Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,933 members, 7,810,598 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:51 AM

To My Fellow Christians Out There, ''does Pulgatory Really Exist''? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / To My Fellow Christians Out There, ''does Pulgatory Really Exist''? (4219 Views)

Fellow Christians Please Help Me Out. / Fellow Christians: What Is Happening To Us? / Fellow Christians,your Opportunity To Stand Up To Maclatunji (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

To My Fellow Christians Out There, ''does Pulgatory Really Exist''? by glamoureze(m): 6:51am On Jul 16, 2013
I just want to be enlightend...most roman catholic believes(not d holy catholic) are still not clear to me. Amongst them is the believe that there is a place where a sinner goes to after death for cleansing before going to heaven but my bible tells me otherwise. Its either heaven or hell...it didnt mention anything like pulgatory. I need someone to enlighten me please...no insults pls...tnx in anticipation
Re: To My Fellow Christians Out There, ''does Pulgatory Really Exist''? by k2039: 6:59am On Jul 16, 2013
To the catholic Yes.

I don't believe it exist though.
Re: To My Fellow Christians Out There, ''does Pulgatory Really Exist''? by Nobody: 7:23am On Jul 16, 2013
Purgatory is mentioned as Prison in 1 pet 3:19-21
Re: To My Fellow Christians Out There, ''does Pulgatory Really Exist''? by Sirgen05(m): 7:28am On Jul 16, 2013
'it is appointed unto man to die once, but after this the Judgement' Hebrews 9:27. Irrespective of what the Catholics believe in, after death it's judgement according to ur deeds on earth. Sentence is declared and it's either u ar guilty and condemned to death or set free to life. In the court of heaven there is no injustice or adjournment!
Re: To My Fellow Christians Out There, ''does Pulgatory Really Exist''? by Nobody: 7:36am On Jul 16, 2013
it does not exist. Its a deceptive doctrine. Heb 9:27, "it is appointed for men to die once and after that, judgement."
chukwudi44: Purgatory is mentioned as Prison in 1 pet 3:19-21
that passage explains something all together different.

1 Like

Re: To My Fellow Christians Out There, ''does Pulgatory Really Exist''? by Digriz(m): 7:39am On Jul 16, 2013
Sirgen05: 'it is appointed unto man to die once, but after this the Judgement' Hebrews 9:27. Irrespective of what the Catholics believe in, after death it's judgement according to ur deeds on earth. Sentence is declared and it's either u ar guilty and condemned to imprisonment or set free to life. In the court of heaven there is no injustice or adjournment!
then that means that no one will make heaven bcus no onewt any atom of sin wl be there. I still believe in purgatory.
Re: To My Fellow Christians Out There, ''does Pulgatory Really Exist''? by Sirgen05(m): 7:42am On Jul 16, 2013
chukwudi44: Purgatory is mentioned as Prison in 1 pet 3:19-21
The Catholics never use this passage to support purgatory. Rather they call 'Limbus Patrum', a place where d old testament saints were until Christ came to liberate them! Ok?
Re: To My Fellow Christians Out There, ''does Pulgatory Really Exist''? by Nobody: 7:45am On Jul 16, 2013
Digriz: then that means that no one will make heaven bcus no onewt any atom of sin wl be there. I still believe in purgatory.
what is your point?
Re: To My Fellow Christians Out There, ''does Pulgatory Really Exist''? by Sirgen05(m): 7:52am On Jul 16, 2013
Digriz: then that means that no one will make heaven bcus no onewt any atom of sin wl be there. I still believe in purgatory.
Yes, u ar right that no sinner will get there. But there ar human beings in heaven. And that is not through the Purgatory
Re: To My Fellow Christians Out There, ''does Pulgatory Really Exist''? by Sirgen05(m): 7:56am On Jul 16, 2013
Ah ah! How can u say so? Evidence abound in d scripture of men who went to heaven. MOSES, ELIJAH & ENOCH. Moses and Elijah appear with Jesus at the transfiguration! These are humans like u! Your doubts arise from ur belief that none can live a holy life on earth hence there should be a place for further cleansing b4 entrance into heaven! How ever it's possible to live holily in this world. Pray God to reveal this to u! Thanks..
Re: To My Fellow Christians Out There, ''does Pulgatory Really Exist''? by Olabode05: 9:29am On Jul 16, 2013
Mortal sinners will go to hell while venial sinners will go to purgatory first to have their sins purged as no unclean thing no matter how small will enter heaven please read 1john 5:16-17
Re: To My Fellow Christians Out There, ''does Pulgatory Really Exist''? by Nobody: 9:50am On Jul 16, 2013
idnoble135: it does not exist. Its a deceptive doctrine. Heb 9:27, "it is appointed for men to die once and after that, judgement."

that passage explains something all together different.

No way that passage is explicit enough.Just because it used the term "prison" to describe it does not mean it is not the same thing.

1 Peter 3:19-21

King James Version (KJV)

19 By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison;

20 Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ:

These were the spirits of the people who perished during Noah's flood.Jesus had to go to purgatory(prison) to preach the message of salvation to them
Re: To My Fellow Christians Out There, ''does Pulgatory Really Exist''? by Nobody: 10:45am On Jul 16, 2013
Olabode05: Mortal sinners will go to hell while venial sinners will go to purgatory first to have their sins purged as no unclean thing no matter how small will enter heaven please read 1john 5:16-17
where is the term "venial and mortal" mentioned in the scriptures.
Re: To My Fellow Christians Out There, ''does Pulgatory Really Exist''? by Nobody: 3:15pm On Jul 16, 2013
idnoble135:
where is the term "venial and mortal" mentioned in the scriptures.

Mortal-sins that lead to death.

Venial-sins that do not lead to death.

Check them up in 1 John 5:16-17
Re: To My Fellow Christians Out There, ''does Pulgatory Really Exist''? by noetic16(m): 3:26pm On Jul 16, 2013
Ephesians 2:8-9
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

9 Not of works, lest any man should boast
Re: To My Fellow Christians Out There, ''does Pulgatory Really Exist''? by critique101(f): 5:20pm On Jul 16, 2013
glamoureze: I just want to be enlightend...most roman catholic believes(not d holy catholic) are still not clear to me. Amongst them is the believe that there is a place where a sinner goes to after death for cleansing before going to heaven but my bible tells me otherwise. Its either heaven or hell...it didnt mention anything like pulgatory. I need someone to enlighten me please...no insults pls...tnx in anticipation

it doesnt o. Dont deceive yourself and repent
Re: To My Fellow Christians Out There, ''does Pulgatory Really Exist''? by emmasege: 5:36pm On Jul 16, 2013
Too many divergent doctrines. Let's strive to live a holy life and pray that grace wraps it up for us on resurrection morning. My philosophy about heaven is this: If God is as holy as i think and as the Bible says, then ANYBODY can miss heaven and if He's as merciful as i think and as the Bible says, then ANYBODY can make heaven. Grace, Grace, Grace Lord!
Re: To My Fellow Christians Out There, ''does Pulgatory Really Exist''? by Nobody: 6:07pm On Jul 16, 2013
chukwudi44:

Mortal-sins that lead to death.

Venial-sins that do not lead to death.

Check them up in 1 John 5:16-17
i asked for where the term "mortal", "venal", and "purgatory".
Re: To My Fellow Christians Out There, ''does Pulgatory Really Exist''? by alexleo(m): 7:29pm On Jul 16, 2013
idnoble135:
i asked for where the term "mortal", "venal", and "purgatory".

They are just twisting the scripture to support their lies. Same way they may have imported the words/terms trinity, christmas, easter etc. I think we should begin to get rid of all these catholic terms in our churches and replace them with what is in the scriptures. Let them continue with their lies.
Re: To My Fellow Christians Out There, ''does Pulgatory Really Exist''? by Nobody: 7:33pm On Jul 16, 2013
emmasege: Too many divergent doctrines. Let's strive to live a holy life and pray that grace wraps it up for us on resurrection morning. My philosophy about heaven is this: If God is as holy as i think and as the Bible says, then ANYBODY can miss heaven and if He's as merciful as i think and as the Bible says, then ANYBODY can make heaven. Grace, Grace, Grace Lord!

Nobody is going to heaven.

smiley
Re: To My Fellow Christians Out There, ''does Pulgatory Really Exist''? by alexleo(m): 7:48pm On Jul 16, 2013
frosbel:

Nobody is going to heaven.

smiley

I am going to heaven by God's grace. If you believe nobody is going to heaven that's for you. You can carry on. Nothing concern us.
Re: To My Fellow Christians Out There, ''does Pulgatory Really Exist''? by Nobody: 7:49pm On Jul 16, 2013
alexleo:

I am going to heaven by God's grace. If you believe nobody is going to heaven that's for you. You can carry on. Nothing concern us.

I am going to inherit a new earth just like Peter said. smiley

"But in keeping with his promise we are looking forward to a new heaven and a new earth, where righteousness dwells." - 2 Peter 3:13
Re: To My Fellow Christians Out There, ''does Pulgatory Really Exist''? by Nobody: 7:52pm On Jul 16, 2013
alexleo:

They are just twisting the scripture to support their lies. Same way they may have imported the words/terms trinity, christmas, easter etc. I think we should begin to get rid of all these catholic terms in our churches and replace them with what is in the scriptures. Let them continue with their lies.
spot on! Truth be told, i doubt if the catholic church ever is truly part of the body of Christ?
Re: To My Fellow Christians Out There, ''does Pulgatory Really Exist''? by Nobody: 7:53pm On Jul 16, 2013
idnoble135:
spot on! Truth be told, i doubt if the catholic church ever is truly part of the body of Christ?

You still believe in many catholic doctrines, so you cannot judge them.

smiley
Re: To My Fellow Christians Out There, ''does Pulgatory Really Exist''? by Nobody: 7:53pm On Jul 16, 2013
frosbel:

I am going to inherit a new earth just like Peter said. smiley

"But in keeping with his promise we are looking forward to a new heaven and a new earth, where righteousness dwells." - 2 Peter 3:13
lol, before the new heaven and earth are made for habitation, if you die, where would you then be?
Re: To My Fellow Christians Out There, ''does Pulgatory Really Exist''? by Nobody: 7:55pm On Jul 16, 2013
frosbel:

smiley
pardon? Am no catholic, neither do i subscribe to their doctrines.
Re: To My Fellow Christians Out There, ''does Pulgatory Really Exist''? by Nobody: 7:56pm On Jul 16, 2013
idnoble135:
pardon? Am no catholic, neither do i subscribe to their doctrines.

Trinity, eternal torment, pastor worship ( pope ) , altars in church, cross, etc etc are all Pagan catholic traditions and inventions.

smiley
Re: To My Fellow Christians Out There, ''does Pulgatory Really Exist''? by Nobody: 7:56pm On Jul 16, 2013
idnoble135:
lol, before the new heaven and earth are made for habitation, if you die, where would you then be?

Guess !
Re: To My Fellow Christians Out There, ''does Pulgatory Really Exist''? by Nobody: 7:59pm On Jul 16, 2013
frosbel:

Trinity, eternal torment, pastor worship ( pope ) , altars in church, cross, etc etc are all Pagan catholic traditions and inventions.

smiley
frosbel:

smiley
frosbel:

smiley
you would do well next time to be sure of your point before you say such kind of words.
Re: To My Fellow Christians Out There, ''does Pulgatory Really Exist''? by Nobody: 7:59pm On Jul 16, 2013
idnoble135:
you would do well next time to be sure of your point before you say such kind of words.

do you want evidence ?

smiley
frosbel:

Guess !
Nope!
Re: To My Fellow Christians Out There, ''does Pulgatory Really Exist''? by Nobody: 8:00pm On Jul 16, 2013
frosbel:

do you want evidence ?

smiley
as regards to how i follow catholic doctrines, yes!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Top 10 Pentecostal Churches In Nigeria. / Incorruptibility Of Saints (Bodies Defying Decomposition After Death)- Opinions? / From Christianity To Deism And Back

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.