Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,298 members, 7,815,532 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:04 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 7 - Travel (451) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (1150052 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (448) (449) (450) (451) (452) (453) (454) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Joe980: 3:36pm On May 29, 2015
JohnDuke259:
Quick question folks:

There is an instruction in the letter that was sent to me that: your passport must be valid for the duration of your expected stay in Canada. Please note we cannot issue a visa beyond the expiry date of the passport.

Please can I renew my passport now before handing-it to them because my passport expires in February 2016 and I am going for a 4 year program.

Thank you all once again!
You can always renew your passport when you get in. No issue at all. Congratulations!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by harkinhola: 3:40pm On May 29, 2015
JohnDuke259:

Thank you so much Bro! Yours is on the way. I will find out from immigration if I can renew it.

Congratulations on the passport request. It could be difficult renewing if you still have 6months validity, however things do happen in Nigeria.
But note that your applied for visa with your old passport and it carries your passport number and all, I am not sure if you can tender a different passport for visa stamping at this stage.

Also if you go ahead with this old passport, your visa will expire by Feb 2016, but you can renew in Canada, the only sad part is that you will have to travel to Ottawa for passport renewal, and I guess your location is far from Ottawa.

Do your investigation well, and enjoy this good news as you prepare to come to Canada.

Cheers!!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 3:44pm On May 29, 2015
@JohnDuke259

Congratulations.. God bless the works of your hands.

The storm appears to be over for Online applications o.

Oya who is next?

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Joe980: 3:46pm On May 29, 2015
Cherokee:

So when i want to reapply, I suppose i will include a new sponsor's statement of account as well as letter of sponsorship?... Do i have to also go for my biometrics again?... By the way how did u tackle ur case after the initial denial?
All correct(repackaged letter though). I changed sponsor from uncle to my mum.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 3:52pm On May 29, 2015
Joe980:
You can always renew your passport when you get in. No issue at all. Congratulations!

Thanks Bro! I will just send the old one.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by tnuola(f): 3:53pm On May 29, 2015
JohnDuke259:

Thank you so much Bro! Yours is on the way. I will find out from immigration if I can renew it.

Congrats....
Have in mind that you tendered the data page of your present passport, so you might be bringing up issues for yourself if you renew now..

You can renew in canada.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 3:59pm On May 29, 2015
harkinhola:

Congratulations on the passport request. It could be difficult renewing if you still have 6months validity, however things do happen in Nigeria.
But note that your applied for visa with your old passport and it carries your passport number and all, I am not sure if you can tender a different passport for visa stamping at this stage.

Also if you go ahead with this old passport, your visa will expire by Feb 2016, but you can renew in Canada, the only sad part is that you will have to travel to Ottawa for passport renewal, and I guess your location is far from Ottawa.

Do your investigation well, and enjoy this good news as you prepare to come to Canada.

Cheers!!!

Thanks Bro! That was very expository. I will hand-in the old one. Ottawa is quite a distance from Fredericton but I don't have a choice.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by NaD720: 3:59pm On May 29, 2015
invincible2006:
OK! some good news at last, after about 7 weeks of waiting, praying and hopping for the best, i have just received my medical request from CIC...i know i haven't been on the timeline but i have been observing stuffs from the background to help me reduce the tension, i always prayed to be the one to share some good news after seeing many refusals lately and God has answered my prayers. i applied on 11 April and did my Biometrics on 16 April....will update you guys about the docs i submitted in a couple of hours cos i'm going out now...and lastly thanks to everyone on this forum who has helped me when i posted my first question, and also those that have been helping others, and to the rest of the medical hopefuls, I WISH YOU GUYS THE VERY BEST...i must say the waiting is not easy, probably the hardest part of Canada visa application.
Congratulations Bro! Whew! At last, Medical calls has started flowing in....Who's gon be Next? I know this week is a very promising week.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 4:00pm On May 29, 2015
tnuola:

Congrats....
Have in mind that you tendered the data page of your present passport, so you might be bringing up issues for yourself if you renew now..

You can renew in canada.

Thanks Sis. I will do just that. Cheers!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by mevisbleek: 4:05pm On May 29, 2015
Joe980:

Please renew your passport before u leave naija it's the best thing to do. Those guys in naija embassy in Ottawa go take u do yeye, they are so lazy.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Joe980: 4:11pm On May 29, 2015
mevisbleek:
Please renew your passport before u leave naija it's the best thing to do. Those guys in naija embassy in Ottawa go take u do yeye, they are so lazy.
Oga mi, how is he going to handle the one he has on record at the moment? We hope there would be change at the embassy. We will start using the media to our advantage.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by mevisbleek: 4:13pm On May 29, 2015
JohnDuke259:
Thank you so much my e-family! All thanks and glory to God for doing it! You have been of great help to me though I have been silent. I just received a mail requesting my passport.

Online application, 14th April 2015, Biometrics 16th April 2015, UNB, PhD Geodesy and Geomatics Engineering. Passport requested 29th May 2015.

Documents submitted:

Financial documents
Four months' SOA with a balance of 4.4m
Scholarship award letter by my state government
International Differential fee Scholarship from UNB worth 4200+ CAD for three years

Employment:
Letter of appointment
Letter of promotion
Letter of introduction
Work ID
Four months' payslip

Travel History
UK and Ireland

Letter of Acceptance
Certificate of Acceptance
Undergraduate transcript
MSc transcript
Birth certificate
NYSC certificate

Letter of Explanation
SOP

Quick question folks:

There is an instruction in the letter that was sent to me that: your passport must be valid for the duration of your expected stay in Canada. Please note we cannot issue a visa beyond the expiry date of the passport.

Please can I renew my passport now before handing-it to them because my passport expires in February 2016 and I am going for a 4 year program.

Bro congrats. If to say u no even add any extra doc, just application fee receipt and letter of admission from school them for still give u visa sef. How many Canadians dey do phd? Lol.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by mevisbleek: 4:16pm On May 29, 2015
Joe980:
Oga mi, how is he going to handle the one he has on record at the moment? We hope there would be change at the embassy. We will start using the media to our advantage.

Attach the new to the old and send both passports to cic, it ain't a big deal na. When I applied for pr I used a different passport number and when I got passport request I just attached both and sent no biggy.
I guess our brother is super excited at this time. Oya come do am when u enter Canada but bear in mind travel cost to Ottawa, hotel in Ottawa and constantly calling to 1-888-2422100 to ask plenty questions plus small fee again. Congrats once again
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by harkinhola: 4:20pm On May 29, 2015
mevisbleek:

My oga, good morning for that your end. if it is possible for him to renew from Nigeria that might be fine, but I disagree with you on the bolded.
I heard alot of bad stuffs about the Ottawa embassy, but I renewed my passport there in less than 2 hours, and I have had dealings with them 3 times this year, all my experience with them was first class, far better than any service I got from any Nigeria agency even while in Nigeria.

Maybe they were bad before now, but things have changed for the better. I am proud of them.

7 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Padike: 4:26pm On May 29, 2015
hayqinsbFX:
Okay

Lemme sha cross my fingers and wait for what they have in store for me
Yea
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by invincible2006: 4:29pm On May 29, 2015
Thanks to everyone who has congratulated me... And again to those waiting for medicals email I WISH YOU THE VERY BEST while you wait...stay positive and pray hard... Do your part and leave the rest to God.

4 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by vicarsenal(m): 4:42pm On May 29, 2015
Congrats to Invisible2006 and Johnduke. Truly Change is in the air.

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by mevisbleek: 4:51pm On May 29, 2015
harkinhola:

My oga, good morning for that your end. if it is possible for him to renew from Nigeria that might be fine, but I disagree with you on the bolded.
I heard alot of bad stuffs about the Ottawa embassy, but I renewed my passport there in less than 2 hours, and I have had dealings with them 3 times this year, all my experience with them was first class, far better than any service I got from any Nigeria agency even while in Nigeria.

Maybe they were bad before now, but things have changed for the better. I am proud of them.

Eh. I'm so happy to hear that one oh. If na so then I guess Ottawa it is for our brother. Lol
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 4:54pm On May 29, 2015
darefestus:
@JohnDuke259

Congratulations.. God bless the works of your hands.

The storm appears to be over for Online applications o.

Oya who is next?

Thank you so much Bro! I was almost perturbed by the wave of delay for online application recently.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by stevemims(m): 4:56pm On May 29, 2015
invincible2006:
Thanks to everyone who has congratulated me... And again to those waiting for medicals email I WISH YOU THE VERY BEST while you wait...stay positive and pray hard... Do your part and leave the rest to God.
Bro,your docs abeg!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 4:59pm On May 29, 2015
mevisbleek:

Bro congrats. If to say u no even add any extra doc, just application fee receipt and letter of admission from school them for still give u visa sef. How many Canadians dey do phd? Lol.

Thanks Bro! You funny o!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 5:02pm On May 29, 2015
mevisbleek:

Attach the new to the old and send both passports to cic, it ain't a big deal na. When I applied for pr I used a different passport number and when I got passport request I just attached both and sent no biggy.
I guess our brother is super excited at this time. Oya come do am when u enter Canada but bear in mind travel cost to Ottawa, hotel in Ottawa and constantly calling to 1-888-2422100 to ask plenty questions plus small fee again. Congrats once again

Thanks Bro!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 5:03pm On May 29, 2015
vicarsenal:
Congrats to Invisible2006 and Johnduke. Truly Change is in the air.

Thanks Bro! 'Change' starts today.

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 5:06pm On May 29, 2015
invincible2006:
OK! some good news at last, after about 7 weeks of waiting, praying and hopping for the best, i have just received my medical request from CIC...i know i haven't been on the timeline but i have been observing stuffs from the background to help me reduce the tension, i always prayed to be the one to share some good news after seeing many refusals lately and God has answered my prayers. i applied on 11 April and did my Biometrics on 16 April....will update you guys about the docs i submitted in a couple of hours cos i'm going out now...and lastly thanks to everyone on this forum who has helped me when i posted my first question, and also those that have been helping others, and to the rest of the medical hopefuls, I WISH YOU GUYS THE VERY BEST...i must say the waiting is not easy, probably the hardest part of Canada visa application.

Congrats Bro!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Opesyy(m): 5:39pm On May 29, 2015
You cant renew it until it is 6 months but if you have to, you would go to the Immigration HQ with your intl passport, 2 passport photogragh and admission letter. It can be done in Abuja alone if it less than 6 months. I jusg did mine on wednesday in Abj.
JohnDuke259:

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by modskiller(m): 5:40pm On May 29, 2015
@JohnDuke259
You did geoscience in Bachelors?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Crich(f): 5:46pm On May 29, 2015
Ugochux:
I think future applicants should consider 'upfront medical' examination....the visa processing time nw eeh!!

But i think his was quite fast. Less than 2months.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 5:47pm On May 29, 2015
Opesyy:
You cant renew it until it is 6 months but if you have to, you would go to the Immigration HQ with your intl passport, 2 passport photogragh and admission letter. It can be done in Abuja alone if it less than 6 months. I jusg did mine on wednesday in Abj.

Thanks Bro! I will forward the old one and renew it over there.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 5:48pm On May 29, 2015
modskiller:
@JohnDuke259

You did geoscience in Bachelors?

My bachelors is close to geoscience. MSc in Surveying.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by NaD720: 5:52pm On May 29, 2015
JohnDuke259:
Thank you so much my e-family! All thanks and glory to God for doing it! You have been of great help to me though I have been silent. I just received a mail requesting my passport.

Online application, 14th April 2015, Biometrics 16th April 2015, UNB, PhD Geodesy and Geomatics Engineering. Passport requested 29th May 2015.

Documents submitted:

Financial documents
Four months' SOA with a balance of 4.4m
Scholarship award letter by my state government
International Differential fee Scholarship from UNB worth 4200+ CAD for three years

Employment:
Letter of appointment
Letter of promotion
Letter of introduction
Work ID
Four months' payslip

Travel History
UK and Ireland

Letter of Acceptance
Certificate of Acceptance
Undergraduate transcript
MSc transcript
Birth certificate
NYSC certificate

Letter of Explanation
SOP

Quick question folks:

Congratulations Bro! Truly Change Is here! *Sign of Relief*
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by tnuola(f): 5:54pm On May 29, 2015
Tosinfemi is up next
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 5:55pm On May 29, 2015
NaD720:

Congratulations Bro! Truly Change Is here! *Sign of Relief*
Thanks Bro!

(1) (2) (3) ... (448) (449) (450) (451) (452) (453) (454) ... (502)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / USA Visit Visa Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.