Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,244 members, 7,818,836 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:18 AM

The Best State To Raise Ones Kids - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Best State To Raise Ones Kids (23782 Views)

Is It Possible To Raise A Child Without Beating / Male Child Versus Female Child,which Is Difficult To Raise? / Best City To Raise A Family In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Best State To Raise Ones Kids by akubudejud(m): 9:31am On Dec 13, 2014
...FRONT PAGE INDEED!!!
Re: The Best State To Raise Ones Kids by citywal(m): 9:32am On Dec 13, 2014
grin
Bornu state is beta lolzzzzzzzzzz
Re: The Best State To Raise Ones Kids by gratieao: 9:32am On Dec 13, 2014
swankylay:
Osun state!!!! Peaceful And If u r exposed, it children will b exposed there as well. I m talking from experience. I was raised there n most of my friends in Lag, aBj etc finds it hard to blv when I Tell them I'm from there. Osun!!!!
With all this ritualist in Osun state? Some of u will even prefer Soka horror forest once it's in Yoruba town
Re: The Best State To Raise Ones Kids by gratieao: 9:35am On Dec 13, 2014
Ilorin parents be like; when they want to wake their children in the morning? it goes thus...'Kabiru oloribu oloruniya o ni dide nle abi ile o ti mo ni? ki o ko oribu re bo si hin o' even when two friends are exchanging pleasantries its more of 'ah! e ri didirin were ohun na mo wo aso tun tun loju ara re...aso na fine sha dakun ta'n bo ran'?
Re: The Best State To Raise Ones Kids by Rayscell: 9:37am On Dec 13, 2014
Osogbo of course, you will be grateful
Re: The Best State To Raise Ones Kids by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:37am On Dec 13, 2014
gratieao:

Your opinion though.
I will rather go for Anambra, Imo, Delta, Abia Rivers, Enugu base on academically excellency
Towns are preferable. Take Delta State for example, can you compare any school in Burutu LGA to St Patrick and St Brigid in Asaba?
Re: The Best State To Raise Ones Kids by swankylay(m): 9:38am On Dec 13, 2014
gratieao:

With all this ritualist in Osun state? Some of u will even prefer Soka horror forest once it's in Yoruba town

Rituals?? Not in osogbo tho. Every states has it's but. Weighing them will b better. Bombings in abj.. overcrowded Lag etc

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Best State To Raise Ones Kids by monsterprick(m): 9:39am On Dec 13, 2014
kwara state is the best place in Nigeria. they are morally and spiritually and God conscious. kids owned state Na Wetin dem be before I move to cyprus
Re: The Best State To Raise Ones Kids by That2: 9:44am On Dec 13, 2014
Some of the worst crooks, thieves, robbers, debtors and criminals i have met in my entire life were born and breed in Lagos(Irrespective of their tribes), I don't know if this is the sharpness you all speaks of. Sorry to say, Lagos state breed bad characters even among the females. I know the parents have a role to play, it depends on the family values but sometimes peer pressure is much greater. Maybe some wealthy cities in Lagos are ok but i will choose the South-South(Akwa ibom preferably), North central or a less populated state in the SW over Lagos anytime any day! I don't think i can survive in Lagos for a week! Their academic prowess is great though.

1 Like

Re: The Best State To Raise Ones Kids by superior2(m): 9:44am On Dec 13, 2014
Adamawa (Yola south) by far the best (humble, humility, self control, discipline, respect, polite, good character and well behave). If you doubt ask someone that lives there
Re: The Best State To Raise Ones Kids by jamesbawa(m): 9:45am On Dec 13, 2014
nessaluv:
Except 4d insecurity ish. in kd i'd say kaduna is d best -IM0
yea... buh kaduna is kinda aiit now

1 Like

Re: The Best State To Raise Ones Kids by emmasege: 9:55am On Dec 13, 2014
gratieao:

Your opinion though.
I will rather go for Anambra, Imo, Delta, Abia Rivers, Enugu base on academically excellency
Here yourself:
"Academically excellency". Get a good English teacher my friend. Your post really suggests the kind of academic training they give in that region, one in which most secondary school students are assisted to pass WAEC. It's one reason I really have my reservation about raising a child in the eastern region.
Re: The Best State To Raise Ones Kids by jamesbawa(m): 9:56am On Dec 13, 2014
Kaduna is the best ma'am

1 Like

Re: The Best State To Raise Ones Kids by goldfish80(m): 10:00am On Dec 13, 2014
AlphaLycan:
Lagos takes the lead! the sharpness lagos instills in a child ehn is epic. Just a few weeks ago, my friend and I entered a "one chance" bus in enugu....after we had journeyed for a while....my lasgidi brain picked up a few fishy things...I signaled to my friend. That's how we alighted sharpaly...

Viva Lagos!
One chance bus do not exist in Enugu. You and your friend were just paranoid.

1 Like

Re: The Best State To Raise Ones Kids by adrainuche(m): 10:09am On Dec 13, 2014
chopsyray:
did you just say benin city?

Una no like Benin City
Re: The Best State To Raise Ones Kids by Reference(m): 10:19am On Dec 13, 2014
nessaluv:
Except 4d insecurity ish. in kd i'd say kaduna is d best -IM0

Yes, I agree. Most states in the north are a lot better. The most significant factor detrimental to child upbringing and development in my opinion is the 'rat race', 'daily hustle'. The desire to get ahead by all possible means as ocassioned by traffic, tumult and tirades is largely absent there. Religion and to some extent tradition creates more ambience in the home and a worry free, stress free, fortitudious lifestyle that's mental fertilizer for kids.

1 Like

Re: The Best State To Raise Ones Kids by Reference(m): 10:21am On Dec 13, 2014
mastercee:
Lagos state..... Ajegunle precisely undecided

But seriously IMO, this thread is kinda baseless.

Raise your child wherever you find yourself. The family value will determine how well brought up your child would be and not the geographical location.

Pally, you are highly mistaken.
Re: The Best State To Raise Ones Kids by Expsbterror(m): 10:27am On Dec 13, 2014
jutah:
It's often said that the environment where a child is raised has a lot to contribute in his/her conduct. We had a boisterous argument in my office on which state in Nigeria provides the best environment for child development. My choicest state was Ibadan. Other nice places in my opinion were Abuja, Enugu, Cross River, Akwa Ibom, Ondo and Plateau. What state in Nigeria do you think provides the ideal setting for child development?

Anywhere in d northeast. grin
Re: The Best State To Raise Ones Kids by Reference(m): 10:27am On Dec 13, 2014
Wittylens:

The Sun / Heat In those states are too much.... Besides , I don't want my children to grow up in the midst of Abokis

Don't be silly. The average northerner is of better character than the average southerner.

1 Like

Re: The Best State To Raise Ones Kids by Reference(m): 10:31am On Dec 13, 2014
peterjero:
Lagos it is, my younger brother who is just 20 is sharp that I envy him everyday, I grew up in both edo and delta and my sharpness dey learn for where my little Bro dey. I concede to Lagos hands down, because growing a child has to be all round and not just morals because if it's only morals the child might grow up poor financially. #my2cents

And where is or has 'sharpness' led us as a peoples. Just say greedy and self-serving (in plain english). Making places like Lagos an untenable dog eat dog game reserve.

1 Like

Re: The Best State To Raise Ones Kids by guyX(m): 10:33am On Dec 13, 2014
Raise them on nairaland.
#pointless thread
Re: The Best State To Raise Ones Kids by harffie(m): 10:39am On Dec 13, 2014
grayht:
for ur mind grin
This guy don pour sand for my garri o....lol! Was playing with the guy!!
Re: The Best State To Raise Ones Kids by eedrees(m): 10:40am On Dec 13, 2014
jutah:
It's often said that the environment where a child is raised has a lot to contribute in his/her conduct. We had a boisterous argument in my office on which state in Nigeria provides the best environment for child development. My choicest state was Ibadan. Other nice places in my opinion were Abuja, Enugu, Cross River, Akwa Ibom, Ondo and Plateau. What state in Nigeria do you think provides the ideal setting for child development?
Did u jst mention crossriver and akwa ibom??..
Na Bleep dem go take raise am
Re: The Best State To Raise Ones Kids by Reference(m): 10:40am On Dec 13, 2014
AlphaLycan:
Lagos takes the lead! the sharpness lagos instills in a child ehn is epic. Just a few weeks ago, my friend and I entered a "one chance" bus in enugu....after we had journeyed for a while....my lasgidi brain picked up a few fishy things...I signaled to my friend. That's how we alighted sharpaly...

Viva Lagos!

Your doctorate in 'anti-one chance' skills is more unfortunate than an achievement. Its a statement of utter hopelessness that things can ever get better.

I ask this similar question. Kindly think carefully before responding. Is electricity a luxury or necessity and which will you teach your kids.

1 Like

Re: The Best State To Raise Ones Kids by Nicepoker(m): 10:44am On Dec 13, 2014
Borno state of cos.
Re: The Best State To Raise Ones Kids by calabaman(m): 10:51am On Dec 13, 2014
akwa ibom

AKWA IBOM AYAYA
Re: The Best State To Raise Ones Kids by Biggybroda(m): 10:52am On Dec 13, 2014
Going by the comments thus far, I suggest Delta state.. Warri to be precise!
Re: The Best State To Raise Ones Kids by eedrees(m): 10:56am On Dec 13, 2014
Biggybroda:
Going by the comments thus far, I suggest Delta state.. Warri to be precise!
Bad boys town
Re: The Best State To Raise Ones Kids by olorunsogo1: 10:57am On Dec 13, 2014
Fear of God state. Gbam!
Re: The Best State To Raise Ones Kids by PerfumeRepublik: 10:59am On Dec 13, 2014
mployer:
Enugu, Jos, Owerri, PH, kaduna, old Maiduguri, and some parts of Lagos.

Talking about cities though

Enugu, Calabar ,KD,Jos, Parts of lagos, Parts of abuja.....
Re: The Best State To Raise Ones Kids by Kayczz: 11:02am On Dec 13, 2014
jutah:

come Ajegunle for apapa
Re: The Best State To Raise Ones Kids by okeke00(m): 11:08am On Dec 13, 2014
Anambra= no go area
you might eventually loss all of them in an accident. Their roads are death traps

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nikki Catsura Death Photographer - Nikki Catsura Pics - Family Sues Police Men / 2 Siblings Burnt To Death In Jesse Down In Delta Today(graphic Photos) / Should You Obey Ignorant Parents??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.