehnnn.....It is not a playing matter I am serious....Learn as much as you can before comming so you won't be like romanus in class...Godbless

Amen, boss mi.

Me don dey pratice my Matlab and 'R' small small..Na This Cic matter dey kill my ginger.

It is well sha.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by ddbluv: 11:06pm On May 29, 2015
Onyeoma3:

No offence meant sir.

If you've been called for medicals at this point, and you're still here complaining about the price... E get as e be ooo(unless you're just cracking jokes and relieving the tension in the house)... Some people dream to be in this your position day and night.

Start preparing you mind for the expenses in Canada (esp the monthly rent) cos by the time you do the conversion in naira, your body go tell...

Congrats on your medicals though... And to answer your question, that's the cheapest price you can get wink...

See you in Maple land...

- Please update me, I have not been called for medicals, the CIC website informed me to undertake medicals after the short questions asked on the site. I was asked if I was from a designated country? I clicked Yes.. Was I wrong?
Can I apply online without doing medicals?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by invincible2006: 11:11pm On May 29, 2015
ddbluv:

- Please update me, I have not been called for medicals, the CIC website informed me to undertake medicals after the short questions asked on the site. I was asked if I was from a designated country? I clicked Yes.. Was I wrong?
Can I apply online without doing medicals?

Yes you can, their is a form called "Request for medical exams" that what you will upload in the place they ask for it...check my previous post..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by tnuola(f): 11:13pm On May 29, 2015
invincible2006:

Yes you can, their is a form called "Request for medical exams" that what you will upload in the place they ask for it...check my previous post..

I don't get, so you didn't do medicals atall or what?

Don't confuse him too much.
I think he wants to know if he won't have to do medicals atall.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by invincible2006: 11:14pm On May 29, 2015
A quick question, please has anybody here does his/her medicals in Abuja Clinics, Abuja?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by invincible2006: 11:20pm On May 29, 2015
tnuola:

Don't confuse that dude too much

Nothing confusing here, i did not do medicals yet, there is a form called request for medical exams which you will download and upload, it basically says you want CIC to contact you for medicals...that's if you choose you live in one of the designated countries which Nigeria is among...i saw alot of people here answering no to the question about living in one of the designated countries which i personally feel it's wrong since Nigeria is among, if you choose you have not don upfront Medical exams, CIC will ask for "Request for medical exams" not "Proof of Medical Exams" they are two different things...thank you

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by ddbluv: 11:20pm On May 29, 2015
invincible2006:

Let me be specific, Is Nigeria a designated country "Have you visited or lived in any one of the designated countries for 6 consecutive months in the last year?" Yes/No
I searched the site and got this 2 links for designated countries,
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/medical/dcl.asp
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/refugees/reform-safe.asp
Nigeria is included in first one only...
I believe this will determine if I am to submit a medical report now or later.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by ddbluv: 11:22pm On May 29, 2015
invincible2006:

Nothing confusing here, i did not do medicals yet, there is a form called request for medical exams which you will download and upload, it basically says you want CIC to contact you for medicals...that's if you choose you live in one of the designated countries which Nigeria is among...i saw alot of people here answering no to the question about living in one of the designated countries which i personally feel it's wrong since Nigeria is among, if you choose you have not don upfront Medical exams, CIC will ask for "Request for medical exams" not "Proof of Medical Exams" they are two different things...thank you

Thanks bruv!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by tnuola(f): 11:23pm On May 29, 2015
invincible2006:

Nothing confusing here, i did not do medicals yet, there is a form called request for medical exams which you will download and upload, it basically says you want CIC to contact you for medicals...that if you choose you live in one of the designated countries which Nigeria is among...i saw alot of people here answering no to the question about living in one of the designated countries which i personally feel it's wrong is Nigeria is among, if you choose you have not don upfront Medical exams, CIC will ask for "Request for medical exams" not "Proof of Medical Exams" they are two different things...thank you

My Dear,Read his question again and his post before now, he thinks the medicals is too expensive for 28k, so he's looking for a way out.

You should point out to him that, he dsnt have to do medicals before submitting but when he's asked to do so.
#allimsaying
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by tnuola(f): 11:26pm On May 29, 2015
ddbluv:

Let me be specific, Is Nigeria a designated country "Have you visited or lived in any one of the designated countries for 6 consecutive months in the last year?" Yes/No
I searched the site and got this 2 links for designated countries,
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/medical/dcl.asp
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/refugees/reform-safe.asp
Nigeria is included in first one only...
I believe this will determine if I am to submit a medical report now or later.

@invincible2006 what I just said, I hope u understand me now? @last sentence up there
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by invincible2006: 11:26pm On May 29, 2015
tnuola:

My Dear,Read his question again and his post before now, he thinks the medicals is too expensive for 28k, so he's looking for a way out.

You should point out to him that, he dsnt have to do medicals before submitting but when he's asked to do so.
#allimsaying

Oh yeah you are right, he must do medicals one way or the other if he lives in Nigeria for the past 6 consecutive months...either upfront or when CIC contact him to go for it...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by tnuola(f): 11:28pm On May 29, 2015
invincible2006:

Oh yeah you are right, he must do medicals one way or the other if he lives in Nigeria for the past 6 consecutive months...either upfront or when CIC contact him to go for it...

That's what I was tryna point out but u got defensive .. Lol

Its all good tho cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Jengbetiele: 11:28pm On May 29, 2015
invincible2006:

my big Oga Jengbetiele Sir, i dey great...sorry i forget to personally thank you cos you helped me alot...i really packaged my application based on what you have submitted...will contact you if i have something more to ask.

And about the programming stuffs, thank God i'm good at it smiley i program in almost all the latest programming languages...programming is my hobby, that's what i do for fun...and it fetch me alot of money...LOL grin

Really....congrats.....you are fit for the Job then...Programming is very lucrative here but its not for the faint hearted. I have meet peeps from African countries here that got in for computer science and had to run to other departments no thanks to the theoretical garbage they taught majority of us in Nigeria . Infact some had to start new UG in something entirely different from computer science and its acquaintances while some had to even leave because you mustnt fall below a B standing which is 75 percent out of 100 else you will be advised to withdraw hahahahahahhahaaha.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by invincible2006: 11:31pm On May 29, 2015
tnuola:

@invincible2006 what I just said, I hope u understand me now? @last sentence up there

Guy don't confuse your self just because of the medicals money, only the fist link talked about medicals which you can clearly see Nigeria, the second link talk about some refugee thing...

If you live in Nigeria you must do medicals either way...upfront or when you are ask to go for it....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Crich(f): 11:31pm On May 29, 2015
tnuola:

Nope, u either do ur medicals before u submit and submit along with your application... Or u wait till ure asked to do so

Oh Really! Thanks
So, how long does it take to get d medical report?
How much is it?
I plan to go to Children practitioner or sth like dt. The one at Ikoyi
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by tnuola(f): 11:34pm On May 29, 2015
invincible2006:

Guy don't confuse your self just because of the medicals money, only the fist link talked about medicals which you can clearly see Nigeria, the second link talk about some refugee thing...

If you live in Nigeria you must do medicals either way...upfront or when you are ask to go for it....

@ddbluv this is for you sir
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Crich(f): 11:35pm On May 29, 2015
invincible2006:

If you did not do an upfront medical exams and you apply online, when feeling the online questionnaire you will see the question that ask if you did an upfront medical exams, if you choose no, then the next question will be if you live in one of the designated countries(which Nigeria is among), if you choose yes then during your online application you will see a place that will ask for a form called "Request for medical exams", just click on the question mark to the right you will see a link to download the form, download and tick the place they ask if you will like CIC to contact you for medicals, upload the form and that all.

Cool thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by tnuola(f): 11:35pm On May 29, 2015
Crich:

Oh Really! Thanks
So, how long does it take to get d medical report?
How much is it?
I plan to go to Children practitioner or sth like dt. The one at Ikoyi

28k, I've never done medicals before o, but I guess it takes about a week or so.

If you're doing upfront, you get it same day so u cn include in your app.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by invincible2006: 11:38pm On May 29, 2015
Jengbetiele:

Really....congrats.....you are fit for the Job then...Programming is very lucrative here but its not for the faint hearted. I have meet peeps from African countries here that got in for computer science and had to run to other departments no thanks to the theoretical garbage they taught majority of us in Nigeria . Infact some had to start new UG in something entirely different from computer science and its acquaintances while some had to even leave because you mustnt fall below a B standing which is 75 percent out of 100 else you will be advised to withdraw hahahahahahhahaaha.

LOL this is serious, well then we'll see what we can do...yeah i agree with you they taught us musty theory here in Nigeria...but since i personally love programming computer and other mobile devices, i had to learn everything by myself...now i guess it's time to gain from all my hard work...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Jengbetiele: 11:41pm On May 29, 2015
invincible2006:

LOL this is serious, well then we'll see what we can do...yeah i agree with you they taught us musty theory here in Nigeria...but since i personally love programming computer and other mobile devices, i had to learn everything by myself...now i guess it's time to gain from all my hard work...
how about algorithm?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by ddbluv: 11:48pm On May 29, 2015
Anyone in house who has this form
"Application for Study Permit Made Outside of Canada (IMM1294)" (Opens a new window)
I have downloaded the latest adobe version all to no avail.. wouldnt mind if any1 could send a softcopy to me
Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by invincible2006: 11:52pm On May 29, 2015
ddbluv:
Anyone in house who has this form
"Application for Study Permit Made Outside of Canada (IMM1294)" (Opens a new window)
I have downloaded the latest adobe version all to no avail.. wouldnt mind if any1 could send a softcopy to me
Thanks

First you need to download it to your computer before you can open it using Adobe Reader...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by invincible2006: 11:54pm On May 29, 2015
Jengbetiele:
how about algorithm?

Well, one can't be a good programmer without knowing how to write good algorithms... You translate algorithms into code... So algorithms are the first step towards software development... Are you also doing Computer Science?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Ugochux(m): 11:56pm On May 29, 2015
tnuola:

Don't confuse him too much. I think he wants to know if he won't have to do medicals atall.
As in eeh...I'm even confused sef..

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by ddbluv: 11:58pm On May 29, 2015
invincible2006:

First you need to download it to your computer before you can open it using Adobe Reader...

Its not downloading, thats the ish. wouldnt mind if you could send it to moi
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by invincible2006: 12:02am On May 30, 2015
Send your email I'll try and sent it tomorrow... I'm not on my computer now...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by ddbluv: 12:04am On May 30, 2015
invincible2006:
Send your email I'll try and sent it tomorrow... I'm not on my computer now...

Please how do they send private msg here? even though am not Dangote, cant afford to drop my email here for uncertainties
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by invincible2006: 12:08am On May 30, 2015
ddbluv:

Please how do they send private msg here? even though am not Dangote, cant afford to drop my email here for uncertainties

Sorry I'm not familiar with NL stuffs too since I'm also new here... But I guess others can help you with that...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 12:22am On May 30, 2015
ddbluv:

Google it..You will find a link to download
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Chars1289: 12:23am On May 30, 2015
ddbluv:

use internet explorer to dl it

(1) (2) (3) ... (450) (451) (452) (453) (454) (455) (456) ... (502)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / USA Visit Visa Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.