Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,996 members, 7,825,080 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 06:06 AM

7 Types Of People You Will Likely Meet In A Foreign University. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 7 Types Of People You Will Likely Meet In A Foreign University. (2527 Views)

7 Types Of People You Meet In An Exam Hall / 10 Types Of Students You Will Meet In Hostels / 7 Types Of People You Meet In The Bank. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Types Of People You Will Likely Meet In A Foreign University. by Nobody: 10:53pm On Dec 12, 2014
Based on personal experience, I wish to combine this list of people you will probably meet in a foreign university, like U.S, Canada, U.K. .. Let’s get the ball rolling. Feel free to add yours shaa cheesy This is meant to be fun, please do not get all serious on me. grin

1. The Patriots.
This set of people can do anything and will always do anything to defend their home-country from outside attacks/jabs. They are just so patriotic. I will take myself for an example, I took a course this past semester called “Global Issues” – where you discuss happenings in the world, the problems, how to tackle them etc. WHO had declared Nigeria Ebola free when my professor still wouldn’t stop including Nigeria as part of the countries suffering from the outbreak, I’d walk up to his slides, go to BBC and show him, he’d see it and apologize.

2. The Nationalists.
This set of people’s dressing will always tell you where they’re from even without them telling you. Like some people’s dressing – white T-shirt, green sweatpants, white shoes, green snapback, white backpack, you already know they’re from Nigeria.

3. The Attention-Seekers.
This set of people will do anything – I mean anything to seek attention especially from the opposite sex, you will see them asking incoherent/irrelevant questions not related a bit to the topic being discussed in class. Just for them to get noticed.

Questions like, “If I throw a triangle out of a car and the car is going 20 mph and wind resistance is a thing that exists, how many cupcakes can Pedro buy with one human soul?”

4. The Accent-Fakers.
This set of people have only been in Canada/America/UK for a month, but you will see them faking accents, which makes it more difficult for the Natives to understand them, be in class, mall or church, they have no idea how stupid they sound when doing this.

5. The Accent-Fighter.
This set of people, especially Indians, will ‘forever’ have problem with their accent, vocal cords not changing. When people have spent so many years and their accent is already blending/changing to the country’s, their own never change – Akure, Ekiti, and Calabar etc are not excluded.

6. The Geeks/Nerds.
This people will not utter a single word in class, you will see them with glasses glued to their eyes they have no social life. They spend almost 15hrs of their 24hrs studying. …and you wonder why they whine when the result comes out and they have 90.

7. The Flamboyant People.
This set of people always will dress in a deliberately way to impress other people, in a -20 degrees weather you’ll see them wearing Calvin Clein, Jordans, snapbacks when other people are dressing in layers, wearing winter jacket, snowpants, snowboots etc. After being outside for a minute, you see them shivering from their head to toe. Some even land in hospital, all in the name of impressing. Aunty, Uncle, dress to survive not to impress.

4 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 7 Types Of People You Will Likely Meet In A Foreign University. by Nobody: 10:55pm On Dec 12, 2014
wink
Re: 7 Types Of People You Will Likely Meet In A Foreign University. by braintext(m): 11:00pm On Dec 12, 2014
France all the way
Re: 7 Types Of People You Will Likely Meet In A Foreign University. by Nobody: 11:03pm On Dec 12, 2014
grayht:
wink
meaning
Re: 7 Types Of People You Will Likely Meet In A Foreign University. by Nobody: 11:09pm On Dec 12, 2014
Haha
Re: 7 Types Of People You Will Likely Meet In A Foreign University. by Nobody: 11:28pm On Dec 12, 2014
At number 6,I know of a chinco guy...that neither talk or associate
Re: 7 Types Of People You Will Likely Meet In A Foreign University. by Nobody: 11:28pm On Dec 12, 2014
afolag:

meaning
Re: 7 Types Of People You Will Likely Meet In A Foreign University. by Jnrbayerno(m): 11:31pm On Dec 12, 2014
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: 7 Types Of People You Will Likely Meet In A Foreign University. by motherlode: 11:52pm On Dec 12, 2014
cheesy that is why i love my country Nigeria. grin
Re: 7 Types Of People You Will Likely Meet In A Foreign University. by johnwizey: 11:57pm On Dec 12, 2014
Ok
Re: 7 Types Of People You Will Likely Meet In A Foreign University. by Nobody: 12:19am On Dec 13, 2014
I used to do # 2 and 3 grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 7 Types Of People You Will Likely Meet In A Foreign University. by AfricanApple(f): 12:29am On Dec 13, 2014
undecided undecided undecided undecided

nice one

1 Like

Re: 7 Types Of People You Will Likely Meet In A Foreign University. by Nobody: 12:39am On Dec 13, 2014
CFCfan:
I used to do # 2 and 3 grin

Hahaha cheesy
Na you oo
Re: 7 Types Of People You Will Likely Meet In A Foreign University. by Fash20: 1:33am On Dec 13, 2014
Fash20 is typing a message ...
Re: 7 Types Of People You Will Likely Meet In A Foreign University. by Fash20: 1:39am On Dec 13, 2014
AfricanApple:
undecided undecided undecided undecided

nice one
which 1 be AfricanApple again
Re: 7 Types Of People You Will Likely Meet In A Foreign University. by AfricanApple(f): 1:53am On Dec 13, 2014
Fash20:
which 1 be AfricanApple again
grin grin are you a newbie
u never hear cowleg?
madcow?
freshtomato?
annypie?
cococandy
chillisauce
etc etc
Re: 7 Types Of People You Will Likely Meet In A Foreign University. by Fash20: 2:01am On Dec 13, 2014
AfricanApple:
grin grin are you a newbie
u never hear cowleg?
madcow?
freshtomato?
annypie?
etc etc
omo no tear my belle with laugh abeg... Cowleg,madcow hahahahhahahha!!!. Nice profile pics.
Re: 7 Types Of People You Will Likely Meet In A Foreign University. by charleff512(m): 2:17am On Dec 13, 2014
Another types of ..... thread.
Good observations OP!
Re: 7 Types Of People You Will Likely Meet In A Foreign University. by AfricanApple(f): 2:22am On Dec 13, 2014
Fash20:
omo no tear my belle with laugh abeg... Cowleg,madcow hahahahhahahha!!!. Nice profile pics.
lolzz grin grin funny names boku for here jare

Lol, thanks smiley smiley
Re: 7 Types Of People You Will Likely Meet In A Foreign University. by Doortun(m): 2:51am On Dec 13, 2014
8 ) The Gym Freaks...Who feel insecure of their body and want to kill themselves in gym so as to attract ladies. This is common among non-blacks grin. because black dudes snack on their girls effortlessly.

9) Struggling JJC... They just came fresh off the boat and confused about everything in the western world. These set of people usually have problem with escalator, elevator, crossing of road and railway system. It is easy to identify this type because they have starring problem and they look everything with amused face.

Using remote sensing technique, I sense AfricanApple wink has a thing for Amefrica. I lie?

1 Like

Re: 7 Types Of People You Will Likely Meet In A Foreign University. by Nobody: 2:59am On Dec 13, 2014
Doortun:
8 ) The Gym Freaks...Who feel insecure of their body and want to kill themselves in gym so as to attract ladies. This is common among non-blacks grin. because black dudes snack on their girls effortlessly.

9) Struggling JJC... They just came fresh off the boat and confused about everything in the western world. These set of people usually have problem with escalator, elevator, crossing of road and railway system. It is easy to identify this type because they have starring problem and they look everything with amused face.

Using remote sensing technique, I sense AfricanApple wink has a thing for Amefrica. I lie?

That number 9 tho. So true! grin grin grin

I don't know about your last statement tho. cheesy cheesy
Re: 7 Types Of People You Will Likely Meet In A Foreign University. by itstpia8: 4:04am On Dec 13, 2014
Amefrica:

3. The Attention-Seekers.
This set of people will do anything – I mean anything to seek attention especially from the opposite sex, you will see them asking incoherent/irrelevant questions not related a bit to the topic being discussed in class. Just for them to get noticed.

Questions like, “If I throw a triangle out of a car and the car is going 20 mph and wind resistance is a thing that exists, how many cupcakes can Pedro buy with one human soul?”

which group do you fall in?
Re: 7 Types Of People You Will Likely Meet In A Foreign University. by benuejosh: 5:27am On Dec 13, 2014
the number 2 was just me
Re: 7 Types Of People You Will Likely Meet In A Foreign University. by StrongPen1s: 6:39am On Dec 13, 2014
I used to do number 1 and number 2 and 3,4,5,6,7,8 and 9 when I travelled out to Yankee to school in Liberia but I have stopped.

1 Like

Re: 7 Types Of People You Will Likely Meet In A Foreign University. by dridowu: 7:12am On Dec 13, 2014
Seeing is believing, until i school in foreign University before i believe
Re: 7 Types Of People You Will Likely Meet In A Foreign University. by Kennethco(m): 7:29am On Dec 13, 2014
U 4got to add those with there camera snapping everywhere...
Re: 7 Types Of People You Will Likely Meet In A Foreign University. by Milly02(m): 8:03am On Dec 13, 2014
Re: 7 Types Of People You Will Likely Meet In A Foreign University. by Holywizard: 8:12am On Dec 13, 2014
Dear God my father...when will I ever leave Nigeria for western country? Pls bless my family with riches...amen!

1 Like

Re: 7 Types Of People You Will Likely Meet In A Foreign University. by adrainuche(m): 8:37am On Dec 13, 2014
The Punny Testers -: These are the ones who want to taste all the Different varieties of Punnies of Diffrent race..

The Club Addicts -: These are the ones who will go to club on Sunday nights and they will have classes on Monday mornings..

The Drug Addicts -: These are the ones who waste their life smoking and taking hard drugs on campuses...

2 Likes

Re: 7 Types Of People You Will Likely Meet In A Foreign University. by Nobody: 9:10am On Dec 13, 2014
Thank God i didn't school in France. cool

1 Like

Re: 7 Types Of People You Will Likely Meet In A Foreign University. by goldfish80(m): 9:52am On Dec 13, 2014
Kennethco:
U 4got to add those with there camera snapping everywhere...
grin grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Graduate First Class From Any University / 14-year-old Muslim Genius Becomes British University’s Youngest Lectural- photo / Pls Do Anyone Have Info About Federal Polytechnic Oko Post Ume Exam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.