Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,217 members, 7,822,108 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:39 AM

Why Do People Sleepwalk? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Why Do People Sleepwalk? (896 Views)

Why Do People Trip In Their Dreams And Wake Up With A Jolt/twitch? Find Out... / Why Do People Yawn At The Same Time / Why Do People Bleach Their Skin. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do People Sleepwalk? by Adroit3s(m): 7:51am On Dec 10, 2014
Earlier this morning, in a time i can't place i became a somnambulist...

I was actually in the living room watching TV when the irresistible wind of sleep signed me on the cushion; only to wake up this morn in an entirely distinct place.
I remembered sleeping on the cushion, but i couldn't recollect maneuvering to another place. I asked my lil. sis. if she actually saw me leaving the living room? because i sensed her presence in the parlour. She replied with the affirmative that she did and that she had lost her sleep when she saw the bulb in the living room lit on & off....she stalked into the parlour for a know-how only to find me playing with the switch. And that she was startled a piece when she realized i didn't felt her presence...My eyes were clear as a whistle, but still walked to and fro bashing fittings until i got to a quieter place to sleep. I wince, i was embarrassed. I don't have memories of ever sleepwalking neither did my mum remember me doing so. I know i have talked in my sleep a countless times when i was still a kid, but sleepwalk?- not so sure....

Please experts i'm ironically on all fours, i need your help: why do you think i sleepwalked? Why do people sleepwalk?
Re: Why Do People Sleepwalk? by iamodenigbo1(m): 7:55am On Dec 10, 2014
people sleepwalk because it is a natural phenomenon
Re: Why Do People Sleepwalk? by Nobody: 7:59am On Dec 10, 2014
Here's what happened the last time I sleepwalked.....

It happened that there was always a noise in the kitchen at night and everyone has assumed it's rats doing,so on that day,I slept off in the parlour and no one bothered to wake me because it was always difficult to,so at about 1am I sleepwalked into the kitchen,sleep-put my hand into the put of soup and sleepstole a meat sad
I was about to sleep-put it in my mouth when,,,

hmmmm

"I have caught the rat,I have caught the rat"
the slumber vanished as I received the lashes of cane on my backembarassed
Re: Why Do People Sleepwalk? by Adroit3s(m): 8:03am On Dec 10, 2014
iamodenigbo1:

Thanks aplenty. However, i understand it?s a natural phenomenon, but what are the causes?
Re: Why Do People Sleepwalk? by Adroit3s(m): 8:04am On Dec 10, 2014
iamodenigbo1:

Thanks aplenty sir. However, i understand it?s a natural phenomenon, but what are the causes?
Re: Why Do People Sleepwalk? by Adroit3s(m): 8:08am On Dec 10, 2014
Veralaw:
Sleepwalking has happened to me before tøo..
I slept off in the parlour and no one bothered to wake me because they thought I would,when I did,I sleepwalked into the kitchen,sleep-put my hand into the put of soup and

Lol....that's hilarious. Thanks!
Re: Why Do People Sleepwalk? by yuncka: 8:50am On Dec 10, 2014
grin One baba is controlling U from the village grin
Re: Why Do People Sleepwalk? by Adroit3s(m): 9:54am On Dec 10, 2014
yuncka:
grin One baba is controlling U from the village grin

LOL...Perhaps true. It seems like a 'juju' thing to me.
Re: Why Do People Sleepwalk? by Omofranca(f): 1:57am On Dec 11, 2014
Not getting enough sleep and/or stress can cause it. It does not have to have a spiritual cause like someone 'calling' anybody. It can become dangerous if it's a habit as the person involved may unknowingly unlock doors at night and become exposed to danger.
Re: Why Do People Sleepwalk? by Adroit3s(m): 7:58am On Dec 11, 2014
Omofranca:
Not getting enough sleep and/or stress can cause it. It does not have to have a spiritual cause like someone 'calling' anybody. It can become dangerous if it's a habit as the person involved may unknowingly unlock doors at night and become exposed to danger.

Okay, now i understand.....thanks!
Re: Why Do People Sleepwalk? by Nobody: 5:58pm On Dec 17, 2014
I don't sleep walk but every now and then I notice my bottle of water beside my bed is either empty or half gone. I always have water with me when I sleep, I get up to drink water at night (every night). What baffles me is that I don't recall drinking water every night, I live alone so it's definitely me lol (I guess it's one of those things that'll remain unexplained)

(1) (Reply)

Why Do We Fart Or Defecate Wheneva We Eat Beans Or Egg. / Python Died After Eating This Meal / 7 Early Signs Of Type 2 Diabetes.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.