Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,244 members, 7,867,636 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 08:25 PM

A Summary Of God - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Summary Of God (4249 Views)

full Summary Of Crisis Of Conscience By Former WT Gb Member Raymond Franz / A Summary Of Salvation To All Non Believers / A Summary On Tithe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Summary Of God by wordcat(m): 6:24pm On Dec 09, 2014
plaetton:

Here we go again with these perpetual episodes of inadvertent irrationality.

Just as we had been educated earlier that psychology and anthropology are better than science , grin , lol, today , we are being educated that atheists are not secularists. shocked

What will they think of next?
undecided

Next will be that Criminals are better than Atheists.

2 Likes

Re: A Summary Of God by Misogynist2014(m): 6:56pm On Dec 09, 2014
sinequanon:
God is a subjective place, direction or destination.

For those who believe in a god, it represents what they would like to be if they were let lose and free.

But fear of their god -- what they wish to be -- keeps them in check and imprisoned.

God is fear of their own "demons" -- a glimpse of themselves let lose and running amok.

It is a psychological condition.
I understand you, but you are making a mistake by substituting the effects of God with God himself. God is fear, its the only language sinful man understand. God is love, only the righteous can understand.
We fear God because we fear good, we fear good because we are evil, our thoughts, way of life all follow the ways of evil. The solutions to the problems of mankind is simple, Love, Justice, Decency and Wisdom. Yet, we stubbornly go about selfishness and evil. It is our evil ways that block us from God and the unnecessary fear we habour is inbuilt, not from God.
Re: A Summary Of God by frank317: 7:03pm On Dec 09, 2014
Why are u shooting urself in the leg?

U must be really really terrified of hell...that's why u don't believe in it
Re: A Summary Of God by Weah96: 7:05pm On Dec 09, 2014
sinequanon:

I don't have a personal god.

If someone has created a personal god that will roast them in their hell, that is an issue for them, not me.

Let me guess....your "concern" is not to do with your fear that their god can control you, too, but your "love" of people and need to save them from themselves?

So if hell is an arbitrary assumption, why are you claiming that others are afraid of it?

I'm only interested in the truth, not saving people.
The truth has no agenda. If there was any shred of evidence to back up the monumental claims made in the holy books, I would be the first in line.

4 Likes

Re: A Summary Of God by sinequanon: 7:17pm On Dec 09, 2014
Misogynist2014:
I understand you, but you are making a mistake by substituting the effects of God with God himself. God is fear, its the only language sinful man understand. God is love, only [size=16pt]the righteous[/size] can understand.
[size=16pt]We[/size] fear God because [size=16pt]we[/size] fear good, [size=16pt]we[/size] fear good because [size=16pt]we[/size] are evil, our thoughts, way of life all follow the ways of evil. The solutions to the problems of mankind is simple, Love, Justice, Decency and Wisdom. Yet, [size=16pt]we[/size] stubbornly go about selfishness and evil. It is [size=16pt]our[/size] evil ways that block [size=16pt]us[/size] from God and the unnecessary fear [size=16pt]we[/size] habour is inbuilt, not from God.

It is not clear to me where you stand.

You say that ONLY the righteous can understand.

But you say that you fear good, you are evil, your way of life follows the ways of evil, you stubbornly go about selfishness and evil etc.

So you are NOT righteous, and therefore you admit that you cannot even understand what you wrote.

This is a state of confusion.
Re: A Summary Of God by sinequanon: 7:26pm On Dec 09, 2014
Weah96:
So if hell is an arbitrary assumption, why are you claiming that others are afraid of it?

Those who believe in hell are afraid of it. Are you disputing this?

I don't know what the part in bold has to do with your question. To me it seems irrelevant, whatever it means.

Weah96:
I'm only interested in the truth, not saving people.
The truth has no agenda. If there was any shred of evidence to back up the monumental claims made in the holy books, I would be the first in line.

Why is somebody else's belief in hell fire your business? Why can't you just remark on it and let them be?

It is because you are afraid, despite all your pretence.

1 Like

Re: A Summary Of God by Weah96: 7:45pm On Dec 09, 2014
sinequanon:

Those who believe in hell are afraid of it. Are you disputing this?

I don't know what the part in bold has to do with your question. To me it seems irrelevant, whatever it means.

Why is somebody else's belief in hell fire your business? Why can't you just remark on it and let them be?

It is because you are afraid, despite all your pretence.

You're not making sense. Why would I be afraid of an imaginary place and how were you able to overcome your own fear of it?

1 Like

Re: A Summary Of God by sinequanon: 7:53pm On Dec 09, 2014
Weah96:

You're not making sense. Why would I be afraid of an imaginary place and how were you able to overcome your own fear of it?

You know exactly what I am saying.

I am not afraid, because I don't believe in other people's creations, neither am I a materialist.

You do believe and your materialist position is a fragile and vain attempt to protect yourself from the fear you have buried deep in your psyche for lack of any real alternative.

Your pretence isn't working, so I am not going round in circles. Each to his own. Bye!
Re: A Summary Of God by Weah96: 7:58pm On Dec 09, 2014
sinequanon:

You know exactly what I am saying.

I am not afraid, because I don't believe in other people's creations, neither am I a materialist.

You do believe and your materialist position is a fragile and vain attempt to protect yourself from the fear you have buried deep in your psyche for lack of any real alternative.

Your pretence isn't working, so I am not going round in circles. Each to his own. Bye!

LOL. Nigga you're tripping. You're like a troll, right? You make absolutely no sense.

Only you are capable of rising above the pettiness, just like only you managed to get out of that malfunctioning elevator.

Commot for road, buddy. You dey consume valuable bandwidth.

8 Likes

Re: A Summary Of God by plaetton: 8:48pm On Dec 09, 2014
Weah96:

LOL. Nigga you're tripping. You're like a troll, right? You make absolutely no sense.

Only you are capable of rising above the pettiness, just like only you managed to get out of that malfunctioning elevator.

Commot for road, buddy. You dey consume valuable bandwidth.

Glad someone else said it.

I have said it so much , that I am beginning to sound like a broken vinyl record.

2 Likes

Re: A Summary Of God by asalimpo(m): 9:07pm On Dec 09, 2014
sinequanon:

People want to be "in control" of their lives.

But they feel they are not in control, so they invent a mechanism, a god, through which they can indirectly be in control.

They attribute to this entity all the excesses of their own controlling behaviour and anger.

They end up being afraid of the entity which represents their own essence.

if there's no God and people made up God, how come people who are just mind and matter to u, always defer to a god, no matter how remote d civilization the people are in?
Y is man hard wired this way?
Re: A Summary Of God by Nobody: 9:09pm On Dec 09, 2014
This Sinequanon guy is either a troll or a potential schizophrenic patient.

How would someone agree that GOD is an illusion and still accuse some set of people to be in self denial for refusing to believe in the illusion, like he is immune to this himself.

I wonder how he is So sure we don't have a strong reason NOT to believe in GOD,like his own reason for not believing in a personal GOD is stronger and more valid than our own reason,So he is right and we are simply burying our head in sand. What a funny thinking pattern.

Sinequanon, tell us your own valid reason/s for not believing in GOD and hell fire.

3 Likes

Re: A Summary Of God by wiegraf: 9:14pm On Dec 09, 2014
Op, I used to be of the opinion that Alfa be the undisputed Heavy-Weight Champion of Trolling around these parts, the Hulk Hogan, Iron Mike, Bruce Lee. But your level dey approach Chuck Norris. I bow. I nearly fell for i.......

Oh $hit no....
You aren't trolling....
You actually believe what you post....
Jesus.literally.f-ing.christ.jpg

5 Likes

Re: A Summary Of God by Weah96: 9:14pm On Dec 09, 2014
Dapo777:
This Sinequanon guy is either a troll or a potential schizophrenic patient.

How would someone agree that GOD is an illusion and still accuse some set of people to be in self denial for refusing to believe in the illusion, like he is immune to this himself.

I wonder how he is So sure we don't have a strong reason NOT to believe in GOD,like his own reason for not believing in a personal GOD is stronger and more valid than our own reason,So he is right and we are simply burying our head in sand. What a funny thinking pattern.

Sinequanon, tell us your own valid reason/s for not believing in GOD and hell fire.

He told you na, he's a limited edition human being. Only 30 of them are alive today.

4 Likes

Re: A Summary Of God by Nobody: 9:15pm On Dec 09, 2014
asalimpo:

if there's no God and people made up God, how come people who are just mind and matter to u, always defer to a god, no matter how remote d civilization the people are in?

Wrong, it's not every civilization that is religious, like China,we have a very large population of irreligious people there, religion is a vicious circle,it's passed down the generation, So if we already have large amount of religious people in a place,it would be difficult to remove the religious tendency from them because of indoctrination.

By the way religion provides Hope and wishful thoughts Which is what humans crave for naturally,that explains why people tend to be more religious than not.

1 Like

Re: A Summary Of God by sinequanon: 9:18pm On Dec 09, 2014
asalimpo:

Can you show me where you got this from so that I can follow what you are saying?
Re: A Summary Of God by Longstride: 9:20pm On Dec 09, 2014
Weah96:

He told you na, he's a limited edition human being. Only 30 of them are alive today.
grin grin grin grin
Re: A Summary Of God by asalimpo(m): 9:25pm On Dec 09, 2014
Dapo777:

Wrong, it's not every civilization that is religious, like China,we have a very large population of irreligious people there, religion is a vicious circle,it's passed down the generation, So if we already have large amount of religious people in a place,it would be difficult to remove the religious tendency from them because of indoctrination.

By the way religion provides Hope and wishful thoughts Which is what humans crave for naturally,that explains why people tend to be more religious than not.

still not addressg d point.
1 million different tribes with no contact with the outside world strtg up, from just a man and a woman, will still seek after a god.
Mayb not all but an overwhelmng majority, over 90% , will seek to connect to a higher power.
Would u say, all this distinct upstrt families all 'reasoned god' out? No.
Re: A Summary Of God by Misogynist2014(m): 9:35pm On Dec 09, 2014
sinequanon:

It is not clear to me where you stand.

You say that ONLY the righteous can understand.

But you say that you fear good, you are evil, your way of life follows the ways of evil, you stubbornly go about selfishness and evil etc.

So you are NOT righteous, and therefore you admit that you cannot even understand what you wrote.

This is a state of confusion.
We as used in my write up, though generalised, but not all inclusive. We is just used in the explanation of how 'majority' of mankind thinks and behaves. It is no news that problems spring up on eatth faster than they are solved, we need someone to bring peace to the world, someone righteous and just, His name is Jesus (Son of God), he loves you, he wants you to partake in his glory when he returns to earth. embarassed
Re: A Summary Of God by sinequanon: 9:38pm On Dec 09, 2014
Misogynist2014:
We as used in my write up, though generalised, but not all inclusive. We is just used in the explanation of how 'majority' of mankind thinks and behaves. It is no news that problems spring up on eatth faster than they are solved, we need someone to bring peace to the world, someone righteous and just, His name is Jesus (Son of God), he loves you, he wants you to partake in his glory when he returns to earth. embarassed

Are you part of the "we" or not?

If you are part of the "we" then you are not righteous, which means that you do not understand. Isn't that what you implied?
Re: A Summary Of God by Misogynist2014(m): 9:42pm On Dec 09, 2014
sinequanon:

Are you part of the "we" or not?

If you are part of the "we" then you are not righteous, which means that you do not understand. Isn't that what you implied?
I am not under law, therefore, I have no knowledge of sin, I am under the grace of Christ, which I hold on to in Faith in the only begotten of the Father. If you want to learn, ask and I will reply.
Re: A Summary Of God by Weah96: 9:42pm On Dec 09, 2014
asalimpo:

still not addressg d point.
1 million different tribes with no contact with the outside world strtg up, from just a man and a woman, will still seek after a god.
Mayb not all but an overwhelmng majority, over 90% , will seek to connect to a higher power.
Would u say, all this distinct upstrt families all 'reasoned god' out? No.

The problem of death is universal, regardless of geographic location. Research shows that humans prefer an answer, even the wrong one, over no answer at all.

God provides an answer to the problem of death. As for me, I prefer the truth, regardless of what it implies.

1 Like

Re: A Summary Of God by Nobody: 10:06pm On Dec 09, 2014
Weah96:

The problem of death is universal, regardless of geographic location. Research shows that humans prefer an answer, even the wrong one, over no answer at all.

God provides an answer to the problem of death. As for me, I prefer the truth, regardless of what it implies.

Asalimpo I Hope that has answered your question. It's because you seek answers,humans are prone to seek answers,whether wrong or right,they would prefer answers that are appealing Which religion provides,that's how religion springs up from no where because we seek answers and where none is found we provide ourselves answers that we like. That is appealing.

1 Like

Re: A Summary Of God by sinequanon: 10:20pm On Dec 09, 2014
Misogynist2014:
We fear God because we fear good, we fear good because we are evil, our thoughts, way of life all follow the ways of evil.

Misogynist2014:
I am not under law, therefore, I have no knowledge of sin, I am under the grace of Christ, which I hold on to in Faith in the only begotten of the Father. If you want to learn, ask and I will reply.

Like the atheists, you are in two minds. Same denial, different technique.

Pretence never solves anything. To progress, you have to get past denial.
Re: A Summary Of God by Misogynist2014(m): 10:50pm On Dec 09, 2014
sinequanon:

Like the atheists, you are in two minds. Same denial, different technique.

Pretence never solves anything. To progress, you have to get past denial.
Though, I would have loved you shifting to a better discussion but let me try to explain my candid points to show you it doesn't contradict: I was talking of man in his crude state, selfish, sinful and proud but once you come to God by believing and having faith Christ, old things are passed away and you saved. John 3:16. The works of your hands won't take you to hheaven cos Jesus took away our sins, all you need is faith. 1 Corinthians 15 vs 20-23. It is now left to us as Christians to show our faith through our works James 2:18 because faith without works is dead. James 2:17.
Therefore, we are not under the law Galatians 3:25
Re: A Summary Of God by sinequanon: 11:08pm On Dec 09, 2014
Misogynist2014:
Though, I would have loved you shifting to a better discussion but let me try to explain my candid points to show you it doesn't contradict: I was talking of man in his crude state, selfish, sinful and proud but once you come to God by believing and having faith Christ, old things are passed away and you saved. John 3:16. The works of your hands won't take you to hheaven cos Jesus took away our sins, all you need is faith. 1 Corinthians 15 vs 20-23. It is now left to us as Christians to show our faith through our works James 2:18 because faith without works is dead. James 2:17.
Therefore, we are not under the law Galatians 3:25

So, you were "in a crude state, selfish, sinful and proud". Then you came to your god by believing in and having faith in Christ?

You believe "old things are passed away and you are saved". Is this because your bible says so or because you actually no longer do all the nasty things that used to do -- "sin, fear good, are evil, have a way of life that follows the ways of evil, stubbornly go about selfishness and evil..."?
Re: A Summary Of God by Longstride: 9:12am On Dec 10, 2014
sinequanon:

ALL people who believe in hell are afraid of what they believe.

Most atheists are also afraid because they have not found a real and deep way NOT to believe. All they have is a superficial religion which works on group psychology. They suffer a cognitive dissonance whereby they believe in god and hell, but bury it deep in their psyche, and entertain a fragile disbelief.

When their thin veneer of disbelief is questioned, they start to scream. It is very frightening for them, but they have to keep up the pretence in their own confused way.

some atheists choose to deny the existence of a personal god because they don't want to even start to imagine the implication for them, if there actually was a god.

Denial is one of the adaptations of the human brain.

An example is this soliloquy;

Atheist John: If god actually exists, I'm going to hell embarassed ,..................... no, no, be rational John, think!.. there can't be a god ........right? sad

...to ameliorate this fear, he lives in denial, looking for every reason to back up his disbelief....trying not to think of the other side ....'"screaming" when his thin veneer of disbelief is questioned'....

Before I show why It's wrong, is this your point?

Re: A Summary Of God by asalimpo(m): 10:11am On Dec 10, 2014
Weah96:

i dont see how death leads people of all types and status to perform a unanimous action even without external prompting or propaganda.
Re: A Summary Of God by asalimpo(m): 10:24am On Dec 10, 2014
Dapo777:

Asalimpo I Hope that has answered your question. It's because you seek answers,humans are prone to seek answers,whether wrong or right,they would prefer answers that are appealing Which religion provides,that's how religion springs up from no where because we seek answers and where none is found we provide ourselves answers that we like. That is appealing.
many ppl dont usually answer a strange question unanimously, but this is d case with the God question.
Man acts instinctively like a dog barks without being taught to.
A belief in God isnt learned behaviour.
Re: A Summary Of God by Nobody: 10:33am On Dec 10, 2014
asalimpo:

many ppl dont usually answer a strange question unanimously, but this is d case with the God question.
Man acts instinctively like a dog barks without being taught to.
A belief in God isnt learned behaviour.

What are you saying? If you were born into an atheist family,would you believe in GOD?
Re: A Summary Of God by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 10:37am On Dec 10, 2014
I wonder what kind of human being this sinnequanon is.

He doesn't believe in God and calls Him subjective. However, Sinnequanon denies being an atheist.

What is this guy's agenda?
Re: A Summary Of God by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 10:44am On Dec 10, 2014
wiegraf:
Op, I used to be of the opinion that Alfa be the undisputed Heavy-Weight Champion of Trolling around these parts, the Hulk Hogan, Iron Mike, Bruce Lee. But your level dey approach Chuck Norris. I bow. I nearly fell for i.......

Oh $hit no....
You aren't trolling....
You actually believe what you post....
Jesus.literally.f-ing.christ.jpg

I even thought he was a fellow christian and I wanted to email him about some of his views.

Sinnequanon!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Does It Mean To Be A Born Again Christian? / Are Trinitarians Ignorant Of What Moses Said? / To My Fellow Christians Out There, ''does Pulgatory Really Exist''?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.