Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,663 members, 7,823,877 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:08 PM

Should You Obey Ignorant Parents?? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should You Obey Ignorant Parents?? (23809 Views)

Lady Read Out The “12 Commandments” Every Married Woman Must Obey (vid) / If You Obey Your Pastor Over Your Husband, You Have Committed Spiritual Adultery / Any Man Who Says He Loves His Mother More Than His Wife Is Ignorant-nigerian Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should You Obey Ignorant Parents?? by SultanOfAbia: 10:42am On May 08, 2020
The Bible says obey your father and mother so ye shall live long.

What if you're father is telling you to do something you know is very wrong
Will you obey him or disobey him?

What if your mother supports your father in every negative thing he tells you to do?

Some parents are not wise and are easily manipulated by pastors and imams.

I think you should only Respect your parents if they are WISE

58 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Should You Obey Ignorant Parents?? by SultanOfAbia: 10:50am On May 08, 2020
African mentality is that you should respect your parents no matter what because they sacrified all they had for you.
This is a tactics used to Guilt Shame you whenever you don't agree with parents

Lol, duhhhhhh. Before nko??
If you bring a child into this world then you must sacrifice to keep it alive.
It's not rocket science
If you don't want to sacrifice then don't go and insert your dick and give birth to kids.
You don't owe your parents for taking care of you..
That is a duty they both agreed to do once they decided to have kids

If I request for a puppy, of course I have to get ready to feed and raise the puppy.
It is my responsibility and duty since I requested for it.
You can never achieve anything if you cling too much on your parents advice
They are biased on many many levels
Some are blinded by doctrine
They had no access to Internet and a large amount of information unlike us.
That is why White people are far ahead of us. They allow their kids to explore life and in doing so these kids become their best selves with great potential to the community and the world.

314 Likes 42 Shares

Re: Should You Obey Ignorant Parents?? by dukeprince50: 10:58am On May 08, 2020
Pls this deserve front page.
I am going through similar problem that is frustrating the hell out of me and need some advice

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should You Obey Ignorant Parents?? by Exmilitant(m): 11:11am On May 08, 2020
Some parents are chickens!! Never obey chickens if you are a eagle. Had i listen to my overprotective mom, i wouldn't have been the wealthy and powerful son she now boast of...

171 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Should You Obey Ignorant Parents?? by SultanOfAbia: 11:47am On May 08, 2020
dukeprince50:
Seun lalasticlala, pls this deserve front page.
I am going through similar problem that is frustrating the hell out of me and need some advice
Can you elaborate more on the matter?
Tell us what happened

3 Likes

Re: Should You Obey Ignorant Parents?? by dukeprince50: 12:04pm On May 08, 2020
SultanOfAbia:

Can you elaborate more on the matter?
Tell us what happened
deleted, not necessary

1 Like

Re: Should You Obey Ignorant Parents?? by dukeprince50: 12:26pm On May 08, 2020
SultanOfAbia:

I know lots of people that fight with parents more end up being happy and successful in life.
Do you know that if you take their advice and become miserable later in life. They will attribute it to devil blocking your progress. It's an unending loop of had I know, what if, and regrets.
But if you go against them and prove them wrong and become successful. They will be the ones to boast about you nonstop.
That is to show you the level of bias that most parents have.
though I deleted the post, u were quick.
Weda I become successful or fail in life, I'll still feel it more and people won't point fingers at my parents, so I think everyone has the right to choose a path, after all u will still be the one who will account for it in the future, nobody will blame ur parents for ur failure and nobody will praise them for ur success. Nobody is blaming shekau's mom for not raising him properly and only few people knows Bill Gates mother. Our destiny is in our hands,
so to ur earlier question, I'll say if ur parents gave u advice, u have the right to take it or not, Nothing guarantee success, it's better to do what makes u happy and fail than to do what doesn't make u happy and still fail. Happiness cannot be compromised

57 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Should You Obey Ignorant Parents?? by SultanOfAbia: 12:31pm On May 08, 2020
dukeprince50:
though I deleted the post, u were quick.
Weda I become successful or fail in life, I'll still feel it more and people won't point fingers at my parents, so I think everyone has the right to choose a path, after all u will still be the one who will account for it in the future, nobody will blame ur parents for ur failure and nobody will praise them for ur success. Nobody is blaming shekau's mom for not raising him properly and only few people knows Bill Gates mother. Our destiny is in our hands,
so to ur earlier question, I'll say if ur parents gave u advice, u have the right to take it or not, If parents are smarter than their children, Mark Zuckerberg won't be richer than his parents, Ben Carson won't be more successful than his parents, they also have their flaws
God gracious you have said it all
Our future is in our hands..
I wish you all the best in life!

24 Likes

Re: Should You Obey Ignorant Parents?? by Slawormir: 9:10pm On May 08, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright

Bros op is right

But whether ignorant or not

Our parents mean well for us

It is up to you to use your discretion

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should You Obey Ignorant Parents?? by betterman22(m): 9:10pm On May 08, 2020
shocked
Re: Should You Obey Ignorant Parents?? by betterman22(m): 9:10pm On May 08, 2020
SultanOfAbia:

I know lots of people that fight with parents more end up being happy and successful in life.
Do you know that if you take their advice and become miserable later in life. They will attribute it to devil blocking your progress. It's an unending loop of had I know, what if, and regrets.
But if you go against them and prove them wrong and become successful. They will be the ones to boast about you nonstop.
That is to show you the level of bias that most parents have.

1 Like

Re: Should You Obey Ignorant Parents?? by jnrbayano(m): 9:10pm On May 08, 2020
That's where wisdom come to play...

Don't refuse them outrightly to their face but when you depart you do the right thing

Just like when your boss instructs on the way a task is to be carried out which you are certain is a wrong approach. You don't go about schooling him in order to expose his ineptitude and enthrone your ideas.

You just need to apply the right approach and give him feedback on the success of the execution of that task without insisting you didn't get the task done not following his guidelines

Wisdom!

89 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Should You Obey Ignorant Parents?? by NobleAngell(f): 9:10pm On May 08, 2020
Truth is, I have understood the kind of parents God has given me so I've learnt that obeying everything they say is a bad idea. Really bad idea. My parents have a kind of ideology that would work fine if only we were still in 1900. So I don't even bother. When I manage to take their advice, I add some 2020 spice to it.

But most times, I just allow God to lead me.

75 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Should You Obey Ignorant Parents?? by overseer1(m): 9:10pm On May 08, 2020
How?

Suddenly, your parents become ignorant because you have meet one woman who you are not sure of her sincerity and genuineness to you.

My bro better have a rethink before you rush to classify your parents as ignorant.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should You Obey Ignorant Parents?? by Donald3d(m): 9:10pm On May 08, 2020
cheesy
Listen to the Holy Spirit
He is the best teacher and director

31 Likes 2 Shares

dukeprince50:
Pls this deserve front page.

1 Like

Re: Should You Obey Ignorant Parents?? by PureGoldh(m): 9:10pm On May 08, 2020
The matter wey dey on ground so....e heavy for mouth

1 Like

Re: Should You Obey Ignorant Parents?? by ElFantasma(f): 9:11pm On May 08, 2020
Ignorant advice I can disobey, since anyone can sometimes give wrong advice based on lack of adequate information, but I can never refer to my parents as ignorant or unwise.

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Should You Obey Ignorant Parents?? by IME1: 9:11pm On May 08, 2020
angry that word ignorant itself is dishonourable

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should You Obey Ignorant Parents?? by bukatyne(f): 9:11pm On May 08, 2020
SultanOfAbia:
The Bible says obey your father and mother so ye shall live long.

What if you're father is telling you to do something you know is very wrong
Will you obey him or disobey him?

What if your mother supports your father in every negative thing he tells you to do?

Some parents are not wise and are easily manipulated by pastors and imams.

I think you should only Respect your parents if they are WISE

There is a time for everything under the sun.

A time to obey your parents and a time to honor them.

You necessarily do not have to obey them during honoring.

4 Likes

Re: Should You Obey Ignorant Parents?? by Authoreety: 9:11pm On May 08, 2020
Just give the impression that u are on same page with them.. But try to do the right thing that they won't be ashamed of

3 Likes

Re: Should You Obey Ignorant Parents?? by Offpoint: 9:12pm On May 08, 2020
If they are ignorance, it's your duty to enlighten them.. It's not disobedience.

Got uncle who snuffed, till I left his place I've never gone to get him snuff. He got tired of beating and gave up.

There should be lines

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should You Obey Ignorant Parents?? by fastseo: 9:12pm On May 08, 2020
In the LORD not outside the Lord

Children, obey your parents in the Lord: for this is right.

8 Likes

Re: Should You Obey Ignorant Parents?? by directonpc(m): 9:13pm On May 08, 2020
Nope! But disobey in a kind way. Don't be like those Nairalanders that derail Christianity and Islam threads because they feel religious people are ignorant.

10 Likes

Re: Should You Obey Ignorant Parents?? by PrimadonnaO(f): 9:13pm On May 08, 2020
There’s a way to go about these things. God is Wise.
Yes, it is true that we’ll be more knowledgeable than our parents in certain areas, but we won’t in entirety be wiser than our parents so much so that they should be outrightly disobeyed.

Wisdom is profitable to direct. If you find that your parents are asking you to do something that’s not the best, and you know better, calmly explain things to them. If you’re not succeeding, involve someone else who they respect, to make them see reasons. This is especially when you’re still under their roof.

You can’t just go about saying your parents are ignorant and should be obeyed only if they are wise. That statement in itself shows that you are not even wise.

22 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Family Sacks Mother Of Eight-year-old Rape Victim For Seeking Justice / My Father Is Destroying My Brother And My Family!!! / A closed mouth may soon turn to a dead body.Please your help is needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.