Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,919 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:03 AM

Changing Standards Because Of A Man - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Changing Standards Because Of A Man (1328 Views)

When A Girl Keeps Changing Boyfriends Like Clothes / Men And Their Double Standards. / Why Do Guys Settle For Girls Below Their Standards (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Changing Standards Because Of A Man by divalindiway(f): 4:51pm On Dec 12, 2014
I have come to realise that men of these days would prefer sex over anyoda thing in a relationship. I have been out of a 'sex-free' relationship for the past 1year. I later met a guy who was so 'spirit filled'. He quotes bible, doesn't joke wit church activities, talks abt morals u know...d 'God fearing type'.
I started falling for him cos of these things. I am dis kind of person dat believes in sex after marriage.
One day, we were discussing boundaries and he insisted on Sex. I was shocked cos few days ago we talked abt som1 who he was supposed to b best man in wedding. d bride was already pregnant and he (my guy) was venting on hw wrong it was but there he was again....justifying pre marital sex even wit his churchy attitude.
I started wondering if one has to change her standards just to get a man in dis present time.
A colleague of mine gisted me about how she met her fiance in a party and how she slept in his house for good 1week right after dat party...2yrs down d line dey r engaged. So I want to know...is dis d reigning thing? Are there still men out dere who are willing to FAITHFULLY wait?
Re: Changing Standards Because Of A Man by Abbey2sam(m): 5:04pm On Dec 12, 2014
Let him into your honey well ....If he enjoys it, he will be yours forever

even though he might still cheat
Re: Changing Standards Because Of A Man by AJ01(m): 5:09pm On Dec 12, 2014
Ok
Re: Changing Standards Because Of A Man by Maamin(m): 5:10pm On Dec 12, 2014
The guy wants to taste the commodity he wants to buy before paying for it you know.

But anyways! I think sex,marriage,virginity are all overrated.

1 Like

Re: Changing Standards Because Of A Man by Nobody: 5:19pm On Dec 12, 2014
Another virgin sister
Re: Changing Standards Because Of A Man by KMTee(f): 5:25pm On Dec 12, 2014
i tire for sex matter embarassed
Re: Changing Standards Because Of A Man by Ploy(m): 5:25pm On Dec 12, 2014
Se.x is good especially before marriage. Premarital se.x sweet enhen, you know it's like stealing.

You remember your childhood when you eat your breakfast before break while lesson is going on?

1 Like

Re: Changing Standards Because Of A Man by Nobody: 5:51pm On Dec 12, 2014
if u know wat u believe stand for it,guys can do coverup by being spiritual @ first to get wat they want ooo,dat it worked out for ur friend is nt a guarantee for u.....because everybody does it it does'nt make it RIGHT....b wise
Re: Changing Standards Because Of A Man by Nobody: 6:02pm On Dec 12, 2014
Tbh,pre-marital sex is very wrong,so if there is a guy who is ready to wait,encourage him by waiting also.
But if pre-marital sex is not your style,dont fake it because your guy is against it....life is too short to be unhappy.
Re: Changing Standards Because Of A Man by holatin(m): 6:07pm On Dec 12, 2014
if guy stop asking for sex, d gurls too should stop asking for money.

1 Like

Re: Changing Standards Because Of A Man by holatin(m): 6:10pm On Dec 12, 2014
kristina1:
Tbh,pre-marital sex is very wrong,so if there is a guy who is ready to wait,encourage him by waiting also.
But if pre-marital sex is not your style,dont fake it because your guy is against it....life is too short to be unhappy.
I hug you spiritually for this post. nice one

oya take this saliva dripping kiss muahhhhhhhhhh muuuuuuuaaaah. don't mind d saliva

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Changing Standards Because Of A Man by jmoore(m): 6:10pm On Dec 12, 2014
If you believe in something, you stick to it.

A 'sister' was dating a man, she insisted on no sex until marriage. After the introduction, she foolishly compromised thinking 'We are getting married soon na, so make I give am, e don disturb me too much for it'.

After she had sex with him, the man disappeared.

This ain't fiction, true story.

Your standards define your personality. Your standards are meant to protect you. "If you don't stand for something you will fall for anything".

divalindiway:
Are there still men out there who are willing to FAITHFULLY wait?
Yes, they exist.

2 Likes

Re: Changing Standards Because Of A Man by pearlzy92(f): 6:13pm On Dec 12, 2014
divalindiway:
I have come to realise that men of these days would prefer sex over anyoda thing in a relationship. I have been out of a 'sex-free' relationship for the past 1year. I later met a guy who was so 'spirit filled'. He quotes bible, doesn't joke wit church activities, talks abt morals u know...d 'God fearing type'.
I started falling for him cos of these things. I am dis kind of person dat believes in sex after marriage.
One day, we were discussing boundaries and he insisted on Sex. I was shocked cos few days ago we talked abt som1 who he was supposed to b best man in wedding. d bride was already pregnant and he (my guy) was venting on hw wrong it was but there he was again....justifying pre marital sex even wit his churchy attitude.
I started wondering if one has to change her standards just to get a man in dis present time.
A colleague of mine gisted me about how she met her fiance in a party and how she slept in his house for good 1week right after dat party...2yrs down d line dey r engaged. So I want to know...is dis d reigning thing? Are there still men out dere who are willing to FAITHFULLY wait?

My dear. Dnt lower ur standards. Jst chill. U will find d ryt guy. As funny as it sounds, there r still guys that can wait. Not eveybody is sex crazy in dis generation.

2 Likes

Re: Changing Standards Because Of A Man by Ochiban: 6:36pm On Dec 12, 2014
What kind of question is this? Do you want to obey God or do you want to please man? Are you a learner? If every man wants to have premarital sex....so what?? Will you turn your back on your faith on top of man? On top of marriage? Countless women have been destroyed for such. Do you not know that as Christians you will be persecuted for your faith and beliefs?

Yes, there are men of faith who will not compromise on sexual purity. I know a friend who broke up with his girl because she was pressuring him for sex. Do YOU have the faith to do similar?

Christian men make mistakes too. David sinned even though he was "spirit filled". The reason why God loved him is because he was humble enough to admit his sin before God. Your man obviously is not as favored. "Having a form of godliness but denying the power. From such people, avoid." 1 timothy 3 verse 5. Your boyfriend seems holy but is denying the truth of the gospel.

Just because his friends are doing it doesnt mean it is approved for marriage. Several marriages are suffering greatly because of the mistakes made before marriage. When God says dont do something, it is not for His benefit. It is obviously for yours, to protect you and keep you safe. God is not a fool. Sinning against God's word, regardless of the reason or excuse, will never end well. It may take 1 year, it may 20 years, but everyone reaps when they sow.

Sorry for the long sermon. When i was 19, my non-christian older friends and cousins told me how I would never find a guy that would not compromise. They showed me several examples of "sisters" and "brothers" who I looked up to that were sinning. I decided that if all men fall around me, I will stand alone with God. I also cut off from taking advice from such people and sought out godly friends. I took it like being persecuted and prepared for the possibility of never marrying. Well...I entered school and didnt get scoped. Girls had 2-3 suitors at any time and I had maybe 1 or 2 my whole 5 years in school. My family was worried. In my last semester, I reconnected with a christian friend. He scoped me and I told him immediately that if he asked for sex, it would mean the end of our relationship because I would break things off immediately. He later on told me that was why he decided to pursue marriage with me, because he felt I would not compromise on anything I believed in.

If you want to attract a queen ant and you pour sugar on the floor, the first thing you see are worker ants. You must wait. Then you see soldier ants. You must wait. Finally, the queen will arrive. Focus on making yourself the best Christian woman you can be. Perfect love, faith, kindness, goodness, faithfulness and patience within yourself. And obey God when he speaks to you. Your man will come. God is faithful. You must reap what you sow. If you sow good seed, you must reap it eventually.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Changing Standards Because Of A Man by jmoore(m): 7:31pm On Dec 12, 2014
^^^
nice one up there. @Ochiban
Re: Changing Standards Because Of A Man by Tonydeeb(m): 7:42pm On Dec 12, 2014
Is it not you ladies that will come and throw yr thrash about on NL saying you go one broda aous, he no bleep you, you guys are just too ambiguous sometimes...
A guy go wan prove himsef so U don't laugh @ his being too cool, dumb etc...and wen he does dat, you begin to ask questions like "are there still guys who count sex in relationship as unnecessary??"
SMH...
Anyway, back to topic..
Pls do not & I mean don't ever think of changing yr moral standards, beliefs etc for any f*cking body...do you know whether or not you guys are gonna get married?...
Though for the insistence, wud 've said maybe d guy in question is jes tryna test you...

1 Like

Re: Changing Standards Because Of A Man by ireneony(f): 7:54pm On Dec 12, 2014
what works for others might not work for u, i will advice u to be true to urself.
some churchy guys are green snake under the green grass. if u know what u want please stick to it.
Re: Changing Standards Because Of A Man by IamDejman(m): 9:54pm On Dec 12, 2014
divalindiway:
Never please anyone at your detriment, somethings cannot be compromised ...Good Men are out there. Have faith Sister

1 Like

Re: Changing Standards Because Of A Man by ednut1(m): 10:14pm On Dec 12, 2014
Hypocrite guy. He will prolly fuk u and latet tell u. Pastor or holy spirit reveal ur nt d one
Re: Changing Standards Because Of A Man by divalindiway(f): 11:30pm On Dec 12, 2014
Am so glad at d responses am getting here. Ochiban n jmoore thanks for ur instances.
I actually did feel old fashion cos most of my friends are married and it felt like i am not going wit d flow. but wit d good comments here,am geared up
Re: Changing Standards Because Of A Man by itstpia8: 11:34pm On Dec 12, 2014
i think a guy who wants to marry you will do so with or without sex.

but if you feel you have to compromise, then you also cant hold him with sex either.

1 Like

Re: Changing Standards Because Of A Man by ndubueze92(m): 11:22am On Aug 13, 2017
divalindiway:
Never change your standards for frivolous reasons.... Meanwhile Happy birthday!!! Enjoy your new age.... you're a diamond.
Re: Changing Standards Because Of A Man by patosky3310(m): 12:00pm On Aug 13, 2017
I believe in waiting before marriage. It is something I am practising even at age 29. Can you imagine going through the university without sex. Six years after graduation, still a virgin. That is what I call GRACE.
Re: Changing Standards Because Of A Man by Nobody: 12:14pm On Aug 13, 2019
divalindiway:

Did you later compromise? Are you married? Please share how everything turned.

(1) (Reply)

What Would You Do If You Were In His Shoes?? / See what I Caught My Friend doing. . / Picture: What Kind Of Love Is This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.