Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,464 members, 7,823,086 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:48 PM

Jesus Is A Prophet Of God And Not A God : Bible - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus Is A Prophet Of God And Not A God : Bible (16702 Views)

Pastor Adeboye: A Prophet Or An Imposter - Sahara Reporters / Seening A Prophet For A Wife Confirmation How True? / "I Serve A God Who Answers Prayers" - American Doctor Cured Of Ebola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jesus Is A Prophet Of God And Not A God : Bible by Abuzola(m): 4:57pm On Oct 23, 2009
Compiled by Abuzola

Quran 4;171.

O people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians)! Do not exceed the limits in your religion, nor say of Allah aught but the truth. The Messiah 'Iesa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary), was no more than a Messenger of Allah' and His Word, ("Be!" - and he was) which He bestowed on Maryam (Mary) and a spirit (Ruh) created by Him; so believe in Allah and His Messengers. Say not: "Three (trinity)!" Cease! (it is) better for you. For Allah is (the only) One Ilah (God), Glory be to Him (Far Exalted is He) above having a son. To Him belongs all that is in the heavens and all that is in the earth. And Allah is All-Sufficient as a Disposer of affairs.

Jesus a Prophet of God According to the Bible

Luke 7:16 Fear gripped them all, and they began glorifying God, saying, "A great prophet has arisen among us!" and, "God has visited His people!"

These were the verses that confused the later christianm confusing jesus as God

Luke 24:19 And He said to them, "What things?" And they said to Him, "The things about Jesus the Nazarene, who was a prophet mighty in deed and word in the sight of God and all the people,[/color]

This verse says it all

[color=#770077]Matthew 13:57 And they took offense at Him. But Jesus said to them, "A prophet is not without honor except in his hometown and in his own household."
[/color][color=#990000]

Matthew 21:11 And the crowds were saying, "This is the prophet Jesus, from Nazareth in Galilee."
John 4:44 For Jesus Himself testified that a prophet has no honor in his own country[/color][color=#990000].

John 7:40 Some of the people therefore, when they heard these words, were saying, "This certainly is the Prophet."

Quran 4

172. The Messiah will never be proud to reject to be a slave to Allah, nor the angels who are near (to Allah). And whosoever rejects His worship and is proud, then He will gather them all together unto Himself.

173. So, as for those who believed (in the Oneness of Allah - Islamic Monotheism) and did deeds of righteousness, He will give their (due) rewards, and more out of His Bounty. But as for those who refuse His worship and were proud, He will punish them with a painful torment . And they will not find for themselves besides Allah any protector or helper.

174. O mankind! Verily, there has come to you a convincing proof (Prophet Muhammad ) from your Lord, and We sent down to you a manifest light (this Qur'an).

175. So, as for those who believed in Allah and held fast to Him, He will admit them to His Mercy and Grace (i.e. Paradise), and guide them to Himself by a Straight Path.
Re: Jesus Is A Prophet Of God And Not A God : Bible by netgenus(m): 6:21pm On Oct 23, 2009
Jesus Christ is the Son of God who God sent into the world from heaven to save us from sin and it's consequences (sicknessess, satanic attack and from HELL FIRE). Have you been saved? Are you free from sin? What shall it profit you if you die an intelligent and argumentative fool? Jesus said "Except a man be born again he cannot see the kingdom of God" John3:3 Have you been born again? Nobody will after staying in hell for some time go to heaven(ALJANA) as you may hope. Repent now or you perish. Luke13:1-5
Re: Jesus Is A Prophet Of God And Not A God : Bible by Abuzola(m): 6:38pm On Oct 23, 2009
Do you agree he is a Prophet ?
Re: Jesus Is A Prophet Of God And Not A God : Bible by petres007(m): 7:20pm On Oct 23, 2009
Abuzola,

I see you're not interested in doing a proper study of the bible before jumping to baseless conclusions.
Re: Jesus Is A Prophet Of God And Not A God : Bible by Abuzola(m): 8:34pm On Oct 23, 2009
Am a bible scholar so i know what am saying. Thank God i saw the light
Re: Jesus Is A Prophet Of God And Not A God : Bible by Abuzola(m): 11:28am On Oct 24, 2009
Thank God am a muslim
Re: Jesus Is A Prophet Of God And Not A God : Bible by luvola(m): 11:45am On Oct 24, 2009
@ abu - xtians believe in jesus.so b it. i think it is hightime u stop these blamsphame,
Re: Jesus Is A Prophet Of God And Not A God : Bible by Abuzola(m): 12:03pm On Oct 24, 2009
Muslim too believe in jesus
Re: Jesus Is A Prophet Of God And Not A God : Bible by timmy7(m): 3:28pm On Oct 24, 2009
Am also a quran scholar grin grin
Re: Jesus Is A Prophet Of God And Not A God : Bible by Abuzola(m): 4:47pm On Oct 24, 2009
You are welcome timmy
Re: Jesus Is A Prophet Of God And Not A God : Bible by theseeker2: 9:44pm On Oct 24, 2009
sincerly i really pity christians. The kind of perplexing thoughts that must be going on in their heads
is jesus actually a prophet of God or son of God or God or all three at the same time?
They are willing to live with this confusion because they are so lazy. They want to continue to believe somone died for their sins.
Its shameful!
Re: Jesus Is A Prophet Of God And Not A God : Bible by Abuzola(m): 12:15am On Oct 25, 2009
I also pity them
Re: Jesus Is A Prophet Of God And Not A God : Bible by luvola(m): 12:48am On Oct 25, 2009
@ SEEKER : SHUT YUR MOUTH UP IF U DONT HAV ANY REASONABLE REPLY, DONT ALLOW ME TO RESUME MY ATTACK
Re: Jesus Is A Prophet Of God And Not A God : Bible by timmy7(m): 1:23am On Oct 25, 2009
the_seeker of 72 virgins in mohammed's paradise,i pity u 2 considering d perplexing thot of aving 72 houris to urself in mohammad's fantasy land going on in ur head grin smiley
Re: Jesus Is A Prophet Of God And Not A God : Bible by Nobody: 1:31am On Oct 25, 2009
Jesus is a prophet,yet his more than a prophet.Jesus is God&lord read john 14 vs5-11&philippians:2 vs 6.Jesus is d son of God see john 14 vs 20-21&john:3 vs 16.Jesus is incharge off everything living&dead including muslim,christians&pagan. Read:colossians 1 vs 15-20,philippians: 2 vs 9-11.Jesus is even more than these see 1Corinthians15 vs22-28&colossians: 2 vs2
Re: Jesus Is A Prophet Of God And Not A God : Bible by Abuzola(m): 8:47am On Oct 25, 2009
@luvola-

take it easy. Calm down

Can a Prophet be God ? It is impossible
Re: Jesus Is A Prophet Of God And Not A God : Bible by luvola(m): 11:22am On Oct 25, 2009
@ abu - y ridiculing us nah. dont allow me to resume attack because i wouldn't stop.
Re: Jesus Is A Prophet Of God And Not A God : Bible by Nobody: 11:27am On Oct 25, 2009
luvola u fit attack
Re: Jesus Is A Prophet Of God And Not A God : Bible by Abuzola(m): 12:15pm On Oct 25, 2009
@luvola, i asked a simple question, how can a Prophet be a God ? Answer me
Re: Jesus Is A Prophet Of God And Not A God : Bible by luvola(m): 1:03pm On Oct 25, 2009
i can see u dont want peace. if u want war ,i giv u war. d battle just begin , abu
Re: Jesus Is A Prophet Of God And Not A God : Bible by Abuzola(m): 3:19pm On Oct 25, 2009
Ah ! Luvola, i don't want war o, pls, you can ask me anything about islam i won't be furious, just open a thread and lets discuss it, i don't mean any harm, simply answer my question sir, who can a prophet be God ?
Re: Jesus Is A Prophet Of God And Not A God : Bible by Haksalam(m): 4:09pm On Oct 25, 2009
Luvola, why do you want to attack? Just be calm.
Re: Jesus Is A Prophet Of God And Not A God : Bible by Abuzola(m): 4:23pm On Oct 25, 2009
Abi o
Re: Jesus Is A Prophet Of God And Not A God : Bible by luvola(m): 4:26pm On Oct 25, 2009
jesus christ is d son of GOD . GOD sent him to this world to so dat u and i can repent and be save so dat u wouldn't end up in hell. be informed dat once u die ,it is either u ar in hell or heaven ( it a bernoulli distribution ) , unlike muslim doctrine dat said u wil spend few years in hell b 4 allah transfer u via bluetooth to heaven. absolute nonsence
Re: Jesus Is A Prophet Of God And Not A God : Bible by Abuzola(m): 4:30pm On Oct 25, 2009
You see how dumb you sound, a christian will end in hell forever and ever and not temporary. Get it
Re: Jesus Is A Prophet Of God And Not A God : Bible by luvola(m): 5:15pm On Oct 25, 2009
after death ,judgement folows. dont think allah wil save u .
Re: Jesus Is A Prophet Of God And Not A God : Bible by Abuzola(m): 9:02pm On Oct 25, 2009
You that you can't even explain ur christianity doctrine, you fall into complication, how can a prophet be a God ?
Re: Jesus Is A Prophet Of God And Not A God : Bible by afiq(m): 6:06am On Oct 26, 2009
petres_007:

Abuzola,

I see you're not interested in doing a proper study of the bible before jumping to baseless conclusions.

poster is anti Christ, enough said.
Re: Jesus Is A Prophet Of God And Not A God : Bible by sleek29(m): 8:47am On Oct 26, 2009
@abuzola,

John 10:30 "I and my Father are one. "
31 Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him.
32 Jesus answered them, "Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me? "
33 The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.
Re: Jesus Is A Prophet Of God And Not A God : Bible by Abuzola(m): 9:25am On Oct 26, 2009
Thats not true sleek, a messenger is a representive of a king, if you honour him you honour the king and if you disgrace him it means you disgrace the king thats what the phrase you quoted implify
Re: Jesus Is A Prophet Of God And Not A God : Bible by sleek29(m): 10:47am On Oct 26, 2009
@ abuzola, do you  have a problem with simple english, someone said My Father and I are one meaning there's no difference between him and the Father just as your mind and body are one, they specifically took up stones to stone him because the phrase meant He made himself equal with God, God's Spirit was in Him, ask any jewish rabbi, he'll tell you the same thing.

God is a Spirit, His Spirit lived in Christ and Christ promised another comforter, alos(another of the same kind) parakletos, the same Spirit that dwelled in Christ is the Holy Spirit(John 8:11).

So its simple, God is an unseen being(spirit), that unseen being(spirit) lived in Jesus, and is now living in the Church which is the body of Christ(romans 8:14), Christ being the first born of the new creation(those that are led by the Spirit of God)  cool
Re: Jesus Is A Prophet Of God And Not A God : Bible by luvola(m): 11:18am On Oct 26, 2009
@ sleek - d guy is lost already.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Bankole Solomon Criticizes Pastor Adeboye Over Politicians / The Difference Between Sin And Abomination. / Pope Says Personal Relationship With Jesus Is Dangerous and Harmful

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.