Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,807 members, 7,817,343 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:38 AM

Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence - Autos (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence (38632 Views)

"new Plate Number And Drivers Lincense Unveiled"- But Too Costly / 2002 Infiniti G20, All Documentation, Like New, Wont Last. / Re:car Registration And Drivers' Licence Cost:help Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence by mickee2u(m): 6:56pm On Feb 18
Good evening sir, i just came accroas this thread and great job so far. I have two questions, hopefully you get to respond soon.

1. I have a referal note to go get my VIS road worthiness inspection done, and my xurrent certificate expires tomorrow 19th. If I don't get to go for the inspection maybe because of work demands and I drive my car after the certificate expires on the 19th (tomorrow), say Im driving on the 20th or 21th, would.that be an offence? Would the cameras run my plate and give me a fine even as I have a valid referral note for inspection?

2. During my las VIS inspection, the centre I visited in Surulere renewed my road worthiness for 11 months instead of 12 months. My road worthi ess shouldn't expire till march normally. Is this something that can be corrected? Because usually, all my papers expire at the same time in march and it makes it easy for me to just remember and renew all.at once.

I'll really appreciate your attention to these questions.
Thank you.
Re: Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence by ibro2much(m): 8:36pm On Feb 18
mickee2u:
Good evening sir, i just came accroas this thread and great job so far. I have two questions, hopefully you get to respond soon.

1. I have a referal note to go get my VIS road worthiness inspection done, and my xurrent certificate expires tomorrow 19th. If I don't get to go for the inspection maybe because of work demands and I drive my car after the certificate expires on the 19th (tomorrow), say Im driving on the 20th or 21th, would.that be an offence? Would the cameras run my plate and give me a fine even as I have a valid referral note for inspection?

2. During my las VIS inspection, the centre I visited in Surulere renewed my road worthiness for 11 months instead of 12 months. My road worthi ess shouldn't expire till march normally. Is this something that can be corrected? Because usually, all my papers expire at the same time in march and it makes it easy for me to just remember and renew all.at once.

I'll really appreciate your attention to these questions.
Thank you.

Good evening sir,

1. Since you have the valid referral note for the inspection already with you, the camera cannot fine you again for an expired roadworthiness certificate. but you must make sure that you go for inspection before the expiry date on the referral note.

2. Private vehicle roadworthiness validity is for 12 months (one year). maybe you went for the inspection a month after the issuance of the referral note. (roadworthiness validity counts from the date of the issuance of the referral note)

I hope I have been able to answer your questions sir.
Re: Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence by Justjyde(m): 10:20am On Feb 21
Why is Lagos asking for bck payments on vehicles that moved out of Lagos for extended periods? Isn't this illegal?
Re: Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence by mickee2u(m): 8:01pm On Feb 26
ibro2much:

Good evening sir,

1. Since you have the valid referral note for the inspection already with you, the camera cannot fine you again for an expired roadworthiness certificate. but you must make sure that you go for inspection before the expiry date on the referral note.

2. Private vehicle roadworthiness validity is for 12 months (one year). maybe you went for the inspection a month after the issuance of the referral note. (roadworthiness validity counts from the date of the issuance of the referral note)

I hope I have been able to answer your questions sir.

Thank you sir. I went dirt the last inspection as soon as i got my referral note, wasn't a month after. And i got my referral note before my road worthiness document at that time even expired. It was an error om their part, but can anything be done to rectify it? I was hoping they can check on their database to see the error and correct it. You know how it is with vehicle licence or insurance, even if you renew before or after expiry, the date remains the same.
Re: Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence by CruzJoe(m): 8:12pm On Mar 13
pls is it true......

If am currently doing my vehicle renewal( commercial vehicle) .......that the system(Autoreg) can't allow me to do only these 3 documents

1: Vehicle licence
2: Hackney permit
3: Insurance

Am asking because, someone charged me to do my vehicle renewal for me, so we agreed on the above 3 documents only...He now told me the price for the 3 documents.

So today, as he brought the documents for me, He started telling me, that he used his money to pay for another extra document( proof of ownership)....that I wil have to pay him more money for that extra documents.

I told him...I never asked you to do that one, he said....why he did it, is because, during the vehicle licence renewal....that the system won't allow you to skip the "proof of ownership" that they goes together.

But He only brought the 3 documents we agreed on initially....said he wil print out the proof of ownership tomorow which he said..he alewdy paid for in the system.

And when I checked on autoreg verification webpage.....
It was only my vehicle licence and hackney permit that is showing.

My question is....is it true that the system doesn't allow to skip the "proof of ownership "
Am thinking...He is just trying to use that to collect more money from me.

NOTE: the vehicle is stil the original owner...
Re: Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence by ibro2much(m): 8:05am On Mar 14
CruzJoe:
pls is it true......

If am currently doing my vehicle renewal( commercial vehicle) .......that the system(Autoreg) can't allow me to do only these 3 documents

1: Vehicle licence
2: Hackney permit
3: Insurance

Am asking because, someone charged me to do my vehicle renewal for me, so we agreed on the above 3 documents only...He now told me the price for the 3 documents.

So today, as he brought the documents for me, He started telling me, that he used his money to pay for another extra document( proof of ownership)....that I wil have to pay him more money for that extra documents.

I told him...I never asked you to do that one, he said....why he did it, is because, during the vehicle licence renewal....that the system won't allow you to skip the "proof of ownership" that they goes together.

But He only brought the 3 documents we agreed on initially....said he wil print out the proof of ownership tomorow which he said..he alewdy paid for in the system.

And when I checked on autoreg verification webpage.....
It was only my vehicle licence and hackney permit that is showing.

My question is....is it true that the system doesn't allow to skip the "proof of ownership "
Am thinking...He is just trying to use that to collect more money from me.

NOTE: the vehicle is stil the original owner...

Good day sir,
The proof of ownership is only obtainable when you want to renew your roadworthines certificate only sir.(not when you want to renew Vehicle licence, Hackney permit or vehicle Insurance)

It costs #1,200,And it is renewable yearly sir.
Maybe you need to exercise patience and see what he will bring for you sir.
Re: Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence by CruzJoe(m): 8:24pm On Mar 14
Alright sir, thank you, I wil get back to you.

ibro2much:

Good day sir,
The proof of ownership is only obtainable when you want to renew your roadworthines certificate only sir.(not when you want to renew Vehicle licence, Hackney permit or vehicle Insurance)

It costs #1,200,And it is renewable yearly sir.
Maybe you need to exercise patience and see what he will bring for you sir.
Re: Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence by timilehin007(m): 8:58am On Apr 20
Morning sir...
Pls what are the procedure and cost to do replace faded plate number.. I was fined for it yesterday and paid 5k..
I'm in Lagos.. I'm nearer to VIO office. Can I do it there? How much again pls
Re: Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence by Jaysharp(m): 4:12pm On May 02
Good afternoon sir,
Please aside driver license, do I need to do lasdri? I heard people talk about it.

Thank you

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Pre-order anything from Korean and now United States only( Michigan) / »»» Reg 2012 KIA Soul @ N1.650M Negotiable ««« / ****Lightening Fast RO/RO Vehicle Shipping From Any U.S Location Made Easy*****

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.