Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,139 members, 7,814,993 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:00 AM

She Can't Sleep With Lights On - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / She Can't Sleep With Lights On (3133 Views)

My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! / She Is Going To Loose Her Man Because She Can't Cum. / Sleeping With Lights On Or Off? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

She Can't Sleep With Lights On by zoe123: 11:18am On Dec 12, 2014
Super mods in case this is not where this is meant to be help me move it.

Nairalanders i need your advice on a matter pertaining to a friend that i met during marriage class,Her wedding is coming up in a couple of weeks,but she is worried about sleeping arrangement.from the little she told me,she had a terrible experience while growing up and as a result she finds it very difficult sleeping without light on.According to her the few times she slept over at her fiancé's place she noticed that the guy cannot sleep with even a flicker of light on and that he likes soft music on while she detest any kind of noise.she actually asked that question during one of our classes and the marriage counsellor just told her that she needs to adjust that marriage is all about sacrifices and compromise,she really need help on what to do so i told her about NL and she agreed that i can post this get other people's opinion.

NB:Please this will be her 1st experience of NL,please if you know you dnt have a serious suggestion try not to comment and all FTC,Nairaland and i school in where ever can we try to take this post serious you can be helping someone's future home.Also any medical advise will be welcomed
Re: She Can't Sleep With Lights On by xtratagem(m): 11:23am On Dec 12, 2014
They should have separate bedrooms...sleeping together is not by force

3 Likes

Re: She Can't Sleep With Lights On by Abbey2sam(m): 11:27am On Dec 12, 2014
She can have her own room, that's if the husband wouldn't mind
Re: She Can't Sleep With Lights On by xtervaganza(m): 11:28am On Dec 12, 2014
2nd to comment and I school in Brussel grin

niw, to be serious, I don't encourage couples sleeping in different rooms ooo.

and she should try and speak to the guy about it. I really don't know why people can't talk to their partners like they are in a relationship with a serial killer or terrorist
Re: She Can't Sleep With Lights On by saaedlee: 11:30am On Dec 12, 2014
She should purchase a sleeping eye mask for her fiance/husband to be, so the lights can stay on while she sleeps. As fo the music, she either buys ear muffs for herself, who tell her say marraige easy?

2 Likes

Re: She Can't Sleep With Lights On by emeraldoe(f): 11:33am On Dec 12, 2014
She needs to see a counsellor so as to forget d terrible experience she had
Re: She Can't Sleep With Lights On by Nobody: 11:46am On Dec 12, 2014
The difference between the couple is huge but itz either she adapt to the situation or seek help.
btw,she can always sleep in different room,marriage is not all about sleeping together in a room.
Re: She Can't Sleep With Lights On by Nobody: 11:51am On Dec 12, 2014
angry

1 Like

Re: She Can't Sleep With Lights On by SeverusSnape(m): 11:55am On Dec 12, 2014
The guy is just like me... BTW this heading is misleading "she can't sleep with lights on"
Re: She Can't Sleep With Lights On by izaray(f): 11:58am On Dec 12, 2014
Her two excuses made no sense to me, was she not told, dat marriage is all about sacrifices? No matter how terrified her past

experience could av been, sleeping on darkness, let her av a second taught and 4get abt it, she is now married for God sake, she might av trusted & know him better, b4 accepting him as her future hubby, so why all dis excuses?

And sharing their separate bedroom is a no no tin for me, mostly at dis her early stage of marriage, d whole tin will just look boring for her hubby na!

She shouldn't use her own hands to cause problem in her marriage o.

My own opinion tho you can add urs! Mods dn"t 4get to move dis into d family section, d person in question really needs help pls
Re: She Can't Sleep With Lights On by Nobody: 12:01pm On Dec 12, 2014
kristina1:
The difference between the couple is huge but itz either she adapt to the situation or seek help.
btw,she can always sleep in different room,marriage is not all about sleeping together in a room.
u r right. plus lead by example. sleep in separate rooms when u marry.

1 Like

Re: She Can't Sleep With Lights On by Nobody: 12:04pm On Dec 12, 2014
Prixus:

u r right. plus lead by example. sleep in separate rooms when u marry.
Before nko?
Re: She Can't Sleep With Lights On by remsonik(f): 12:15pm On Dec 12, 2014
Hmmm she has to learn how to let go of some things o.
Re: She Can't Sleep With Lights On by zoe123: 12:47pm On Dec 12, 2014
SeverusSnape:
The guy is just like me... BTW this heading is misleading "she can't sleep with lights on"

Sorry dear i was working and typing this at the same time.i will let her log on to NL so she can view the comments
Re: She Can't Sleep With Lights On by Mprex(f): 12:57pm On Dec 12, 2014
Nawa oh! She should talk it out with her hubby na. They would be able to reach a decision between themselves
Re: She Can't Sleep With Lights On by Nobody: 1:44pm On Dec 12, 2014
xtratagem:
They should have separate bedrooms...sleeping together is not by force
what rubbish, dont you know the intimacy between them can die down from this? shez not married yet, so after she says i do, a separate room will be awarded to her, when itz cold at night pillows will be their comfort, when itz time for bedmatics they come together and after the deal is done they go their separate rooms FOR HOW LONG?
Re: She Can't Sleep With Lights On by Nobody: 1:52pm On Dec 12, 2014
How does she sleep when Power is cut by the respective Power authority and there is no fuel for the gen?

1 Like

Re: She Can't Sleep With Lights On by xtratagem(m): 2:07pm On Dec 12, 2014
urhoboman:
what rubbish, dont you know the intimacy between them can die down from this? shez not married yet, so after she says i do, a separate room will be awarded to her, when itz cold at night pillows will be their comfort, when itz time for bedmatics they come together and after the deal is done they go their separate rooms FOR HOW LONG?

grin grin What's your suggestion?
Re: She Can't Sleep With Lights On by Nobody: 2:19pm On Dec 12, 2014
xtratagem:

grin grin What's your suggestion?
itz left for her and her hubby-to-be to decide, we can't advice her alone while her husby stands on his own term. Its either her hubby adapts to lights ON, or she adapts to lights OFF.
Re: She Can't Sleep With Lights On by Nobody: 2:23pm On Dec 12, 2014
striktlymi:
How does she sleep when Power is cut by the respective Power authority and there is no fuel for the gen?
lol, u deserve a bottle of beer for this question

1 Like

Re: She Can't Sleep With Lights On by Cholls(m): 3:11pm On Dec 12, 2014
saaedlee:
She should purchase a sleeping eye mask for her fiance/husband to be, so the lights can stay on while she sleeps. As fo the music, she either buys ear muffs for herself, who tell her say marraige easy?
my brother so for the rest of the brothers life he should put this on undecided
Re: She Can't Sleep With Lights On by Nugess(f): 4:10pm On Dec 12, 2014
D lady involved should HV a hrt to hrt discussion wiv the husband to be...Marriage is not a bed of roses
Re: She Can't Sleep With Lights On by seangy4konji: 7:21pm On Dec 12, 2014
Se needs to deal with he problems and past. It's not even proper sleeping with lights on. Not good to sleep in separate rooms also so I guess she needs to work on her self.

Marriage is past the time of boy you go andeet in university so when they get older let's say 45-50u will still expect the old man sleeping wit lights on?lol.let her fix her self soonest.

Ps. If the husband don fagburu as night guard for England befre maybe he fit deh open eyes all night.
Re: She Can't Sleep With Lights On by Nobody: 8:26pm On Dec 13, 2014
Did they date at all? Did she sleep over? I believe these differences should have been taken care of while dey were dating. Anyways, y should she be d 1 to make d sacrifice? They can reach a compromise and use those kinda light that can b dimmed to any level u like. But on a second thought, she's not sleepin alone so she shouldnt be scared. Unless she doesnt feel secured with the man she's about to get married to.
The music thing, the guy should use ear piece. No b only d babe need to adjust. He's not a statue he should move a bit too!
Re: She Can't Sleep With Lights On by ritababe(f): 9:28pm On Dec 13, 2014
me i cant sleep with light on, it disturb my eye.
Re: She Can't Sleep With Lights On by Nobody: 9:46pm On Dec 13, 2014
I would advise her to discuss it with her "husband to be", that they shuld get two table lamps on both side of the bed.
If he wnts to sleep he can turn his lamp on while the lady switch off hers.
That could be of help
Re: She Can't Sleep With Lights On by jnrbayano(m): 10:12pm On Dec 13, 2014
Are you telling me that NEPA have been so faithful to her that all these years after her bad experience NEPA haven't given her any reason to sleep with lights off?

Op, what name do I hail her with?
Re: She Can't Sleep With Lights On by jnrbayano(m): 10:15pm On Dec 13, 2014
striktlymi:

Intelligent guy!

Believe me, I didn't see this before I typed mine
Re: She Can't Sleep With Lights On by Nobody: 7:24am On Dec 14, 2014
Loooool.. Ok have they the deed with the light been on? Just curious...
Re: She Can't Sleep With Lights On by Janeify(f): 2:10pm On Dec 14, 2014
If she can't adjust then she shouldn't expect the man to adjust.

Let them have separate bedrooms, its normal grin
Re: She Can't Sleep With Lights On by Nobody: 5:09pm On Dec 14, 2014
saaedlee:
nice suggestion.

(1) (2) (Reply)

No MONEY, No ROMANCE ! / My Neighbour Wife Was Peeping In D Window While Me And Titi Was Doing... (pics) / Breakup Is Not The End

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.