Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,333 members, 7,811,973 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:26 AM

APC Presidential Primaries: Analysis On The Voting Pattern Of 8,000 Delegates. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Presidential Primaries: Analysis On The Voting Pattern Of 8,000 Delegates. (4558 Views)

A Pie Chart Showing The Pattern Of Buhari's Appointments / 8,000 Delegates To Storm Lagos For APC National Convention / 2015: Buhari, Atiku Clash Over Procedure For Presidential Primaries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC Presidential Primaries: Analysis On The Voting Pattern Of 8,000 Delegates. by brownlord2: 12:50pm On Dec 10, 2014
barcanista:
For the record, only General Muhammadu Buhari will get my vote and those of my acquaintace come feb 14,2015. I am firm in my belief that Atiku, Kwankwaso, Rochas and Sam Nda will all be thrashed. Any move or attempted move to deny General Muhammadu Buhari of the ticket means "a big No to APC" at all levels. I am very resolute here and watching keenly. I cannot campaign or vote for a man(Atiku) that is worse than the incumbent. Whoever think Atiku can bribe is way to the Presidency is mistaking. Should the delegates mistakenly elect Atiku, I will spit on them and will not vote for Atiku no matter who he picks as vice.

Why blame atiku for the woes of your general? Dint your buhari at a time donate 1million to some delegate even though you people won't call It bribe? You think if the general got the kind of money atiku got he too won't bribe delegate?

Blame atiku the general could not set up even a pure water factory in his daura village after all the money he got as former head of state and in ptf

I wonder how an unindustrious man who could not set up a business to generate income for him and also provide employment for some of his almajiris in daura can handle this country
Re: APC Presidential Primaries: Analysis On The Voting Pattern Of 8,000 Delegates. by Gbawe2: 12:50pm On Dec 10, 2014
barcanista:
For the record, only General Muhammadu Buhari will get my vote and those of my acquaintace come feb 14,2015. I am firm in my belief that Atiku, Kwankwaso, Rochas and Sam Nda will all be thrashed. A[b]ny move or attempted move to deny General Muhammadu Buhari of the ticket means "a big No to APC" at all levels. I am very resolute here and watching keenly. I cannot campaign or vote for a man(Atiku) that is worse than the incumbent.[/b] Whoever think Atiku can bribe is way to the Presidency is mistaking. Should the delegates mistakenly elect Atiku, I will spit on them and will not vote for Atiku no matter who he picks as vice.

Bro, don't work yourself up. Buhari will win . They will chop Atiku's dollar and deliver a resounding Buhari win.

1 Like

Re: APC Presidential Primaries: Analysis On The Voting Pattern Of 8,000 Delegates. by bjdon: 12:50pm On Dec 10, 2014
barcanista:
For the record, only General Muhammadu Buhari will get my vote and those of my acquaintace come feb 14,2015. I am firm in my belief that Atiku, Kwankwaso, Rochas and Sam Nda will all be thrashed. Any move or attempted move to deny General Muhammadu Buhari of the ticket means "a big No to APC" at all levels. I am very resolute here and watching keenly. I cannot campaign or vote for a man(Atiku) that is worse than the incumbent. Whoever think Atiku can bribe is way to the Presidency is mistaking. Should the delegates mistakenly elect Atiku, I will spit on them and will not vote for Atiku no matter who he picks as vice.
For the record General Buhari will not be on the ballot in 2015. Atiku wins today, GEJ wins in 2015. Nigerians loose as always
Re: APC Presidential Primaries: Analysis On The Voting Pattern Of 8,000 Delegates. by mayorall(m): 12:53pm On Dec 10, 2014
500 gini?.

Re: APC Presidential Primaries: Analysis On The Voting Pattern Of 8,000 Delegates. by experimentist: 12:58pm On Dec 10, 2014
Caseless:
Atiku is going nowhere- roundabout!
There is no better way or time for buhari/tinubu to pay Atiku back than this time. Atiku was the person that further spread that lies by ahmed oyediran and isah prior to 2003 election, which till date put buhari in the eye of some feeble-minded Nigerians as a religious fanatic. It will be sweet for him to lose to GMB today. Again, the same Atiku was the one Tinubu helped to secure the ticket to run for presidency on the platform of the defunct acn, only for him to dump the party in 2011 for pdp. Tinubu and co watched that action of Atiku with pain and today's should be used to pay Atiku back in his own coin. He(ATIKU) should be made to see that there is gain in building what u want to benefit from. He cant dump d party in 2011 and come back in 2014 to fly the flag of the party at d poll. We want an un-adulterated opposition figure to fly our flag.
Sai Buhari!
Yes bros/boss, no be lie. I believe Atiku knows he's not going anywhere.. APC knows their presidential flag bearer all is just stunt.. Atiku vs GEJ is a political suicide for APC..

1 Like

Re: APC Presidential Primaries: Analysis On The Voting Pattern Of 8,000 Delegates. by Nobody: 1:01pm On Dec 10, 2014
Gbawe2:

Bro, don't work yourself up. Buhari will win . They will chop Atiku's dollar and deliver a resounding Buhari win.
Amen o! Atiku Abubakar is so disgusting. Why is he trying to use money to blackmail delegates? Is APC the pdp that he was? He should allow delegates to vote in accordance with their conscience and aspiration of their representatives without the feeling of guilt. Anyway, I shall monitor events closely from A to Z and we all shall have cause to celebrate the victory of General Muhammadu Buhari.

1 Like

Re: APC Presidential Primaries: Analysis On The Voting Pattern Of 8,000 Delegates. by D9ty7(m): 1:02pm On Dec 10, 2014
Gbawe2:

Exactly what I am anticipating, but hey! Politics in Nigeria, you can not rule out the possibility of a rich candidate carrying the day.
But if the so-called 8,000 delegates from the 36 states pitch their tents with an aspirant with the best pedigree and anticident, which we were made to believe is Buhari, then we know the outcome of the primary. But politics in Naija, no one is interested in what you have done in the past, they are interested in what you have to offer, money inclusive.
I just hope the best candidate wins.

1 Like

Re: APC Presidential Primaries: Analysis On The Voting Pattern Of 8,000 Delegates. by EldaTimba(m): 1:03pm On Dec 10, 2014
barcanista:
If no be say you no get sense, so you expect a progressive poster to tell you his location knowing fully well how hateful and desperate you guys are? Bros, I'm not at the convention ground, I am not a paid dude neither am I being rewarded for what I do here. I am a patriotic Nigerian, a progressive and a believer of the candidacy of Muhammadu Buhari. My passion for change and competent leadership at all levels(especially Rivers, Lagos and the Center) is my motivation.
Barcaman, I asked a simple question. You need to take a trip to the APC presidential primary live thread and see how dull the thread is. No update, no feedback. In short, the thread is the most boring of all elections. I am still waiting for gbawe2 and aressa though to give us feedbacks. One would have thought that with the way you guys signed or endorsed GMB, you would have being given a slot not knowing your followership is inconsequential and carry no weight as to the primary election.
Modified
I hate insults. Don't say I don't have senses
Re: APC Presidential Primaries: Analysis On The Voting Pattern Of 8,000 Delegates. by Nobody: 1:07pm On Dec 10, 2014
D9ty7:

Exactly what I am anticipating, but hey! Politics in Nigeria, you can not rule out the possibility of a rich candidate carrying the day.
But if the so-called 8,000 delegates from the 36 states pitch their tents with an aspirant with the best pedigree and anticident, which we were made to believe is Buhari, then we know the outcome of the primary. But politics in Naija, no one is interested in what you have done in the past, they are interested in what you have to offer, money inclusive.
I just hope the best candidate wins.
So on point. Considering what happened in Akwa Ibom state guber primaries(APC), where the most "loved" and loyal aspirant Sen Akpan Udoedehe was shoved aside for an 11th hour PDP decampee and a thuggery moneybag Umana Umana. Or what happened in Benue State where the popular APC aspirant with cult-following was dropped for a PDp moneybag and incumbent Senator Barnabas Gemade who joined at the 11th hour, 59 mins. We all must be very watchful against hijackers. The delegates have shown that anything is possible
Re: APC Presidential Primaries: Analysis On The Voting Pattern Of 8,000 Delegates. by D9ty7(m): 1:09pm On Dec 10, 2014
barcanista:
Amen o! Atiku Abubakar is so disgusting. Why is he trying to use money to blackmail delegates? Is APC the pdp that he was? He should allow delegates to vote in accordance with their conscience and aspiration of their representatives without the feeling of guilt. Anyway, I shall monitor events closely from A to Z and we all shall have cause to celebrate the victory of General Muhammadu Buhari.
Bro, everything all boils down to the delegates. It depends on their believe(not religious I mean o) and how they see things.
Have you asked yourself the question about their conscience? Do they have one?
Do they want a better Nigeria? Obviously, APC does, but what about the delegates?
Are they corruptible? You know, I can not come and pay you to campaign for a politician unless I see how active you are in the Nigerian politics. Shey you get? Meaning, Atiku can not bribe them unless he knew they'll succumb to his wish. Tho he cannot bribe the whole 8,000. But a considerable amout of them will be bribed and I am afraid they'll do his wish.
But bribing aside, Buhari will win today. And now that bribe has been included, you never can tell.

1 Like

Re: APC Presidential Primaries: Analysis On The Voting Pattern Of 8,000 Delegates. by Nobody: 1:12pm On Dec 10, 2014
That thread was created too early, so nothing much to expect
EldaTimba:
Barcaman, I asked a simple question. You need to take a trip to the APC presidential primary live thread and see how dull the thread is. No update, no feedback. In short, the thread is the most boring of all elections. I am still waiting for gbawe2 and aressa though to give us feedbacks. One would have thought that with the way you guys signed or endorsed GMB, you would have being given a slot not knowing your followership is inconsequential and carry no weight as to the primary election.
Modified
I hate insults. Don't say I don't have senses
Bro, I don't have to be a delegate to get my voice heard, neither do I have to be a card-carrying member. I laugh at people like you for you don't know the influence of the progressives on prospective voters on nairaland. I won't go further than this.

Btw: apologies 4 the insult... You de lag?

1 Like

Re: APC Presidential Primaries: Analysis On The Voting Pattern Of 8,000 Delegates. by 2muchopoTBdope(m): 1:13pm On Dec 10, 2014
Caseless:
Atiku is going nowhere- roundabout!
There is no better way or time for buhari/tinubu to pay Atiku back than this time. Atiku was the person that further spread that lies by ahmed oyediran and isah prior to 2003 election, which till date put buhari in the eye of some feeble-minded Nigerians as a religious fanatic. It will be sweet for him to lose to GMB today. Again, the same Atiku was the one Tinubu helped to secure the ticket to run for presidency on the platform of the defunct acn, only for him to dump the party in 2011 for pdp. Tinubu and co watched that action of Atiku with pain and today's should be used to pay Atiku back in his own coin. He(ATIKU) should be made to see that there is gain in building what u want to benefit from. He cant dump d party in 2011 and come back in 2014 to fly the flag of the party at d poll. We want an un-adulterated opposition figure to fly our flag.
Sai Buhari!
E be like say dis one dey sell Shekpe abi alomo, Wetin concern us with adulterated?? And for ur mind Booooo Harry na unadulterated figure?? #GEJ tilll year 3000,by DAT time, APC go bring out worthy candidate.
Re: APC Presidential Primaries: Analysis On The Voting Pattern Of 8,000 Delegates. by YEMOYEMI: 1:15pm On Dec 10, 2014
barcanista:

In as much I wish and pray GMB gets the ticket, if the delegates in their wisdome or pocket decide to elect Atiku, it will be sad but Atiku is still far above the useless man holding the post now.

1 Like

Re: APC Presidential Primaries: Analysis On The Voting Pattern Of 8,000 Delegates. by donphilopus: 1:15pm On Dec 10, 2014
barcanista:

We the Nairaland APC Members (at least 75% of us) would lead the 2015 Campaign against Atiku should he get the ticket. I cannot say GEJ is bad, and compaign/vote for Atiku, who is worse!
Re: APC Presidential Primaries: Analysis On The Voting Pattern Of 8,000 Delegates. by D9ty7(m): 1:16pm On Dec 10, 2014
barcanista:
So on point. Considering what happened in Akwa Ibom state guber primaries(APC), where the most "loved" and loyal aspirant Sen Akpan Udoedehe was shoved aside for an 11th hour PDP decampee and a thuggery moneybag Umana Umana. Or what happened in Benue State where the popular APC aspirant with cult-following was dropped for a PDp moneybag and incumbent Senator Barnabas Gemade who joined at the 11th hour, 59 mins. We all must be very watchful against hijackers. The delegates have shown that anything is possible
You've said it all. You see, these so called decampees will cause APC more harm than good. We all know they came from PDP and they are house hold names in the PDP, now that they are in the APC, they'll still want to enjoy that privilledge. Look at Gbemade's case, a few hours after he decamped, he got the ticket.
I saw your comments on a thread yesterday concerning Benue's politics. We were made to believe that 12 out of 14 apc governors are drumming their supports for GMB which is a major plus. Meaning, they want GMB in Aso rock come May 29 2015. If the delegates end up voting Atiku, do you think they'll vote for him at the general election?
Have you thought about the agrieved APC memember?
Rightly said, these delegates are unpredictable, lets just hope they don't go for the money.
Re: APC Presidential Primaries: Analysis On The Voting Pattern Of 8,000 Delegates. by EldaTimba(m): 1:17pm On Dec 10, 2014
barcanista:
That thread was created too early, so nothing much to expect Bro, I don't have to be a delegate to get my voice heard, neither do I have to be a card-carrying member. I laugh at people like you for you don't know the influence of the progressives on prospective voters on nairaland. I won't go further than this.

Btw: apologies 4 the insult... You de lag?
not at all. We are Mimiko's pikin
Re: APC Presidential Primaries: Analysis On The Voting Pattern Of 8,000 Delegates. by keemness(m): 1:19pm On Dec 10, 2014
barcanista:
If no be say you no get sense, so you expect a progressive poster to tell you his location knowing fully well how hateful and desperate you guys are? Bros, I'm not at the convention ground, I am not a paid dude neither am I being rewarded for what I do here. I am a patriotic Nigerian, a progressive and a believer of the candidacy of Muhammadu Buhari. My passion for change and competent leadership at all levels(especially Rivers, Lagos and the Center) is my motivation.
Re: APC Presidential Primaries: Analysis On The Voting Pattern Of 8,000 Delegates. by LogoDWhiz(m): 1:21pm On Dec 10, 2014
This is getting interesting!

Atiku may win!
Re: APC Presidential Primaries: Analysis On The Voting Pattern Of 8,000 Delegates. by ishiamu(m): 1:22pm On Dec 10, 2014
Election ain't won online berem stop ya crusade we go know latest tomorrow simple
Re: APC Presidential Primaries: Analysis On The Voting Pattern Of 8,000 Delegates. by D9ty7(m): 1:29pm On Dec 10, 2014
LogoDWhiz:
This is getting interesting!

Atiku may win!
bro, how sure are you? If the delegates vote for money, Atiku will win, but if they vote for the candidate with the right pedigree, I think Buhari will win.
But you can't rule out the possibility of money changing election result.

1 Like

Re: APC Presidential Primaries: Analysis On The Voting Pattern Of 8,000 Delegates. by Nobody: 1:34pm On Dec 10, 2014
D9ty7:

You've said it all. You see, these so called decampees will cause APC more harm than good. We all know they came from PDP and they are house hold names in the PDP, now that they are in the APC, they'll still want to enjoy that privilledge. Look at Gbemade's case, a few hours after he decamped, he got the ticket.
I saw your comments on a thread yesterday concerning Benue's politics. We were made to believe that 12 out of 14 apc governors are drumming their supports for GMB which is a major plus. Meaning, they want GMB in Aso rock come May 29 2015. If the delegates end up voting Atiku, do you think they'll vote for him at the general election?
Have you thought about the agrieved APC memember?
Rightly said, these delegates are unpredictable, lets just hope they don't go for the money.
I am more concerned after looking at the way those decampees get their way because of their names and money not based on credibility. If APC really want public support, they have no choice other than putting GMB on the ballot. Otherwise, like donphilopus said, we the Nairaland progressives will lead the campaign against Atiku Abubakar.

1 Like

Re: APC Presidential Primaries: Analysis On The Voting Pattern Of 8,000 Delegates. by Caseless: 1:40pm On Dec 10, 2014
experimentist:
Yes bros/boss, no be lie. I believe Atiku knows he's not going anywhere.. APC knows their presidential flag bearer all is just stunt.. Atiku vs GEJ is a political suicide for APC..
yes, my bro! The party leadership of the party are not even comfortable with Atiku. The criteria for picking john oyegun as the chairman of apc ahead of tom ikimi, who worked assidously for the merger to actualize was that, he oyegun, has been in d opposition since 90s and , has not fallen for juicy contracts pdp lure people into their fold with, while ikimi was once a pdp member and coudn't be trusted by the party ('cos once a pdp member, always a pdp member). I think that rule/criteria shld apply to who we choose as our presidential candidate. Atiku does not meet this. Tinubu was able to make history by making merger of political party work in nigeria for the first time and, the needed target must be hit to complete d circle- which winning election with the merged party. If they make the mistake of fielding atiku , apc ceases to exist from today.

2 Likes

Re: APC Presidential Primaries: Analysis On The Voting Pattern Of 8,000 Delegates. by experimentist: 1:46pm On Dec 10, 2014
Caseless:
yes, my bro! The party leadership of the party are not even comfortable with Atiku. The criteria for picking john oyegun as the chairman of apc ahead of tom ikimi, who worked assidously for the merger to actualize was that, he oyegun, has been in d opposition since 90s and , has not fallen for juicy contracts pdp lure people into their fold with, while ikimi was once a pdp member and coudn't be trusted by the party ('cos once a pdp member, always a pdp member). I think that rule/criteria shld apply to who we choose as our presidential candidate. Atiku does not meet this. Tinubu was able to make history by making merger of political party work in nigeria for the first time and, the needed target must be hit to complete d circle- which winning election with the merged party. If they make the mistake of fielding atiku , apc ceases to exist from today.
True! It's time to hit the nail on the head with a sledge hammer!

1 Like

Re: APC Presidential Primaries: Analysis On The Voting Pattern Of 8,000 Delegates. by naijareferee: 1:46pm On Dec 10, 2014
berem:
Shut the fucck up and don't derail my thread.

Back to the topic.....

woman indeed...smh
Re: APC Presidential Primaries: Analysis On The Voting Pattern Of 8,000 Delegates. by Caseless: 1:47pm On Dec 10, 2014
D9ty7:

bro, how sure are you? If the delegates vote for money, Atiku will win, but if they vote for the candidate with the right pedigree, I think Buhari will win.
But you can't rule out the possibility of money changing election result.
money didnt change results in various primaries held across the nation(both pdp and apc's primaries), so this wont b different. Nigerians are wiser now. They now collect money and now vote d candidate of their choice. Atiku wont win by God's grace.
Re: APC Presidential Primaries: Analysis On The Voting Pattern Of 8,000 Delegates. by Caseless: 1:52pm On Dec 10, 2014
experimentist:
True! It's time to hit the nail on the head with a sledge hammer!
i buy this post.

1 Like

Re: APC Presidential Primaries: Analysis On The Voting Pattern Of 8,000 Delegates. by experimentist: 1:53pm On Dec 10, 2014
Caseless:
i buy this post.
Take it. It's free bro wink
Re: APC Presidential Primaries: Analysis On The Voting Pattern Of 8,000 Delegates. by D9ty7(m): 1:54pm On Dec 10, 2014
barcanista:
I am more concerned after looking at the way those decampees get their way because of their names and money not based on credibility. If APC really want public support, they have no choice other than putting GMB on the ballot. Otherwise, like donphilopus said, we the Nairaland progressives will lead the campaign against Atiku Abubakar.
If you decide to campaign against Atiku's candidacy, then GEJ will return to Aso Rock. You made us believe that Buhari is the right man for the job, if he looses again this year, are there any possibility of him contesting again in 2019?
And PDP winning the election next year means all decampees will move back to PDP in the manner of which they had joined APC. That leaves APC with fewer chances of winning in 2019, no matter the flag bearer thereby, giving PDP the freedom to rule for many years to come.
Or what do you think?
Re: APC Presidential Primaries: Analysis On The Voting Pattern Of 8,000 Delegates. by Caseless: 1:55pm On Dec 10, 2014
experimentist:
Take it. It's free bro wink
grin Thank u.
Re: APC Presidential Primaries: Analysis On The Voting Pattern Of 8,000 Delegates. by edogirl2: 1:56pm On Dec 10, 2014
Atiku as APC Presidential candidate ke?

Which kind thing be that.

If these delegates choose him, that's it with me and APC.

1 Like

Re: APC Presidential Primaries: Analysis On The Voting Pattern Of 8,000 Delegates. by D9ty7(m): 2:00pm On Dec 10, 2014
Caseless:
money didnt change results in various primaries held across the nation(both pdp and apc's primaries), so this wont b different. Nigerians are wiser now. They now collect money and now vote d candidate of their choice. Atiku wont win by God's grace.
I understand your point and I quite agree with it. My point above is a matter of 'what if?'
The possibility of election results changing in the 11th hour cannot be ruled out, because it is politics in Nigeria.
Have you thought about how Gbemade got the senatoria ticket in Benue state? Was there a primary? I am not sure. If there isn't a primary then I think, the other aspirants were asked to step down because Gbemade is rich.
Mind you Atiku is rich and Buhari can not match his spending power, and he cannot as well play dirty politics like Atiku.
---
I plead with you not to misunderstand my point. I am only pointing out the possibilities. My question now is who are these delegates?
Re: APC Presidential Primaries: Analysis On The Voting Pattern Of 8,000 Delegates. by Osasemma(f): 2:00pm On Dec 10, 2014
Hmmmmmm. Non of them is qualified to rule this nation.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Premium Times, Punch, Others Withdraw News On Release Of Buhari Certificate. / Bokoharam‬ Leader Shekau Alive And Well Did The Military Deceive Us? (pics) / The Shameless Act Of Ikwerre Fathers Towards Igbos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.