Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,873 members, 7,817,571 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:40 PM

We Vindicated Russia Over Its Cargo Plane, Yet Cruxified Oritsejafor;why? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Vindicated Russia Over Its Cargo Plane, Yet Cruxified Oritsejafor;why? (1028 Views)

(photo) After Earthquake, Nepalese Cruxified Missionaries / Russia Disowns Arms-laden Cargo Plane Impounded In Kano / Pictures of Russian Cargo Plane impounded in Kano and its consignment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Vindicated Russia Over Its Cargo Plane, Yet Cruxified Oritsejafor;why? by akpanoka: 7:49pm On Dec 10, 2014
Isn't it hypocritical that Russia was vindicated for renting its cargo plane to France to transport military equipment yet we almost lynched Pastor for renting his jet out. A jet was operated by a private firm.

Shouldn't we apologize to Pastor? Cos I folo curse am too

2 Likes

Re: We Vindicated Russia Over Its Cargo Plane, Yet Cruxified Oritsejafor;why? by fes2ga: 8:01pm On Dec 10, 2014
These are two different scenario, firstly Oritsejafor broke extant laws while the Russians never did, They took permission before they landed in Nigeria....
Re: We Vindicated Russia Over Its Cargo Plane, Yet Cruxified Oritsejafor;why? by LogicPower(m): 8:22pm On Dec 10, 2014
akpanoka:
Isn't it hypocritical that Russia was vindicated for renting its cargo plane to France to transport military equipment yet we almost lynched Pastor for renting his jet out. A jet was operated by a private firm.

It is ABSURDLY FALLACIOUS to compare the two situations!

1. Is the Russian cargo plane owned and 'rented' out by the head of one of the two competing religions in the country?

2. Even if it were, are the suspected weapons intended to be brought into Russia?

3. Even if they were, is one particular region of Russia currently facing daily terrorist attacks like the NE part of Nigeria?

4. Eeven if it is, is the country as sharply and dangerously divided (almost equally) along 2 religious lines, where the followers of each faith is accusing members of the other of orchestrating the daily attacks against them?

5. If Russia were to be in the same situation as Nigeria, and the head of a religious body of one of the two faiths 'rents' out his private jet to be used to import arms into the country, do you think members of the other faith would simply understand and accept the official explanations that there is nothing sinister about the attempted importation of the weapons?

2 Likes

Re: We Vindicated Russia Over Its Cargo Plane, Yet Cruxified Oritsejafor;why? by Iroh88(m): 8:32pm On Dec 10, 2014
This is the MOST IDIOTIC post I've ever seen on this forum!! First, no one "vindicated" Russia over the incident. Last time I checked, the government was severely criticised for releasing the plane and some folks even went as far as demonstrating at the airport over its release. Secondly, Oritsejafor bought the plane for purposes that fell under religion and charity, he wasn't supposed to use it for financially profitable reasons. Even if he violated that law, it DIDN'T have to involve arms transport!! He's the supposed HEAD of Christians in Nigeria. Don't you get it

Some posts just make me sick.

1 Like

Re: We Vindicated Russia Over Its Cargo Plane, Yet Cruxified Oritsejafor;why? by Nobody: 9:43pm On Dec 10, 2014
LogicPower:

1. Is the Russian cargo plane owned and 'rented' out by the head of one of the two competing religions in the country?

2. Even if it were, are the suspected weapons intended to be brought into Russia?

3. Even if they were, is one particular region of Russia currently facing daily terrorist attacks like the NE part of Nigeria?

4. Eeven if it is, is the country as sharply and dangerously divided (almost equally) along 2 religious lines, where the followers of each faith is accusing members of the other of orchestrating the daily attacks against them?

5. If Russia were to be in the same situation as Nigeria, and the head of a religious body of one of the two faiths 'rents' out his private jet to be used to import arms into the country, do you think members of the other faith would simply understand and accept the official explanations that there is nothing sinister about the attempted importation of the weapons?

I can feel your pains. Just take it easy bro,
Relax, take a deep breath. Innn Ouuut, in, ouut.

Now bro

Pa Ayo got a jet as a gift.
Being that he does not need it often, he leased it out for commercial purpose.
Leasing it it out is within the law.
He never broke any law.

Further more, there is a firm that is handling the jet, it is no longer in the hands of Pa Ayo.

Now, someone needed to hire a good and reliable jet, Pa Ayo's jet was chosen, not because it belongs to him, but because its new and will do a good job. Mind you sir, the hiring of the jet was done between to firms.
One is a firm that purchases arm for the government, the other is a firm that manages the jet.

Now bro, what exactly is biting you?

2 Likes

Re: We Vindicated Russia Over Its Cargo Plane, Yet Cruxified Oritsejafor;why? by Nobody: 9:45pm On Dec 10, 2014
Iroh88:
This is the MOST IDIOTIC post I've ever seen on this forum!! First, no one "vindicated" Russia over the incident. Last time I checked, the government was severely criticised for releasing the plane and some folks even went as far as demonstrating at the airport over its release. Secondly, Oritsejafor bought the plane for purposes that fell under religion and charity, he wasn't supposed to use it for financially profitable reasons. Even if he violated that law, it DIDN'T have to involve arms transport!! He's the supposed HEAD of Christians in Nigeria. Don't you get it

Some posts just make me sick.
Bro, Pa Ayo did not buy the jet.
It was a gift on his birth day.
Being that he did not need to use it that often, he decided to put it up for leasing.

What is you peoples problem exactly?

1 Like

Re: We Vindicated Russia Over Its Cargo Plane, Yet Cruxified Oritsejafor;why? by akpanoka: 10:06pm On Dec 10, 2014
fes2ga:
These are two different scenario, firstly Oritsejafor broke extant laws while the Russians never did, They took permission before they landed in Nigeria....

These are similar cases Sir. Russia and Pastor, when treated as entities, own and rented out their private jet to a second party in a legal manner.

When intercepeted, Nigeria and France claimed ownership of d contents therein. Where does d owner of d jet come in when d jet was legitimately leased?

D Russian case shud be. More worrisome, given that it was transporting arms to perceived hostile neighboring country, suspected to be fuelling boko haram

4 Likes

Re: We Vindicated Russia Over Its Cargo Plane, Yet Cruxified Oritsejafor;why? by major466(m): 11:25pm On Dec 10, 2014
Isn't it curious? Some people are bend on painting Oritsejafor black. The Russian example is no different from his.
Re: We Vindicated Russia Over Its Cargo Plane, Yet Cruxified Oritsejafor;why? by major466(m): 11:26pm On Dec 10, 2014
LogicPower:

Codswallop.
Re: We Vindicated Russia Over Its Cargo Plane, Yet Cruxified Oritsejafor;why? by major466(m): 11:28pm On Dec 10, 2014
fes2ga:
What's this one saying? Which law did Oritsejafor break?
Re: We Vindicated Russia Over Its Cargo Plane, Yet Cruxified Oritsejafor;why? by lakpalakpa: 11:38pm On Dec 10, 2014
noblezone:

Bro, Pa Ayo did not buy the jet.
It was a gift on his birth day.
Being that he did not need to use it that often, he decided to put it up for leasing.

What is you peoples problem exactly?

You are an extremely foolish LIAR... undecided

The President of the Christian Association of Nigeria, Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor, has dismissed criticism trailing his acquisition of a jet, saying he was not ashamed to own a plane.

Mr. Oritsejafor, General Overseer of Word of Life Bible Church, had early this month acquired a private jet, saying it was donated to him by church members in commemoration of his 40th year on the pulpit.

The pastor thereafter came under tremendous criticism over this acquisition of a plane with Bishop Mathew Kukah describing him as an embarrassment to Christianity while Pastor Tunde Bakare said clergymen like him, taking advantage of their congregations, and buying private jets, deserved to go to jail.

But in an interview he granted Nigeria Vanguard newspaper this Sunday, Mr. Oritsejafor said given the nature of his work, a plane had become a necessity.

“I’m not ashamed to own a plane, I think it is a necessity and not a luxury for some of us deeply involved in the work of God to own planes,” the pastor said.

He said he did not know the church members who donated the jet, saying all he knew was that some members constituted a committee for the purpose and that his wife worked closely with the committee.

He said members of the congregation decided to donate the jet after they became aware of the suffering he was underwent whenever he travelled in and out of Nigeria preaching the gospel.

“They feel the pain I go through and they feel painful for not seeing me most of the time,” Mr. Oritsejafor explained. “They don’t like it, they are troubled. I know some people buy planes, I can’t buy plane. I can’t afford it. I don’t have that kind of money, I still don’t know the people that bought this plane, but I know that there is a committee.”

He continued, “Sometimes, my schedule is so complicated. Now, with this plane, it changes everything about my movements. Now, I can move, I can even go and come back home. It is a bit more convenient for me and I suspect that this is one of the reasons a lot of these other preachers have planes.”

Further justifying the need for the jet, the CAN president narrated an experience he had when he travelled to Indonesia to preach the gospel.

He said, “You may have heard me speak about my trip to Indonesia, to Jakarta.

“In fact, it wasn’t even Jakarta I was going to, but I had to stay inside an airport in Jakarta for five hours to wait for my flight, to get to the very city I was going. I was only going to preach for two hours there. I flew from Lagos to Dubai and I spent over three hours, changed flight to fly to Jakarta and then stayed five hours at the airport just to catch a flight to where I was going to, where I was to preach for just two hours.

“And after everything, I got a flight from that place again to Jakarta, stayed at the airport again for another five hours, then flew into Dubai, stayed again at the airport for another three hours before I flew into Lagos. It took me four days to make a journey to preach for two hours. I’m a human being and I am not getting younger every day.

“And locally, it is worse, for instance, the acting General Secretary of CAN lost his father in a place outside Uyo, Akwa Ibom State and I had to be there. I preached in a place in Lagos on a Friday and needed to be back to Warri on a Saturday, but at the end of the day, the plane that would have taken me was no where.

“I had to charter a plane for N3.5 million to take me to Uyo, waited for me to finish and then take me back to Warri. Two weeks ago, a young pastor in Port Harcourt built a new church and had been on me all this while to come and dedicate the church and suddenly from no where, there was this flood that cut off the road to Port Harcourt.

“There is no road now to Port Harcourt. If you want to go by road now, it takes you up to 12 hours to get to Port Harcourt and I had to preach in Port Harcourt, I had to preach in Lagos, I had to preach in Abuja and other places. Finally, I was able to find my way to Port Harcourt, it was on a Saturday.

“I had to get to Warri that Saturday so as to be able to preach the next day, Sunday. Do you know what I had to finally do? I chartered a helicopter that cost me N2 million to drop me in Warri. When they dropped me here, ah, I can’t tell you how I felt that I had to part with that sum. But I had promised the young man and the church and if I had said no, will it be right? I can go on and on and on.”

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/108513-why-private-jet-is-a-necessity-for-me-pastor-ayo-oritsejafor.html
Re: We Vindicated Russia Over Its Cargo Plane, Yet Cruxified Oritsejafor;why? by Nobody: 12:16am On Dec 11, 2014
akpanoka:

How dare you compare Ayo Oritsejafor with my fellow Russian Comrades?

Oritsejafor; a self-confessed former armed robber, cultist and drug addict, who was probably too smart to be convicted, who may have killed several people in the past, but suddenly became a pastor, has a very high chance, after making billions, of engaging in violence and supporting violence, on a grander scale. Moreso, he is now in a totally unregulated profession (church ownership), where every dick, tom and harry can wake up tomorrow and tell us they heard from God himself.

Atleast, we now know who the real Boko Haram sponsors are!

1 Like

Re: We Vindicated Russia Over Its Cargo Plane, Yet Cruxified Oritsejafor;why? by Nobody: 4:42am On Dec 12, 2014
lakpalakpa:

You are an extremely foolish LIAR... undecided

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/108513-why-private-jet-is-a-necessity-for-me-pastor-ayo-oritsejafor.html

The President of the Christian Association of Nigeria, Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor, has dismissed criticism trailing his acquisition of a jet, saying he was not ashamed to own a plane.

Mr. Oritsejafor, General Overseer of Word of Life Bible Church, had early this month acquired a private jet, saying it was donated to him by church members in commemoration of his 40th year on the pulpit.

The pastor thereafter came under tremendous criticism over this acquisition of a plane with Bishop Mathew Kukah describing him as an embarrassment to Christianity while Pastor Tunde Bakare said clergymen like him, taking advantage of their congregations, and buying private jets, deserved to go to jail.

But in an interview he granted Nigeria Vanguard newspaper this Sunday, Mr. Oritsejafor said given the nature of his work, a plane had become a necessity.

“I’m not ashamed to own a plane, I think it is a necessity and not a luxury for some of us deeply involved in the work of God to own planes,” the pastor said.

He said he did not know the church members who donated the jet, saying all he knew was that some members constituted a committee for the purpose and that his wife worked closely with the committee.

He said members of the congregation decided to donate the jet after they became aware of the suffering he was underwent whenever he travelled in and out of Nigeria preaching the gospel.

“They feel the pain I go through and they feel painful for not seeing me most of the time,” Mr. Oritsejafor explained. “They don’t like it, they are troubled. I know some people buy planes, I can’t buy plane. I can’t afford it. I don’t have that kind of money, I still don’t know the people that bought this plane, but I know that there is a committee.”

He continued, “Sometimes, my schedule is so complicated. Now, with this plane, it changes everything about my movements. Now, I can move, I can even go and come back home. It is a bit more convenient for me and I suspect that this is one of the reasons a lot of these other preachers have planes.”

Further justifying the need for the jet, the CAN president narrated an experience he had when he travelled to Indonesia to preach the gospel.

He said, “You may have heard me speak about my trip to Indonesia, to Jakarta.

“In fact, it wasn’t even Jakarta I was going to, but I had to stay inside an airport in Jakarta for five hours to wait for my flight, to get to the very city I was going. I was only going to preach for two hours there. I flew from Lagos to Dubai and I spent over three hours, changed flight to fly to Jakarta and then stayed five hours at the airport just to catch a flight to where I was going to, where I was to preach for just two hours.

“And after everything, I got a flight from that place again to Jakarta, stayed at the airport again for another five hours, then flew into Dubai, stayed again at the airport for another three hours before I flew into Lagos. It took me four days to make a journey to preach for two hours. I’m a human being and I am not getting younger every day.

“And locally, it is worse, for instance, the acting General Secretary of CAN lost his father in a place outside Uyo, Akwa Ibom State and I had to be there. I preached in a place in Lagos on a Friday and needed to be back to Warri on a Saturday, but at the end of the day, the plane that would have taken me was no where.

“I had to charter a plane for N3.5 million to take me to Uyo, waited for me to finish and then take me back to Warri. Two weeks ago, a young pastor in Port Harcourt built a new church and had been on me all this while to come and dedicate the church and suddenly from no where, there was this flood that cut off the road to Port Harcourt.

“There is no road now to Port Harcourt. If you want to go by road now, it takes you up to 12 hours to get to Port Harcourt and I had to preach in Port Harcourt, I had to preach in Lagos, I had to preach in Abuja and other places. Finally, I was able to find my way to Port Harcourt, it was on a Saturday.

“I had to get to Warri that Saturday so as to be able to preach the next day, Sunday. Do you know what I had to finally do? I chartered a helicopter that cost me N2 million to drop me in Warri. When they dropped me here, ah, I can’t tell you how I felt that I had to part with that sum. But I had promised the young man and the church and if I had said no, will it be right? I can go on and on and on.”

You would have read the article first and in case you don't know, check the meaning of the word "donated".
Cheers bro.

(1) (Reply)

Why We Stopped Buying Nigeria’s Oil -Mr. Jeff Zients/White House Econ Director / PTF: Witness Against Buhari Is Dead, Says PDP / Open Letter To Gen. Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.