Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,897 members, 7,817,643 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:15 PM

Temptations Vs Our Sight - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Temptations Vs Our Sight (16667 Views)

The Difference Between Trials And Temptations / Intimate Temptations, Christians How Do You Cope? / Situations And Circumstances VS Our Relationship With God. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Temptations Vs Our Sight by justi4jesu(f): 12:51pm On Dec 14, 2014
femi4:
Haba! this is to one, we don close now

LWKMD. Okay i don hear cheesy cheesy
Re: Temptations Vs Our Sight by garcon: 12:52pm On Dec 14, 2014
fairlyisabel:
i hear!! Women lust, that i know but men lust more. How many times have you heard or seen women trying so hard to subdue the physcial attraction of the opposite sex? Abegi leave matter...women control men especially with their physiques.....imagine how you guys are battling on how to quench your sense of lust even in the public forum....shuo!

And who invited you to partake in the quenching of lust if it doesn't please you. take a bow. moreover why are you sounding like this? are you one of those that dress indecently?
Re: Temptations Vs Our Sight by shakrullah(m): 12:53pm On Dec 14, 2014
DrJoe1:
the more i study religions the more am convinced that man is a prisoner of his own mind.
u are just suffering from ignorance. I know u would still hold unto your opinion no matter what you are told so we live u to save yourself from the ocean of ignorance and darkness.
Re: Temptations Vs Our Sight by Eyop: 12:53pm On Dec 14, 2014
Ishilove:

grin grin grin

Ishilove oya lets re-negotiate biko undecided
Re: Temptations Vs Our Sight by Ishilove: 12:55pm On Dec 14, 2014
Eyop:

Ishilove oya lets re-negotiate biko undecided
How's that pipeline coming along? embarassed
Re: Temptations Vs Our Sight by Nobody: 12:56pm On Dec 14, 2014
chibwike:
True true true..if God had not created women...there wont be much sins in this world
Den there wud be homosexuals
Re: Temptations Vs Our Sight by Eyop: 12:57pm On Dec 14, 2014
Ishilove:

How's that pipeline coming along? embarassed

Have called the agent some minutes ago and he has promised to act fast. He has to speed up the process now that i know "hips don't lie" cheesy
Re: Temptations Vs Our Sight by shakrullah(m): 12:58pm On Dec 14, 2014
chibwike:
True true true..if God had not created women...there wont be much sins in this world
and if God had not created women we wouldn't be here
Re: Temptations Vs Our Sight by Dagah2: 12:59pm On Dec 14, 2014
yea....it sure helps.
Once you can resist the sight,you can resist the temptation
Re: Temptations Vs Our Sight by Dagah2: 1:05pm On Dec 14, 2014
datbay:
Nice write up...GOD BLESS THE AUTHOR
And also the readers that learn from it
Re: Temptations Vs Our Sight by Nobody: 1:10pm On Dec 14, 2014
fairlyisabel: Lmao...imagine how guys are killing themselves on how to stop admiring women...i thought they were suppose to be superhumans. Strength dem no get, stop looking @ women lustfully dem no gree. Women rulling the world since the days of adam..hahahah
Nwachiizu:

The issue of lust touches both man and woman. It is not a gender issue it is a general problem that resulted from the fall in the garden of Eden. It may surprise you to know that women are equally in battle against lust as men are. The only solution can be found in total surrender to Christ and what he has done for us on the Cross. Other than this there is no other escape root for man. The believer that now feels he is standing and forgets to take heed of that fact will soon fall. We cannot stand alone. We must fully lean on Grace by Faith in Christ Jesus always.

Most women do this to attract the best of men whose pocket are heavily endowed in a bid to get a better life. "already made!" But the sad part of the story is that it is the common man on the street that suffers. "Money miss road!"
Re: Temptations Vs Our Sight by coache(m): 1:14pm On Dec 14, 2014
If the above method is too hard for you, here's a simpler method........
Just go and stay in the extreme part of the north where they cover-up their bodies properly and when a lady passes by, you just think its a ghost for example, Argungu in Kebbi state.
Re: Temptations Vs Our Sight by Nobody: 1:17pm On Dec 14, 2014
Good one
Re: Temptations Vs Our Sight by Wolexdey(m): 1:20pm On Dec 14, 2014
Very lovely write-up...Kudos @ Op.

Well said...
Re: Temptations Vs Our Sight by MNDY(m): 1:36pm On Dec 14, 2014
Acts of some Nigerian girls in majority of Naija music videos gets me wondering and asking in my mind: "no be pesin born dis one?"
------------------------
Shaking their azz with so much pride, nudity, bobby on almost full display, etc! In the nearest future, people will walk around unclothed!
------------------------
OP, your post is one of the few powerful piece I've perused in a very long while!

2 Likes

Re: Temptations Vs Our Sight by Satex(m): 1:45pm On Dec 14, 2014
@op.
This is encouraging. Actually, the sight of a beautiful lady easily leads to lust.
Re: Temptations Vs Our Sight by 1one: 1:47pm On Dec 14, 2014
Ishilove:
Beautiful article.

Some men can go to the extremes to control their eyes. I went to my lecturer's office one day. He was working on his computer when I came in. I'm a BBW, so what I wore that day must have scrambled his focus,because his reaction was immediately defensive.

I had barely taken a seat when he whipped out his sunshades and slammed them into his face. In the 45mins I sat in his office, he never once took off the shades and avoided looking at me directly.

Even though he looked very ridiculous, it is his way of practicing eye control. grin

Me, I simply block out nasty stuff and focus my mind on other things.

Ishiiiiiii... See what you're doing to us men ehn!! angry

You should be wearing Agbada!! .... All the time

Errm by the way...why do you have the need to block out stuff... The last time I checked you're not a les:bian, so why should you be blocking out nasty stuff.... The issue of lust of the eyes is majorly a challenge peculiar to the XYs of God's creation
Re: Temptations Vs Our Sight by Ishilove: 1:50pm On Dec 14, 2014
1one:

Ishiiiiiii... See what you're doing to us men ehn!! angry

You should be wearing Agbada!! .... All the time

Errm by the way...why do you have the need to block out stuff... The last time I checked you're not a les:bian, so why should you be blocking out nasty stuff.... The issue of lust of the eyes is majorly a challenge peculiar to the XYs of God's creation
1one, I block out stuff that can weaken me and make me susceptible to iranu.
Re: Temptations Vs Our Sight by jackoncall(m): 1:52pm On Dec 14, 2014
Mobi47:

Source:www.tldm.org/News23/Custody-Of-The-Eyes-What-It-Is-And-How-To-Practice-It.htm
The face is the icon of each person’s humanity, and it is far easier to respect a woman’s dignity when you’re looking at her face and not her body
Re: Temptations Vs Our Sight by Ishilove: 1:53pm On Dec 14, 2014
Eyop:

Have called the agent some minutes ago and he has promised to act fast. He has to speed up the process now that i know "hips don't lie" cheesy
grin
Re: Temptations Vs Our Sight by 1one: 1:54pm On Dec 14, 2014
Ishilove:

1one, I block out stuff that can weaken me and make me susceptible to iranu.

Like what?
Re: Temptations Vs Our Sight by Mobi47(m): 1:56pm On Dec 14, 2014
jackoncall:

The face is the icon of each person’s humanity, and it is far easier to respect a woman’s dignity when you’re looking at her face and not her body
I get u,
Re: Temptations Vs Our Sight by Ishilove: 1:56pm On Dec 14, 2014
1one:

Like what?
Inflammatory literature, music, profane conversation etc

1 Like

Re: Temptations Vs Our Sight by Bode2: 2:24pm On Dec 14, 2014
Ishilove:
Beautiful article.

Some men can go to the extremes to control their eyes. I went to my lecturer's office one day. He was working on his computer when I came in. I'm a BBW, so what I wore that day must have scrambled his focus,because his reaction was immediately defensive.

I had barely taken a seat when he whipped out his sunshades and slammed them into his face. In the 45mins I sat in his office, he never once took off the shades and avoided looking at me directly.

Even though he looked very ridiculous, it is his way of practicing eye control. grin

Me, I simply block out nasty stuff and focus my mind on other things.
you are a big black woman. I get that from indecency sites. Anyway, hope you are not feeling yourself or feeling proud that you got your lecturer destabilized?
Re: Temptations Vs Our Sight by Montaque(m): 2:29pm On Dec 14, 2014
Thanks to the OP. This was(and to an extent still)my bane. Troubled me back then in school. What I do now is to avoid looking at her face,look in another direction,think of another thing,or manufacture immediate hate for her so that her darts won't get me.
Men in this world are like fishes in the water,but thanks to those ordained to be fishers of men.

1 Like

Re: Temptations Vs Our Sight by Bode2: 2:49pm On Dec 14, 2014
sarutobie:
The last paragraph....I can relate to it, trying to resist temptation by your willpower, it almost always leads to a disappointing failure...
yea, you are utmost correct. The first step is that, we resolve not to sin just like Jesus statement to the woman 'go and sin no more' after our sincere determination, we go to the Lord's in prayer, humbling asking for his help and grace usually on daily basis. The grace of God can block and deny us away from some sin. The grace of God through the holy spirit teaches us to abide in Christ, to be steadfast and to carry our cross on daily basis. How can we abide in Christ, carry our cross or how can we be steadfast in Christ? Two things
1. Prayers
2. Word of God.
Spirit -driven Christians need to set their priority on these two

1 Like

Re: Temptations Vs Our Sight by bauer00: 3:27pm On Dec 14, 2014
50calibre:
You're trying to suppress nature, how possible is that? You might as well be fighting the urge to urinate.

While I'm blessed with the gift of sight, I'm going feast my eyes on beautiful things and beautiful women.. Not doing so would be tantamount to not living life.

If lusting after women is a sin, then that's a sin I'd gladly commit everyday.
congratulations bro cos u already own a VIP ticket to front sit in hell
Re: Temptations Vs Our Sight by bauer00: 3:30pm On Dec 14, 2014
50calibre:
You're trying to suppress nature, how possible is that? You might as well be fighting the urge to urinate.

While I'm blessed with the gift of sight, I'm going feast my eyes on beautiful things and beautiful women.. Not doing so would be tantamount to not living life.

If lusting after women is a sin, then that's a sin I'd gladly commit everyday.
congratulations bro cos u already own a VIP ticket to front sit in HELL
Re: Temptations Vs Our Sight by adventisty: 3:48pm On Dec 14, 2014
what the eyes don't see, the heart does not grieve about it!
Re: Temptations Vs Our Sight by Nobody: 3:51pm On Dec 14, 2014
following
Re: Temptations Vs Our Sight by fairlyisabel(f): 4:03pm On Dec 14, 2014
bauer00:

congratulations bro cos u already own a VIP ticket to front sit in HELL
lmao....ajo onu
Re: Temptations Vs Our Sight by knowledge4(m): 5:06pm On Dec 14, 2014
Great Post and really practical technique.
For those who are determined not to derail spiritually,the techniques above, backed by the power of the Holy Spirit are workable.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Sex Stories: Is It A Sin To Read Them? / Here Are Things The Holy Spirit Does: Biblical Backings / Does Spending The Last Night Of The Year In A Church Service Make Any Difference

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.