Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,899 members, 7,834,984 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 11:45 PM

Photo: Seun Kuti Mocks The Redeemed Christian Church Of God - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Photo: Seun Kuti Mocks The Redeemed Christian Church Of God (58319 Views)

"Stop Giving Offerings In Redeemed Churches If....." - Pastor Adeboye / 'We Don’t Dabble In Politics': Redeemed Christian Church / Pastor Adeboye: Don't Marry Outside The Redeemed Christian Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photo: Seun Kuti Mocks The Redeemed Christian Church Of God by Chibokgame: 2:37pm On Dec 12, 2014
For the place turning to s car park does not mean the church is dead.

O rather the Church has moved to her permanent site cos it is a growing Church and the said plot was just a rented space.

The man called Seun should go chec k it out or better get a life.

But I should say "It is well with you"

1 Like

Re: Photo: Seun Kuti Mocks The Redeemed Christian Church Of God by tuagbo: 2:37pm On Dec 12, 2014
redsun:

Fela is more recognised outside than in dark Africa. He is a genre that is being studied in music universities here by oyinbos. Africans are still in the dark as usual to recognise his ingenuities.
Thesame with Seun.He always fills venues all over Europe and the Americas whenever he tours and his music sells more and is always being discussed by scholars and serious music critics in Western countries.

1 Like

Re: Photo: Seun Kuti Mocks The Redeemed Christian Church Of God by dumodust(m): 2:38pm On Dec 12, 2014
To all of you saying he mocked God blah blah... he's saying an obvious truth. Churches are not doing the right thing by terrorising neighbourhoods with mega sound systems that are meant for rallies and stadia. Their principle is that if you don't join them, you perish from the noise in your house while trying to rest after a hard days job, which is totally wrong. If you try to get them to reduce the noise, you're the devil. Is God deaf? A God that knows your heart doesn't need such noise. Most of the people that attend these churches come from quiet areas to terrorise, I'm speaking from personal experience. In this particular case, they singled out seun's family, judged them publicly and proceeded to torment them and you tell me this is not bullying.
They target poor vulnerable neighbourhoods... the rccg in lekki area will be sealed up with ac and no sounds leaking out for sure or they will be sued. I wonder why Nigerians become paralysed and lose all sense of reasoning when religion is mentioned.
please... go and live beside such a church or mosque self and if you are not swearing by the first week, you're dead inside

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photo: Seun Kuti Mocks The Redeemed Christian Church Of God by maafen: 2:38pm On Dec 12, 2014
kunlesehan:
Why mock God?
another atheistic Seun.
anyways, his life, his kalakuta, his wahala.
lol

Where in that write up did he mock God
Show me
The General Overseer's wife and the Pastor are they God?
No do make I insult you ooo.

8 Likes

Re: Photo: Seun Kuti Mocks The Redeemed Christian Church Of God by akoaki(m): 2:39pm On Dec 12, 2014
While am neither agreeing or disagreeing with seun on this issue, it is my candid opinion that religious worshippers in this country should be more civil and decorous in their practices and utterances. In particular, God is not interested in our loud unholy noises. He sees the human heart and relate with you according to His judgement. Personally , I will advise that more nigerians should start discussing the grave dangers of noise to our health to safe people from stress, hypentension, partial deafness and allied ailments.

2 Likes

Re: Photo: Seun Kuti Mocks The Redeemed Christian Church Of God by redsun(m): 2:39pm On Dec 12, 2014
tuagbo:
Only a foolish God says there are no other Gods-"Logicboy01"

There is no god without a goddess. Therefore,god has a Mrs and nobody is talking about that.

2 Likes

Re: Photo: Seun Kuti Mocks The Redeemed Christian Church Of God by tonybosses: 2:39pm On Dec 12, 2014
anonimi:

Is he mocking God?
How does pointing out the WRONG behaviour and disturbingly intrusive noise making of a CHURCH equate to mocking God

Hope you do not mind educating those of us who do not know this your logic?

You should understand that where ssuch tinz re mentioned eg RCCGM, 2 tinz cum to play

1) The integrity of d word of God is put to test

2) The intergrity of adeboye too
Re: Photo: Seun Kuti Mocks The Redeemed Christian Church Of God by tuagbo: 2:40pm On Dec 12, 2014
felifeli:
Igbo na bad ting grin grin grin grin grin grin
When smoked sparringly,"igbo" gives a lot of inspiration to its smokers.Many of the songs you listen to and books you read,were created with the influence of "igbo."
Re: Photo: Seun Kuti Mocks The Redeemed Christian Church Of God by brownlolly(m): 2:41pm On Dec 12, 2014
chowlade:
your father Smoked and get ruined you too u r following his path...you dont even have d kalakuta republic of ur own & excel pass you father's accomplishment....u r doomed because have seen u smokin weed before and no weed smoker likes church

Ur an idjit!

2 Likes

Re: Photo: Seun Kuti Mocks The Redeemed Christian Church Of God by MAURI: 2:43pm On Dec 12, 2014
Is he mocking God?
How does pointing out the WRONG behaviour and disturbingly intrusive noise making of a CHURCH equate to mocking God

Hope you do not mind educating those of us who do not know this your logic?

Nigerian religious bigots and logic? hmmm... that will be the start of the betterness of Nigeria!

1 Like

Re: Photo: Seun Kuti Mocks The Redeemed Christian Church Of God by brownlolly(m): 2:43pm On Dec 12, 2014
I can't judge Seun Kuti, and nobody here has the right to. Not even the pastors who tried to judge Fela. After all, one of their prominent members is also in court for allegedly stealing funds running into billions. You guys should just fold your arms and watch things as they play out.

1 Like

Re: Photo: Seun Kuti Mocks The Redeemed Christian Church Of God by denitro(m): 2:44pm On Dec 12, 2014
Redeemed church missed the mark here.
We Christians know that God will never force anyone to heaven.
The act of compulsion will do the one being forced no good, instead they dreaded 6am as everyday
began, and in place of hailing it, dislike it. then compulsion engendered a spirit of rebellion (as in
the case of Seun Kuti), rather than a love for the very principles we Christians enjoy.

1 Like

Re: Photo: Seun Kuti Mocks The Redeemed Christian Church Of God by demsid(m): 2:45pm On Dec 12, 2014
freshness2020:
His downfall just got closer!
..go check the latter end of those that mocked God!
chineke. so u mean redeem general overseer is now your God. or how did he mock God. na d overseer name I hear for there.
Re: Photo: Seun Kuti Mocks The Redeemed Christian Church Of God by anonimi: 2:45pm On Dec 12, 2014
tonybosses:

You should understand that where ssuch tinz re mentioned eg RCCGM, 2 tinz cum to play

1) The integrity of d word of God is put to test

2) The intergrity of adeboye too

Again, is Adeboye same as God shocked

How do you know that ONLY the Redeemed Church has the SOLE right to the "word of God"?

Do other denominations, muslims, Ifa adherents, Buddhists, Hindus and others who worship God through a perspective that is different from RCCG's not also have the "word of God"

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Photo: Seun Kuti Mocks The Redeemed Christian Church Of God by redsun(m): 2:46pm On Dec 12, 2014
tuagbo:
Thesame with Seun.He always fills venues all over Europe and the Americas whenever he tours and his music sells more and is always being discussed by scholars and serious music critics in Western countries.

That family is about one of the best things that Africa can present to the world as original,masterful and noble. One of the best thing out of africa sane people can be proud of.

4 Likes

Re: Photo: Seun Kuti Mocks The Redeemed Christian Church Of God by anonimi: 2:46pm On Dec 12, 2014
MAURI:

Nigerian religious bigots and logic? hmmm... that will be the start of the betterness of Nigeria!

That is what I am hoping to achieve in my own tiny, little way here wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Photo: Seun Kuti Mocks The Redeemed Christian Church Of God by mistabiola: 2:46pm On Dec 12, 2014
freshness2020:
His downfall just got closer!
..go check the latter end of those that mocked God!

So Redeem Pastor is your own GOD cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Photo: Seun Kuti Mocks The Redeemed Christian Church Of God by tuagbo: 2:51pm On Dec 12, 2014
kingthreat:

Femi is more like Fela. The song "Many Things" by Seun Kuti is known by only you and less than 50,000 people in the world.
I have followed Seuns' career for many years and I can say without a shred of doubt that Seun Kuti is more famous outside Nigeria than he is within the country.The young man regularly gets interviewed by major music publications and news networks worldwide and packs venues abroad when he is on tour.Do you know the Nigerian musician called "Nneka?"She is also big outside Nigeria but virtually unknown in Nigeria.Widen your scope man.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photo: Seun Kuti Mocks The Redeemed Christian Church Of God by spacyzuma(m): 2:51pm On Dec 12, 2014
balash:
Lol well to be frank is this the way to ask an unbeliever to embrace jesus and quit evil ways? U want to convert a son and u telling him to his face that his father is going to hell?? How are u sure u going to heaven yourself regardless of the fact that u a pastor?

Talk warmly with an unbeliever and they would be pleased to embrace a new faith, but act like an and your formal church would be a car park for them. Jesus never talked rudely to an unbeliever to embrace the lord.

You can't. publicly insult someone father publicly and u expect him to love u, no matter what the case may be, be warm in your speech when preaching and u will touch lives, am a muslim and I can't deny some alfa don't also preach in a vulgar way or thereabout. Religgion is something sacred, its not because u know bible or quran then u have to bring out P.A system and disturbb my peace, first learn how to speak respectably and warm then I will be pleased to listen..

Boss, your head is there. +1000

2 Likes

Re: Photo: Seun Kuti Mocks The Redeemed Christian Church Of God by hayoakins(m): 2:52pm On Dec 12, 2014
behold the beginning of the end of Kalakuta
Re: Photo: Seun Kuti Mocks The Redeemed Christian Church Of God by silica(m): 2:52pm On Dec 12, 2014
i want to hold a different view from many commentators here.
- A church is not synonymous with God;
- A pastor is not synonymous with God;
the tweet is in no way intended to mock God but is focused on the Pastor who arrogated to himself the power to decide who goes to heaven or hell. Throughout the teaching of Christ, he never condemned anybody to hell, rather he taught about the Kingdom of God (Heaven).
Attempting to scare people into your belief with threat of hell has never worked.What people recognise is love and love can move even the hardest heart. unfortunately, most of our churches lack Love. God does not recognise prayers shouted from the mountain top or with the loudest PA system, but he hears the solemn prayers from deep within our hearts.
Religious practice in Nigeria has elevated pastors to the position of God, when in the real sense, we are all equal in the sight of God. His grace is sufficient for all....Do have a great weekend, my brothers.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photo: Seun Kuti Mocks The Redeemed Christian Church Of God by illicit(m): 2:53pm On Dec 12, 2014
hazyfm:
Pls who is Seun Kuti?
ur father

3 Likes

Re: Photo: Seun Kuti Mocks The Redeemed Christian Church Of God by dre11(m): 2:53pm On Dec 12, 2014
kunlesehan:
Why mock God?
another atheistic Seun.
anyways, his life, his kalakuta, his wahala.
lol

He never did mock God......
But there are some things you just leave because of the sensitivity and how we around here will interpret it to be.......

For crying out loud.. ..... He is a public figure

1 Like

Re: Photo: Seun Kuti Mocks The Redeemed Christian Church Of God by iWitnessng: 2:54pm On Dec 12, 2014
Hmmm

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Photo: Seun Kuti Mocks The Redeemed Christian Church Of God by otokx(m): 2:54pm On Dec 12, 2014
Do not see any mockery in what he said.

1 Like

Re: Photo: Seun Kuti Mocks The Redeemed Christian Church Of God by drjay1(m): 2:55pm On Dec 12, 2014
Seriously i think seun should know better, he is a public figure, shouldnt make such utterances.
Re: Photo: Seun Kuti Mocks The Redeemed Christian Church Of God by akatonero(m): 2:55pm On Dec 12, 2014
Church self una too doo

2 Likes

Re: Photo: Seun Kuti Mocks The Redeemed Christian Church Of God by asala1: 2:56pm On Dec 12, 2014
Nigerians and hypocrisy. See dem they fight for God as they wallop is extreme poverty. The noise making arena is now a car park for kalakuta and there is nothing you people can do about it. Lazy heads.

5 Likes

Re: Photo: Seun Kuti Mocks The Redeemed Christian Church Of God by demsid(m): 2:56pm On Dec 12, 2014
dumodust:
To all of you saying he mocked God blah blah... he's saying an obvious truth. Churches are not doing the right thing by terrorising neighbourhoods with mega sound systems that are meant for rallies and stadia. Their principle is that if you don't join them, you perish from the noise in your house while trying to rest after a hard days job, which is totally wrong. If you try to get them to reduce the noise, you're the devil. Is God deaf? A God that knows your heart doesn't need such noise. Most of the people that attend these churches come from quiet areas to terrorise, I'm speaking from personal experience. In this particular case, they singled out seun's family, judged them publicly and proceeded to torment them and you tell me this is not bullying.
They target poor vulnerable neighbourhoods... the rccg in lekki area will be sealed up with ac and no sounds leaking out for sure or they will be sued. I wonder why Nigerians become paralysed and lose all sense of reasoning when religion is mentioned.
please... go and live beside such a church or mosque self and if you are not swearing by the first week, you're dead inside
now this is sensible. u av talked wisely.

2 Likes

Re: Photo: Seun Kuti Mocks The Redeemed Christian Church Of God by tuagbo: 2:56pm On Dec 12, 2014
hayoakins:
behold the beginning of the end of Kalakuta
With all the raids by the military on kalakuta republic in the 70s,80s and 90s,it didn't end.You now really believe it will end because of what Seun posted about some crooked "pastorpreneurs"?You are not serious.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photo: Seun Kuti Mocks The Redeemed Christian Church Of God by Bantino(m): 2:56pm On Dec 12, 2014
ClintonNzedimma:
Who is Seun Kuti?
I schooled on Mars.
-
-
-
-
Meanwhile....contact me for a cheap, affordable and proffessionally website for your business.
Whatsapp 08093801333

Bros so u dey use Whatsapp in Mars; creating website for people on earth?

I will report you to the Mars elders grin
Re: Photo: Seun Kuti Mocks The Redeemed Christian Church Of God by kingthreat(m): 2:57pm On Dec 12, 2014
tuagbo:
I have followed Seuns' career for many years and I can say without a shred of doubt that Seun Kuti is more famous outside Nigeria than he is within the country.The young man regularly gets interviewed by major music publications and news networks worldwide and packs venues abroad when he is on tour.Do you know the Nigerian musician called "Nneka?"She is also big outside Nigeria but virtually unknown in Nigeria.Widen you scope man.

I won't listen to weird music in the name of widening my scope.
Singing "Bang bang bang, I just dey go ooo"

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Pator Adeboye: Pray Against Flood And Fire Incidents, A Big One Is Coming / Pastor Sharp Sharp: I Suck Women’s Breasts To Deliver Them From Evil Spirit / ATM Mobile Sets Spotted In Church (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.