Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,119 members, 7,818,343 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:14 PM

I Am A Great Man, That's Why People Talk About Me - Chris Oyakhilome - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Am A Great Man, That's Why People Talk About Me - Chris Oyakhilome (17177 Views)

Picture Of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In 1997 (At A Camp Meeting) / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Why Do We Never See Videos Of Anita? Youtube? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am A Great Man, That's Why People Talk About Me - Chris Oyakhilome by Thespecialone(m): 2:02pm On Dec 11, 2014
Twisting things just to get more traffic. Smh
Re: I Am A Great Man, That's Why People Talk About Me - Chris Oyakhilome by actYourDreams: 2:04pm On Dec 11, 2014
If the Pastor said this, then I wonder if Jesus's measure of greatness by service, as found in Mark 10:43, contradicts what the 'man of God' has just said. If he indeed said that.

First, there are ambiguities in what he said. That the whole world, or almost the whole world, fearfully talk(ed) about Hitler never make or made him great, in the positive sense of greatness. People largely talk(ed) about him because he was evil, as portrayed in the history books. But Mr Oyakhilome seems to claim that Hitler was great, in the positive sense. This example most probably flaws his measure of greatness.

However, if one has truly served the multitude then they should genuinely care about the individual's well-being. So, we can conclude that such an individual is great in her own right.

But in the case of Mr Oyakhilome, it is clear that he has not served everyone who talks about him, hence if we judge by Jesus's metric for greatness, we cannot conclude that the population size of Mr Oyakhilome's critics correlate with his greatness.

TheRealMrStan:

http://lindaikeji..com/2014/12/people-talk-about-me-because-i-am-great.html?

[img]http://3.bp..com/--Y_C2VkuyGE/VIl51zbpjTI/AAAAAAAEEnM/wTj_GVu0H7I/s1600/Pastors-Chris-Oyakhilome-650x400.jpeg[/img]
Re: I Am A Great Man, That's Why People Talk About Me - Chris Oyakhilome by ify84(m): 2:04pm On Dec 11, 2014
But we talk more about Abubakar Shekau.... That means.... D pastor just Said Abubakar Shekau is the greatest man In 9ja.. OK naa
Re: I Am A Great Man, That's Why People Talk About Me - Chris Oyakhilome by Oduduwaboy(m): 2:07pm On Dec 11, 2014
....Yes; a greatly irresponsible man who tricked his wife to divorce him !

1 Like

Re: I Am A Great Man, That's Why People Talk About Me - Chris Oyakhilome by Nobody: 2:08pm On Dec 11, 2014
I read on tweeter, a few moments ago

a youth posting...

"Hope is a powerful emotion,
all of a sudden while witnessing On-going the APC convention,
he feels a new powerful glimpse of hope for Nigeria,
hope that will bring back the lost destinies destroyed by PDP
this hope is the Change we are looking for...

In the voice of Obama: "A change we will, A change we want"

B-bring
U-us
H-hope
A-and
R-restore
I-integrity

BUHARI ALL THE WAY

(Modify) (Quote) (Report) (Share)

Re: I Am A Great Man, That's Why People Talk About Me - Chris Oyakhilome by Oyinprince(m): 2:09pm On Dec 11, 2014
ify84:
But we talk more about Abubakar Shekau.... That means.... D pastor just Said Abubakar Shekau is the greatest man In 9ja.. OK naa
Did you really comprehend what you read?

"A man's greatness is measured by the number
of those who care about what happens to him or
in his life. If 10 people talk about it, then your life
has only influenced 10 people. But when the city
or people from around the world start talking
about it, then your life must have influenced them
from that afar."

Did you see "BY THE NUMBERS OF THOSE WHO CARE ABOUT WHAT HAPPENS TO HIM" ?

Do you care about what happens to Shekau?
Re: I Am A Great Man, That's Why People Talk About Me - Chris Oyakhilome by redcliff: 2:09pm On Dec 11, 2014
lexdino:
Did he pay Linda Ikeji to publish this? I'm asking because we france french scholars always get to the root of fake news

FIXED
i do know that french scholars are witty and smart.. but you...SMH
Re: I Am A Great Man, That's Why People Talk About Me - Chris Oyakhilome by damianclarkmike: 2:14pm On Dec 11, 2014
this wan na big mumu
Re: I Am A Great Man, That's Why People Talk About Me - Chris Oyakhilome by Nobody: 2:30pm On Dec 11, 2014
Then, hitler/osama must be some of d greatest that ever lived!
Re: I Am A Great Man, That's Why People Talk About Me - Chris Oyakhilome by Tonycart: 2:30pm On Dec 11, 2014
sexymoma:
If i talk now... dem go quote me angry

great lady. I just talked about you. Lol
Re: I Am A Great Man, That's Why People Talk About Me - Chris Oyakhilome by GlorifiedTunde(m): 2:31pm On Dec 11, 2014
wonlasewonimi:

Just go and take care of your kid and stop using him to beg for alms online

Thanks. Doesn't he look taken care of? Is this begging of alms to you.

Why are u so mean? If you won't vote just shove your disgruntlement up your throat! angry

1 Like

Re: I Am A Great Man, That's Why People Talk About Me - Chris Oyakhilome by FOLLOWJESUS: 2:33pm On Dec 11, 2014
Point of correction, there must be reason why people talk about you,It must be either posetive or negative,for example Osama Bin ladeen,Adulfuse Hitler etc people don't talk good about them, they are bad influence to their generation and beyond and I know that there is no greatness in evil, Now we know about Nelson Mandela and others like him whom people will always remember for good,they are good influence to their generation that is what is called talk about greatness, So known you for evil with one bad remark is not greatness.How many awards did Osama and Hitler receive.then how many did Mandela and others receive,you know the answer.therefore greatness can never be atarched to evil that is the general paseption of every reasonable thinking human being.
Re: I Am A Great Man, That's Why People Talk About Me - Chris Oyakhilome by henryadex(m): 2:34pm On Dec 11, 2014
GREAT MAN GREAT DISAPPOINTMENT GREAT SAUL GREAT DEATH GREAT DAVID GREAT GOD
Re: I Am A Great Man, That's Why People Talk About Me - Chris Oyakhilome by wonlasewonimi: 2:38pm On Dec 11, 2014
GlorifiedTunde:

Thanks. Doesn't he look taken care of? Is this begging of alms to you.

Why are u so mean? If you won't vote just shove your disgruntlement up your throat! angry

You're a semi-literate retardd. You don't even know putting a kid's picture online like this is not condoned in saner climes. Not to talk of soliciting for useless votes from people cos you want to win a pack of pampers or huggies? Dunderhead!
Re: I Am A Great Man, That's Why People Talk About Me - Chris Oyakhilome by GlorifiedTunde(m): 2:42pm On Dec 11, 2014
wonlasewonimi:

You're a semi-literate retardd. You don't even know putting putting a kids picture online like this is not condoned in saner climes. Not to talk of soliciting for useless votes from people cos you want to win a pack of pampers or huggies? Dunderhead!

Hmmm. Wow! You're really hurt. Its only insults people like you are good at composing. Well I can't help you. I'm no dunderhead or retard. It would be a terrible thing for you to try driving your point with such a person don't you think?
Re: I Am A Great Man, That's Why People Talk About Me - Chris Oyakhilome by wonlasewonimi: 2:45pm On Dec 11, 2014
GlorifiedTunde:

Hmmm. Wow! You're really hurt. Its only insults people like you are good at composing. Well I can't help you. I'm no dunderhead or retard. It would be a terrible thing for you to try driving your point with such a person don't you think?

I was not hurt, just trying to drill common sense into your head!
Re: I Am A Great Man, That's Why People Talk About Me - Chris Oyakhilome by GlorifiedTunde(m): 2:46pm On Dec 11, 2014
wonlasewonimi:

I was not hurt, just trying to drill common sense into your head!

OK sire. Noted. Appreciated wink
Re: I Am A Great Man, That's Why People Talk About Me - Chris Oyakhilome by wonlasewonimi: 2:50pm On Dec 11, 2014
GlorifiedTunde:

OK sire. Noted. Appreciated wink
Cool thanks for understanding. We are good! cool
Re: I Am A Great Man, That's Why People Talk About Me - Chris Oyakhilome by fyneboi79(m): 2:52pm On Dec 11, 2014
Re: I Am A Great Man, That's Why People Talk About Me - Chris Oyakhilome by vooks: 3:02pm On Dec 11, 2014
That all of you are busy dissecting his words is sufficient evidence that the man is dead right cheesy

Re: I Am A Great Man, That's Why People Talk About Me - Chris Oyakhilome by ThoniaSlim(f): 3:14pm On Dec 11, 2014
Yimu! grin
Re: I Am A Great Man, That's Why People Talk About Me - Chris Oyakhilome by osimataylor(m): 3:31pm On Dec 11, 2014
SATAN is a great man .[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
Re: I Am A Great Man, That's Why People Talk About Me - Chris Oyakhilome by Kenny4lyfe(m): 3:33pm On Dec 11, 2014
Gombs:
Lies... Op, you and linda ikeji.... God go ask una how far soon...keep on lying to earn a living

Pastor Chris was making a teaching during the communion service, and these rumour mongers took a part of it, twisted it, made a topic and trust those who love lies and gossip. They are swallowing it. But ironically, for weird reasons, nairaland front page never seem to know anything good about the man Pastor Chris. it is always lies, rumours, and slander. if it is bad, then it certainly is true about Chris Oyakhilome.

the other day, they said he did his birthday on A SHIP... and mods moved it to front page... A SHIP o, not even a yatch. grin

Who in their right mind would think Pastor Chris said the above topic as the OP and Linda suggests? Seun is busy competing with Linda on who can spread gossips faster, ruining the forum with topics. 5 per 20mins.

My brother... that na their way oh!
They coin gossips from his messages but we know better!
#rumormongers you can only suprise men, you can't suprise God!
Zipping my cold zobo inside this hot weather!

1 Like

Re: I Am A Great Man, That's Why People Talk About Me - Chris Oyakhilome by famtech: 3:47pm On Dec 11, 2014
QMark:
Does that mean Abubakar Shekau is/was a great man? I dont think so.

Yes Abubakar Shekau is a great Man depending on how/where you look at it-Negative or Positive.
You either wish somebody good or Bad depending on how his/her life influences and affect yours.
Re: I Am A Great Man, That's Why People Talk About Me - Chris Oyakhilome by sexymoma(f): 3:49pm On Dec 11, 2014
Tonycart:

great lady. I just talked about you. Lol
wink
Re: I Am A Great Man, That's Why People Talk About Me - Chris Oyakhilome by An2elect2(f): 3:50pm On Dec 11, 2014
symbianDON:
it's unfortunate how many people call themselves christians but actually hate Christ in their words and actions. i have observed with great dismay how here on nairaland many people specialize in running down, insulting and degrading pastors......just simply because they are pastors!! it's not just about pastor chris but about oyedepo, adeboye and others. we are indeed in the last days, i must say.
Re: I Am A Great Man, That's Why People Talk About Me - Chris Oyakhilome by An2elect2(f): 3:51pm On Dec 11, 2014
symbianDON:
it's unfortunate how many people call themselves christians but actually hate Christ in their words and actions. i have observed with great dismay how here on nairaland many people specialize in running down, insulting and degrading pastors......just simply because they are pastors!! it's not just about pastor chris but about oyedepo, adeboye and others. we are indeed in the last days, i must say.

What are you vomiting here. No discerning Christian will call these wolves Christians not to talk of pastors.
You just exposed your ignorance of truth.
You lost sad
Re: I Am A Great Man, That's Why People Talk About Me - Chris Oyakhilome by QMark: 3:54pm On Dec 11, 2014
famtech:

Yes Abubakar Shekau is a great Man depending on how/where you look at it-Negative or Positive.
You either wish somebody good or Bad depending on how his/her life influences and affect yours.

Good thought.
Re: I Am A Great Man, That's Why People Talk About Me - Chris Oyakhilome by Esilo(m): 4:08pm On Dec 11, 2014
hungryboy:
.People do talk about me too, that means am also a great man,
the only thing i lack is a tithe paying congregation, and Jerry curl hair
thank God u de answer hungryboy already
Re: I Am A Great Man, That's Why People Talk About Me - Chris Oyakhilome by zomby(m): 4:08pm On Dec 11, 2014
I'm not sure where this man is going with this.......because even Jesus didn't call himself a GREAT MAN or a GREAT SON OF GOD.

My humble advise:
Forget these Nigerian (jets owner) pastors.
Pray to God on your own, read your Bible from time to time, always do what is right, donate your 10% anonymously to those in need and always ask for forgiveness....You don't even need to go to church, God is omnipresent; he's everywhere at the same time and ready to embrace you at any time.
Re: I Am A Great Man, That's Why People Talk About Me - Chris Oyakhilome by ify84(m): 4:25pm On Dec 11, 2014
Oyinprince:
Did you really comprehend what you read?

"A man's greatness is measured by the number
of those who care about what happens to him or
in his life. If 10 people talk about it, then your life
has only influenced 10 people. But when the city
or people from around the world start talking
about it, then your life must have influenced them
from that afar."

Did you see "BY THE NUMBERS OF THOSE WHO CARE ABOUT WHAT HAPPENS TO HIM" ?

Do you care about what happens to Shekau?

I care extra how what happens to Abubakar Shekau...... Just as I care what happens to pst Chris.... Positive or negative

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Are We Not Seeing Miracles As Of Old? / Why Is There A Resurrection? / Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.